AMLI Residential Employee Reviews

Productive, rewarding and fun!
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
I loved my job with Amli. They always kept me challenged and involved. I wore many hats with leasing apartments and keeping our residents happy. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants an exciting career in Property Management.
Lots of ups and downs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
"The Fake CuLture" is what ended it for me and the lack of appreciation and favoritism that was undergoing throughout. If you didnt fit in the cool crowd, you basically get left behind. Doesnt matter how hard you work. Im sure this is Different per region.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to see that you left AMLI with less than a positive experience. I hope you had a chance to share your concerns with your manager, AVP, HR and/or during your exit interview. You still are welcome to reach out to Human Resources in Chicago if you want to share specifics, so that we can better understand your perspective.

AMLI Residential
Human Resources

No work/life balance
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
If you are becoming a leasing consultant anywhere, say good bye to your weekends and hello to 6-10 day long work stretches, verbal abuse from the residents and time wasted with tours that never lease.
July 3, 2018

Thank you for your post. Leasing professionals do work many weekends as that is when we get the highest traffic, but you should be taking 2 days off each work week to recharge. We would like to hear more of your concerns, so please reach out your AVP, your Regional President and/or someone in Human Resources to discuss in detail.
Best Regards,

sales
Leasing Professional, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 18, 2018
AMLI was a fun place to work and I only left because they sold my property and I was not offered a part time position. They had culture. I worked as a bookkeeper, assistant manager, and leasing consultant. Each day was a new day and usually very busy. We always has to multi-task
Pros
great pay
Cons
could not work from home
Life Changing
Intern (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Working there was a blast . Since i was an intern it was short lived. The people that I worked with with showed me a side of the business world that i never knew existed.
February 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience during your internship last summer. Best wishes for your continued success.

N/a
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78701January 17, 2018
Working for AMLI was a superb experience that helped enhance my skill. AMLI believes on staff training to provide good work quality and customer service for its residents. The countless employees activities help employees to create a warm and good work relation within the company.
Great TEAM environment
Senior Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Loved everyone I worked with at AMLI, loved going to work every day! I always felt engaged and challenged. I was able to grow in my roll at whatever pace I felt I needed.
January 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments about your experience working at AMLI. We thank you for your contributions during your tenure with us and wish you continued success.

Recruitment Manager

Quiet easy going, very little stress.
Apartment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 13, 2017
I did punch out work in newly vacant apts.. I usually worked by myself and at my own pace. I got very little interference from management as long as I did a good job and stayed on or ahead of schedule. I was on call 1 week a month for after hours emergencies, there weren't many but it was double time paid and the extra $ always came in handy.
Pros
quiet, easy pace
Cons
working with my brother in law
Fun and supportive culture
Sales & Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
The culture is one of the best in the property management. It is supportive and fun. You know you have the support of your upper management and there are always resources to turn to.
Benefits
January 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience. Hopefully you will rejoin AMLI as a boomerang employee. Thank you for your contributions during your tenure with AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success.

High school drama
Assistant community manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2017
To much drama it is like you are back in high school. Favoritism between different communities and staff by regional manager. Communication lacks when it comes to problem resolution and is discussed with others at other communities.
Pros
Beautiful well maintained communities. Fast paced and challenging
Cons
Confidential issues are not kept on site and communicated to others
November 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to read that you had concerns during your tenure with us. We shared your feedback with the leadership team, but encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to share more insight to your comments. We thank you for your contributions and wish you much success.
Robert Heredia
Recruitment Manager

Not the worst place to work
Senior Leasing Professional (Lease up property) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
Leasing is asked to do to much for the pay. New Employees are paid more than season employees. If you are not liked or have the right look your are not advanced.
Exellent company to work
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 31, 2017
Great company to work for.
Very strong knowledge and very profetionals,
Exellent place to grow. And lot of opportunity to learn, best programs to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 22, 2017
Good place to work. Great corporate family atmoshphere. Unfortuanately they sold the complex I worked at, and and all their business is in orange County
October 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience. Hopefully you will rejoin AMLI as a boomerang employee, sometime in the future – you never know where we may build or you may move to. Thank you for your contributions during your tenure with AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success.

Transparent Management
Residential Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Amazing team, regardless of the region. You could call someone in an entirely different state and they're just as helpful and friendly as if you'd been working with them for years. Bad/ineffective managers who aren't doing their jobs don't last long so the entire culture is positive and very balanced. Constant communication with upper-management who are very open to new ideas, among many other positives.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We are pleased that you appreciated AMLI’s culture and valued our open lines of communication.
Regards,
Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources.

