Amplify

• Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Challenging fun work environment.

Was a great company to work for. Challenging and fun work environment. Working with talented people with strong backgrounds developing top level digital applications

Learning environment, good fellow employees

The Executive Director I worked under had little to no understanding of working for a non-profit, or supervising real employees as opposed to undergrad students. This person made the work environment incredibly stressful, and I was embarrassed/humiliated on a daily basis. The work environment was toxic, and personally degrading for me. My morale and job performance suffered dramatically. I was personally glad to get laid off during Covid.

Great time, great co-workers, great Pay, Poot communication from supervisor at times, not much info given that could have helped with project by supervisor though...needed to think in our feet to handle problems as they came up

Disappointing

Complete lack of leadership or mission, with no room for advancement, and no structure by which to do so. There is no clear vision for the company, and company goals, if they exist, are not articulated. Age discrimination is real and pervasive, and, outside of the Brooklyn office, there is little diversity.

Fun, Educational, Productive and Innovating

Company specialized in innovating new technical ways to teach students and learning. They also promoted learning amongst its employees. It promoted cross-functional learning and promoted ideas and innovation on how to do your work. A typical day was very busy as we had 1500+ users local and regional to support but there were always plenty discussions and meetings to be involved with. I have learned that creativity is an important tool in life and can play a big part in improving workplace life. I have also learned a lot of new technical skills from this job as it has helped me to move onto my now current jobs. Workplace culture was awesome, it was a very diverse workplace. The hardest part of the job was the commute and having to leave on time as it was always busy but a productive busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were the comradery with other teams and employees.

Pros

Diversity, innovation within the company and comradery

Cons

Busy schedule and commute

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Could be better

Way too political. constant turn over due to the contingent workforce. Has some good old boy tendencies. Inconsistent management. Bordering verbally abusive sales people.

I worked remotely.

This was a remote position. I did not work at Amplify headquarters so it impossible to accurately assess what the day-to-day working conditions were.

Great flexibility, high expectations with good compensation.

Great place to work. Has many opportunities for remote work. Company culture is very laid back. Work expectation is high. People are very friendly and supportive.

Temporary data collection job

The job paid well and management was friendly and helpful. There were no benefits associated with the temporary job and the scope of the job seemed to change over time and the job took longer than expected which was a positive for me because it kept me employed until I was able to obtain a permanent position at another company.

Great Place-Wish there was better job security.

Great Place-Wish there was better job security. I had a great experience there and it was great for a creative, but my stay was much shorter than expected.

Jobs at Amplify

See more jobs

Very trusting company, they are the type where as long as you meet your daily goals you are fine. They gave me a laptop and work from home when I want. The have snacks at 3pm. Wonderful people.

Some of the smartest people I've ever worked with

Brilliant vision. Amazing execution. Cutting edge online app development. Imagining the way education is conducted, to include and integrate games and cultural exposure to global ideas.

Positive work experience

Contract employee. Interaction with company and it's leadership was a positive experience. Educational testing assessments very user friendly and engaging for students. A positive step to create an electronic assessment to substitute for the paper and pencil version of something that is administered in every school across the country.

Amplify

Amplify was one of the best most fun team to work with. I miss them. Was a health environment where people were friendly and shared knowledge. Also you felt as if you were making a difference in students lives with personalized learning on mobile devices

Pros

Expenses meals and travel covered

Cons

Lost their contract

Room for growth, in addition to the opportunity to set your schedule. Supervisor has great understanding of other obligations to school, or family allowing the opportunity for one to seek other opportunities outside of Amplify.

Pros

Great environment

Never worked at Main Office

I never worked at main office but my supervisor was not a micro manager which I look for in a job. They also like to have fun at work...it helps the day go by.

A wonderful company to work for

Amplify is a wonderful and supportive company that is located in DUMBO. Office is beautiful. The employees are supportive. Free snacks. They are trusting of you once assigned a project. Management is some of the best I've seen.

Fun and hardworking employer

Amplify was a great experience with great people who cared about education locally and nationally. The team atmosphere is fun and the leaders know what they are doing. If I could work for them again I would!

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

none at this time

Everything @ Amplify Access was great!

When I started @ Amplify, we were three separate divisions. The software engineering processes and craftsmanship were unmatched. I've yet to be on any team that has come close to the amazing environment at Amplify Access. Since then, the company has merged into one. I am no longer at the company and haven't been for years so I cannot speak to current conditions. However many employees are still there and I know it's still a great company.

nice place to good people

Good Company. Need to improve on the equipment for better production. Also need better workers to run the machines.We have a good Supervisor but she needs the other Departments to work together for better work flow.

Pros

company gifts//Holiday luchon

Cons

need to spend money on better equipment

Great

Math 55 is a two-semester long first-year undergraduate mathematics course at Harvard University, founded by Lynn Loomis and Shlomo Sternberg. The official titles of the course are Honors Abstract Algebra (Math 55a) and Honors Real and Complex Analysis (Math 55b). Previously, the official title was Honors Advanced Calculus and Linear Algebra.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amplify. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amplify.
Powered byComparably