AMITA Health Employee Reviews

My company has moved to a park like setting with a baseball court.
RN Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILSeptember 5, 2018
A Nurse Case Manger with a valid State RN License. Solid clinical, Utilization review and case management experience within a inpatient hospital and LTACH setting. Exiperience user of Interqual criteria, Meditach system,electronic medical system. Knowledge of the CMS quidelines. Experience working with commercial pay or sources. Thrives on challenging tasks and communicating with others. Excellent problem solving skills and always looking for new opportunities for intellectual and personal growth.
I like everyone I work with
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 11, 2018
When I first started at Amita I loved what I did and everyone I worked with. Now my work schedule completely changed with out notice. No one told me, asked me, mentioned a thing. Breaks are extremely short. I was lucky to get one 30 break. Pay is very low and extremely short staffed. I don’t have a personal life b/c I’m always working odd hours and don’t get to see my family. I get one day off a week. The benefits are good though!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Pay and Short lunch breaks and management
Positive experience
Recruiting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
This company believes in what they do. They take care of their employees. Expectations are clearly communicated. Training and coaching are provided by all in leadership positions
crazy workplace, with many things going on
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJuly 5, 2018
typically in a normal day your running around being pulled from a million different directions by either physicians or other nurses. There is not much direction and things are typically hectic.
Pros
flexible scheduling, overtime
Cons
pay
Learned to comfort people and to have them feel accepted
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 1, 2018
I had learned a lot while I volunteered here at the hospital. I learned to comfort people when they needed and to have people feel accepted. The people who work there at the hospital are really nice and caring.
As a physician, I felt like I had no say in the way work was scheduled. Culture of non-medical managers had more input.
Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILMay 23, 2018
Very engaging on hire but disengaged the longer employed. Patient care seems less important than work life balance. Decisions made from above without physician input.
Pros
Electronic Health Records
Cons
Little physician collegiality
Hopefully Improving
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 23, 2018
Executive leadership turns a blind eye to workplace harassment, tolerating senior leaders who create a hostile, chaotic, and unsupportive work environment as long as they please executive leadership. Ends justify the means culture.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 7, 2018
They have amazing management! I love being part of this team. Everyone here is so welcoming and genuinely care about others. I really enjoy our monthly meeting were we get to recognize our c-workers for a job well done!
Fast and busy clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 30, 2018
In the cardiology department work wise doctors and some NP's are great and so are the patients. When it comes to the staff there are way to many clicks and issues between staff members that make the job difficult. The new management state that they care but do nothing regarding real concerns. It goes as far as they don't even acknowledge your existence. The policies for AMITA are ridiculous at times lets say call ins, its up to management discretion most of the time which you would think if you're really sick they would let it pass but no they count any little error as an occurrence and find any way to write you up. It doesn't matter if you get in a car accident or bring a doctors note in they still count it against you. It is to the point where you feel that you can get fired at any time for something.
Pros
good doctors and patients
Cons
management
Nice people to work with and a nice mix of people from all over the area
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 28, 2018
This is a great place to work! The staff is friendly. The facility is very nice, there are many windows letting in the natural light. The leaders are always doing something to let you know they care.
Pros
slow sometimes and you don't work full shifts
Cons
busy sometimes and it gets tight with staffing
Not the best experience
RCP (Former Employee) –  Lagrange Hlds, ILApril 26, 2018
A nice break from modern medicine. It was educational. Thanks to this facility I know to never ever go here as a patient or to send family and friends.
Pros
Good hours and pay is ok
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyable place to work
Contractor, Systems Admin, Server Remediation Team (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 20, 2018
AMITA is a fast-paced, collaborative workplace supporting their many hospitals and clinics. Each day there are new challenges that make working there engaging.
Pros
Great staff, varied work and new learning opportunities.
Best to avoid this employer
Sr End User Computing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 19, 2018
As a former Adventist employee I would say that the new management of AMITA, all former employees of Alexian Brothers, have all but destroyed everything Adventist was trying to accomplish in the healthcare industry. AMITA is very 19th century and very behind the times. They are unwilling to make smart decisions an the cost is being paid for by the employees and worst of all the patients.

Teams do not work together. Management is out of touch with thier staff. Communication is at an all time low. Don't just take my word on it. Check out the Gallup Poll Results.
Pros
A job here may beat unemployment, well... I guess that is debatible too
Cons
Management, abandonment, teams are in silos and do not assist each other nor share knowledge with each other, not able to address concerns of the clients in even a reasonably timely manner
needs improvement
RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 6, 2018
The Respiratory department strives to provide quality patient care and gives time to achieve that. If you have religious belief system, it is acceptable to pray with your patients. The hospital as a whole is working at lowering mistakes through risk masters and does not follow through for the most part. They encourage education, but lack growth oppuntities. The most enjoyable part of the job is my team, we're like a family. Sharing in each other's joy and pain.
Pros
Cafeteria discount, free employee parking, friendly CEO, town hall meetings, $10 birthday voucher, employee pharmacy discount. Working with skeleton crew
Cons
No opportunity for growth. Poor communication between teams and intra-departmental, many unethical violations, many HIPAA violations, unsafe work environment, top heavy, lots of inappropriate converstion by physician about staff, and patients, uneducated supervisors and managers. Poor employee training. Worst salary in Chicagoland.
Very nice place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILApril 5, 2018
This is a very nice place to work but a lot of their polices aren’t realistic! They show a lot of favoritism! Management could care less about you! The older workers are put on a pedestal. Patient load is unfair at times. The doctors treat you terrible as well....
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Management is horrible...don't let the reviews fool you!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 4, 2018
I worked for Amita for over four years. Management will over work, under pay and not appreciate you. I would never recommend working there to anyone unless they were desperate.
Pros
Hopefully you enjoy your co-workers
Cons
Management, over-worked
High stress environment
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMarch 19, 2018
Most of the days involved balancing work, fun, and putting patients first. That would be enough to make AMITA a good place to work except one constantly has to battle middle management to get things done. The work and the people are cohesive for a good working day. Short-staffing became a regularity because of inefficiencies in procedures enacted on the departments. Knowledge of what the day-to-day operation would have seen those stressful ventures reimagined into useful measures.
Pros
The people care about each other
Cons
Under staffing
Relax atmosphere
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL 60440March 14, 2018
Very nice company to work for I like the managers and peers. Everyone works well and respects one another. Good benefit but pay could be better. Hours can be flexible.
Pros
Nice company to work for.
Cons
Low pay and work with slackers
New exciting events daily
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 12, 2018
In my position I experience different events daily, not one day is the same as the other. The only consistent part of the job is that my co-workers are always helpful and fun.
Amita Healthcare - Great Environment
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 6, 2018
I learned a lot of new skills and developments here, the atmosphere was wonderful and everyone was kind and friendly. Whenever I needed assistance on something, no one hesitated.
Pros
Beautifu amenities such as a basketball court, and cafeteria
Cons
Long hallways, easy to get lost

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMITA Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight