Amica Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Company with morals
Lead Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
Requires a person to be able to multitask. Gives on site training. They hire management training directly from college. These new management people are young and most have never been in a lead position. The days is busy without much down time, but they do like to make sure that everyone gets their breaks and lunch time. The company understands when a rep has to walk away from the desk to relax after a difficult phone call. Never any cold calls.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Not enough help
that was my best place to work. management was great
SQL Server BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 25, 2018
That was my best place for wok, it was very flexible and organised job . them management is very effective and progressive, all staff members was cooperative. i learned about new technologies and how to manage work in such a difficult situation.
Fun place to work
Contracts Administrator/Licensing (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 12, 2018
I worked in both the Executive offices as a Licensing Specialist and in the Purchasing Department part time. I was always encouraged to learn more and given the tools to do so.
good
Mulesoft Developer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 4, 2018
An excellent work place with professional environment and congenial environment. Helps in maintain worklife balance and i strongly recommend for any.one
Don’t be fooled- you will be miserable here.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  EastMay 22, 2018
Amica tried to act like they care about their employees, and you might be convinced at first but you will soon see it’s all an act. First of all, the pay is a joke and it never really becomes “worth it”. They nitpick how you name your documents and will focus on the minutia- it’s a numbers game and you just have to play the game to make sure you’re meeting the audit metrics. Amica wants to be known for excellent customer service but they don’t want to pay for it. They do not pay a livable wage, yet they overwork their employees and seem to have no clue what they’re doing to streamline processes to allow employees to give the best service. For instance, a whole new system was rolled out that makes everything take longer, hurting productivity. They don’t seem to understand that you need to pay your employees adequately AND make it even remotely possible to meet expectations by giving employees what they need to get work done if you expect to keep giving good customer service; otherwise, you’ll get what you pay for. Amica is stuck in some kind of outdated mindset and if they don’t get it together soon, they’re going to lose a lot of customers because the ONLY thing Amica has going is its reputation for great customer service, but people don’t work for free and you don’t get gold standard effort when you’re only willing to pay pennies.
Pros
SOME nice people
Cons
Pay too low, not enough vacation time, popularly contest, untrustworthy management, outdated philosophy, pretty much everything
proper training with first time receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2018
i love the job, when i first started they properly trained me. And took they time to make sure i understood how everything went and they also work as a team.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great Experience
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 17, 2018
This was a good firm with a great staff. Nice workplace that, although busy at times, was an enjoyable experience. Although, for the most part, I have always worked for mainly plaintiff's attorneys, defense counsel was also busy and interesting.
Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 9, 2018
As a senior graphic designer I worked very closely with writers, project managers, photographers , proofreaders and others to collaborate on high-profile print and online material.

I was responsible for providing creative solutions that met the needs of clients. Worked with the Creative Director to develop and maintain corporate brand guidelines.

Proficient in Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Proficient in Powerpoint template design and projects

This was a fast-paced daily environment.
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2018
Great work/life balance, salary needs improvement, conservative work culture, great benefits. High claims volume results to heavy workload. Must be willing to relocate to advance.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
pay
Busy but satisfying job
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2018
Reviewing medical and property claims, making payments where appropriate in a timely manner. Heavy workload with emphasis on closing cases as quickly as possible. Continuing education was available.
Pros
great pay and benefits, continuing education made easily available for advancement.
Productive and fun place to work
Rater (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 22, 2018
Best place i have to works, friendly peoples, very busy, learned a lots of different jobs, great benefits. Works around your schedule if needs some time off.
Pros
Great bonus
Fast-paced, time sensitive work
Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 20, 2018
I work in a fast-paced national call center environment, handling inbound and outbound inquiries. I am responsible for maintaining state licenses to sell and service Property and Casualty insurance in 49 states.
I learned how to cope with diverse personalities. I learned the ability to sell and service insurance policies ranging from Auto, Home, Umbrella, and Ocean Marine.
I work with great managers, they are all hard working and dedicated to their craft.
I have developed a good rapport with my co-workers and it makes for an enjoyable experience.
The hardest part of the job is the fast pace, and the constant pressure to sell and service as many clients as possible despite the large volume of calls that are coming into the call center.
I enjoy helping others and finding solutions to their problems.
Pros
Three weeks of vacation
Cons
Short breaks
very good place to work
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2018
I started Amica with no knowledge of insurance sales. They had a paid training which lasted about 2 months before you were on the phone. The management team are really great and helpful. The systems they use are very old and hard to navigate and learn. The hardest part of the job is meeting all the guidelines of Amica. Very strict underwriting on all lines and the systems are old so they crash allot which makes it hard to sell. I enjoy my co-workers and the office I work in. The management team are easy to talk to and very friendly.
Pros
good pay, they train, spacias work areas
Cons
very strict underwriting, old systems, too many metric guidelines to meet
Great company
Computer Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMarch 11, 2018
Amica is a great company to work for. I worked there for 38 years.
They have excellent benefits, training etc. I would recommend Amica as a great place to work
Very competitive and stressful
PROPERTY & CASUALTY INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 9, 2018
This is a great company overall. But when you are in the Call Center, you are treated completely different then other employees at other buildings on campus. I would not recommend this place to a friend if they were interested in working there.
AMICA was like working with family
Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 3, 2018
AMICA was like working with family. I loved my job and appreciate the experience in working with attorneys, providers, and most of all my co-workers. I gained a wealth of knowledge in the 15 years in working with AMICA. The benefits are competitive and hard to beat. My position was stressful yet satisfying in the same. I loved the challenge. I received guidance and support from my superiors throughout the years. AMICA is a company you'd definitely want to be apart of.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, family environment, continued education
Cons
Lack of advancement within the branch, salary increase
Review Summary
Associate Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 23, 2018
Amica is an excellent company to work for, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The necessary tools needed to complete my job were provided to me as well.
Good Place to Work
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2018
The representative position here is a good one for someone that needs something stable and is fine with customer support. The benefits are great and the company really shows care for its people in every way except competitive pay. The company culture is positive and dedicated to employee health and happiness. Sadly, that does not change the fundamental fact that the position is a glorified call center representative.
Great company to work for
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 14, 2018
I loved the culture, and i loved my colleagues. my work/life balance wasnt where i needed it to be with growing kids and having to work EVERY SATURDAY
Great first job wth opportunites to advance
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJanuary 27, 2018
As an adjuster, I deal with many disgruntled claimants and attorneys. I like that I am able to help people in my job and make them whole, but you get yelled at quite a bit. You need a tough shell and cannot take anything personally. The management is fantastic, especially in the Hartford branch. Everyone is always willing to help you and want you to succeed. This job is not for everyone, but if you stick around, you will get recognized and advance.
benefits
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight