AMLI Residential Employee Reviews for Leasing Consultant

Couldn’t be happier
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
6 months in and couldn’t have gone any better. Great support from upper management from day one. Professional office staff that all want to deliver a great product/service. Considered for promotion after two months in. Don’t see myself going anywhere else, definitely where I want to grow.
Pros
Amazing locations, great benefits/discounts
Cons
Comission structure is different but fair
No work/life balance
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
If you are becoming a leasing consultant anywhere, say good bye to your weekends and hello to 6-10 day long work stretches, verbal abuse from the residents and time wasted with tours that never lease.
Official response from AMLI Residential
July 3, 2018

Thank you for your post. Leasing professionals do work many weekends as that is when we get the highest traffic, but you should be taking 2 days off each work week to recharge. We would like to hear more of your concerns, so please reach out your AVP, your Regional President and/or someone in Human Resources to discuss in detail.
Best Regards,

Quick Paced and Worth It
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 5, 2017
AMLI is a fun and competitive place to work. Perfect for anyone looking for a Leasing career. Training is offered every step of the way and you will meet great people along the way.
Official response from AMLI Residential
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review. We hope that the experience you gained at AMLI has helped in your career. We thank you for your contributions, wish you much success in your new role and hope that one day you will return home to AMLI.

Regards,
Human Resources/Recruitment Manager

Ok
Part Time Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 31, 2016
Good training program and compensation. Very sales oriented. A lot of multi-tasking, right as you're answering the phone, a prospect comes in. Weekend availability is a must.
Great company
LEASING CONSULTANT/MARKETING CAPTAIN (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Great company, promotion opportunities, great training and beginning place to start if new to industry. I would recommend this company to friends of wanting to get a foot in the door.
Fun and friendly workplace
Bookkeeper/leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 27, 2016
A typical day started at 10am and ended at 7pm.
I learned how to show apartments to potential renters, to collect and post rent, finalize move out deposits, and process work order requests. The hardest part of the job was juggling clients and accounting work. The most enjoyable part was planning monthly events for the residents.
Pros
401K and health insurance
AMLI Residential
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2016
Leasing Professional is a fun-filled, busy job for the go getter with sales drive and strong interpersonal skills. AMLI Residentional pays higher commission and higher base pay than most property management companies in the industry.
However, Vacation time is minimal, and the employees here are over worked and often abused.
Bonuses that you earn may not be approved for 90 days plus. Beware.
Pros
Higher hourly rate and higher commission
Cons
Must work even if the highway is closed due to snow
Fast paced
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2016
Fast paced, growth oriented company. Supportive team work environment. Ever changing environment, each day is a new day with something different. Goal and customer satisfaction focused. Management thrives for full knowledge in all aspects to ensure best support for all team members. Very intriguing products and product knowledge. provided ability to learn from and about all aspects you pursue.
If they could only give their employees the same attitude!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
The first 6 months were like a dream come true. I was able to provide 100% customer service to all of my Residents and Community. After receiving much recognition and awards for being on the leaders board for consecutive months, and being recognized in quarterly and year ending Dinners - they started treating me with the same respect as I received at the beginning. I know that no job is going to always be roses and great 24/7. Their lack of education and training me stopped and their expectations were altered. As I saw those around me being treated with no respect, I shortly found out that the management were letting my co-workers go for no reason, no notification, and no chance to either work on their performance or learn the right way to do it.
Pros
Commission. Customer Service. Helping People
Cons
Feeling like, for almost a year, I was told that our company stood for something they didn't follow through with.
Great place to gain experience
Floating Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2014
The day starts by setting up the office, performing administrative and accounting procedures. Taking care of resident related issues and focus on sales and leasing. Putting together lease paperwork, maintain open communication with vendors and maintenance personnel. I've learned how to stay focused under pressure, remain on task while having to give immediate attention to residents and prospects. What I enjoy most is making people happy, finding solutions for problematic residents and prospects, giving presentations to prospective clients and building rapport. The hardest part of this job is staying on task while being constantly distracted and having to drop everything the moment the door opens.
Pros
Working in prime locations across the metro-plex, networking with a variety of professionals that are looking for luxury apartments.
Cons
weekends, can be very repetitive, limited longer term growth