AmTrust Financial Employee Reviews

Amturst Financial work place
Software Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhOctober 12, 2018
Typical work day involves creating and executing test cases. Its a laid back type atmosphere with the most friendliest employees, everyone helps out each other. They have fun type activities to keep us motivated.
Stressful
Title Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 30, 2018
Poor Management, don't care about employees. Stressful environment. Communication with employees can be better. Great place to meet new people, and gain experience
Productivity driven workplace which makes each day interesting.
Claims Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 16, 2018
AmTrust fosters a competitive work environment. The company culture supports growth and promotion from within. Diversity is a priority for the company. AmTrust management supports and open door policy.
It's a great company to start your path on business field. The benefits are great.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
If you are a new employee, you could feel that you are dealing with a lot of tasks. However, after a couple of weeks you can manage your time wisely so you can succeed with all the projects.
Coworkers are great. Normally, it's a quite area, so, you can focus on your work.
Stressful and unpredictable
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2018
The job roles and responsibilities seemed to change from week to week. The work atmosphere has become really toxic. The most enjoyable part of working here is working is the people you get to work with.
Poor Management and No Job Advancement Options
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 8, 2018
When I first started this was a good place to work. Somewhere within a short amount of time it became more and more difficult. Employees are not valued for their skill set and performance. In other words, don't bother doing more than the bare minimum because it's not worth it. Management is only interested in doing what's right for the company, not their employees and definitely not their customers.

The job itself is not difficult but management is beyond petty as they create ridiculous policies and procedures that your make your job difficult. Forget about job advancement because it doesn't exist. The PTO is good but you can never use it. Benefits are good and that's a plus. High turnover in customer service for a reason.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, Undervalued, No Work/Life Balance, Lack of Advancement
awesome place to work
Bell & Howell Inserter Operator (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I loved my job in all ways, very sorry to have to go. Hope maybe when they get things back on track, i'll be asked to come back.Best part of the job was the people, we all got along quite well, especially the management.
Great Company
Underwriter (Multi- States) (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
Great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Flexible employer. Relaxed, non-stressful, good management team in place along with a good tech infrastructure.
Good company
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 28, 2018
Good opportunity for insurance professionals at all levels. National opportunities; good support from Cleveland Support center; Doing good things for employees.
Pros
training
Cons
a lot of travel sometimes
Too many conflicts of interest
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2018
AmTrust would be the perfect place of business if there weren't so many conflict of interest situations. The managers I've had have both had their outside friends working alongside them in the departments. These friends are their favorites. They're treated much better than the rest of the staff and they think they're entitled. The friends basically run the departments and it's not fair. The friends are the ones who receive the bonus checks and the career advancements and this issue is extremely common at AmTrust.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Healthcare Conflicts of interest
Good luck!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2018
My time at AmTrust was good. They created a career path for me and supported my volunteer opportunities outside of the organization. The work-life balanced culture they created was good, and I was grateful for the flexibility to work remotely during inclement weather conditions.
Pros
Ability to work remotely.
Cons
Nepotism was considered over experienced professionals that were more deserving and qualified, newer & older managers have a poor and dated style of managing, No one is held accountable for their unethical behavior.
located at Buiilders and Tradesmen
Builders and Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 25, 2018
This company made us work overtime without pay. They get away with this by classifying their underwriters as exempt employees this is a mis classification.
Not a great place
IT Program manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44114July 25, 2018
Unless you are related to someone you won't move up. Management care about themselves more than the company and pay will always fluctuate. The job is short term at best.
Solid company and a lot of work.
Software Engineer Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2018
Can not maintain work life balance. I have a good manager but his inability to slow down the inflow of work that comes in and maintain the one we have has taken me over the edge. Also, the inability of justifying more resources has strained the team.
Pros
Relax dress code.
Cons
Can not work 40 hours a week.
good job
Loss Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2018
this was a fast paced environment with good benefits. Team work was important and highly valued. A typical day consisted of reviewing documents, proof reading and communicating with adjusters.
Management is not Professional
Claims Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 4, 2018
Negative vibe from management which carries on to the employees. Too much he say she say. brown nosing to get no where. HR is worthless. Management uses their position to keep you from getting promoted if you speak out or disagree with them. They will black ball you and tell lies to other departments to keep them from hiring you. Then they pick at everything you do.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Pay
Used to be a great place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
This company used to be a fun place to work at, but now the morale is so low and it's your stereotypical sweatshop. They took away our cubes and privacy and no more on-site CE classes. The staff there has a lot of great, senior level people that are so helpful. I hope they don't lose these great people
Pros
Still some great mentors there, variety of claims
Cons
Parking lot, auditing system, long work hours
good working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJune 2, 2018
I enjoyed most people I came into contact with. It was a pleasant working environment. I did not leave by choice. I was part of a reductionl in workforce after the Christmas Holiday. We had no idea we were being let go until the day it happened. The entire company was dismissed early so that we could not say good bye to our co-workers. They offered a fair compensation package.
Pros
Great People and terrific Technical Support
Cons
Work flow was not steady. I was bored at times.
Lack of focus, leadership destroys morale and culture
Vice President Digital Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
I spent less than a year at AmTrust in their marketing department as a Vice President, until I left. The poor morale, negative back-talking, incompetent leadership, and lack of focus within the marketing department and at the company was highly unprofessional.

This company has been dealing w/ negative press for years, namely in reference to their financial viability (i.e., long-term SEC investigation into their financial practices). There is no culture, or effort to create one from department or firm leaders.

Life is too short to work for or even consider working for this sinking ship, which, in my opinion, will not exist in 3-5 years.
Pros
Free lunches at NYC office, pockets of smart/driven people but have no say (or are frightened) to speak-up.
Cons
Best advice? Just stay away from this toxic company.
Unhappy place, weak management, weak HR, chaos
Program Manager I (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
The only thing going for the company is that they pay well and provide good benefits. They do not have a strong management, culture is different based on who is your boss. They are not collaborative and it is a top down approach, Evaluations are of no value, something to get it done. No goal setting or career tracks or promotions from within. There is a very high turnover and layoffs done in secret. The only way the company attracts talent is by paying well but then they cannot keep the talent because they treat them so unfairly, do not communicate vision, plan work or have a positive team culture.
Pros
company plans health education and promotions for sport events. Decent health care, good vacations and 18 holidays!
Cons
turn over, communication at mid level management is rare, goal setting and education are non-existent