Amtel, LLC
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Amtel, LLC Employee Reviews

United States62 reviews

It was decent.

Set boundaries with the management so you don’t feel overwhelmed with task. Understand you are only as good as your manager. If you are struggling speak up

Pros

The money

Cons

The lack of boundaries. They will send you to different store locations if you are not producing.

Good pay. Good ways to move up. Toxic sale work culture where sales are more important than helping the customer

The pay was excellent and I love my co-workers. It was nice to help customers and talk to them about what they needed. I didn't like that I was pressured into making sales when I thought it was necessary, like trying to get an 80-year-old grandma who is struggling to pay her phone bill to get phone insurance.

Amtel, LLC insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Overworked. Underpaid. Taken Advantage Of

Will forever be grateful for the skill I’ve learned during this job and the people I’ve meet. That being said, Amtel blows. Currently the company is trying to cut costs and doing so by slashing retail employees commission checks into nothing with impossible commission structures all while making it impossible for managers to hit goals and get their bonuses as well. Base pay for a Mobile Expert is laughable compared to a corporate store with promises of a review for a raise never being meet. Management is unmotivated to do their jobs due to their bonuses getting cut and stores are constantly understaffed due to no one wanting to work for their measly base pay when fast food joints pay more. That results in the few staff in the stores being burned out and overworked. This company is only good for the hourly at this point so if you’re looking for that then go right ahead but if you’re a motivated individual wanting to get their foot in sales and learn the skills they need to do so look elsewhere.

Pros

Good Relation with Coworkers, Relaxed Worked Environment

Cons

Pay, Lack of Company Wide Motivation, Upper Managment, Overtime

Run Fast

Horrible place to work. Your commission check will never be correct. Market Manager spreads rumors and lies. The HR department is a joke! No one In upper management cares.

Awful

This company is awful. Treats and pays you like you’re disgusting. I worked for this company for 18 months and was the best and one of the longest standing employees for my area and I got treated like dirt on the bottom of their shoes. Did way more than what I was paid for and never got appreciated. They didn’t care if you were sick, dealing with a death, anything. They will treat you like you’re nothing.

This company blows

Low pay, too many hours and zero direction. This company I’ll bring in new people at higher rates of pay while leaving their performing managers overworked, understaffed and underpaid.

Passed up twice for promotion when having the right qualities

Was passed up twice for promotion been through two managers since I been here store isn’t very busy it’s slow on a good month you might make a decent bonus in pay but highly doubtful

Overworked and unappreciated

Run from this company. Lies about training there is none. Leadership is more concerned about money than development. Fraud And unethical behavior’s are the norm. Huge turn over always short staffed

Pros

Cons

toxic work environment

Work for corporate T-mobile instead

It was great when I started first with the company. With covid everything started to go downhill. Upper management has no idea what goes on inside each stores. They will treat you well as long they need you. Once you make a mistake they don't take time to replace you. Have learnt many skills from here but will never go back to work with this company.

The job has some amazing people working there but upper managment can sometimes be a pain

I’ve been working at Amtel for 2 years and started off loving it. Did a great job around COVID and keeping jobs. Amtel Has been going down hill recently

Don’t Do It

Terrible company to work for. They find every reason not to pay out commission while expecting you to work 50-70 hours a week. Will also pressure you not to report a positive code test.

You could do way better

So I started working in Amtel when they bought out the company where I used to work. In comparison to my older company, they comission is kinda trash and they micromanage you way more than they should. If you don't know any better I guess this could be the right fit for you

Pros

Its pretty chill

Cons

Trash comission

Ambiente de ventas

te dan el beneficio de descuento en las lines telefonicas, el salario es poco y tienes comisiones por ventas

Pros

desuento en loneas de telefono

Fun and chill

Goals are dumb and unrealistic and barely get paid commission for our work and after constant reminder of this to upper management management they still don’t do anything about it

Gotta be mentally tough and money hungry

It’s a easy gig once you learn what makes you money. You can make some good money here if you focus and stay consistent. You gotta be motivated. T-Mobile sells its self and isn’t the worst place to be like everyone makes it seem, if anything it’s better than the other phone companies especially the promotions. You gotta work hard like any other job to get the pay you feel you deserve especially when it comes to commission. Customers are sometimes rude and demanding and think your trying to screw them over half the time but in reality you’re just doing your job. Salesman are humans too and are here to help you.

Pros

Employee discount. Working with great exclusive high end products everyday.

Cons

Gotta have patience. Hourly should be a little more for the work we do.

Awesome place to work

No real cons of this job. It's easy to learn if you have prior sales experience. I was here for a little over 6 months before I transfered to a different job.

Pay

You will make 10x more money at corporate. You work 10x harder here then you will at corporate as well. Upper management does not care about you or security. They only care about your numbers. I worked there for 5 years and ever since the new owners and management it went down jill. You have to work 0292010x harder to get any decent money. Discrepancies come and take your money. You order stuff tjat your store needs and you will never receive responses. People can come and rob you and they still won’t give you any type of security. They handled covid really poorly. They made you come to work regardless if you have been in contact with someone positive or even had symptoms yourself. The head owners are just money hungry. They don’t care about anything. I won’t even get started on regional management. If you are thinking about working for T-Mobile. GO TO CORPORATE. WAAAAY BETTER BENEFITS AND PAY YOU 10x MORE!! They don’t even Match you on your 401k

Pay

U there for a job you won’t make commission you there to get some money you will make commission. Let that sink in.. I’ve worked there for over 2years

Job will be more fun with more break time

its ok and fun to work. people are fun and helpful. Culture is well established and delivered in a good way. Wish there will be overtime-paid so that people can fully focus on the job when needed.

Don’t do it

This job will drain you mentally and physically.. you stand ALL day, you get maximum 30 hours, and when you have questions or concerns about anything going on, they say it will be handled but nothing changes. Pay isn’t that great either..

Pros

Still looking

Cons

Literally everything..

Too stressful

they are very quick to throw you under bus. they move like more corporate than as a family. they just shorten hours to 30 max a hours for store reps. As a manager there is no work life balance even on your off day you have to worry about your sales.

Pros

stable income

Cons

too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amtel, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight