AMITA Health

AMITA Health Employee Reviews

United States1,443 reviews
Found 1,443 reviews matching the search
Featured review
AMITA Health selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work. Friendly environment and great staff. Enjoy coming to work and providing excellent care for our patients and the community we serve.
pretty good. enjoyed co-workers and lots of flexibility with schedule. Variety of jobs available as well. my favorite part was meeting new people and feeling accomplished.
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
Not stable. No room for advancement. No money for training. If you are challenged, you don't get paid for it. Position boring along with travel from facility to facility.
I began working as a part-time RN one of the Adult Psychiatric Units when the company was Presence. My experience with Presence Health was very positive; o left shortly after the merge with Amita due to a relocation to another state.
Pros
Strong employee/company morale
Cons
Lack of full-time positions; health benefits were satisfactory at best.
I love working with this company. The hospital is very safe. The hospital put God first. They care about people and give treatment to people who are in need and don't even have money to pay for the services.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Very professional staff.. helpful coworkers. Friendly environment., fair management . Took care.. would love to work
There again . My supervisors were helpfull and knowledgeable
Lack of job security.
The tone of management is do what we ask of you, without debate. No consideration of work life balance, even after complete loyalty to practice for over 3 years.

No recognition from manager for going above and beyond.

Witnessing 3 employees be let go or transferred, as they need.

Very unsettling work environment, knowing you are only as good as your last performance.
Pros
Cons
Lack of gratitude for giving 100%
I enjoy what I do. Management is not always around and responsive to needs in my role. Depending on shift, interaction with clinical staff is not always pleasant
MA are great. A lot to learn but poor compensation. Always something new to do. Manager is fantastic very caring and flexible. Providers are amazing and love teaching
Pros
Great coworker and amazing atmosphere, benefits are good could be better
Cons
Poor pay, insecurity at time for job
Overall, great company to work for. Good work life balance, fast paced, can be very stressful at times, management can be difficult to work with. Good benefits.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Accomplishing and satisfying work environment, management is good and supportive, learned a lot, enjoyed working with colleague and manager. would love to work for Amita.
Depends on the patients most are very friendly although you do get the occasional rude ones. That's basically anywhere you work. Work can become busy.
Well Run hospital and clinic. Staff was awesome to work with. Great team work. Good communication amongst staff. Did not care for Danville itself. I prefer a larger city.
I love to volunteer there and serve my community. Everyone is really friendly and eager to help. They are all so cooperative and you will never feel alone or outcasted.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
A lot of walking
I don’t think amita has had a chance to look at the job and who has them at the high level at amita Auoura the people act like they don’t like there job and they act like the color black is a plague ! I am from the south but we got alone better there .people hardly speak. I have had racial things thrown out at me . And the head of public relations asked me did I think the man was playing . I told him put his self in my shoes !!
Frontline staff and physicians were excellent. Management was too worried about putting patients in beds and not the well being of staff or other patients
I have had a positive experience with Amita, from my internship to being hired. There is not much I would change. I would like to have been hired fulltime, but I will take what I can get with being registry.
Learned new cleaning skills. Company has a very good Managment. Very understand and alot of flaxability with work schedule. Good benefita for full time employees.
I worked as a transporter at St. Joesph in Joliet, the managers come off as honest respectable people. Months in I realized they weren’t, they have a complete disregard for their employees. Lots of HIPPA involved and shorted almost every one of our paychecks. Claims they were over budgeted for transport department but yet we were still understaffed, the hospital technicians and nurses appreciated and respected us more than our managers did.
Management treats employees as disposable. Complete lack of accommodation. No breaks. No room for advancement. Poor training. Discriminatory comments made by management on the regular.
A typical day at work is picking up a patient from their room and taking them to get a X-ray. Work place culture being polite and courteous to all. the hardest part of the is when I have to go to ER to pick up a patient and they are in so much pain.
Pros
Greeting patients
Cons
Seeing people in pain
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMITA Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight