Amica Insurance Company Employee Reviews

productive
Supervising Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTOctober 3, 2018
I was a top producer for many years. Two times certified in integrity selling. I was very successful but did not want a management position I would have taken a salary decrease for but I needed more. This lead me to a new career path.
Nice work environment
Multiline Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2018
The company highly values work-life balance. I've received a lot of support from my local manager and direct supervisor in continuing education and career growth.
Went downhill real fast.
Account Associate Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I was hired in November of 2017 as an Account Associate Rep. Everything was fine and I felt the family vibe in the office for the first 4 to 5 months but that all changed rather quickly. The service level was around 30% which from my understanding was normal due to under staffing and mass advertising that Amica started doing without enough staff to support the inbound calls. Combined with new systems that where being implemented which where long overdue caused a perfect storm of events that lead to my departure. They wanted you to come in 2 hours early for your shift to train and then still work your whole shift for a month or two. Saturday service they increased from 2 to 4 Saturdays out the year to 8 or 10. And they still wanted you to work your 5 days and the 6th day as well. They micro managed every time you left your seat like you were a 5 year old and my direct account manager was Bi- Polar, one day she would be all smiles and want to talk to you and the next day you ask her a question and she looks at you like why are you talking to me. Amica is stuck in last century trying to catch up to all the other Insurance giants and unfortunately the front line workers are going to be breaking their back for low wages.
Pros
Benefits, pension
Cons
Typical call center and low wages, no work life balance
great work enviroment
Senior Damage Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CT 06033August 25, 2018
21 years of outstanding people!

working at Amica was the foundation for my ethics, drive and people skills

They treated staff and clients with respect
Great Starter Insurance Job
Liability/ Adjuster in Claims (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 24, 2018
This is a great company to work for, but would recommend it as a starter job in the insurance industry because they are the lowest paying company that I know if, Most paid $8-12K more a year for the same position.
What You Learned
SCS (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAJuly 19, 2018
This job really helped me with dealing with and adapting to an atmosphere with more of a high-paced job with a lot of unhappy customers that were clearly uninformed and unhappy with the decisions they made when signing up for such an important aspect in their life (i.e. insurance) or having a misunderstanding, sometimes argument, with other representatives.
Good Company with morals
Lead Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
Requires a person to be able to multitask. Gives on site training. They hire management training directly from college. These new management people are young and most have never been in a lead position. The days is busy without much down time, but they do like to make sure that everyone gets their breaks and lunch time. The company understands when a rep has to walk away from the desk to relax after a difficult phone call. Never any cold calls.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Not enough help
that was my best place to work. management was great
SQL Server BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 25, 2018
That was my best place for wok, it was very flexible and organised job . them management is very effective and progressive, all staff members was cooperative. i learned about new technologies and how to manage work in such a difficult situation.
Amica was a great place to work
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 12, 2018
Performance and customer service driven. Competitive and team orientated culture. Great place to work. Management is always there for you. I learned a lot there.
Fun place to work
Contracts Administrator/Licensing (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 12, 2018
I worked in both the Executive offices as a Licensing Specialist and in the Purchasing Department part time. I was always encouraged to learn more and given the tools to do so.
good
Mulesoft Developer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 4, 2018
An excellent work place with professional environment and congenial environment. Helps in maintain worklife balance and i strongly recommend for any.one
Don’t be fooled- you will be miserable here.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  EastMay 22, 2018
Amica tried to act like they care about their employees, and you might be convinced at first but you will soon see it’s all an act. First of all, the pay is a joke and it never really becomes “worth it”. They nitpick how you name your documents and will focus on the minutia- it’s a numbers game and you just have to play the game to make sure you’re meeting the audit metrics. Amica wants to be known for excellent customer service but they don’t want to pay for it. They do not pay a livable wage, yet they overwork their employees and seem to have no clue what they’re doing to streamline processes to allow employees to give the best service. For instance, a whole new system was rolled out that makes everything take longer, hurting productivity. They don’t seem to understand that you need to pay your employees adequately AND make it even remotely possible to meet expectations by giving employees what they need to get work done if you expect to keep giving good customer service; otherwise, you’ll get what you pay for. Amica is stuck in some kind of outdated mindset and if they don’t get it together soon, they’re going to lose a lot of customers because the ONLY thing Amica has going is its reputation for great customer service, but people don’t work for free and you don’t get gold standard effort when you’re only willing to pay pennies.
Pros
SOME nice people
Cons
Pay too low, not enough vacation time, popularly contest, untrustworthy management, outdated philosophy, pretty much everything
proper training with first time receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2018
i love the job, when i first started they properly trained me. And took they time to make sure i understood how everything went and they also work as a team.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great Experience
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 17, 2018
This was a good firm with a great staff. Nice workplace that, although busy at times, was an enjoyable experience. Although, for the most part, I have always worked for mainly plaintiff's attorneys, defense counsel was also busy and interesting.
Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 9, 2018
As a senior graphic designer I worked very closely with writers, project managers, photographers , proofreaders and others to collaborate on high-profile print and online material.

I was responsible for providing creative solutions that met the needs of clients. Worked with the Creative Director to develop and maintain corporate brand guidelines.

Proficient in Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Proficient in Powerpoint template design and projects

This was a fast-paced daily environment.
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2018
Great work/life balance, salary needs improvement, conservative work culture, great benefits. High claims volume results to heavy workload. Must be willing to relocate to advance.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
pay
Busy but satisfying job
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2018
Reviewing medical and property claims, making payments where appropriate in a timely manner. Heavy workload with emphasis on closing cases as quickly as possible. Continuing education was available.
Pros
great pay and benefits, continuing education made easily available for advancement.
Productive and fun place to work
Rater (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 22, 2018
Best place i have to works, friendly peoples, very busy, learned a lots of different jobs, great benefits. Works around your schedule if needs some time off.
Pros
Great bonus
Fast-paced, time sensitive work
Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 20, 2018
I work in a fast-paced national call center environment, handling inbound and outbound inquiries. I am responsible for maintaining state licenses to sell and service Property and Casualty insurance in 49 states.
I learned how to cope with diverse personalities. I learned the ability to sell and service insurance policies ranging from Auto, Home, Umbrella, and Ocean Marine.
I work with great managers, they are all hard working and dedicated to their craft.
I have developed a good rapport with my co-workers and it makes for an enjoyable experience.
The hardest part of the job is the fast pace, and the constant pressure to sell and service as many clients as possible despite the large volume of calls that are coming into the call center.
I enjoy helping others and finding solutions to their problems.
Pros
Three weeks of vacation
Cons
Short breaks
very good place to work
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2018
I started Amica with no knowledge of insurance sales. They had a paid training which lasted about 2 months before you were on the phone. The management team are really great and helpful. The systems they use are very old and hard to navigate and learn. The hardest part of the job is meeting all the guidelines of Amica. Very strict underwriting on all lines and the systems are old so they crash allot which makes it hard to sell. I enjoy my co-workers and the office I work in. The management team are easy to talk to and very friendly.
Pros
good pay, they train, spacias work areas
Cons
very strict underwriting, old systems, too many metric guidelines to meet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight