AMITA Health Employee Reviews

Poor management just overall unhappy
Contact center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 16, 2019
Management is poor in the contact center. No pay raises and no PTO or sick days! Management says and do what they want. No one listens to the employees at all. Just overall a horrible company to work for
Great growing team!!
SCHEDULING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 7, 2019
I have been here just about 4 years.
I love working with our patients!!!
Yes we are going through growing pains in the contact center, however the starting pay for new hires is great, with full l benefits and 401k options, short/long term disability with life insurance benefits!!!
You are going to get what you put in your position, if you come with a negative I know it all attitude, well then you won't succeed here. We are a team and consistently learning new things everyday.
If you are willing to learn and are coachable, you will be successful!!!
Paid time off is just that, and requires approval, there are blackout dates, but workable!!!
Pros
Pay, benefits, great team
Cons
Blackout dates
great Manager and coworkers
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2019
Manager is stuck with VP holding raises. Work from home was eliminated. Manager very supportive, and great team workers. Good knowledge share was encouraged and supported.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work from home
Don't care about their workers and cheap
Xray technologist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 29, 2019
Management was really nice. A lot of the older co workers will mistreat you. A lot of drama. Equipment is old, basic, and terrible to work with. Equipment doesn't have proper comfortable mattress pad for patients to lay on. Pay was decent.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Only get 30 min break, last minute schedule, co workers, always busy, old equipment
Great place, friendly employees
Clinical Informatics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 24, 2019
Great workplace culture. Learned a lot and was able to move up in the workplace quickly. Always friendly employees willing to help. Enjoyed working there.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 23, 2019
Life balance, busy time goes by really fast. Great starting time and leaving time on 40 hours per week unless there is inventory to count. Non stressful.
Overall review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 13, 2019
AMITA May have a great mission statement, but the “suits” that run the company seem to have no clue what the effect of the decisions they make have on direct patient care. They seem to be more interested in having staff check off boxes so they can run their reports, instead of giving the patients sitting in front of us eye contact so that we can address their current concerns and needs.
Not sure how asking how often they go to the dentist helps improve their sore throat.
Pros
The compassionate staff
fun to work here
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 10, 2019
Good place to work, co-workers are laid back and understanding. they know ow to have fun and get the work done. watch the hours you apply for could be shorter then 40 per week depending on what your job title is.
Pros
easy money
Cons
no paid lunches
Ultrasound Dept.
RDMS, RVT (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 1, 2019
In general the people who work at St. Alexius are very friendly and hardworking. I had a great manager and enjoyed my work environment.. Benefits and vacation were very good and the cafeteria was nice. Upper management was not that in touch with the staff and sometimes could make people feel as if their opinion did not count. Also the environment overall was much less stressful before Amita took over.
Ok work place if in between jobs.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 25, 2019
Team leads are catty and will divulge employee information. Management is inconsistent with what they say/do, sneaky, and on power trips. If you like to be micromanaged with very little or vague Instructions, this may be for you.
Pros
Free lunches, a paycheck every two weeks
Cons
Inconsistency throughout entire job.
I work at AMITA for 11 years
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 20, 2019
A typical day at work, would include as I was the analyst coordinator . Would be to make sure , that all my colleagues at work to do for that day . Our job was to make sure that the doctor signed and dated every prescription and order. That they would also consist of prepping paperwork for the scanners . Helping doctors family porch that they were missing . Answering phone calls , And helping out where ever there needs to be helped
Good for contract
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 16, 2019
I had to re-locate from this position due to a move. They are always in need of therapists. I worked contract. No difficulty with guaranteed hours. Overall, pretty good!
Uncomfortable
Director (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMarch 12, 2019
AMITA has a unique work culture. I can't put it into words. They are not friendly group. They do not welcome outsiders. It's not a place I would recommend.
Cons
Micromanagement
It was an amazing place to work at!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2019
Everyone was always very professional and open to talk to you! The environment was always friendly and willing to help, we were a great team and will recommend!
Amita Health
Food service assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 7, 2019
The staff at Amita Health always treats their patients with most respect. Collaboration and team work is strong, more than workers Amita is a family. Great environment, very welcoming.
You may need to think twice to accept an offer at AMITA IT services
Lead ERP Application Administrator (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 4, 2019
The higher management is poor to handle resource management. Very little to no training. Employees have low loyalty. It might be because of Ascension decided to sunset Presence Health legacy systems.
Pros
Ascension acquired Presence Health
Cons
no longer respect IT resources
Serious About Image
Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 25, 2019
This is a good organization to be a part of. They strive for self improvement and excellence by continually gauging their performance to the organizational.mission.
Productive workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 18, 2019
The definition of workplace productivity as stated by the Department of Labor is "Productive workplaces are built on teamwork and a shared vision of where a business is heading. There's a willingness at all levels to keep learning and investing in skills.
Looking for an environment to strengthen my skill set
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL-Elgin, ILFebruary 15, 2019
I feel have a more thorough skill set regarding rehabilitation, neuro, and ortho. I want to give the best possible care possible.
The company is great! I am thankful for these wonderful opportunities.
Pros
Teamwork
If you want to work in a professional environment keep looking
Clerk (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 30, 2019
Needs new leaders who recognize skilled, hardworking employees. Managers need to know all their employees job duties well enough to at least answer questions, preferably well enough to be able to step in and perform the job when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMITA Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight