Amtrak Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 488 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEOWilliam J. Flynn66%approve of William J. Flynn's performance
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenue$1B to $5B (USD)
- IndustryTransportation & Logistics
- HeadquartersWashington, DC
You’re seeing all 380 jobs at Amtrak because we can’t find any available jobs at Amtrak close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 1.1K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Amtrak have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 317 questions about working at Amtrak. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Amtrak employees.
Insights from 273 Indeed users who have interviewed with Amtrak within the last 5 years.
It varies for each job.
Was I familiar with railroad rules and operations. Was I safety conscious?
Opportunities for advancement? What expectations are there of me of them? How do they view/handle new training?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Amtrak?Published on May 24, 2021