AMETEK Employee Reviews

My all time favorite job - I loved working at Ametek Chandler Engineering!
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 1, 2018
I loved the inside sales position held at Ametek Chandler Engineering. I enjoyed every aspect of the job including dealing with internal and external customers on domestic and international levels, supporting all team members from upper to lower levels. It was a pleasure to be a part of this great team, while gaining more knowledge about the oil and gas industry. My various responsibilities were very enjoyable. I would consider working for this company again if afforded the opportunity.
Pros
Great location, good pay and benefits
Cons
I wish I had not lost this job - I hoped I could retire here.
productive environment
Atomizing Department Operator (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PANovember 6, 2018
Very hot environment and monotonous, Management could be more relative that everyone has a family to go home to. high turnover rate, Long days sometimes mandatory 7 day work weeks.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours, 7 day work weeks
Good pay and opportunities for advancement
Melter mixer xray (Former Employee) –  Robesonia, PAJuly 19, 2018
Got to be a kiss a%# didn't respect your decisions to make for the environment better and safe. respect your opinion on anything you have to know someone there to get ahead they will fire you as fast as they can if they don't like you they will push for work work work work work and it's difficult if you have a family To raise to much horse play.
Pros
Great pay great workout
Cons
No job security favoritism judgmental supervisor
Bad place to work do not go there.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYAugust 24, 2018
This place has a bad management for the actual workers. If you are not in the 'front office' they treat you like a second class person. I liked the work I did but was so underpaid that i found my self 'holding back'.
Benefits
Cons
Good workers, Great pay, bad work culture
LEAD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Robesonia, PASeptember 12, 2018
typical hurry up but don't get hurt production work. mandated overtime sometimes months on end so if you have children and a significant other, they have to take a backseat to Ametek. However, the pay and benefits are good.
Unrealistic Expectations
Sr. Applications Engineer / Presently Employed (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121March 7, 2018
Cons

Employees are not seen as an asset - staffing levels are far below what is required for the expected results. The blame for not meeting goals is placed on the employees. No investment in innovation - The basic plan is to buy up competitors to remove the need to address the market needs for innovative , quality and cost effective products.

Advice to Management

Goals should be achievable. Start adding staff to improve product quality. Stop chasing revenue. If you produce a good product that the market needs and support these properly - the revenue will follow.
Pros
Many talented employees. Compensation is not bad.
Cons
Many
Overall a very good experience working at Ametek
Northeast Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTDecember 7, 2018
A typical day at work would be prospecting, following up on leads and update progress in Salesforce, quoting and forecasting. I learned new products and markets. Ametek has a fairly top heavy management and is too light in engineering. The hardest and most frustrating part of the job is expediting customer samples through the engineering department. I think, like most salespeople, the favorite part of my job is working with the customers to turn a new opportunity to a win (i.e. orders).
Pros
Traveling to customers for relationship building.
Cons
Slow engineering responses and quality problems.
great place to work, we became famliy,great benefits
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 18, 2018
I loved my job there. we worked a lot of hours but we made it fun. the only reason I am not there now because the business closed and work was sent to China & Mexico.
Pros
benefits great work enviroment
Cons
short breaks
the most enjoyable part of job working and training at the same time
Sr. Manufacturing/Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
You always learn something new every day, and the most enjoyable part of the job solving difficult problems and learning from the team members., and coaching your team to be the best.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
not getting promotions
Good intern experience but sometimes neglected
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCSeptember 3, 2018
It was great to learn a lot about electronics manufacturing and surge protectors. My coworkers were all nice people and the culture was positive there. A lot of times however, I would ask for things to do and they would not get around to giving me projects so I spent more time surfing the internet then I would have liked. I kind of had to make things happen for myself at times. Good learning experience overall though.

Want to know more about AMETEK?

Ask a question
Nice new building, had a fuss ball table for lunch and breaks.
Engineering Manufacturing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHDecember 5, 2018
A typical day at work could include many different things just depending on what was the most urgent. I learned many things about motors on the job because they don't teach that in school anymore. Learned how to deal with manufacturing sites, and customers. I really enjoyed my work there it was just that they had a down sizing before the end of the year.
Toxic workplace
EM Tech (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MaJanuary 9, 2019
If you like non stop misery this is the place for you. Toxic environment with very poor management and supervision. I had never quit a job in my life but felt it necessary to get out from under this awful dismal company.
Pros
Cons
take your pick of many
I learned a lot about the aerospace industry
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CADecember 10, 2018
I was a stand alone buyer and applied all my expertise as well as while working there learned a lot from my Manager and the Manufacturing and Engineering teams.
I truly loved working there! I had to leave the company due to relocation.
Aerospace industry is one of the most fascinating fields I have worked at.
It's ok
Operator (Current Employee) –  Montevideo, MNSeptember 3, 2018
Not a very hard place to work. Way to much sitting for my liking. Management was decent. hours are nice. Pay could be more considering makeing medical parts.
Able to work overtime for extra pay
Motor Assembler (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJanuary 2, 2019
Safe place environment to work. Plenty of parking spaces. Rotates to different departments so you learn different aspects of production.
Most of the workers have been working there most of there lives. Company planning to move to Mexico is so wrong.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Production side moving to Mexico
Good Company with many business units and vertical product offering.
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 1, 2017
Depends on your position and hierarchy level for promotional mobility. Product mix is good for specific application and market segment. Slow with new introductions and gaining a competitive advantage.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Clear communication and viable marketing from management.
The hardest part of the job
Sr. Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 2, 2018
The material processes where not aligned to the Business plan and changes where not allowed. Results were question. Materials Managers do not last more than a year.
Pros
Salary
Cons
working enviroment
Work Life Balance
Master Planner (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 10, 2017
Ametek provides a Work Life Balance that I did not have in my last two jobs. I enjoy being able to have a life outside of work. I would expect to have this benefit on my next job also.
Pros
Great Benefits package
Cons
No room for advancement.
Job skills
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2018
My time at Ametek is where I really gained the majority of experience that makes up my resume. Several opportunities for advancement. Many valuable skills learned there.
Great company
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 18, 2018
AMETEK was a great company to contact with. I ultimately wanted to to be a full-time regular employee but they only wanted contract work. I briefly considered returning to AMETEk but chose a different path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMETEK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight