Amsterdam Printing & Litho Employee Reviews

friendly work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 26, 2018
As an APL employee you would run orders ranging from 1-90000 pieces per order and being sure that each order was correct per the customers orders. Advancement with this company is greatly possible with a little hard work and dedication.
Pros
overtime often
Cons
lay offs
Worst management staff ever seen
Operator (Current Employee) –  Web GraphicsFebruary 9, 2018
The managers at Web Graphics are quickly overwhelmed with the extreme stress and confusion that they, themselves create to begin with then are quick to just blame "corporate".
I can not believe what these poor managers are making for salary compared to the people that really do the work. The company has been failing for at least the last year and a half. If it wasn't backed by a multi billion dollar corporation it would surely be long closed down.
Pros
air conditioning in the Summer
Cons
too many to list
If you like antique machinery this is the place for you
Noneya (Former Employee) –  QueensburySeptember 26, 2017
Management is ignorant and overpaid. Dressed to impress but can't read a ruler. Machinery is older than dirt. Turnover is terrible. Plant manager is clueless. The healthcare is horrible and unaffordable. Pay is below average for mill work.
Pros
Vacation time, air conditioned...big deal
Cons
Yes They hire cons.
you will be stressed out of your mind
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Web Graphics Queensbury, NYJuly 7, 2017
terrible pay and management. Amsterdam Printing/Web Graphics loves to pay their incompetent management staff but that's about it. The rest of their jobs are low paying. The health insurance is sad. The deductible is very high, even if your numbers for your health screening are all right on target. One poor manager doesn't know what the next poor manager is doing and they all contradict each other.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
multiple
Fast pace detail job
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJune 19, 2017
Fast working job on machines that laser imprints on pens attention to detail and quality awesome supervisors and employees amazing benefits and 2 brakes 15 mind and half-hour lunch
Pros
Awesome place to work
horrible place
worker (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 21, 2017
this is not a good company to work for at all they have no respect for their employees and the quality of the people that are in charge is questionable at best they are dishonest and devious and that is putting it politely. the insurance is not very good it does not cover hardly anything i would not recommend this place to anyone
Pros
mone
Cons
numerous
Low wages. No appreciation treated just like a number.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NY (Web Graphics)August 21, 2016
Hours were family friendly, Monday through Friday and Holidays off but that's all this place had to offer. Benefits are horrible, low wages, no appreciation. This place is a revolving door and the hiring sign that was placed out front has been there for the last couple years. If your looking for your first job this maybe suitable for a temporary bases but if you have a family to support I would not recommend. There's no room for advancement and lack of pay has lead my separation from the company.
Pros
Hours, holidays
Cons
Low pay, horrible benefits
Worst manament team ever!
Yea right (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 5, 2016
Any one who said this was a good or fair place to work are making things up. Hours are the only thing going for it. Management is unbelievable they do not care at all about you !! or to make any thing better.
They simply dont care! It's the worst ask any of the employees that are not management. Wonder why they cant keep people?
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay & Manament
Amsterdam Printing Rocks!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 11, 2015
I am proud to work for Amsterdam Printing. The company was recently named the 15th largest promotional product distributor in the country, With nearly 500 employees and growing, Amsterdam Printing is a vital business in the capital region.

There are actually multiple people here with over 50+ years of service. I don't know of too many companies that can say that. There are so many 'lifers' here because it truly is a good place to work.

Management is always available to hear concerns and they are always open to new ideas.

The company is extremely generous and offers a monetary holiday bonus, a holiday company luncheon, paid time off, and a great health benefits package.

At first, I was nervous about the commute to Amsterdam when I was hired, but now I love it! I don't have to sit in all that traffic on the Northway. My commute is all back roads and I never have an issue!

