AMLI Residential Employee Reviews

Stressful, but wonderful culture and management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2019
I am a previous employee of AMLI. I loved my co-workers, managers, and supervisors! The property I was at was quite stressful due to size and location. The company itself is wonderful! Willing to give you a chance, supportive, but looks at the black and white. I happened to find a different opportunity, but would go back if the chance and timing was right!
Pros
Training, support, decent time off
Cons
Possible long hours, focused on numbers
Great Company
Assistant Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ridge, TXDecember 9, 2018
This company was a great one to work with. The atmsphere is amicable and has many hardworking people. The benefits from the company are great and the training is very helpful.
December 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience while working at AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success.

Couldn’t be happier
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
6 months in and couldn’t have gone any better. Great support from upper management from day one. Professional office staff that all want to deliver a great product/service. Considered for promotion after two months in. Don’t see myself going anywhere else, definitely where I want to grow.
Pros
Amazing locations, great benefits/discounts
Cons
Comission structure is different but fair
Productive, rewarding and fun!
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
I loved my job with Amli. They always kept me challenged and involved. I wore many hats with leasing apartments and keeping our residents happy. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants an exciting career in Property Management.
December 12, 2018

Lots of ups and downs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
"The Fake CuLture" is what ended it for me and the lack of appreciation and favoritism that was undergoing throughout. If you didnt fit in the cool crowd, you basically get left behind. Doesnt matter how hard you work. Im sure this is Different per region.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to see that you left AMLI with less than a positive experience. I hope you had a chance to share your concerns with your manager, AVP, HR and/or during your exit interview. You still are welcome to reach out to Human Resources in Chicago if you want to share specifics, so that we can better understand your perspective.

AMLI Residential
Human Resources

No work/life balance
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
If you are becoming a leasing consultant anywhere, say good bye to your weekends and hello to 6-10 day long work stretches, verbal abuse from the residents and time wasted with tours that never lease.
July 3, 2018

Thank you for your post. Leasing professionals do work many weekends as that is when we get the highest traffic, but you should be taking 2 days off each work week to recharge. We would like to hear more of your concerns, so please reach out your AVP, your Regional President and/or someone in Human Resources to discuss in detail.
Best Regards,

sales
Leasing Professional, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 18, 2018
AMLI was a fun place to work and I only left because they sold my property and I was not offered a part time position. They had culture. I worked as a bookkeeper, assistant manager, and leasing consultant. Each day was a new day and usually very busy. We always has to multi-task
Pros
great pay
Cons
could not work from home
Life Changing
Intern (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Working there was a blast . Since i was an intern it was short lived. The people that I worked with with showed me a side of the business world that i never knew existed.
February 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience during your internship last summer. Best wishes for your continued success.

N/a
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78701January 17, 2018
Working for AMLI was a superb experience that helped enhance my skill. AMLI believes on staff training to provide good work quality and customer service for its residents. The countless employees activities help employees to create a warm and good work relation within the company.
Great TEAM environment
Senior Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Loved everyone I worked with at AMLI, loved going to work every day! I always felt engaged and challenged. I was able to grow in my roll at whatever pace I felt I needed.
January 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments about your experience working at AMLI. We thank you for your contributions during your tenure with us and wish you continued success.

Recruitment Manager

Quiet easy going, very little stress.
Apartment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 13, 2017
I did punch out work in newly vacant apts.. I usually worked by myself and at my own pace. I got very little interference from management as long as I did a good job and stayed on or ahead of schedule. I was on call 1 week a month for after hours emergencies, there weren't many but it was double time paid and the extra $ always came in handy.
Pros
quiet, easy pace
Cons
working with my brother in law
Fun and supportive culture
Sales & Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
The culture is one of the best in the property management. It is supportive and fun. You know you have the support of your upper management and there are always resources to turn to.
Benefits
January 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience. Hopefully you will rejoin AMLI as a boomerang employee. Thank you for your contributions during your tenure with AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success.

High school drama
Assistant community manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2017
To much drama it is like you are back in high school. Favoritism between different communities and staff by regional manager. Communication lacks when it comes to problem resolution and is discussed with others at other communities.
Pros
Beautiful well maintained communities. Fast paced and challenging
Cons
Confidential issues are not kept on site and communicated to others
November 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to read that you had concerns during your tenure with us. We shared your feedback with the leadership team, but encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to share more insight to your comments. We thank you for your contributions and wish you much success.
Robert Heredia
Recruitment Manager

Not the worst place to work
Senior Leasing Professional (Lease up property) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
Leasing is asked to do to much for the pay. New Employees are paid more than season employees. If you are not liked or have the right look your are not advanced.
Exellent company to work
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 31, 2017
Great company to work for.
Very strong knowledge and very profetionals,
Exellent place to grow. And lot of opportunity to learn, best programs to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 22, 2017
Good place to work. Great corporate family atmoshphere. Unfortuanately they sold the complex I worked at, and and all their business is in orange County
October 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience. Hopefully you will rejoin AMLI as a boomerang employee, sometime in the future – you never know where we may build or you may move to. Thank you for your contributions during your tenure with AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success.

Transparent Management
Residential Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Amazing team, regardless of the region. You could call someone in an entirely different state and they're just as helpful and friendly as if you'd been working with them for years. Bad/ineffective managers who aren't doing their jobs don't last long so the entire culture is positive and very balanced. Constant communication with upper-management who are very open to new ideas, among many other positives.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We are pleased that you appreciated AMLI’s culture and valued our open lines of communication.
Regards,
Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources.

Great overall culture
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Great overall culture. Pleasant working environment. The corporate office is very stylish, with an onsite fitness center and a food court. The rooftop offers an amazing view of downtown Chicago.
October 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that you had a positive experience and were able to enjoy AMLI’s culture and work environment. We hope you are doing well and wish you much success in your current role.
Recruitment Manager

Productive environment easy going place to work.
GROUNDSKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 8, 2017
Keeping property clean. I learn maintainence inventory and also how to plan a schedule for a daily work process. The staff and management is very communacating. Workplace culture was of all kinds. The most challenging situtation was maintaining trash compactors. The most enjoyable were annual award meetings.
Overall- Great benefits
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
It is a very fast-paced job with lots of variety in your work day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to meet new people everyday and the opportunity to forge some lasting friendships. Heavy work load most of the time at the location I was assigned with an inadequate number of personnel to cover. It is unfortunate that I had to leave the organization due to being passed over on several attempts for promotion.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work load very heavy. At times not enough personnel on site to accommodate the work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMLI Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight