Amgen Employee Reviews

Found 989 reviews matching the search See all 1,114 reviews
Great Company
BA, System Owner, Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Thousand OaksDecember 14, 2018
Great Company

At Amgen, the mission is to serve patients. We dedicate our days to turning the tide on serious, life-interrupting illnesses—pushing the boundaries of science to transform medicine.
Excellent company
Sr. Validation Scientist (Former Employee) –  Juncos, Puerto Rico, USDecember 9, 2018
It was a great experience. Company promotes growth and development and has a robust training program. Apart from the employee benefits. In addition to a well developed compensation program and employee rwtirement plan.
Enjoyed my time
Senior Biotech Sales Representative Oncology (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Amgen. I moved around to different specialties in the company and was supported in my development. I felt empowered to work as an ambassador for the company.
Very Stressful and strict
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRDecember 6, 2018
Amgen is definitely a great job in terms of learning opportunities and professional growth. But is a very strict and stressful work environment. Employees can rate you in terms of performance and behavior and this can really get you into trouble (this allows them to get bossy) so make sure you make some friends and follow the rules. Once inside the company you are in the military, extremely ridiculous. The hardest part of the job is actually cope with all the rules and follow word by word every single instruction because they have a procedure for everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are out of the company and can enjoy your salary.
Pros
Great salary, paid vacations and sick days, 401K, health insurance
Cons
Mostly Temporary positions
Contract Worker
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 30, 2018
I was a CW at Amgen and I really enjoyed it. Despite the different colored badges, we are somewhat treated the same, but there is this lingering sense that Contract workers are looked down upon by the other FTEs.
Pros and Cons
Senior Associate GRAAS (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 29, 2018
Stable company when I first started, then they started downsizing and it was difficult. The benefits and campus was outstanding. Lots of opportunity to contribute to the community.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Lack of stability
Amazing Team
Resource Forecasting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 28, 2018
The team that I worked with was amazing. Everyone wanted to help each other. I feel that it is part of Amgen’s culture to always work together and meet all the deadlines
Worked as a contract/temp employee
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 27, 2018
As a contract/temp employee, Amgen makes it very clear that you are not "one of them" excluding Temps from a lot of activities and access to some of the amenities (on-site gym, company summer celebration carnival, etc.) If you are an Amgen employee, it looks like you would be very well taken care of.
Lots of changes to the workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CANovember 26, 2018
The company is restructuring and changing work settings at the same time. Team work is encouraged but challenging. The new environment is open work space. It tends to be very quiet, more so than in the old "cubicle" setup.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Work overload at all levels
Nice place to work.
Associate Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRNovember 24, 2018
THis is a good place to work. It's a work with multiples opportunities to development like professional. The culture is about science and technologies in biotechnology area.
fun work place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Juncos, PRNovember 23, 2018
i have excellent communication with my teammates respects and excellent team work, I have great communication with the manager and the supervisor even I was tempory employer a have great benefits.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Reliable position in great company
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 21, 2018
Management largely looked out for employees by comparison to the general marketplace. Lay-offs became standard with consolidation in biotech space. This is a place you stay at.
Pros
Great benefits, interesting marketplace
Cons
Slow to incorporate change
Amgen
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 20, 2018
Amgen is a great place if you are actually hired to work there as full time employee and not as a temp. They made us temps feel like we didn't matter. They excluded us from all company events, including christmas parties. The campus is pretty and 7 really nice gourmet cafeterias, but you don't get the experience unless you are a full time, til then you are just a minion.
Pros
nice campus, huge and clean
Cons
temps get the cold shoulder
Great company
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 20, 2018
Lives the Values. Patients are always first. Fair pay and opportunities. Good culture with a lot of professional respect. When I left the company, I had almost all positive interactions with my previous co-workers. I would only suggest that they need to put more effort towards training single women who travel on behalf of the company.
Very productivity and safely workplace
Sr. Validation Scientist (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRNovember 18, 2018
Very productivity and safely workplace. Very focus in the goals of the site and in the projects. Very strict in the security and safety. The workplace is very comfort.
Great, if you like to work all day and night
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 16, 2018
Amgen is living on bare-bones in terms of people and outside dollars expenses. But they expect you to do things well, complete things on an unrealistic timeline, and keep doing it, project after project. The triple constraint of time, cost, and quality doesn't exist there... because Amgen knows that people have the ability to flex and work harder when asked. So if you're OK with working harder and smarter, then hey, it's awesome.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, gym, campus, opps to travel. Great people, mostly.
Cons
Zero work like balance, chaotic culture, poor leadership.
challenging but rewarding
Associate (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 15, 2018
Strong corporate culture with good support for growth. Difficult to promote and some challenges with internal career growth. Great work/ life balance and beautiful area.
Fun Place to Work
R&D Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 14, 2018
I was an Intern for Amgen a 2 years ago. It was a great experience to have especially since it accelerated my career. A lot to learn and a great environment to work.
AMGEN is an excellent place to work.
Grad Coop Learning & Performance (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRNovember 14, 2018
AMGEN is an excellent place to work. They have a unique workplace culture, mission and values. The live by their purpose that is serving their patients. I am greatfull for the enriched experience I had.
Pros
Culture, pay, benefits and colleagues
Great.
Pilot Plant Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 14, 2018
Great place to work. I just want to upload my resume, and find it irritating that I cannot just do that without jumping through all of these hoops...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amgen. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amgen.

Powered by Comparably