Amtec Employee Reviews

learned about how the system worked for those in need.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 17, 2018
i was able to learn first hand how much effort it took to assist those in need. as well as understand how i can help myself while helping others in need too.I learned codes and file numbers that target specific needs.
Pros
helping others in need. learning self help ideas and plans. getting the chance to work for a living.
Temp Agency
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMarch 10, 2018
They contacted me for a job with the County of Orange and I got hired immediately and that is how Amtec and I found each other. I would work for them again.
Good people just no advancment
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
I was surveying sewer lines so you could imagine what kind of things I was working with. The people in the company were good and pay was fair. I would have had no opportunity to advance or move up unless someone passed.
Pros
great pay, good hours
Cons
no advancment, nasty
A positive work enviroment,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 18, 2017
Highly motivated, skillful and dedicated professional with over 16 years experience in the coordination, planning, and support of daily operational and administrative functions.
Pros
motivation
Cons
detail-oriented
Great job
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 8, 2017
The place was very fast pace but great to work for. It's hard work but you learn so much. I loved working for the company until they closed. Very recommended.
Pros
Great place to work for.
Telecommunications/Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDMarch 31, 2017
Daily installations with tv, phone, and internet contract work. Learned how to be more productive. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the management that always messes up you pay.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
Bad mamagement
great place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 26, 2017
people that work there make you feel welcomed! i wish i was on 1st tho, 3rd shift was a little hard for me esp having a 2 year old to take care of but i found a job that was a little closer to home and 1st shift but this place was awesome f i could i would go back but on first shift.
great company
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 9, 2017
learned a lot from this compay that jump started my career. I was encouraged to do better and continue my education. really enjoyed the opportunity and willingness to train me.
Boring. Sat all day
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 8, 2016
Want for me. Back continuously hurting due to sitting. No windows. Hard to breath. Only two 12 minute breaks. Hazardous equipment. A few people got cancer after working there
Warehouse Lead Asst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 1, 2016
Was a good place to work if you didn't mind lifting ladders all day long.

Installed and serviced customers cable systems
was a fun job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDApril 12, 2016
i had love that job and the people i had work with work there for seven years ,trail alot of people also to do the job the right way
Pros
everything
Cons
everything
Competitive USG contract environment. Restrictive front office facility hrs.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 27, 2016
Typical day began with calls/texts/emails from OEM facilities as early as 4:30 am. After arriving to the facility by 8 am, 50% of each day would be spent in meetings or on conference calls to resolve new or ongoing issues supporting multiple contracts. 35% of the day spent on keeping up with e-mail traffic on multiple programs and responding to immediate concerns. Last 35% of each day spent on updating ongoing project documentation and supporting quality, manufacturing, piece part and ballistic facility issues. (Math is correct - 120% of time was expected each day). Due to budget constraints phone/computer equipment/software was falling behind industry norms. Because of this, employees were not using current hardware. Management is trying to keep the business alive amidst changing USG ammunition forecasts. Co-workers are mostly riding their present positions out; many have not worked in other industries. Hardest portion of the job was not being kept in the loop on technical issues in a timely fashion - details were forwarded to me only after my manager found I had not been included to proper e-mail distribution as needed. This happened daily. Got to deal with very professional entities at many different facilities and in many states. Other outside companies that I dealt with directly on certain contracts were very pleased with my technical expertise and program management abilities.
Pros
Qtrly food events for the entire company - both 1st and 2nd shift, Dental through MetLife.
Cons
Healthcare system is minimal, Restrictive Front office area - not open on weekends, or for extended daily hrs., No opportunities for outside training - no time available, Too many contracts for the resources available.
Well compensated
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Western USOctober 19, 2015
Prefer Emmployer/Employee relationship rather than 1099. Parts of the corporation sold. Excellent management and employee skils. No longer a growth business structure.
Favorite job
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJune 15, 2015
I worked alone and at my own pace. I received tips daily from customers and I loved what I did. Didn't really care for the weather conditions
Pros
worked alone
Cons
weather
Fast pace environment
Business Class Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 15, 2015
Tough dealing with customers that get sold the everything and promised all they ask for, but when I show up I clearly can only do what I am trained and hired for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
60-80 hours a week
good company
Master Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2015
AMTEC is a Great company to work for.
They have Great Benefits, good insurance and lots of friendly people working at AMTEC. We work on a lot of Robotic contracts all over Alabama and surrounding areas. We also build and sell miniteck safety fences.
Pros
Great company with hard working people
Cons
Not enough information given to empoyees
Light work for the Pay
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 25, 2014
Its very easy work for the pay just not mentally stimulating.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Not Mentally Stimulating
fun workplace but really fast paced
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 10, 2014
a typical day consist of walking in the door and clocking in then sitting down at where you were assigned to and working really fast you couldn't talk that much and the lunch breaks were very short and you couldn't get up that much or the manager would yell at you
Pros
Na
Cons
Short breaks, short bathroom breaks
not hard but time consuming
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJanuary 16, 2014
go in early, get off late with good pay but the wait time for dispatch was ridiculous, not all of the equipment worked and its not always somewhere to store extra
Cons
long hours, slow dispatch.
Great environment
Machinery Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 6, 2013
If you like to work with machinery, this is a great place to work as for the management is very respectful to thier employees! The only problem that I have seen with the company is they lay people off quite frequently!