AMES CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

good place to work
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work, very professional. Payed weekly with perdeum and federal wages. Always have work to keep you employed. Friendly management staff..
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
work away from home
Make sure everyone is on the up and up key. Instead of taking someones word for it. Not every criminal has change their lifestyle for the good.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Was MinnesotaAugust 11, 2018
The only pro Is the benefits. Their are no other pros. Since the negative over runs the pros. having your life and job put in jeopardy makes every day very stressful along with every day life.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
When hsving to work around sex offenders it makes the work place uncomfortable
It was a good place to work everybody was polite and kind
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMJune 7, 2018
Ames Construction was a good company to work for the management was awesome and understanding. The benefits were good and so were the people I worked with
Demanding but rewarding work environment
FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 11, 2018
Ames Construction was a great place to intern. They taught me a lot about the field and always made sure I had important work to do, not normal intern work. The work environment was very demanding however, requiring working over 60 hours per week regularly.
Pros
Good Pay, Rewarding Work
Cons
Long hours, Travel Required
Compensation is not per industry standards
Structures Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2018
Very poor work to life balance, managment is very demanding and work you to death. Work culture is bad. Your efforts are never recognized. Work hours are brutal. Chief Estimator is very insensitive and very difficult to work for.
Pros
variety of projects
Cons
brutal working conditions
When work is plenty great place
Parts Runner/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVNovember 7, 2018
There are slow times when work stops. Great management and fun atmosphere. Working conditions included freezing temperatures, fast paced, lots of stuff to learn.
Great people
LABORER/OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bucks, ALAugust 13, 2018
Great people Great place to work great benefits great work environment safety first organization on the job training PPE for all workers for Ames just great
Excellent company to work for.
Water Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 21, 2018
I highly recommend this company. Good pay, decent equipment, quality workmanship in their final product.

I'm female.... I had previous driving experience when I hired in at Ames. However, not the experience I needed for this particular type of work. Coworkers were willing to show me better or easier ways to use my truck as a tool to produce the desired end result. Of course, some instructions were easier on the ears than others LOL. The trucks I drove were well maintained. Safety is a priority with this company.
Not for females
Payroll/AP/Accounting Lead (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 20, 2017
Can be a great place to work if you are male or a female with extensive plastic surgery. Hard work is not rewarded. Advancement opportunities are not extended to females. Company strict on office overtime and does not always pay the extra hours worked to complete the job.
Pros
Benefits and flexible schedule
Cons
Management, lots of discriminitation, no advancement opportunities for females, harrassment, and rate increases not equivalent to the rise of cost of living.
Nice to work for
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 5, 2018
The hours were consistent. The equipment was all nice and in good shape. It was a union company and they followed the union rules and regulations. Management was great
Okay job, but union dues.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 7, 2018
Okay work environment, decent hours, decent pay. If someone liked being in a union and paying dues just to have a job it would be okay to work there.
Excellent Company to work for.
Cement Mason (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 28, 2018
Even under extreme conditions we worked safe and steady, and it was a great experiance on the bridge project. Would jump at the chance to do it again!
Pros
Free lunches, winning clothes and gear, long hours, healthy paychecks!
Cons
sometimes too long, but seriously not that bad, just long periods of time.
Plumbing foreman (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAOctober 5, 2018
They are a good place to work. They guys out in the field are good to work with. The company does it's best to take care of its employees weather it be with affordable health care to timeoff.
Wonderful experience
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GADecember 3, 2018
It was a very good experience learned a lot of things about pipe laying .and man holes and silk fence .we install ten inch pipe eight inch pipe .we had too cut some pipe
Good company .good project.i would work for ames again if opportunity availed
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 23, 2018
Good crew worked together as a team. Long hours hard work .i loved it..foreman was a leader and a worker..the crew worked very well with the crane operator and heavy equiptment operators .we worked safely and efficiantly.we had each others backs...
Pros
Prevailing wage
Cons
I only caught the last 10 months or so of the project.
Nevada Area Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 24, 2017
Great work culture focused on safety and employee development.
Upper management is very supportive and promotes an environment with structure and advancement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to use my talents and have my ideas and efforts appreciated, considered and implemented.

Great place to develop skills freely, especially for the inexperienced worker.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2018
buena empresa para hacer dinero y aprender a trabajar
Pros
seguro medico y beneficios
Cons
trabajo pesado
Great Work Place
Apprentice carpenter (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 9, 2018
I learned a lot it was fast paced hard work pay was great.I liked building concrete forms and pouring concrete. A lot of problem solving skills team work
Ames Construction
Truck Driver and Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pastura, NMNovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with Ames Construction. My husband and I were able to work for the same company together. We were able to travel to different places and work with different people. I learned to drive cement truck and dump truck. I also learned a great deal about road construction. This is a much different culture than working inside an office or store. The hardest part of the job was leaving new friends behind when we moved to a different job. But the most enjoyable part of the job was making new ones.
Pros
A great company to work for
Cons
Supervisors where always a problem
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 27, 2018
The supervisors above me couldn’t figure out how or what they wanted. We couldn’t get the hand tools or any tools for that matter when we needed them. The iron was tired and wore out old. They preached a good game about safety but never followed though

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMES CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight