AMITA Health Medical Group Employee Reviews

Productive place to work with many learning opportunities
Compliance & Privacy Analyst / Policy Admin (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 17, 2019
I was able to take initiative, be proactive, and assemble to tools needed for my team and i to complete tasks. My team worked effectively with each other given our combined skills and experience.

The staff was always respectful of colleagues and willing to go the extra mile for each other. The team i worked for regularly contributed ideas and insights

Working in Compliance our goals were to keep the physicians, doctors, and employees updated on new policies, laws, and privacy. Corporate set financial goals to increase shareholder interests. This was not part of my departments' goals.
Pros
Productive place to work with many learning opportunities
Cons
Not all goals were measurable that were given by corporate.
Very Productive and friendly warm staff
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 13, 2018
There is a lot to learn and need to pay attention to detail as you are dealing with patient's lives. Receiving 100+ calls per day and scheduling appointments for our primary care physicians.
Working at AMITA health hospital
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 7, 2018
As a patient transporter you spend a lot of time on your feet and do not get much down time. The human resource dept. tends to overschedule people but the management are nice and understanding. Not all of the staff care about the company as much as others, but there are some that put their full effort forth every day they come in to work. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is having a good interaction with a patient and making their day a little better.
Pros
Good hours, make more on weekends
Cons
On feet majority of the time, long hours
Great Place to Work!
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2018
Its a very competitive employment opportunity that awaits you. with Amita health care you can be assured that you will be a valued member of the team.
Pros
great pay great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Competitive and collaborative environment.
Administrative Assistant, Risk (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 29, 2018
Great people to work with. Leadership was transparent with budget and business development goals. Christian beliefs and wellness were also a large part of the culture.
Benefits
Cons
Holidays and sick time was included in your time off.
Poor management
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Elk GroveNovember 14, 2018
For the department of Cardiovascular Associates the office is very divided. Some of the Policies are brought up and mandated without proper knowledge or proof of documentation most of the time. No room for growth or proper raises. Clinical manager not approachable, no major concerns can be addressed because they are either brushed off or ignored. No celebrations are allowed of any form and all emails are filtered through management before sent out. Physician wise great doctors to work for and you learn a lot but unfortunately management plays a big role on the problems surrounded.
Pros
Clean, great physicians
A Sinking Ship
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 12, 2018
Not the same place it used to be. Too many layers of management. Very few opportunities to advance. Company started to hire from the outside. Headed in the wrong direction.
Excellent work environment
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 9, 2018
I once left this organization and when I came back I realized what I had been missing out on. A friendly, nurturing environment that takes care of their employees. I cannot advocate enough for this organization.
Great experience and you get to volunteer with other fun
Volunteer Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lagrange Hlds, ILNovember 9, 2018
At Amita I learned to gain good costumer service, interact with others, have responsibility, meet great people, and get service hours for college. On a typical day you would give passes to visitors to visit their family members, transport patients from hospital enterance to patient check-in and from the out-patient center to the hospital enterance to get picked up, take wheel chairs up to out-patient center, and help registration with anything they need.
Pros
Discounts at the gift shop
Cons
Not enough hours
Working here makes you feel like your part of a family.
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILNovember 1, 2018
The environment is collaborative where you work as team which makes for a positive atmosphere. You develop relationships which also helps build good work morale.
A great place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 31, 2018
My coworkers, supervisor and team leads were the best! I really enjoyed working for Amita Health. It was challenging and hard work but very rewarding. The people I worked with made it all worth while. I miss their smiling faces and laughter.
controlled enviorment
Physician (Current Employee) –  starting own practiceOctober 30, 2018
it is corporate way of practice where you dont feel relax and think that pt care can get compromise. the rules are like any corporate office where pt do not come first . for those who want little more careful medicine practice may want to have indipendent practice. staff is all stressed out at work even though all of them wants to enjoy and keep enviorment pleasent..
Pros
enjoy your patient care not worried about management and overhead
Cons
freedam
Relaxed and laid back
Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 29, 2018
Learned Cerna right away and in two days after being taught was given a work list to work on, Managers and supervisors on the floor to help with all your questions and help to figure out any issues to complete your work.
Pros
Very quiet, laid back
Cons
walk very far to get to places there
Fast pacing job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2018
A typical day in ICU starts with getting report from the night nurse, gathering morning labs results, doing an assessment of my patients and participating in ICU team rounds.
Great place
Mrg-Practice 1-AHMG (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 26, 2018
Amita has a mission and vision value which is fantast, and all a round management that cares. salary should be competitive with other hospitals. They do offer special events for their employees
Pros
great Place
Nice place
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Nice place to work. No stress at all coworkers are very helpful. Four 10 hours days gives enoug time to spend with family and friends. Good place to grow professionally if one is serious.
Pretty good company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 19, 2018
Overall, a pretty good company. AMITA is still fairly new and growing, so there's a few issues that still need to be worked out. I would recommend AMITA as a good place of employment.
Pros
Loved my location
Cons
Bad management
Above average work that can help you with furthering your career
Social Worker Inpatient Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILSeptember 9, 2018
I've been here over 6 years and I enjoy what i do now. As a counselor there, it was fairly easy and basic, but still stressful given the clientele and workload. This hospital, for all its faults, is still better than others I've worked at. I've been told compensation here is better than others as well. Management at times has trouble doing what competent managers should do (disciplining, write ups, scheduling/proper staffing, etc) but still, not a horrible job. I enjoy what I do, but compensation to me is still subpar given the dangers and workload. I am in case management and the workload is high compensation low, but still, not the worst.
My company has moved to a park like setting with a baseball court.
RN Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILSeptember 5, 2018
A Nurse Case Manger with a valid State RN License. Solid clinical, Utilization review and case management experience within a inpatient hospital and LTACH setting. Exiperience user of Interqual criteria, Meditach system,electronic medical system. Knowledge of the CMS quidelines. Experience working with commercial pay or sources. Thrives on challenging tasks and communicating with others. Excellent problem solving skills and always looking for new opportunities for intellectual and personal growth.
poor management/director
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Management is very corporate focused, to the detriment of patient care and outcomes.
focus is entirely on keeping patients in system, despite being against their goals of care. example: hospice is unable to admit patients on weekends, but I regularly got scolded for referring to another hospice that could admit any day, any time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMITA Health Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight