Amsterdam Printing & Litho Employee Reviews

One of the worst jobs I had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 28, 2019
I started off taking calls and then moved to the digital communications department before I found a better job because I could not stand it there anymore like most other people. They pay you next to nothing and stresses their employees out and wonder why they have no help. Most people who come out of training will last about a month and realize what the job is really like in that place and stop showing up for work or quit. It is the managers fault why they loose so many people and at their team meetings they will preach and complain to us that we aren't meeting their goals all the time and blame the reps who do show up for work there instead, When it's the managers fault why they aren't able to keep people there in the first place and they are not taking any responsibly for themselves when they are making people want to quit. It is too much stress for people working there especially for their pay when they are understaffed all the time. I was able to find a much easier job and make a lot more money now with a less stressful position with another company similar to theirs. . Amsterdam Printing just made me feel how grateful I am having a higher paying job now without their stress. I would not recommend anyone working there, Managers are the ones who needs to improve not their employee's. Apply at the place that makes Stickers in Amsterdam on indeed and you will be much happier there. Trust me.. That is why that company is able to meet their goals and Amsterdam Printing can't. I am very glad to be working for them instead of Amsterdam Printing now. It's a down hill failure  more... because of their management. I will say the Manager in the authorization department is very nice to us and none of what I said applies to her.. That is why she is able to keep people on her team a lot longer and why people have more respect for her. She is not the problem at Amsterdam Printing like the other managers are there. If she was in charge of everybody instead of her own team.. Alot more people would stay and work there. She is down to earth and does things in a positive way for us. I have never heard anybody having problems with her and everybody likes her.  less
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Management not taking responsibly for their own actions and very low pay.
Don't even bother applying for this place... This place is a joke!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 19, 2019
I wouldn't bother applying for this job. I saw how this company really is. First they pay you minimum wage and the trainer will make you wanna quit on the first or second day and if you are lucky enough to make it through training with him they expect high standards from you and will threaten you with strict disciplinary action if you don't meet their standards but yet only paying you minimum wage. Please... I can work at Stewart's for more money and not have to worry about their standards or being discipline for not meeting their standards for minimum wage. If you want people to have high standards and want people to stay there then you need to pay people more and NOT threaten people with disciplinary once you get out of training. You won't get anybody that would want to stay or even work there. And if you want more "money" in your pay check, They make you beg their customers instead to buy more stuff from you and once you do they only give you 2% and keep 98% for themselves instead. I don't why anybody would want to work there for their pay. It's not worth it.. You are better off pumping gas for more money instead and not have to worry about Amsterdam's Printings crazy disciplinary actions anymore. I feel bad for the reps who work there now and how they treat their employees just for working for them.. It's a horrible workplace environment once you get in. Don't let the trainer fool you during the interview telling you how great it is working there. He plays a different tune once you get there and threatens to fire you instead if you don't meet his standards all for  more... minimum wage pay and the reps say they also monitor you every week there and they are more worried about failing you on their monitors and nit picking about stuff instead of being thankful you helped the customer and made them happy. I am really surprised the company is still in business and still have people working there. It's a negative place to work.  less
Pros
Cons
Not worth the pay and time being there.
Don’t waste your time.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYAugust 9, 2018
Worst management team ever. As one of the other comments said, “Dressed to impress, but can’t read a ruler.” These guys have no printing experience, and no management skills. It’s laughable.
Pros
Consistent work schedule.
Cons
Terrible management and Terrible pay
friendly environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 16, 2018
This place is good for first time seekers,Or have different job experience. Easy machine operations in most of the department,Accept Laser printing area need to calculation and carefully read the description of customer orders.
Cons
A good job as factory jobs are concerned.
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 21, 2018
Start your day in the early AM, Prepare orders for delivery. Work until prescribed break time which was 15 min. Worked until lunch which was 30 min. Back to work until next 15 min break And then work to quitting time. Learned how to prepare orders for delivery. Management was adequate. Employees were like family. The hardest part of the job was the constant noise of the machinery. The most enjoyable part of the job was associating with the employees and going home.
Pros
Overtiome after 40 hrs.
Cons
Machinery noise and air quality.
sales job
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 9, 2018
A fine place to work if you don't mind sales and phone calls. Friendly atmosphere, competitive work environment, and weekends off. Over all not a bad place.
Pros
weekends off, freindly atmosphere
Cons
sales
friendly work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 26, 2018
As an APL employee you would run orders ranging from 1-90000 pieces per order and being sure that each order was correct per the customers orders. Advancement with this company is greatly possible with a little hard work and dedication.
Pros
overtime often
Cons
lay offs
Worst management staff ever seen
Operator (Current Employee) –  Web GraphicsFebruary 9, 2018
The managers at Web Graphics are quickly overwhelmed with the extreme stress and confusion that they, themselves create to begin with then are quick to just blame "corporate".
I can not believe what these poor managers are making for salary compared to the people that really do the work. The company has been failing for at least the last year and a half. If it wasn't backed by a multi billion dollar corporation it would surely be long closed down.
Pros
air conditioning in the Summer
Cons
too many to list
If you like antique machinery this is the place for you
Noneya (Former Employee) –  QueensburySeptember 26, 2017
Management is ignorant and overpaid. Dressed to impress but can't read a ruler. Machinery is older than dirt. Turnover is terrible. Plant manager is clueless. The healthcare is horrible and unaffordable. Pay is below average for mill work.
Pros
Vacation time, air conditioned...big deal
Cons
Yes They hire cons.
you will be stressed out of your mind
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Web Graphics Queensbury, NYJuly 7, 2017
terrible pay and management. Amsterdam Printing/Web Graphics loves to pay their incompetent management staff but that's about it. The rest of their jobs are low paying. The health insurance is sad. The deductible is very high, even if your numbers for your health screening are all right on target. One poor manager doesn't know what the next poor manager is doing and they all contradict each other.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
multiple
Fast pace detail job
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJune 19, 2017
Fast working job on machines that laser imprints on pens attention to detail and quality awesome supervisors and employees amazing benefits and 2 brakes 15 mind and half-hour lunch
Pros
Awesome place to work
horrible place
worker (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 21, 2017
this is not a good company to work for at all they have no respect for their employees and the quality of the people that are in charge is questionable at best they are dishonest and devious and that is putting it politely. the insurance is not very good it does not cover hardly anything i would not recommend this place to anyone
Pros
mone
Cons
numerous
Low wages. No appreciation treated just like a number.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NY (Web Graphics)August 21, 2016
Hours were family friendly, Monday through Friday and Holidays off but that's all this place had to offer. Benefits are horrible, low wages, no appreciation. This place is a revolving door and the hiring sign that was placed out front has been there for the last couple years. If your looking for your first job this maybe suitable for a temporary bases but if you have a family to support I would not recommend. There's no room for advancement and lack of pay has lead my separation from the company.
Pros
Hours, holidays
Cons
Low pay, horrible benefits
Worst manament team ever!
Yea right (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 5, 2016
Any one who said this was a good or fair place to work are making things up. Hours are the only thing going for it. Management is unbelievable they do not care at all about you !! or to make any thing better.
They simply dont care! It's the worst ask any of the employees that are not management. Wonder why they cant keep people?
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay & Manament
Amsterdam Printing Rocks!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 11, 2015
I am proud to work for Amsterdam Printing. The company was recently named the 15th largest promotional product distributor in the country, With nearly 500 employees and growing, Amsterdam Printing is a vital business in the capital region.

There are actually multiple people here with over 50+ years of service. I don't know of too many companies that can say that. There are so many 'lifers' here because it truly is a good place to work.

Management is always available to hear concerns and they are always open to new ideas.

The company is extremely generous and offers a monetary holiday bonus, a holiday company luncheon, paid time off, and a great health benefits package.

At first, I was nervous about the commute to Amsterdam when I was hired, but now I love it! I don't have to sit in all that traffic on the Northway. My commute is all back roads and I never have an issue!

All around, Amsterdam Printing is a great company with many passionate and talented employees and a solid leadership team.I consider myself lucky to be employed here.
Pros
Solid Management, The Desire to Always be Better, Inexpensive Lunches, Easy Commute, Top 15 Distributor, Holiday Bonus, Holiday Luncheon, Good Benefits Package
Cons
Just another day at the office
Plantload Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYSeptember 1, 2015
My job was expected to be done as in any other work place. I did not need to be supervised closely. My job was enjoyable. I had excellent co workers. We were a family.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Pay was not the best, but it paid the bills and was close to home
Decent place to work, Poverty Level Wages
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 29, 2015
Currently working as a CSR. Answering phone calls and emails all day long. Customers now have a sense of entitlement and take advantage of the companies 100% satisfaction guarantee. Management is terrible, the supervisors do absolutely nothing all day but sit and chat in the cubicles. Upper management could care less about you, in this company you are the low man on totem pole, easily replaceable for another cheap employee. They do not value experience, job skills, professionalism at all. There is little to no room to advance out of the CSR position. The hardest part of the job is the terrible hourly pay. The $10.00 wage is far less than a living wage in New York. They need to stop the turn style with constant hiring and firing of CSR's and value the good ones they have with higher pay. The commissions are a joke, you can upsell $10,000 and they will pay you $50 for it, it's ridiculous. Telesales gets all the perks while CSR's get terrible pay and all the work. Corporate headquarters is located in MN and they do not care about Amsterdam Printing, only the bottom line. The owner is a billionaire Glen Taylor, they do not care about people and families. Only million dollar bonuses they receive while they pay us $20,000 a year. You cannot work at this job if you have a family and kids or you will be forced to be on welfare. They waste millions and millions of dollars in reprints, credits and a poor marketing team. All this waste could be cleaned up with better management in place so others can get a pay increase not just the higher ups.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Horrible pay, no room for advancement, terrible management.
productive and fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 28, 2015
Great atmosphere and good pay great benefits. basic day at work was answering calls and receiving mail orders. social coworkers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
traveling time
Productive work place, very fun and always something to do
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYNovember 9, 2014
I learned a lot of computer skills and more phone skills, worked with great people. Its a fast pace to work many opportunities to move up with the company
Pros
Lots of work todo
Cons
short breaks
Productive place to work with good management.
Pre-Press Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 11, 2013
A typical day at Amsterdam is spent setting up customers artwork for printing. Receiving problem orders from production, fixing and returning. With an occasional meeting thrown in throughout the week. I learned everything I know about Adobe Creative Suite at Amsterdam. Management could use a little more knowledge of PrePress department. My day shift co-workers are great, while the 2nd shift workers are young and don't understand work ethic. The hardest part of my job is having a slow day with not many jobs to complete. The sense of accomplishment is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good co-workers, decent benefits
Cons
not up to par equipment, vacation scheduling