Amica Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great place
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
This place was awesome, I didn’t get the opportunity to work there long because I didn’t pass the the text for nv to have my insurance license. I wish that I still worked there. I still brag on there insurance to this day
Pros
Paid for insurance school to get license
I loved it here
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 5, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about Amica. great company, great people. unfortunately I suffer from bipolar disorder and I had to leave to focus on my health.
Pros
good management, good pay, relaxed enviroment.
Cons
nothing
Stressful with Poor Management
Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandNovember 30, 2018
Busy like most jobs
I have learned a lot
Management is not knowledgeable and reps can do the job better
Culture is not good
Undervalued
Underpaid
Not respected
Stressful at times, though stress is industry standard for claims handling
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  NortheastNovember 24, 2018
Big on promoting from within. Excellent benefits, pay is not comparable with industry standard though work/life balance is better than industry standard. Claims handling is inherently stressful/demanding job, company does great job with continuing education.
Pros
Benefits, work/life, Pto
Cons
pay, stressful (with any insurance company)
A dinosaur pretending to innovate
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RINovember 20, 2018
Analysis paralysis abounds. Militaristic corporate structure, rampant politics, projects lack direction and knowledgeable decision-makers. Many folks have been there for 15+ years and lack perspectives and knowledge of technology that younger staff and consultants bring to the table (and are reticent to listen to new ideas!).
Pros
Nice campus, cheap and good cafeteria, good pay rate
Cons
Contractors seldom are converted to FT, antiquated WFH and other policies
Stay far away - the check isn’t worth it.
National Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RINovember 6, 2018
To say working in their call center is awful is putting it lightly. Management has ran the department into the ground and instead of admitting that things are falling apart due to their incompetence, they instead micro manage overwhelmed employees (who are doing the job of 2-4 different people) into oblivion. Love the CEO and the people in the office, but management made that place a black hole. They hound you for coming in 2 mins late, make you make it up at the end of your shift and have the audacity to turn around to work OT to help with the call volume. They send 20+ emails a day! Your manager changes whenever the wind blows in a different direction which creates a lack of consistency. I can go on and on. Thanks to them, I sincerely hate the insurance industry and never wish to work in it again. They also lie and say there’s room for advancement when you can’t and won’t get any meaningful promotion without a degree and unwilling to relocate. They have people who have been there 15+ years training a 23 year recent college grad on how to do their job which should be handled by management. That’s how lazy they are.
Pros
Culture, benefits, pay
Cons
Work life balance, micro managing
Amica is Great, if behind the times
Associate Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 7, 2018
Amica cares a lot about it's employees, they are willing to be flexible and work with you for training. Most training is done on the job and hands-on through job shadows, etc.

The drawback is that Amica has a lot of old fashioned policies that do not keep up with the technology standard in the industry. There are a lot of unnecessary tasks that are performed day-to-day that cost efficiency and could be better delegated to specific employees or an outside source (e.g. we hand fold, stuff, and stamp letters)
productive
Supervising Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTOctober 3, 2018
I was a top producer for many years. Two times certified in integrity selling. I was very successful but did not want a management position I would have taken a salary decrease for but I needed more. This lead me to a new career path.
Nice work environment
Multiline Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2018
The company highly values work-life balance. I've received a lot of support from my local manager and direct supervisor in continuing education and career growth.
Went downhill real fast.
Account Associate Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I was hired in November of 2017 as an Account Associate Rep. Everything was fine and I felt the family vibe in the office for the first 4 to 5 months but that all changed rather quickly. The service level was around 30% which from my understanding was normal due to under staffing and mass advertising that Amica started doing without enough staff to support the inbound calls. Combined with new systems that where being implemented which where long overdue caused a perfect storm of events that lead to my departure. They wanted you to come in 2 hours early for your shift to train and then still work your whole shift for a month or two. Saturday service they increased from 2 to 4 Saturdays out the year to 8 or 10. And they still wanted you to work your 5 days and the 6th day as well. They micro managed every time you left your seat like you were a 5 year old and my direct account manager was Bi- Polar, one day she would be all smiles and want to talk to you and the next day you ask her a question and she looks at you like why are you talking to me. Amica is stuck in last century trying to catch up to all the other Insurance giants and unfortunately the front line workers are going to be breaking their back for low wages.
Pros
Benefits, pension
Cons
Typical call center and low wages, no work life balance
great work enviroment
Senior Damage Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CT 06033August 25, 2018
21 years of outstanding people!

working at Amica was the foundation for my ethics, drive and people skills

They treated staff and clients with respect
Great Starter Insurance Job
Liability/ Adjuster in Claims (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 24, 2018
This is a great company to work for, but would recommend it as a starter job in the insurance industry because they are the lowest paying company that I know if, Most paid $8-12K more a year for the same position.
What You Learned
SCS (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAJuly 19, 2018
This job really helped me with dealing with and adapting to an atmosphere with more of a high-paced job with a lot of unhappy customers that were clearly uninformed and unhappy with the decisions they made when signing up for such an important aspect in their life (i.e. insurance) or having a misunderstanding, sometimes argument, with other representatives.
Good Company with morals
Lead Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
Requires a person to be able to multitask. Gives on site training. They hire management training directly from college. These new management people are young and most have never been in a lead position. The days is busy without much down time, but they do like to make sure that everyone gets their breaks and lunch time. The company understands when a rep has to walk away from the desk to relax after a difficult phone call. Never any cold calls.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Not enough help
that was my best place to work. management was great
SQL Server BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 25, 2018
That was my best place for wok, it was very flexible and organised job . them management is very effective and progressive, all staff members was cooperative. i learned about new technologies and how to manage work in such a difficult situation.
Amica was a great place to work
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 12, 2018
Performance and customer service driven. Competitive and team orientated culture. Great place to work. Management is always there for you. I learned a lot there.
Fun place to work
Contracts Administrator/Licensing (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 12, 2018
I worked in both the Executive offices as a Licensing Specialist and in the Purchasing Department part time. I was always encouraged to learn more and given the tools to do so.
good
Mulesoft Developer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 4, 2018
An excellent work place with professional environment and congenial environment. Helps in maintain worklife balance and i strongly recommend for any.one
Don’t be fooled- you will be miserable here.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  EastMay 22, 2018
Amica tried to act like they care about their employees, and you might be convinced at first but you will soon see it’s all an act. First of all, the pay is a joke and it never really becomes “worth it”. They nitpick how you name your documents and will focus on the minutia- it’s a numbers game and you just have to play the game to make sure you’re meeting the audit metrics. Amica wants to be known for excellent customer service but they don’t want to pay for it. They do not pay a livable wage, yet they overwork their employees and seem to have no clue what they’re doing to streamline processes to allow employees to give the best service. For instance, a whole new system was rolled out that makes everything take longer, hurting productivity. They don’t seem to understand that you need to pay your employees adequately AND make it even remotely possible to meet expectations by giving employees what they need to get work done if you expect to keep giving good customer service; otherwise, you’ll get what you pay for. Amica is stuck in some kind of outdated mindset and if they don’t get it together soon, they’re going to lose a lot of customers because the ONLY thing Amica has going is its reputation for great customer service, but people don’t work for free and you don’t get gold standard effort when you’re only willing to pay pennies.
Pros
SOME nice people
Cons
Pay too low, not enough vacation time, popularly contest, untrustworthy management, outdated philosophy, pretty much everything
proper training with first time receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2018
i love the job, when i first started they properly trained me. And took they time to make sure i understood how everything went and they also work as a team.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight