Amgen

United States1,425 reviews

Found 1,425 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,629 reviews

Amgen insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Good Work Experience

There is a good work/balance, the compensation/benefit is great, my Quality Assurance Software Testing manager is awesome, but there are limited advancement opportunities.

Stressing work ambient, Puerto Rico culture very different at American. Poor Management, HR doesn’t care about you.

Manager always wants to do easy things difficult. No work/life balance. Excellent company to work and great benefits, salary but the only bad things is Management and HR. In Amgen Puerto Rico Manager and HR doesn’t help you. Management doesn’t care about they employees. A lot of experience employees resigned and HR doesn’t investigate why.

Pros

Compensation, benefits and job security

Cons

Very poor Management Very poor HR work/life balance

Great experience and opportunity to professional growth

Amgen is a great place to developement your skills of management, control time and priorities. It's a hardwork but you growth as professional. I have a great experiencehere.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Work 24/7

Excellent and caring empoyer.

They care and contribute alot to the communities.They are very strict on protocols, trainings and guidelines for cleanliness/sanitation.I worked there in subcontract cleaning (Fuller Brush/Antilles), not directly with Amgen, so I don’t know much about being a regular employee.

Amgen really cares about its employees and put's them as the priority

Overall, working at Amgen (as a contractor) was great. Your experience mostly depends on your department and team, but as a whole, Amgen really cares about its employees. Everyone is really smart and motivated to make an impact.

Pros

Nice campus, intelligent/helpful coworkers, Amgen rarely lays off people, respectable product pipeline.

Cons

Roles are too siloed, difficult to advance in career

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Divertido, aprendizaje y profesionalismo.

Mi evaluación es bueno pero debería dar más oportunidades directas y no tanto por agencias de colocación de de empleo.

Pros

Seguro médico excelente para los permanentes sin embargo personal por agencia no tiene oportunidad

Cons

Los temporeros no gozan de beneficios ninguno en la compañía.

Very aggressive company, business model depends on contractors. No one I worked with is with them niw including senior management

Really aggressive company, they are trying to balance their books by aggressive innovation in cost cutting measures. Innovative products, trying to compete eith established pharma companies

Pros

Beautiful campus full of hopeful talents plenty of expensive employee support programs, 3rd party contracted like child care, shoe repair, etc.

Cons

Expensive on campus food courts

Nice workplace

Nice place for opportunities for growth. Some managers are very nice and understanding. However, I didn’t get feedback when asked. I would have liked honest feedback to help me improve.

Great place to learn and grow.

I had a great experience at Amgen. It was an amazing company where I learned important skills and helped me land better positions at other companies. It's a great place to jump at when you're young to get experience to go somewhere else (if you want to make a career in the company it's a great option too). Very energetic and nice environment.

Excellent workplace with amazing benefits

The best professional experience I've had so far. Great benefits and paid overtime, which is something that was not given in previous opportunities. The only negative I have is that I am trying to relocate and might have to switch jobs due to them not allowing the change eventhough I am working remotely.

Pros

- Benetifs - Salary - Time Flexibility

Cons

The only con I can think of is that relocation is not easy to grant, but cases like mine might be rare to see.

Horrible management

Horrible managers can be at any company and can make or break an employee’s experience. I just happened to get one of these managers at Amgen. This manager required an amount of reports and paperwork that made it difficult to concentrate on the actual job I was hired to do. They also questioned every single tactic and wanted me to do things only their way.

Pros

Great benefits, salary, and bonus potential

Cons

Micromanagement with endless useless reports to write up; poor management.

Productive, Professional, fun , happy environment

My experience in Amgen has been the best. It is the best company, you can breath peace in a very healthy environment. We have many benefits, including Bravos for the recognitions . I am very happy working for this company.

Pros

We have Bravos for recognitions

Cons

Breaks, healthcare, lots pf benefits

Productive and great learning environment

Great place to work especially if you are starting your career because there are a lot of training programs and learning opportunities. Although, work can be very hectic and busy depending on the department and job expectations.

Pros

Opportunity to learn

Cons

Very busy at times

Delicious fast food but not a sustainable diet

A well-resourced company, focused on serious unmet medical need, with patient first thinking. Great opportunities to gain work experience - relatively high turnover of skilled workers, so you can put in as many hours as you like and no one will stop you - but recognition and advancement can be limited by cronyism and lack of transparency. Constant rounds of layoffs and restructuring produced low morale and no real loyalty. Criticizing corporate initiatives is not tolerated. An unusually youthful workforce.

Pros

Many opportunities to gain skills and experience, some very talented medical scientists and friendly work culture

Cons

Limited recognition — popularity (not just performance) is key to advancement

Good for experience

Good place to learn as a new grad and get skills and experience for the future. Difficult at times to get training as a contractor and hard to get hired full time.

Good place for full-time employee

I worked as a contractor and there's been a feeling of detachment. Management is ok, but not as expected. Good place for entry level to get experience. Extremely competitive.

Pros

Flexible hours, high technology

Cons

Competitive, hard to grow

Good if you like big and complicated.

Company is too big and way too complicated for it's own good. People are afterthoughts for the most part, bottom line is the all important thing. Management is distant and despite the advertising, less than forthcoming with any honest information.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Management, workload, communication, etc...

Lots of learning. Work- life balance

Amgen is an employee friendly company and the best part is its flexible working hours that I enjoyed during my small tenure ( remote) as a contractor. Lots of programs for employees related to health, learning, self development.

Pros

Flexible hours, self development programs

Stressful, but decent pay. Cool, funky atmosphere with laidback vibe.

Work here if you want stability, nice benefits, but aren't too ambitious. You get a chill job with a nice compensation package, but you won't be able to move up a lot.

Pros

Benefits, stock options, time off

Cons

Limited advancement

No growth at all. Pay / benefits are good though.

Been stuck in my current position for 3 years with no hope of growth in sight. Pretty much have to wait for someone to retire at small sites. Pay is great and benefits are fantastic.

Stay away from Tampa location

The amgen Tampa location is treated differently than other locations in the US. Employees don’t get LTI, and the HR Site head recently admitted that Tampa is a Low cost center location for Amgen. Hence the salaries and benefits are different than other locations. Not a good strategy to retain staff. The high turnover rate is not surprising.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amgen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amgen.
Powered byComparably