Great overall culture
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Great overall culture. Pleasant working environment. The corporate office is very stylish, with an onsite fitness center and a food court. The rooftop offers an amazing view of downtown Chicago.
October 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that you had a positive experience and were able to enjoy AMLI’s culture and work environment. We hope you are doing well and wish you much success in your current role.
Recruitment Manager

Overall- Great benefits
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
It is a very fast-paced job with lots of variety in your work day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to meet new people everyday and the opportunity to forge some lasting friendships. Heavy work load most of the time at the location I was assigned with an inadequate number of personnel to cover. It is unfortunate that I had to leave the organization due to being passed over on several attempts for promotion.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work load very heavy. At times not enough personnel on site to accommodate the work load.
Wonderful experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time with AMLI. I would still be with AMLI if they did not sale my site and there was nowhere for me to move to that was local to where I was living at the time. It was a very relaxed and friendly environment to be in and around. Our site ran very smoothly and with order. I was promoted from leasing to Assistant Manager is a short amount of time. The corporate office took time to know employee names and would address you by your name when they visited the sites.
Pros
Work and life balance
Cons
Pay could have been better
June 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are pleased to read you had a positive work experience while employed at AMLI, including being promoted.
We hope there may be a future opportunity for you to return to the AMLI Famli. We have welcomed back may rehires at AMLI. Your credited service date and Million $ club status would be automatically reinstated if you come back.

Best wishes for your continued success.
Regards, Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources

Don't Believe The Hype ...
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 15, 2017
This company is highly sought out and seemingly desirable. The grass is not always greener on the other side. You will work hard, and possibly be overworked, for every single dime that you make on a daily basis.

The company is great to some people, if you happen to be on the in-crowd, but if you are not a community managers or higher, you will not be fully appreciated or respected.

Many of the newest opportunities in the company are "hand-picked" by development and upper management and new available positions are often not posted at all or pre-selected. Seasoned employees are often overlooked in the selection process for promotions.

Growth is often based on the side conversations that managers have regarding you, and it is rare to find community or service managers that know all aspects of the job or that even want to learn.

While there are some awesome people scattered throughout the company, there are certainly great, if not better, opportunities with other companies that you can thrive in! I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.

The bonus structure for leasing is fair in most instances, but I feel as though anyone below a community manager is underpaid for the workload expected.
Pros
Status amongst competition
Cons
Too many to name ...
June 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry that were not happy working at AMLI. We have shared your review with the Austin leadership team. Our focus on culture and recognition of employees, especially at the on-site, associate level is one of our priorities. We have a significant number of employees who have been promoted, at least once in their career, often 2 or 3 times, based on their contributions to the success of the organization. We have Service Managers at each property who partner with our Community Managers, as well as our Directors of Building Operations to help to make all critical maintenance decisions. Employees are encouraged and rewarded for making suggestions to improve how we run our operations and service our residents.

While I don’t know if during your employment you reached out to your Regional Manager, Regional President and/or HR to discuss your issues and to provide suggestions, you are still welcome to contact us to share more details. Best wishes for your success in your new role.

Great company, great culture!
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 30, 2017
Best company culture - truly AMLI FAMLI. I am blessed to be working with such company. They treat their employees well and being the nationwide company that they are, everyone is still easy to reach out to -- even the company's CEO.
June 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so pleased to read that you have embraced the AMLI FAMLI culture and are having a positive experience working with us. Best wishes for your continued success.
Leslie Silverman
SVP Human Resources.

Upbeat environment with great employees
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 30, 2017
For the past 2 years, I have learned more about myself than I thought I would. Great company to work for, many fun events and great pay! I was lucky enough to work at a property that had amazing residents and awesome staff!
Pros
Compensation, fun events
May 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to read that your experience at AMLI was a positive one. We have a committed team of employees in Seattle who are driving the dynamic and rewarding culture. Thank you for your contributions while at AMLI and best wishes for your continued success.

Leslie Silverman, SVP Human Resources

May 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to read that you experience at AMLI was a positive one. We have a committed team of employees in Seattle who are driving the dynamic and rewarding culture. Thank you for your contributions while at AMLI and best wishes for your continued success.

Leslie Silverman, SVP Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMLI Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight