Amgen Employee Reviews

Found 947 reviews matching the search See all 1,070 reviews
Amgen is a great place to work
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 12, 2018
Nice place to work. The area and campus is beautiful. My fellow employees were competent and supportive. Very innovative and open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
Pros
Beautiful area
Cons
Depends
Global Labeling
Global Labeling Strategist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 11, 2018
Not a very pleasant working atmosphere in the global labeling department. Discussions are not favored well. Staff are degraded and treated unfairly. Overall, not a positive working experience.
Career Development
Program Management Office (PMO) Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 11, 2018
Amgen focuses on helping employees achieve the most they can in life and work. Programs are in place to teach managers how to be managers and to help them grow and learn.
Not a good place for contractors to work.
Scientist III (Former Employee) –  West Greenwich, RIOctober 9, 2018
This place did not really give me a legitimate chance. The people that were training me were rude and obnoxious. I was hired to work in the QC lab as a contractor. When I was having trouble nobody would help. They only gave me one chance to pass training exercises under pressure then they let me go after three months. The managers and permanent employees had a personal bias who they wanted in the lab. The contracting company gave me a separation letter that was personally offensive and inflammatory!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, personal bias, pressure to rush training.
A very c.ompetitive place to work
Manufacturing Associate I (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PROctober 7, 2018
Excellent workplace with a good job culture focusing in the patients. The most important working here was the excellent personal to work together and the culture of innovation .
Pros
they give some times free lunch
Cons
to much overtime.
Amgen Review
eDiscovery Forensic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 5, 2018
It would be a great place to work if it wasn't for the constant organizational changes and layoffs. Entirely unstable work environment makes for a stress full workplace
Good flexibility
Associate PM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 4, 2018
Arrive early, leave early. Beautiful campus. Managers are supportive and fun to work with. Team work highly valued. Workplace environment state of the art and nice to work in since you can pick any spot to work each day.
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
Not enough conference rooms
Good
Associate Manufacturing Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoOctober 2, 2018
Good workplace culture. Cross training in different areas allow the employees to develop. Special attention to safety and promote a ergonomic culture.
Pros
cafeteria
Great benefits and beautiful campus. Management sucks!
Project Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 1, 2018
Great place to work if your under the right management. Alot of politics at this company. Stress level high! Great benefits over all.The workload is a lot and you either sink or swim. Need a better training program.
Pros
Cafeteria's, Gym and great benefits.
Ambiente de trabajo excelente
Supervisor, Reinaldo Machín Pagan TEL (Current Employee) –  Material CordinatorSeptember 30, 2018
Ambiente de trabajo excelente con buenos patrones .
Pros
Seguro medico, excelente salario, buenos beneficios
Cons
N/a
Inspection
Associate Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Juncos, PR 00777September 29, 2018
We work in a family and dedicated environment, all with the same purpose of bringing a safe product to the patient. We packed the product easily and effectively for our patients who need them so much.
Pros
security
Cons
short breacks
Great place to start a Career, little advancement opportunities
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 28, 2018
You get a lot of great experiences as lower levels that enable career growth. However, it is very difficult to get promoted in a timely manner if not part of the rotational programs or if someone leaves. No work-life balance. But still a good place to get great experience.
Pros
Excellent benefits, flexibility in work location and hours as long as work gets done
Cons
No Promotional Opportunities, Constant Change, No work life balance
Lots of changes in work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 26, 2018
Too much construction all over campus for too long, too little job security at this time. The company used to be great to its employees. Lots of attrition and high-level leadership leaving.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Culture is changing, team spirit is missing now
Excellent workplace
Contingency worker (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRSeptember 26, 2018
Excellent workplace with a good job culture focusing in the patients. The most important working here was the excellent personal to work together and the culture of innovation that was implemented in the PD department.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
No benefits for contractor
Amazing experience as an intern
Grad Intern, IS Enterprise Platform (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2018
I am enjoying my internship at amgen, process oriented, collaborative environment. Work life balance is maintained and have helpful team to work with.
New technologies coming up.
good place to work
Key Accounts Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 25, 2018
a lot of management changes, loss of continuity with new employees/management. culture changed from entrepreneurial to bureaucratic. succession planning is a myth as top roles are filled from outside.
Excellent place to work
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work. I was working there as a Contractor. I enjoyed my stay in Amgen. Great boss and good work culture. The team was very driven and didn't need much direction.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Consultant Lead Onsite Trainer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
I was there for such a short period of time as a contractor but the time I spent at headquarters was always fascinating. Just walking around the campus gave you positive reason to perform at a stellar level of excellence
in general a rewarding place to work
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 19, 2018
Amgen is in general a good place to work, exciting science, challenges, and opportunities. People generally enjoy their jobs and what amgen stands for.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
career advancement
productive, quiet and a learning place to work for
Sr. Business Analyst- PMO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2018
Business analysis, meetings, process workflow and documentation
New tools
i like the work culture
Long commute was a pain
My team was the most enjoyable part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amgen. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amgen.

Powered by Comparably