AMLI Residential Management reviews

This company was founded with wonderful principles that went awry.
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2019
Do to poor upper management not being aware of issues with their staff and promoting the wrong people I would not recommend to work here. There is so much time spent reporting that you have no time to actually manage properly. I believe this company has lost sight as to what is important on the front lines.
Pros
They like to give back to the community.
Cons
Much to much unnecessary reporting.
Couldn’t be happier
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
6 months in and couldn’t have gone any better. Great support from upper management from day one. Professional office staff that all want to deliver a great product/service. Considered for promotion after two months in. Don’t see myself going anywhere else, definitely where I want to grow.
Pros
Amazing locations, great benefits/discounts
Cons
Comission structure is different but fair
Productive, rewarding and fun!
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
I loved my job with Amli. They always kept me challenged and involved. I wore many hats with leasing apartments and keeping our residents happy. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants an exciting career in Property Management.
December 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience while working at AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success.

Lots of ups and downs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
"The Fake CuLture" is what ended it for me and the lack of appreciation and favoritism that was undergoing throughout. If you didnt fit in the cool crowd, you basically get left behind. Doesnt matter how hard you work. Im sure this is Different per region.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to see that you left AMLI with less than a positive experience. I hope you had a chance to share your concerns with your manager, AVP, HR and/or during your exit interview. You still are welcome to reach out to Human Resources in Chicago if you want to share specifics, so that we can better understand your perspective.

Regards,
AMLI Residential
Human Resources

Quiet easy going, very little stress.
Apartment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 13, 2017
I did punch out work in newly vacant apts.. I usually worked by myself and at my own pace. I got very little interference from management as long as I did a good job and stayed on or ahead of schedule. I was on call 1 week a month for after hours emergencies, there weren't many but it was double time paid and the extra $ always came in handy.
Pros
quiet, easy pace
Cons
working with my brother in law
Fun and supportive culture
Sales & Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
The culture is one of the best in the property management. It is supportive and fun. You know you have the support of your upper management and there are always resources to turn to.
Benefits
January 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We are glad you had such a great experience. Hopefully you will rejoin AMLI as a boomerang employee. Thank you for your contributions during your tenure with AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success.

Transparent Management
Residential Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Amazing team, regardless of the region. You could call someone in an entirely different state and they're just as helpful and friendly as if you'd been working with them for years. Bad/ineffective managers who aren't doing their jobs don't last long so the entire culture is positive and very balanced. Constant communication with upper-management who are very open to new ideas, among many other positives.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We are pleased that you appreciated AMLI’s culture and valued our open lines of communication.
We thank you for your contributions during your tenure with us and wish you continued success.
Regards,
Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources.

Productive environment easy going place to work.
GROUNDSKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 8, 2017
Keeping property clean. I learn maintainence inventory and also how to plan a schedule for a daily work process. The staff and management is very communacating. Workplace culture was of all kinds. The most challenging situtation was maintaining trash compactors. The most enjoyable were annual award meetings.
Don't Believe The Hype ...
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 15, 2017
This company is highly sought out and seemingly desirable. The grass is not always greener on the other side. You will work hard, and possibly be overworked, for every single dime that you make on a daily basis.

The company is great to some people, if you happen to be on the in-crowd, but if you are not a community managers or higher, you will not be fully appreciated or respected.

Many of the newest opportunities in the company are "hand-picked" by development and upper management and new available positions are often not posted at all or pre-selected. Seasoned employees are often overlooked in the selection process for promotions.

Growth is often based on the side conversations that managers have regarding you, and it is rare to find community or service managers that know all aspects of the job or that even want to learn.

While there are some awesome people scattered throughout the company, there are certainly great, if not better, opportunities with other companies that you can thrive in! I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.

The bonus structure for leasing is fair in most instances, but I feel as though anyone below a community manager is underpaid for the workload expected.
Pros
Status amongst competition
Cons
Too many to name ...
June 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry that were not happy working at AMLI. We have shared your review with the Austin leadership team. Our focus on culture and recognition of employees, especially at the on-site, associate level is one of our priorities. We have a significant number of employees who have been promoted, at least once in their career, often 2 or 3 times, based on their contributions to the success of the organization. We have Service Managers at each property who partner with our Community Managers, as well as our Directors of Building Operations to help to make all critical maintenance decisions. Employees are encouraged and rewarded for making suggestions to improve how we run our operations and service our residents.

While I don’t know if during your employment you reached out to your Regional Manager, Regional President and/or HR to discuss your issues and to provide suggestions, you are still welcome to contact us to share more details. Best wishes for your success in your new role.

too small of a compnay
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2017
The company is too small , and there are no job or carreer oppertunity. The management has a old style of managing , and not open to upgrading their style.
AMLI Residential
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2016
Leasing Professional is a fun-filled, busy job for the go getter with sales drive and strong interpersonal skills. AMLI Residentional pays higher commission and higher base pay than most property management companies in the industry.
However, Vacation time is minimal, and the employees here are over worked and often abused.
Bonuses that you earn may not be approved for 90 days plus. Beware.
Pros
Higher hourly rate and higher commission
Cons
Must work even if the highway is closed due to snow
Fast paced
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2016
Fast paced, growth oriented company. Supportive team work environment. Ever changing environment, each day is a new day with something different. Goal and customer satisfaction focused. Management thrives for full knowledge in all aspects to ensure best support for all team members. Very intriguing products and product knowledge. provided ability to learn from and about all aspects you pursue.
Great Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAOctober 19, 2015
Great company culture ! HIgh expectations with big rewards.
Supportive Upper management, great training structure.
Good company to work for.
Leasing Professional & Marketing Captain (Current Employee) –  west palm beachSeptember 3, 2015
Amli at Ibis has a very supportive management team. .Great property overall. Co- workers have trained me well enough for me to be the successful leaser I am today.
Very good Company to work for
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2015
Never work for a company like this before have had other maintenance jobs before but here you are and treated like management
If they could only give their employees the same attitude!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
The first 6 months were like a dream come true. I was able to provide 100% customer service to all of my Residents and Community. After receiving much recognition and awards for being on the leaders board for consecutive months, and being recognized in quarterly and year ending Dinners - they started treating me with the same respect as I received at the beginning. I know that no job is going to always be roses and great 24/7. Their lack of education and training me stopped and their expectations were altered. As I saw those around me being treated with no respect, I shortly found out that the management were letting my co-workers go for no reason, no notification, and no chance to either work on their performance or learn the right way to do it.
Pros
Commission. Customer Service. Helping People
Cons
Feeling like, for almost a year, I was told that our company stood for something they didn't follow through with.
5 Star Company All Around!!!
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2015
The CEO knows your name, company culture is oustanding. You really feel like you matter. Training is like nothing I've seen before, they constantly hire from within, and you are always able to advance. Pay is great with yearly raises, benefits are excellent, and there is structure - which is well appreciated. Any issues are handled quickly. Great company.
Pros
Quarterly company events, great pay, hours, opportunities for advancement
Cons
None really...
Good Company to work for
Bookkeeper/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 6, 2013
Been there for more than 5 years and have learned a lot in the industry. Probably one of the best companies to work for in Property Management.
Pros
good commission structure
Cons
work schedule
Dynamic company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2012
Progressive management company focused on results.
Service oriented company.
High expectation of performance
Pros
coworkers