Amgen
Coronavirus update

Amgen Employee Reviews for Manufacturing Associate

Manufacturing Associate74 reviews
United States74 reviews
It is a great place to work. Only problem is they do not offer permanence to often so you got to work as a temp. Everything else was great. The pay was also good.
Major favoritism, everyone is fake and unfriendly, starting with management. Pay and benefits are good that about it. Feels like I was back in high school
Excelente empresa, tu trabajo dependerá del edificio al que vayas a trabajar.
Fue mi primera experienciande trabajo. Aprendi mucho la manufactura de farmacos, operar computadoras paea correr procesos y hacer analisis a las muesteas de las soluciones que se producian. Aprendi muchonsobre buenas practicas de manufactura.
Lot of goods coworkers there a challenging career but also rewarding, I like to work in that team and deffinitely would work there again,life changing job
I like work in this company. The culture in Amgen is good to will go to the goal.The supervisor have a good knowledgein the line and good comunicaion with the operators.
Excellent place to learn and gain experience. Learning oportunities all year, web based trainings, on the job trainings and lead instructor trainings offered to everybody not only about manufactuuring but also about safety.
Its a nice place where you can work and feel that what you ere doing is helping others mostly patients. Its a place where ethics and trust are always the key. A culture that demonstrate to help others.
Benefits
My experience in Amgen was my first work experience, which I am very grateful for and I appreciate the values ​​that the company has, the work environment is excellent, it is a very fair and very complete company
• Hands-on experience in manufacturing processing • Good knowledge of Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures • Ability to work safely with materials and equipment • Chromatography Columns Operations • Bioreactors Operations • Lab and Measurement Techniques • Knowledge and well management of eBR Operator Execution Using PAS-X V 3.1, SAP and Maximo • Knowledge in Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) Projects
Working at amgen was a good experience to start in the pharmaceutical field. The experience gave exposure to cGMP and lean manufacturing process with a lot of opportunities to learn on the job.
A typical day consisted of 10-14 hours. I learned the process of making a buffer to be used in the process. The workplace is great. They love to include employees in decision making and part of the working force. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. Most enjoyable part was the culture of learning.
Manufacturing pharmaceutic that develops drugs for oncology patients. The associates perform additional duties like sanitation, characterization, and validation. Sometimes the associates have to perform basic mechanical interventions depending of task.
Work at Amgen was an excellent experience. Collaborate with peers and learn of each other about Biotechnology was very interesting. Amgen provide a good workplace culture, everybody try to help you to understand every process and task that you have to perform. Competitive managers with a lot of knowledge about the process.
Amgen es un lugar de trabajo seguro, con un personal muy amable y servicial. El servicio de la cafeteria es excelente y la disponibilidad de horario que tiene la misma ayuda a que todos los empleados (sin emportar el turno que tengan) puedan tener como opcion un lugar accessible para comer.
As a recent graduate, I had the opportunity to work with no experience in the pharmaceutical industry. The workplace culture is highly competitive, and the employees are highly committed to the company's mission and vision.
Pros
Nice facilities, good pay, great place to learn
Cons
Expensive cafeteria, no gym access to temporary workers
Working at Amgen has been a highly professional development experience. I have been able to develop my knowledge in the area of Biotechnology, manufacturing processes, I have participated in the NPI (New Product Introduction) and in the improvement of processes.
Amgen is definitely a great job in terms of learning opportunities and professional growth. But is a very strict and stressful work environment. Employees can rate you in terms of performance and behavior and this can really get you into trouble (this allows them to get bossy) so make sure you make some friends and follow the rules. Once inside the company you are in the military, extremely ridiculous. The hardest part of the job is actually cope with all the rules and follow word by word every single instruction because they have a procedure for everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are out of the company and can enjoy your salary.
Pros
Great salary, paid vacations and sick days, 401K, health insurance
Cons
Mostly Temporary positions
i have excellent communication with my teammates respects and excellent team work, I have great communication with the manager and the supervisor even I was tempory employer a have great benefits.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Amgen is a great place if you are actually hired to work there as full time employee and not as a temp. They made us temps feel like we didn't matter. They excluded us from all company events, including christmas parties. The campus is pretty and 7 really nice gourmet cafeterias, but you don't get the experience unless you are a full time, til then you are just a minion.
Pros
nice campus, huge and clean
Cons
temps get the cold shoulder
Excellent workplace with a good job culture focusing in the patients. The most important working here was the excellent personal to work together and the culture of innovation .
Pros
they give some times free lunch
Cons
to much overtime.