Amica Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great culture, Great company community
Technical/Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 22, 2019
Working for Amica was great, their are busier times of the year but overall the workflow on a typical day is very manageable. The people you work with, both colleagues and management are very nice and their to assist you. The workplace culture is excellent as well with the focus obviously on getting the job done and servicing the customers while not being overbearing or pressuring. The hardest part of the job was staying ahead of the workflow, although the individual work is not hard to complete. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with and the sense of community in the office and company.
Pros
Many opportunities for overtime and ways to earn vacation days
Cons
busy times of the year require more focus on work
Benefits
pensioner (Former Employee) –  westboroughMarch 17, 2019
great company with great benefits, an emphasis is being placed too much on numbers than quality, coworkers are great, benefits include a traditional pension unheard of these days, there is also the possibility of a traditional bonus to be paid every year if we make certain goals, the president is a caring CEO
Pros
pension
Cons
turning everything into numbers not the emphasis on qualry
Nope.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2019
Micromanagement. Micromanagement. Micromanagement. Micromanagement. Micromanagement. Micromanagement.

That is all this job is, shuffling you around like you are 5 years old. They have a problem with you taking 2 minuets to run to the bathroom. They track your every move. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a career opportunity.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement.
Don't be fooled by 37.5 work week
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 11, 2019
If you are going for a CIS position with the company you can expect to put in 50-60 hours normally, with the occasion 70-80 hour work week. Rules have tightened substantially regarding what counts as compensated time, so some weeks you will feel like you are working two jobs for one paycheck. Needless to say this is not good for the work/life balance thing. Much of the workload stems from overly ambitious project timetables, with some projects being years off schedule. This leads to a lot of finger pointing, so know how to CYA before you show up to work here. On the plus side, the food in the cafeteria is very good, so most employees don't feel the need to drive off campus for lunch.
Pros
Cafeteria, Beautiful Campus With Nice Sculptures in Quad
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Lack of Training
They have 3 or 4 cookouts per summer for employees
Sales and client services specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 6, 2019
Amica was a good place to work. Benefits not as good as they used to be. I retired due to no promotions for me and the work load was too much for one person.
Pros
Cookouts for employees all summer
Cons
Healthcare not that good anymore
Fast paced but enjoyable company
Clams Representative (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 4, 2019
Amica is a very fast paced work environment. There are many incoming and outbound calls daily. I have learned how to manage my time wisely and keep up with my workload. The management is amazing. T hardest part of the job is to find the balance with phone calls, emails, and voicemails to ensure you do not fall behind on your work. The most enjoyable part is the company as a whole. The work environment is very friendly and it is an enjoyable place to work.
No Advancement Opportunities Low pay
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 2, 2019
Preferential treatment given to long term employees. Things that the long term employees do are often overlooked and not reprimanded. There is a lot favoritism. It takes years to receive a promotion. The pay increases are terrible. You cannot be 1 minute late. The training was terrible. Some of the managers are moody and they get upset if you stay late on a call and pressure you to get off the phone. Too much work for very little pay.
Benefits
Cons
No opportunity for growth
highly recommend, competitive pay excellent benefits
National Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 19, 2019
amica not only pays you double for working voluntarily on holidays but if you do they give you an extra day of vacation for each holiday! The support of management is really great and they are a changing growing environment with option to relocate and move around to various titles upon request
Pros
excellent compensations
Cons
call center
Great fit if you like working in insurance
Bilingual Associate Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Amica is a great place to work if you are really interested in the insurance industry. A very sateady company, with an amazing work enviroment and filosophy.
Pros
Good care of their employees
Cons
Not too patient with people without a background in insurance
This job has been one of the best parts of my life.
Senior Accountant, Treasury Group (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIFebruary 6, 2019
Support, compensation, benefits, culture - all top notch. flexible work arrangements, good team chemistry, Integrity and ethics stressed, happy employees = happy customers.
Nice place to work
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson NVFebruary 4, 2019
Nice place to work if you don't have children as there's no flexibility with the schedule.
I very much enjoyed working under pressure to meet bonus requirements. I also enjoyed being able to make underwriting decisions on auto, home, boat, dwelling policies.
Pros
call center employees/co workers become like family
Cons
the schedule, must work weekends
A company with a strong Mission statement
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 29, 2019
The company is focused on expanding the individual to meet the mission statement. Working there allows you to push yourself to become stronger and more independent. Work life balance is important to the company and the culture is one focused on the employees as well as the customers.
Pros
Strong mentors
Cons
not pursuing opportunities in this field no comment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln,January 17, 2019
Not pursuing opportunities in this field at this time so I have no comment. I learned a lot about sales at this position and what types of jobs I am currently best suited for.
Supportive team
Junior Associate, Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day is 8:00am-5:00pm, very structured work flow and supportive colleagues. Dedicated to promoting from within and provides leadership training to attain growth.
Long time Employee
National Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 7, 2019
They will train you to be the best representative possible. Managers are overall very caring and helpful. The benefits are fair, but the pay is lower than industry standard and it takes a long time to get a promotion. It can be both stressful and rewarding working with customers in a call center environment. Your time on and off a phone call is constantly monitored for productivity. Expect to work swing shift and every weekend, which can be very difficult when you have kids.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No day shift available
Very conservative work environment.
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2018
High stress job with a good amount of benefits. Company provides a lot for their workers, but does not offer a suitable salary for the work that is expected. It is common to work over 50 hours per week for this job.
Great Environment
Associate Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 10, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for but it wasn't a good fit for me. The distance from my home to this location isn't ideal and as a single parent at times the schedule and time off didn't work.
Pros
Insurance starts 30 days after hired
Great place
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
This place was awesome, I didn’t get the opportunity to work there long because I didn’t pass the the text for nv to have my insurance license. I wish that I still worked there. I still brag on there insurance to this day
Pros
Paid for insurance school to get license
I loved it here
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 5, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about Amica. great company, great people. unfortunately I suffer from bipolar disorder and I had to leave to focus on my health.
Pros
good management, good pay, relaxed enviroment.
Cons
nothing
Stressful with Poor Management
Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandNovember 30, 2018
Busy like most jobs
I have learned a lot
Management is not knowledgeable and reps can do the job better
Culture is not good
Undervalued
Underpaid
Not respected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight