Amgen
Coronavirus update

Amgen Employee Reviews for Administrative Coordinator

Administrative Coordinator30 reviews
United States30 reviews
Typical work day is fun, energetic and productive. Management is understanding, advocator for you and always wants you to learn as much as you can. Workplace culture is great!! The hardest part was when my assignment ended after 3 years, the most enjoyable part was the people. They were very helpful, team oriented and always eager to teach whatever was necessary to get the job done.
Pros
lunch, education and th people
Poor management in the legal department 10 years ago. Best part was the central campus grounds. Worst part was too many people. stressful demanding
Good luck getting hired if you are a contract worker, they would rather keep you as a temp so they do not have to pay health insurance. It was a good job, but no chances for advancement
I loved my position at Amgen. I was at a point in my life where I needed more time to spend with my children. The facility is amazing and you work with very smart, fun, driven people.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great place to work, with great employees. The campus is beautiful which also provides a great place to get outside and work in nature. It's also a great place to hold a meeting.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Open floor work plan
NextGen workspace no longer assigned desks or monitors available to all who need them. Due to constant remodeling, eateries have closef and food trucks brought in, exceedingly expensive.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
First off, get used to Next Gen Work Environment - no assigned employee space - Chairs for 70% of staff Monitor resources available for 30% of those chairs. On average, you will be working off a laptop on the laptop monitor. Demands are high - currently, the mentality is to do more with less and if you can't handle it, there will be someone that can internally or externally. There is a heavy focus on personal control over your goals, development, and advancement. If you can successfully lay the political game; you can rise. Many do not do well and work a bunch of hours just to stay afloat. There is a lot of benefits - exposure to all levels of leadership due to open floorplan and benefits are pretty nice. Company shutdowns and vacation accruals are generous. Don't ever expect to use all your vacation time after a year or 2 because work still needs to be completed one way or another.
Pros
generous benefits and wonderful corporate office location
Cons
competitive work environment; high stress, culture of success based on who you know and how you can spin your work product.
Amgen is a great place to work as a full time employee. Their benefits are amazing. The new generation workspaces are incredible. They've put a lot of thought and investment in making it an enjoyable environment to work in.
They are the biggest Biotech company in the world. I loved it there........they had great restaurants, a gym events for employees and their families etc. It a great company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amgen?
I worked for Amgen for five years in one of there sales offices in Wayne, PA where I supported two executive directors for Oncology Unit in Northeast and MidAtlantic territories. A typical day at work was checking in with Executive Directors, answering any incoming calls, travel, expense reports, helping with slide preparation, coordinating and booking off-site meetings. I learned to multi-task and toggle between two Directors. Management at Amgen was very fair and balanced and the workplace culture was balanced as well. The office that I worked in was a small office with only two other Administrative Coordinators and we all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job was knowing that my managers wanted at all times; sometimes I made the final call and hoped it was the right one. The most enjoyable part of my job was the culture, the people I worked for and traveling.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Amgen is a job, the company has high expectations of its employees and applies pressure to always do more. Your plate is full but there is always more you can do. You will be stressed out of your mind and therapy of all sorts will be needed to get you through this job. You are a number not a person and if you try to apply internally for another position within the company, you need to know someone or else you won't advance.
Pros
Compensation, the pay and benefits are excellent
Cons
High stress, lots of doctor visits to get you through the days of working here
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, where you can work at the forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Pros
Coffee breaks with the team to catch up
Cons
Work late at times
They are right on it when there is something you need. Always responding with in a couple of hours of email or call. Very professional office. would recommend working for them.
Intense corporate work environment. Great environment to learn. At this point in my life, I am no longer looking to return to Amgen.
When I was a contracted employee Amgen was great. After I was hired it was totally different than what I was presented. Everyone there is depressed and complaining. Lack of communication between management and employees.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Most miserable place I ever worked.
The day starts with heavy calendar, email and mailbox maintenance and cross functional interactions and wearing many hats throughout the day. Learning management system allowednfor unlimited and frequent task and role educationnfor growth. Teamwork and cross functional interaction was a plus.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Hourlymand needing to work overtime due to heavy periods of workload without ability
I was blessed to work at Amgen's Washington sites. The group of people there, not only in my group/department, but across all functions at the site were the best of the best. Everyone was dedicated to the mission. My immediate manager was truly someone unique and special to work for. She absolutely made sure that her reports had a strong work/life balance (even if she didn't adhere to that for herself). My immediate group of co-workers is what I loved the most and what I miss the most now that AWA has been closed down.
Pros
Terrific benefits, great compensation
Cons
Uncertainty since 2007, never knew when the next outsourcing or lay-offs would occur
Amgen is one of the most rewarding companies I have ever worked at. The team I worked for treated me with respect and immediately made me feel a part of. At the end of the day it felt great knowing that I contributed to help saving lives.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
The work is never done
Benefits were great. Generous vacation time plus Christmas and 4th of July week off.Senior Management seemed to be lacking vision for the future, but nice, bright and respectful employees and a good work environment overall.
Amgen is amazing to work for, if you have a good Manager. Great campus with great benefits and most people are great to work with.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Paid Vacation Great Benefits
Cons
some Managers use their "power" to intimidate
Enjoyed going to work each day with professional, collaborative co-workers. Great managers who encouraged team work and shared pertinent information. Everyone is viewed as a professional regardless of job title.