All around, Amsterdam Printing is a great company with many passionate and talented employees and a solid leadership team.I consider myself lucky to be employed here.
Pros
Solid Management, The Desire to Always be Better, Inexpensive Lunches, Easy Commute, Top 15 Distributor, Holiday Bonus, Holiday Luncheon, Good Benefits Package
Cons
Just another day at the office
Plantload Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYSeptember 1, 2015
My job was expected to be done as in any other work place. I did not need to be supervised closely. My job was enjoyable. I had excellent co workers. We were a family.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Pay was not the best, but it paid the bills and was close to home
Decent place to work, Poverty Level Wages
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 29, 2015
Currently working as a CSR. Answering phone calls and emails all day long. Customers now have a sense of entitlement and take advantage of the companies 100% satisfaction guarantee. Management is terrible, the supervisors do absolutely nothing all day but sit and chat in the cubicles. Upper management could care less about you, in this company you are the low man on totem pole, easily replaceable for another cheap employee. They do not value experience, job skills, professionalism at all. There is little to no room to advance out of the CSR position. The hardest part of the job is the terrible hourly pay. The $10.00 wage is far less than a living wage in New York. They need to stop the turn style with constant hiring and firing of CSR's and value the good ones they have with higher pay. The commissions are a joke, you can upsell $10,000 and they will pay you $50 for it, it's ridiculous. Telesales gets all the perks while CSR's get terrible pay and all the work. Corporate headquarters is located in MN and they do not care about Amsterdam Printing, only the bottom line. The owner is a billionaire Glen Taylor, they do not care about people and families. Only million dollar bonuses they receive while they pay us $20,000 a year. You cannot work at this job if you have a family and kids or you will be forced to be on welfare. They waste millions and millions of dollars in reprints, credits and a poor marketing team. All this waste could be cleaned up with better management in place so others can get a pay increase not just the higher ups.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Horrible pay, no room for advancement, terrible management.
productive and fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 28, 2015
Great atmosphere and good pay great benefits. basic day at work was answering calls and receiving mail orders. social coworkers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
traveling time
Productive place to work with good management.
Pre-Press Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 11, 2013
A typical day at Amsterdam is spent setting up customers artwork for printing. Receiving problem orders from production, fixing and returning. With an occasional meeting thrown in throughout the week. I learned everything I know about Adobe Creative Suite at Amsterdam. Management could use a little more knowledge of PrePress department. My day shift co-workers are great, while the 2nd shift workers are young and don't understand work ethic. The hardest part of my job is having a slow day with not many jobs to complete. The sense of accomplishment is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good co-workers, decent benefits
Cons
not up to par equipment, vacation scheduling
Great Company to work for as well as the amount of help you receive is phenomenal.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYAugust 9, 2013
*Typical Day: Working online with chats and emails, occassionally taking on more responsibilities when I request additional work if I am slow.

*I learned new computer programs, how to handle customers efficiently and reasonably under many circumstances and the green screen order entry system.

*Management: The managers are great. They are always there to offer advice and take / listen to any of our concerns. They are great at coaching us in the right direction if we are running into an error we don't know how to fix.

*Co-Workers: I get along with all of my co workers. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

*Hardest Part of the Job: When everything is quiet and slow.

*Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: When I see that customer I just helped is happy with their service I provided to them and everything with this order is perfect!
Pros
PTO time builds quickly each week, Lunches are cheap and afforable as well as delicious, Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
I do not really have any cons.
Once you're hired there's alright job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYAugust 2, 2013
$2.00 more an hour than minimum wage seems like a great gig... until you get out of the training room and start dealing with the customers and you finally realize how the company works. They care so much about making it seem like they care about the customers that they forget to ACTUALLY care about the customers. This results in the customer service team getting sworn at and yelled at all day long - and no amount of money is worth being degraded all day and all night. Some of the hours were okay, but I worked 1030-7 and when there was mandatory overtime I was there from 1030-8. There's absolutely no time to do anything outside of work when you work those hours. For their full time permanent employees they offer health and dental, paid time off, etc. which is all great, but like I said I couldn't get paid enough to get reprimanded for another department's mistake. They hire lower-intelligence people for the production team and pay them less than the customer service representatives get paid, but that consequentially leads to a LOT of mistakes in the production department and shipping departments. Orders get sent to the wrong customers, the wrong imprints are on items, things are spelled incorrectly, it's all just a mess there - especially when it comes to the social media department. It's also FREEZING in there - you're not allowed to wear hoodies or have portable heaters so I would literally sit there shivering all day. They said the heat was controlled by someone who isn't even at that location. What?!
Pros
more than minimum wage, cafeteria, zumba one day a week
Cons
rude customeers, illiterate production team, irresponsible customer service agents, VERY cold, short breaks, high promo standards
Working with the team.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYFebruary 1, 2013
I was not enjoying this job, I don't enjoy phone sells, this was not an easy job. I wasn't going to quit so I stuck it out and tried my best. I felt that I was restricted, I wanted to work with my customer in getting what they needed but didn't have the time to focus on the customer. The quotas were really hard for me to work up to. I just felt that it was more about numbers then the customer, I understand they are important too but if you don't have the customer you won't have the numbers. I guess I'm more about doing what I can for the customer to make them happy, and with the quotas, didn't have that time.
Pros
the all day summerfests in saratoga.
Cons
high quota's
fun place to work,people are friendly
Pack out / Table worker (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 16, 2012
would work full time if able,supervisors are easy to get along with.am very pleased with all around managment,and breaks are evenly spaced
Pros
everything is simple to learn
communicating with the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 13, 2012
answered phone calls all day 75-100 per day, entered customers orders over the phone, entered mailed and faxed orders, had to help customers on the phone if they had issues with an order they had placed, management was good, my co-workers were very nice people to work with, the hardest part of the job i found was offering the promos to the customers and getting them to order them, the most enjoyable was talking to the customers and helping them
Pros
the people i was working with
Cons
health insurance, not enough pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  WarehouseMarch 2, 2012
I would recommend working at this place. I was cycled through every department. Every manager liked me, and I could do every job in every department. I was a calendar embroiderer, and a material handler in mailing, which led me to the laser department where pens were embroidered, to the shipping department, and ending up in the warehouse for the remainder of my time.
Pros
great management, great envoirnment
Cons
minimum wage, laid-off