AMETEK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2018
Good company to work for. Learned teamwork.
People are friendly. Hard working people.
The enjoyable part is learning new skills. The workplace is very professional.
Pros
flexable hours
Good pay and opportunities for advancement
Melter mixer xray (Former Employee) –  Robesonia, PAJuly 19, 2018
Got to be a kiss a%# didn't respect your decisions to make for the environment better and safe. respect your opinion on anything you have to know someone there to get ahead they will fire you as fast as they can if they don't like you they will push for work work work work work and it's difficult if you have a family To raise to much horse play.
Pros
Great pay great workout
Cons
No job security favoritism judgmental supervisor
nice people
Detective Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed it there. I really liked the people i worked with and management was fair to everyone. They took good care of the people who work there and it was a good environment.
Pros
People were nice
Cons
Can be demnanding
Production Line Assembly worker (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 24, 2018
As a primary part of the team, I work together with a unit of employees to manufacture world-wide retractable, electric, and digital reels with customer specifications as well as custom equipment/reels used in a wide variety of applications. etc.
Pros
Some
Cons
Good company to work for
Embedded Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJune 9, 2018
Great people to work with, but normal amount of political bull to be expected. A few people playing games to get ahead but this is probably normal for any company. So all in all a good place to work.
Pros
good challenging place to work, great coe workers.
Cons
the few people playing games to get ahead...
Difficult Position
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 7, 2018
Ametek is a good company. The manufacturing arena is difficult to manage. Resources that are needed are not easily available due to tight budget constraints. Lack of resources can be frustrating when assigned a task that has a high cost.
Estricto ambiente de trabajo
Analista de Calidad (Prácticas profesionales) (Former Employee) –  Parque del NorteJune 1, 2018
El ambiente y cultura de trabajo es buena, sin embargo no ofrecen capacitación para nuevas promociones.
Pros
Constante empleo de 5's
Cons
En algunas áreas piden experiencia indispensable, sin brindar capacitación.
Stable place to work
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
I earned experience and knowledge of Power converters; however the work load is not well balanced
The hardest part of the job is at the end of each quarter when we are focused on shipping product as fast as we can and usually we care more about customer's money rather than customer's satisfaction
great place to work, we became famliy,great benefits
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 18, 2018
I loved my job there. we worked a lot of hours but we made it fun. the only reason I am not there now because the business closed and work was sent to China & Mexico.
Pros
benefits great work enviroment
Cons
short breaks
tax analyst co op
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMay 15, 2018
Decent pay. Nice bosses. Work got boring as I was only on a 5 month contract while still in college. I heard they fired everyone in tax though. I did learn a lot about international Tax.
Pros
Good Bosses in Tax.
Cons
Long commute from Drexel
Fast paced work environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 25, 2018
Ametek is a fast paced company that is dedicated to quality products.This is a good company to work for and the pay is above the average pay rate and there is room for advancement
Not pleased with 2nd shift
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Robesonia, PAApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed working on 1st shift. The staff and supervisors were easy to get along with. Once they changed me to 2nd shift, I started having issues with the supervisor on 2nd.
Amatek has given me opportunities learn more
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2018
A typical day at work was busy. I got more experienced in iso documentation, and did a major rohs conversion project for all products. My to managers are excellent. The workplace culture is to complete the task at hand with the help of many. The hardest part of the job is that it was only contract work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the worker who helped me learn the ropes.
I’m a soldered
Conformal coating (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 23, 2018
I don’t mind learning new jobs but I’m a soldered and I thought I was hire for but they wanted me working at something that I had no experience in, I ‘ve been a solder for over 30 years I like what I was doing but they placed me in conformal coating
Pros
Really none
Cons
None the way I see it
There was a ping pong table in the break room.
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 22, 2018
Not a great place to work for. Very clicky.The manager would not train the workers when defects were made, they would rely on us to fix their mistakes.
Pros
Cons
dirty environment, manager was a nightmare
Unrealistic Expectations
Sr. Applications Engineer / Presently Employed (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121March 7, 2018
Cons

Employees are not seen as an asset - staffing levels are far below what is required for the expected results. The blame for not meeting goals is placed on the employees. No investment in innovation - The basic plan is to buy up competitors to remove the need to address the market needs for innovative , quality and cost effective products.

Advice to Management

Goals should be achievable. Start adding staff to improve product quality. Stop chasing revenue. If you produce a good product that the market needs and support these properly - the revenue will follow.
Pros
Many talented employees. Compensation is not bad.
Cons
Many
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 5, 2018
AMETEK is a great place to work. The work-life balance is excellent. During the slow period you find yourself able to spend a lot of time with your family. You also get to travel to various business units.