AmesburyTruth Employee Reviews

Productive , fun and sometimes stressful
Lead foam processor (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Amesbury was a good place to work with good benifits,it was nice to work with a nice group of people that cared about the quality of the product we sold.Team work is what it takes to be successful
good place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MADecember 13, 2018
it was a good job until the company got bought out by a large corporation and the place fell apart. all bonuses were cut and we were treated like a number.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no longer a company
A great job back in 2002 when Laird Co. owned it.
Organizer of shift members (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MADecember 13, 2018
it was good until the company was sold to this new company and they took away our bonuses, free quarterly meals and Turkey at thanksgiving and lastly closed their doors to move to North Carolina.
Pros
we got few free meals towards the end not like at the bedginning
Cons
they were taking away all the good benefits
Not a good place to work
Production area (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 10, 2018
Worked there for a long time. Had what I felt was a key position, but got very little management support. Leaders worried about production numbers, but weren't concerned about quality, at least not until product started getting returned from customers. Also had to look over your shoulder constantly to see who might be getting ready to stick the knife in. Find a job somewhere else.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management, culture of mediocrity
Friendly company
Screw Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 5, 2018
Fast pace, opportunity to advance, steady income. Paid time off, health insurance, anniversary dinners, quarterly meetings, holiday fun like games and potlucks, appreciation for employees.
Poor Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 4, 2018
The Company as a whole was great to work for but the management team for the customer service department cared more about being a manager over doing the job that needs to be done efficiently.
fast paced
Powder Coat Painter (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNNovember 27, 2018
This is a fast paced job. There is a lot of turnover so they are always short handed. The pay is good but you will work every other Saturday at the paint shop
Pros
good money
Cons
lots of overtime
I like to work
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNOctober 17, 2018
I am a hard working man i learn how to do things quick i respect other coworkers i work with i like to communicate with coworkers i work with and i like learning new things
Very stressful workplace with inconsistent policies & political management
Production Supervisor / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 2, 2018
When I started here, this was a good (although not excellent) place to work. The General Manager was actually a great guy and had invested much of his life in building up the facility. The Production Manager (my direct boss) loved to play games, was very political and very inconsistent in his management. Many policies were written but not enforced which put Supervisors in a bad spot. As the company was merged with another, and my facility was consolidated with two others, the politics became ridiculous. The company began slashing jobs, mostly from our division, putting the "merged" division executives and management in place. Eventually, this reached the Supervisory level where (I strongly feel) the company made unwise choices in who they "let go".
truth is fast paced
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 6, 2018
I have no problem with truth it is the interpersonal relations that bothered me . At any given moment someone would be mad at someone. It was one big soap opera not a pleasant place to work very cutthroat
AmesburyTruth has a high turn over
Accounts Receivable/Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 27, 2018
I have seen so much turnover at AmesburyTruth in the last 2.5 years. With new management came a turnover where employees that had been there for 20 plus years were let go with very little compassion or care.
extremely exhausting.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 2, 2018
i only know about the paint building, which is honestly awful. most people quit after 2 weeks, some sooner!!! the management is all over the place. even the supervisors quit! i hear the main building is actually wonderful tho. i dont much about that building, as i said. but i would not recommend working here. if people were nicer and more understanding of at home situations it might be bareable, but anything to do with my child is kinda like "is it worth losing your job?" like yes thats my kid. the heck. they honestly will hire anyone tho because the dont have many employees... because everyone quits. which makes it suck for the people who stay because they still try to run both lines with half the people they need... which means more work for you.
Pros
paid lunch, over time, paid holidays, pto.
Cons
management, mandatory overtime
Great career-building employer
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 20, 2018
Days were quite busy and the job was stressful. Definitely deadline driven - especially at month/year end. Great fellow employees. Morale is up and down depending upon the state of acquisitions and change. Company is always changing and growing - offering new opportunity. Management is under pressure to provide financial results since they are owned by investment company. However, if you like a challenge and a job where the time passes quickly, you will like working here.
Pros
Good benefits, pay is good
Cons
Morale can be a drag and jobs are stressful
Good people to work with on the production floor
Urethane Technician | Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2018
The people I work with daily are good and easy to deal with, the managers don't understand the job because they have changed so many times over the years. 20 different supervisors and/or managers in the 21 years that I have been here.
Overall good place to work
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEFebruary 25, 2018
During the time of my employment, I got along with my coworkers well. I was paid fairly and the benefits and PTO was exceptional. Unfortunately, they downsized and I was laid off.
Pros
Good hours, great benefits
Cons
no career advancement opportunity due to downsizing
Un organized no comnuication across supervisors
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 16, 2018
Un organized no comnuication across supervisors, every shift has different standards will not work with emloyees on scheduals. Shows favoritism to certain employees. The only positive thing about this place is the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of communication, Lack of help and training, unrealistic company goals.
Falling apart
Foam Operator (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAFebruary 7, 2018
The people are great to work with but overall the company lacks a strong management team. The production floor is unorganized due to the understaffed supervision team and the equipment is constantly breaking and is never fixed properly. Things seam to be fixed with a piece of tape as long as it works till the next time if falls apart again.
Cons
No advancement, unorganized and inefficient
Seemed good at first
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 29, 2018
Immediate supervisor and manager have limited technical knowledge and experience. I had to explain the basic gas fired oven operation to supervisor and manager among other things. Supervisor or manager would have a bad day and take it out on me. Operator training and experience contribute to same production equipment breaking down on a daily basis. Maintenance shop is unorganized and unless you know where the parts are at you will not find them. When my co-worker went on vacation, I was expected to work without any help from either the off going shift or oncoming shift. Several machines can break down at the same time, which can be overwhelming when working by your self. No Thanksgiving dinner was served for the employees. Could be a great to work if management cared about training and equipment.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Lots of paperwork, working weekends by your self
best place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 24, 2018
Truth is a company that work with you support you and help you with your school. is one of those company that will help you become how you wanted to in life with there understanding and care.
Chaos
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Corporate took over a nice small company. They didn’t care about their employees at all. Management never available. They treated their employees like doody. Forced resignations.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Everything else. It smelled like sewage in the office. Management not available for questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmesburyTruth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9