Amgen
Coronavirus update

Amgen Employee Reviews for Senior Representative

Senior Representative30 reviews
United States30 reviews
I enjoyed working with Amgen and collaborating with my team mates; made many new friends. I enjoyed working through and solving problems with my counterparts.
Amgen is a nice place to work. I work with some really talented people and learn from them everyday. We have successfully launched Repatha, a monoclonal human antibody, and are growing across the nation.
The day to day job is challenging but fulfilling. A lot is required to reach and exceed goal such as setting up and maintaining buy and bill accounts and establishing injection networks.
Pros
Flexible schedule, and free lunches. Also benefits are great
Cons
not enough injection sites.
Amgen is a decent company with HORRIBLE upper and middle management. They pay well, have great benefits and decent products. Unfortunately they care more about metrics than increasing actual sales. Lots of nepotism which leads to a lot of very poor managers which makes life difficult for those of us out here pounding the pavement. Innovative ways of selling is not encouraged and is a must in today's restrictive environment. Again.... it mostly comes back to the terrible managers that Amgen HR department defends and protects at all costs. My experience at the home office in Thousand Oaks btw was fantastic. Great training!
Leaders are a bunch of micro managers who make independent policy separate from the company. Way 2 many mgrs and regional mgrs. Hire experience Biotech reps and you don't need 1 mgr for 8 reps, thats a waste of money.
Pros
its a job
Cons
micromanagers
Dermatology representative for the New Haven CT territory, my responsibilities included the promotion of ENBREL to both the Dermatology and Rheumatology markets. Recognized for the ability to effectively communicate utilizing evidence-based medicine, develop and implement business plans, identify growth opportunities, appropriately manage territory budgets and exceed goals. Good company, great products
The health benefits and 401 k match are the golden handcuffs at Amgen but the leadership (the worst in the industry), IC payouts with the forced ranking and the work culture (toxic) are all horrible. If you come here make sure you get all the salary you can.
Pros
Health is good/401k match the best in industry
Cons
Leadership, IC payouts and Culture
the management is more concerned about hiring yes people than bringing diverse and competent perspective. racist culture. management is not capable of making prudent decisions about protecting their human capitol.
Amgen was a top notch organization. Unfortunately for me, I was a newer employee and my position was eliminated due to a reorganization. Product support and benefits were excellent. The company did provide a generous severance package and would have covered health insurance for 12 months after separation if needed.
Pros
Excellent products and culture
Cons
After taking a severance package, you are not able to reapply to the company in the future with out VP approval
I am just looking to leave Amgen of my own free will. I will neither condemn nor praise this company as a matter of principle. You are all welcome to read other reviews posted and make your own decision.
At Amgen, I was able to sharpen my sales skills and continue to grow as a professional sales representative. The company did a terrific job in helping me develop on both a personal and professional level.
Market specific products to specialty specific providers Product specific Great Leadership Culture for advancement Access to only specific small number of providers The intrinsic value i bring to providers and hence their patients
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
N/a
Amgen as well as other big Pharma companies need to acknowledge the importance and value of clinical experience in sales and marketing, not just in the field specific to HCP or Patient education.
Great products and Great people. I really enjoy my career at Amgen. I thought the training was exceptional, and left training prepared to discuss products. Benefits are best I have ever had, and most managers I have met are extremely good people.
Pros
Outstanding people
Cons
You get 3 weeks vacation plus 2 shut down weeks off. The 401K plan is nice as well. However, Amgen is no longer the small biotech company it used to be. It is HUGE PHARMA !
Pros
Good Vacation
Cons
Big Pharma, Micromanaged. frequent field rides. Metrics!
After joining Amgen, I was hopeful the environment would feel like a biotech but quickly learning it was very similar to Big Pharma. It is still a good company with great products.
This is a great company, management & vision. PTO, comp and autnomy were very good. Had to move on as the product launch was dogged with delays.
Pros
Comp, benefits
Cons
Product was slow to launch
Amgen had excellent products with a great fair company culture. I was fortunate to have a great team that worked hard to achieve and exceed our goals with our products. As a team, we worked very well together but understood that certian individuals had better relationsihips with certain physicians and was able to use this strategy to achieve our territory goals. The managenment team was great to work with and allowed use to mainly run our own business in order to meet our sale goals. The hardest part of my job was introducing a new class of medication that physicians were not used to prescribing. However, this "hardest part" of my job became the most enjoyable part as well when I was able to convience my physicians to perscribe my medications.
Pros
Achieving my goals
Cons
Job security
Good leadership throughout all channels. Clear direction regarding company goals, strategies, and expectations for all employees. Good reputation with market.
Current C Unit is more prior aut/reimbursement oriented than an actual Sales or Marketing job. I would not recc working at this companies division until they have ironed out the reimbursement issues and structure and strategy..
This is an amazing company to work for - the work/life balance is spot on, the benefits are without peer, and the products are well supported and enthusiastically received by the customers.