Amgen
Coronavirus update

Amgen Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Project Manager26 reviews
United States26 reviews
Aggressive growth program, well capitalized construction project in Rhode Island . Worked as a subcontractor for thei expansion program. Resources were placed in an efficient manner
great benefits and pay, negative work environment and lack of support from management. Work schedule was not flexible at all. Goals were unclear from the get go.
Amgen is a great company to work for. I feel that the work done at Amgen does align with their mission statement which is to serve patients. Overall a good work environment and very accommodating.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No holiday pay for contract workers
After hurricane Maria the company provide ice and gasoline to CW. They are committed to their mission related to human health, products development and FDA requirements.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
A great place to work with talented staff in all disciplines. PMO strives to meet company objectives to deliver technical solutions in support of business with focused on-time and cost containment of deliverable's.
Pros
flex schedule, remote work
Cons
Great place to work if your under the right management. Alot of politics at this company. Stress level high! Great benefits over all.The workload is a lot and you either sink or swim. Need a better training program.
Pros
Cafeteria's, Gym and great benefits.
Cons
Amgen has evolved from a small and intimate biotech/pharma company to a large Biotech/Pharma behemoth company. During this transition the company lost its soul and spirit to grow, nurture, coach and mentor its employees. Now everything is profit and results driven with little concern for the health, welfare and moral of its employees!
Pros
fair wages
Cons
oppressive management
Worked through a temp agency. watched several FTEs get laid off. This was unannounced and unexpected. When you become an FTE there are really great benefits Amgen offers on-site daycare.
Benefits
Cons
Constant Downsizing
Wonderful experience and culture, opportunity to grow. open to diverse community of females, internationals and foreigners. Constant training opportunities and very health conscious
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amgen?
Traveled continuously as a IT Project Manager. Because of the growth in the company , everyone was stressed. Many divorces . No balance in family and work life.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
Stressful work environment
The work done was never enough. They always wanted to "do more with less". And while there was room for advancement the culture was like that everywhere.
benefits
Cons
stress level
Good place to work - decent pay! Great campus Management style varies with different groups Enjoy working with global teams Supportive colleagues Less opportunities for good contract workers for FTE jobs.
Overall I found the experience a good one. Plenty of work and good people to work with and for. No two days were alike...no chance to get bored with the job.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Cons
Contract ended too soon.
My experience at Amgen has a lot of mixed feelings. Never was I more excited about an opportunity for a career. Unfortunately after seven years there, I had experienced too many poor management decisions and career thwarting moments to want to move forward. Twice, due to politics, somehow my current departments were authorized to hire new outside employees at a higher pay grade than myself with less education, skill and experience who I also had to train and hand hold. The disappointing part was I was constantly volunteering for extra projects, travel opportunities, etc. but since much of that was at the discretion of your direct manager, it was apparent how much favoritism played in career advancement instead of skills, dedicated and drive. I had managers willing to bend over backwards to promote one employee while I sat there begging for a fair shot. My last straw was when I was hired under a Director and a re-organization then put my under a brand new mid-level manager who had no idea what she was doing. Once it was explained to me we had an algorithm that determined only a specific % of employees could receive advancement any given year and to quote my Director he would have to "attend these meetings and stand on a table and light his hair on fire" in order to quantify actually earning the raise I knew I deserved when working with Directors, VPs and even our CEO regularly, I realized that big, beautiful carrot being dangled in front me of was never going to be in reach. It was heartbreaking to want to be part of something so badly and had all the right skills and desire, - more...
Pros
All the fringe benefits of a Fortune 500
Cons
Career advancement
I had a good experience at Amgen. On a typical workday, I would get into the office ready to tackle my project head-on. As a general rule, the organization is very organized and is ensuring effective meetings take place throughout all functions. Within the R&D, team cultures vary, but there is a good understanding of the strategies set for by the VP. One must prepare for changes as the organization is striving to implement practical solutions across all processes.
Pros
Change is happening all the time, flexibility is a must
Enjoyed working here. The project teams were awesome and everyone worked very hard. The group included FTE's and Contractors and everyone worked as a team delivering results that was appreciated and recognized.
Love my job and the people Learned different things, never boring Co-worker are helpful Great support from Management
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lay offs typical
Relaxed work environment, own initiatives are fostered and encouraged. Somewhat hard to break in and make a mark. Lots of seniority.
Amgen is still a decent place to work. Although they're reducing their footprint, you can still learn much given the right opportunity.
Select your friends wisely. Choose the principal scientists and executive to protect your back. Be their own eyes in the departments and report every little details about your coworkers. You know they need you specially with few of them have no knowledge of science to begin with
Pros
benefits, 14 days additional vacation and gym
Cons
the whole culture of a big corporate. unstable, in two years 3000 FTEs laid off
Shrinking pains, good workforce, educated, work-life balance, troubled waters ahead. Needs a better senior management level and include workforce in architecture/working models.