AMITA Health Medical Group Employee Reviews

Great experience and you get to volunteer with other fun
Volunteer Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lagrange Hlds, ILNovember 9, 2018
At Amita I learned to gain good costumer service, interact with others, have responsibility, meet great people, and get service hours for college. On a typical day you would give passes to visitors to visit their family members, transport patients from hospital enterance to patient check-in and from the out-patient center to the hospital enterance to get picked up, take wheel chairs up to out-patient center, and help registration with anything they need.
Pros
Discounts at the gift shop
Cons
Not enough hours
Working here makes you feel like your part of a family.
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILNovember 1, 2018
The environment is collaborative where you work as team which makes for a positive atmosphere. You develop relationships which also helps build good work morale.
A great place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 31, 2018
My coworkers, supervisor and team leads were the best! I really enjoyed working for Amita Health. It was challenging and hard work but very rewarding. The people I worked with made it all worth while. I miss their smiling faces and laughter.
Relaxed and laid back
Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 29, 2018
Learned Cerna right away and in two days after being taught was given a work list to work on, Managers and supervisors on the floor to help with all your questions and help to figure out any issues to complete your work.
Pros
Very quiet, laid back
Cons
walk very far to get to places there
Fast pacing job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2018
A typical day in ICU starts with getting report from the night nurse, gathering morning labs results, doing an assessment of my patients and participating in ICU team rounds.
Great place
Mrg-Practice 1-AHMG (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 26, 2018
Amita has a mission and vision value which is fantast, and all a round management that cares. salary should be competitive with other hospitals. They do offer special events for their employees
Pros
great Place
Nice place
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Nice place to work. No stress at all coworkers are very helpful. Four 10 hours days gives enoug time to spend with family and friends. Good place to grow professionally if one is serious.
Pretty good company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 19, 2018
Overall, a pretty good company. AMITA is still fairly new and growing, so there's a few issues that still need to be worked out. I would recommend AMITA as a good place of employment.
Pros
Loved my location
Cons
Bad management
Above average work that can help you with furthering your career
Social Worker Inpatient Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILSeptember 9, 2018
I've been here over 6 years and I enjoy what i do now. As a counselor there, it was fairly easy and basic, but still stressful given the clientele and workload. This hospital, for all its faults, is still better than others I've worked at. I've been told compensation here is better than others as well. Management at times has trouble doing what competent managers should do (disciplining, write ups, scheduling/proper staffing, etc) but still, not a horrible job. I enjoy what I do, but compensation to me is still subpar given the dangers and workload. I am in case management and the workload is high compensation low, but still, not the worst.
My company has moved to a park like setting with a baseball court.
RN Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILSeptember 5, 2018
A Nurse Case Manger with a valid State RN License. Solid clinical, Utilization review and case management experience within a inpatient hospital and LTACH setting. Exiperience user of Interqual criteria, Meditach system,electronic medical system. Knowledge of the CMS quidelines. Experience working with commercial pay or sources. Thrives on challenging tasks and communicating with others. Excellent problem solving skills and always looking for new opportunities for intellectual and personal growth.
poor management/director
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Management is very corporate focused, to the detriment of patient care and outcomes.
focus is entirely on keeping patients in system, despite being against their goals of care. example: hospice is unable to admit patients on weekends, but I regularly got scolded for referring to another hospice that could admit any day, any time.
I like everyone I work with
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 11, 2018
When I first started at Amita I loved what I did and everyone I worked with. Now my work schedule completely changed with out notice. No one told me, asked me, mentioned a thing. Breaks are extremely short. I was lucky to get one 30 break. Pay is very low and extremely short staffed. I don’t have a personal life b/c I’m always working odd hours and don’t get to see my family. I get one day off a week. The benefits are good though!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Pay and Short lunch breaks and management
Most Enjoyable Part of Job
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 2, 2018
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
You work with individuals in turning points in their lives and it's very rewarding to guide them in this process.
Pros
Great Values and Treatment for Patients
Cons
Not alot of room for advancement
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL 60440July 23, 2018
Work life present many challenges daily. Very supportive management. Manny Report and quality matrix to meet. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction.
Pros
Very fast paced
Cons
Not enough staff
stability
CMA (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 20, 2018
great job enjoy it have been here for 7 years enjoy the company the work and the people very team based and manager is awesome and fair and always willing to help
Opportunity
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 18, 2018
I have spent the last 25 years working for AMITA Health Medical Group (formerly Bonaventure Medical Group, Alexian Brothers Medical Group) in various capacities. They provide health benefits, 401K plans, PTO etc. I have always enjoyed working for this health system because of the mission and values that they stand by and the opportunities and resources that they provide.
Pros
Work environment, benefits, culture
Positive experience
Recruiting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
This company believes in what they do. They take care of their employees. Expectations are clearly communicated. Training and coaching are provided by all in leadership positions
crazy workplace, with many things going on
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJuly 5, 2018
typically in a normal day your running around being pulled from a million different directions by either physicians or other nurses. There is not much direction and things are typically hectic.
Pros
flexible scheduling, overtime
Cons
pay
Good experience to be gained, doing work that is worthwhile.
Patient Registrar II, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed my job for Amita, I did gain great experience while working for this company, though we went through many changes during my employment. More concise communication between management and staff would be helpful.
Fast pace work environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 18, 2018
Very fast pace work place, with room for growth and development. Very productive work schedules. Love the scenery at work very peaceful and relaxing, work atmosphere is very pleasant.
Pros
Scenery at work is very nice and peaceful
Cons
Lunch break is too short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMITA Health Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight