Amgen
Coronavirus update

Amgen Employee Reviews for Quality Control Supervisor

Quality Control Supervisor25 reviews
United States25 reviews
Outstanding place to encourage your abilities and help patients. Great workplace culture, constant improvement and great benefits for regular employers.
Everyone is very kind and helpful. It's really special to be part of a team where the health of the patients are very important so the work we realized there must be diligent and safe.
AMGEN success depends on superior scientific innovation, integrity and continuous improvement in all aspects of our business through the application of the scientific method. We see the scientific method as a multi-step process that includes designing the right experiment, collecting and analyzing data and rational decision making. It is not subjective or emotional, but rather a logical, open and rational process. Applying the scientific method in all parts of the organization is expected and highly valued.
Great learning experience, Great place to work and become an asset due to the experience gained from the time working there. Great people to work with.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
My day start at 1:00 pm with a group meeting and after the meeting I usually started to analyze the medication batches on the UV. I usually test like 10 batches per day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No health insurance
THis is a good place to work. It's a work with multiples opportunities to development like professional. The culture is about science and technologies in biotechnology area.
I enjoyed the working experience in a very standardized and straightforward environment. Thriving as an individual it is necessary to not overlook things and at Amgen it was set up so that both time and energy could be used to perform perfectly, unlike my other job experiences.
Good company that prove that they are the best with the help and benefits that gave to us by the pass of Hurricane Maria. I would like to be part of Amgen, that they bring more opportunities to the temporary personal that work every day with great GMP and enthusiasm.
The atmosphere is mostly good, people like to work and most of the time they are a joy to work with. But at the same time there are people you just hate to work with and work for. There is a lot of special treatment and unfair work load distribution by the management. The cafeteria is great. I would definitely recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
varied lunch menus
Cons
pay is below average for what people make in the States for the same position
Amgen is a nice place to work, its just really tough not having job security under the contractor, but if I have a permanent job it would be the best, the commute is great.
The company has good benefits, but the managers need more HR courses to how work with the employees. Also, to get a job there you have to do crazy things like be a good friend of one of the manager. Its not fair the hiring process.
Pros
Poor Management culture
Cons
Good benefits
Title of this review says it all, if you are a temp working for the company just FYI you do all the work, regular FT employees (some not all of them) like to depend on the temps for everything and take it slow and chill, and sometimes like looking down at Temps if they where dirt. Area manager always disorganized.
Pros
experience
Cons
no place for professional growth, no full time positions.
Amgen was a nice company to learn up-dated technologies and it's a nice place to work but at some sites in particular. It's offers nice benefit and health insurance.
Pros
Nice technologies, nice benefits
Cons
Difficult to move on to another position, agressive culture
A typical day was: meeting for few minutes with staff, and perform task according to daily schedule. I learned biotechnology techniques. My co-workers clarified any issues and always available to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was performing duties under minimum supervision because it improves your decision making and confidence.
Great company to work for if you are a permanent staff member. Unfortunately, many departments rely heavily on hiring temp workers to save money. It seems that very few are able to secure a permanent position.
Great team of co-workers and supervisors. Have the opportunity to work in one of the most important areas in a pharmaceutical industry, Stability Sample Management and Quality Control.
The only thing that brings the rating down is the fact that Amgen Inc is down-sizing and the job security was not rated very well. I had worked for this company through Lancaster Laboratories once before and was very fortunate to be able to work there again as a full time employee. My coworkers were all top notch employees and had a great wealth of knowledge. In my time there I quickly trained in and started performing water assays and sampling, environmental monitoring, culture maintenance, scheduling, and many more incidental duties. The potential for unplanned work was the hardest part of the job. Due to challenges arising during production there were days that I would be required to work up to a 16 hour day. The people there were great and I have several friends that I keep in touch with. This experience gave me a broad knowledge of QC in pharmaceutical microbiology.
Pros
great benefits, bonuses, and pay
Cons
Long hours sometimes unplanned.
Co-workers here are great. What kills it is the poor/last minute decision making from management that requires employees to often alter their personal schedule to accommodate company needs, which leads to employees being stressed a lot of the time. Days consist of EM, Bioburden testing of water/in process samples, water sampling, process support (Fill, Harvest, Infection etc..) It has been a great learning experience as far as micro functions are concerned. I have enhanced alot of my skills and I am currently learning the ID process.
This was my first experience with a big company and it was great. The people were great the work was fun and the learning was daily. Fresh out of school, I jumped in to my daily duties. There was lots of training and I learned the basics of media prep, autoclaves, use of pH meters and balances and more. I had great management that would try to help develop my skills with my input. I enjoy being in the lab with my co-workers, working while still talking and having fun.
Pros
Experience and knowledge
Cons
Temp position
Amgen is a great place to improve your qualifications and growth as professional.
This was the first company that gave me the opportunity to work on what I really like. The knowledge that I have now in quality control I owe them. A typical work day that was work, work and more work. It was fun and rewarding to work with the team for Microbiology.