Amplifon

Working at Amplifon: 25 Reviews

United States25 reviews

greatcompanytimemanagementpaygoodjobpeople

Lots of growth opportunities and great company culture

I have been a temporary employees with Amplifon and a permanent employee with Amplifon for about a year now and I can honestly say that Amplifon has been a great company to work for. One of the things that stands out about Amplifon is the people! I think we truly hire the best people and it shows across the organization. I have such a supportive team and I am always learning and growing in my role. There are lots of growth opportunities at Amplifon from what I can see. I can't wait to continue my career with Amplifon and see where it takes me!

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, company culture

Cons

Lots of leadership changes

What is the best part of working at the company?Work from home, flex schedule. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Complete lack of competent management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Like a little club, except I didn’t know the secret handshake. BAD HR DEPTWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Kept to myself and did my job better than most

Amplifon insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible experience

I worked for a franchise that was taken over by this company and once they took over morale plummeted. They over worked us, stress was an all time high, no management support infact emails went unanswered for weeks even when involving a patient, incredibly understaffed and overall an oppressive work environment. Leaving was a sad time for me because I loved the previous franchise owners but it became abundantly clear amplifon only cared about numbers and not people

The only positive thing is a pay check. Could be a great job but the customers can tell they are viewed as dollar signs.

No paid time off, personal days, sick days, or vacation. Expected to see up to 20 customers a day (appointments should last 1.5 hours for tests, so this is impossible) and their instruments are way over priced for the area by thousands of dollars. Toxic work environment in small franchise.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Horrible work life balance if you want to be successful.

Corporate benefits are great however they were very disconnected

Working for Amplifon has it's perks such as great benefits.It is a large corporation, however, so I did feel disconnected. I never had a steady manager and there were constant changes-- some of which management was even unaware of.

Pros

Great PTO

Cons

Poor management, poor communication

Fun and Flexible Job workspace

I love the fact that we get to work from home and we have constant connection and communication with management. I love it here. They are a great company to work for

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Constant goal change

Good complany with friendly employees and managers

It was a good and fast pace location on the billing and appeals side of the healthcare industry. We had territories and specific payors that were assigned to us, and we learned new areas and payors when available to expand our knowledge

Pros

ability to learn new things and new insurance plans

Lack of internal process

This company has the potential to be a continued leader in this industry. The company directive will hopefully get realigned with the original company values.

Small company feel

Amplifon is a global organization with a small company feel. Employees work closely with each other, more than just an extension or email address, there's a face with a name. Senior management values their employees. The organization is passionate about providing their customers, business partners, and employees with the products, services, tools, and resources they need.

Worst job I ever had because of the HR department. They are the WORST!

They absolutely, flat out lie to their contracting partners, selling outdated hearing aids from their manufacturing partners as discounts. Then the management teams expects you to handle the (MANY) unhappy customers with no support. Specifically, HR is delusional. They will tell you about the softball games and functions, but they are horrible! They lie to you, cheat you by not paying you and provide ZERO room for advancement. I’ve actually been in a meeting with the HR SVP where she said “good thing I run this place”... crazy how anyone with an ego like this can be in HUMAN resources. We used to call her the “anti-human resource”... Do not work here. They lie to you and threaten your job if you try to make any positive change here.

Pros

Absolutely none. Some have said ‘it’s a job’, but it’s not if the HR team finds a way to not pay you what you’ve earned.

Cons

Management is so full of themselves. They really are very clueless what the teams do every day.

excellent place to learn clerical duties. Thankful to this place and its boss to have given me the opportunity to have learned new skills. hardest art of the job was to bring in new customers. enjoyable part was you had enough time to learn new clerical skills.

Pros

productive

Cons

no career advancement

Great work/life balance

Family like feel to the company. They work with you if you need to re-arrange your hours to fit your family life. As long as you get your work done and no complaints you can manage your own time (start/end time, breaks, etc). Great communication between employee and managers

Pros

Free events, random free lunches, offer sign ups for yoga, massages, learning classes etc

Cons

Stingy with pay and raises

The culture is not pleasant

The culture is not pleasant, and it started with the CEO. There is a new CEO, so time will tell if the culture changes. The company is owned by an Italian company, which has also gone through a lot of changes recently.

Horrible place to work

I worked at the Plymouth, MN location and they lie to you. They told me during the interview process that I would make a $10.00 bonus for every appointment set. That was a lie. You make $1.00 per every hearing aid sold. Then your co-workers can actually steal your sale. This is one of the most unethical places to work. After finding out the truth about how things were done around there it was time to go. I couldn't be unethical and steal someone else's sale. Shame on you Amplifon!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Unethical

Overall job culture

I love the open door culture here, it has a laid back environment. Come to work do what you need to do and meet great people along the way.

Pros

Great work environemnt

Cons

The paid is low if you work in the call center, they bring in the most money need better Incentive $

Strong work life balance

A unique culture mix between the Europe management and the US. Strong and growing industry. Performance not always measured by milestones, rather on opinion.

Pros

Growing industry

Cons

tense work environment.

the most enjoyable part of job

Seriously, the best part of my job is without a doubt the people that I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another. That has definitely helped me become a more confident person.

Unreasonable expectations and management with stages of alzheimers

This company is good at the top, but depending on what franchise you get it is completely different. In the beginning I was told I would make close to 300 a year. What they didn't inform me of is that after my driving to different offices and training including Saturdays and Sundays without pay that was more like 5 dollars an hour. It says paid training but even though company policy says one thing you're Manger will say that's not true.The next day say oh yeah that's right. I was unfortunate as I had a Manger who was all but retired. I think in his 80's and only there for a paycheck. He didn't care about me or the company. If you're looking for a career look else where.

Pros

a job

Cons

everything

Horrible. RUN.

You must notice that this job is posted for JACKSON, MS. The franchise owners are HORRIBLE. Care nothing about their patients or their employees. Turnover rate for employees for this franchise is ridiculous. Don't pay you after two weeks notice. Don't allow you to see patients for 30 days after purchase so there are no returns in order to take people's money. This franchise IS GOING BANKRUPT. RUN FROM THE BILLEDEAUXS AND THIS FRANCHISE. THEY ARE A SCAM AND HORRIBLE TO THEIR PATIENTS.

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

Too many to name

great

Great Place to work management is wonderful! They respect you no matter what race, creed, or belief

Pros

nice envirment

Cons

2nd lunch room small

5 star rating / manager great

I would help the hearing impaired and love every minute of it knowing that I could improve their life. I learned how this could really make such a big difference in their quality of life. The manager was so great to work with as well as the co-workers. Everyone worked together like family and helped each other with what ever we needed, this was wonderful.

Pros

beinging able to enjoy going to work

Cons

no benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amplifon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Amplifon with

Learn about Amplifon in popular locations

Amplifon reviews by popular job title

• Amplifon