AmTrust Financial Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
good job
Loss Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2018
this was a fast paced environment with good benefits. Team work was important and highly valued. A typical day consisted of reviewing documents, proof reading and communicating with adjusters.
Management is not Professional
Claims Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 4, 2018
Negative vibe from management which carries on to the employees. Too much he say she say. brown nosing to get no where. HR is worthless. Management uses their position to keep you from getting promoted if you speak out or disagree with them. They will black ball you and tell lies to other departments to keep them from hiring you. Then they pick at everything you do.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Pay
Used to be a great place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
This company used to be a fun place to work at, but now the morale is so low and it's your stereotypical sweatshop. They took away our cubes and privacy and no more on-site CE classes. The staff there has a lot of great, senior level people that are so helpful. I hope they don't lose these great people
Pros
Still some great mentors there, variety of claims
Cons
Parking lot, auditing system, long work hours
good working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJune 2, 2018
I enjoyed most people I came into contact with. It was a pleasant working environment. I did not leave by choice. I was part of a reductionl in workforce after the Christmas Holiday. We had no idea we were being let go until the day it happened. The entire company was dismissed early so that we could not say good bye to our co-workers. They offered a fair compensation package.
Pros
Great People and terrific Technical Support
Cons
Work flow was not steady. I was bored at times.
Lack of focus, leadership destroys morale and culture
Vice President Digital Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
I spent less than a year at AmTrust in their marketing department as a Vice President, until I left. The poor morale, negative back-talking, incompetent leadership, and lack of focus within the marketing department and at the company was highly unprofessional.

This company has been dealing w/ negative press for years, namely in reference to their financial viability (i.e., long-term SEC investigation into their financial practices). There is no culture, or effort to create one from department or firm leaders.

Life is too short to work for or even consider working for this sinking ship, which, in my opinion, will not exist in 3-5 years.
Pros
Free lunches at NYC office, pockets of smart/driven people but have no say (or are frightened) to speak-up.
Cons
Best advice? Just stay away from this toxic company.
Unhappy place, weak management, weak HR, chaos
Program Manager I (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
The only thing going for the company is that they pay well and provide good benefits. They do not have a strong management, culture is different based on who is your boss. They are not collaborative and it is a top down approach, Evaluations are of no value, something to get it done. No goal setting or career tracks or promotions from within. There is a very high turnover and layoffs done in secret. The only way the company attracts talent is by paying well but then they cannot keep the talent because they treat them so unfairly, do not communicate vision, plan work or have a positive team culture.
Pros
company plans health education and promotions for sport events. Decent health care, good vacations and 18 holidays!
Cons
turn over, communication at mid level management is rare, goal setting and education are non-existent
Very poor place to work
Business Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2018
Management and fellow employees are miserable and don't have any pride in their jobs. Managers are lazy and unprofessional. I remember being on a conference call and my manager spent the whole time drawing pictures.
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed my short time with Amtrust. I wish they would have had a telecommuting option. There were too many layers to try and get any sort of authority and the reserve levels were low.
Good learning experience and positive environment
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2018
Good opportunity for Jr. SQL DBA position.supportive and goal oriented management.Sometimes little challenging to handle multiple tasks in rush hours.
Innovative and knowledgeable experience
Summer Intern - Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 22, 2018
I was hired by AmTrust Financial Services, located at the New Jersey Location from 9-5. I worked in the IT department reviewing and processing incoming invoices daily, I learned a lot and the management style was excellent they promoted team work, morale and culture. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning adapting to the program used. Lastly the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the work culture and getting experience in the field.
Dynamic Orangization
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2018
Good place to work, lots of changes through acquisitions, employee benefits are always improving as the company becomes more stable and successful, a lot of opportunities for mid-level professional advancement.
Pros
lots of vacation time associated around religious holidays
Management is horrible
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2018
The company needs to vet their managers more. Some managers abuse their positions and use them as a way to isolate certain groups for "slack work" that will never led to professional growth in the company or in the role. While they make certain to make sure their lunch buddies have every resource available to advance their careers. It's almost equivalent to a start up company.
Cons
Poor management
Amtrust is a great workplace
Level 2 Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 9, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Amtrust they have provided me with so much flexibility to live my life the way we want pay has been more than fair. Strong leadership
Pros
Management allows you to do your job
Cons
Insurance is expensive but they have it.
Great entry level job
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
I like the fast pace, the people and benefits. The customers are the most difficult you will every work with. 2% salary increase isn't enough to stay. The constant buying and selling of divisions, makes for a very unstable working environment.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Horrible customers
management needs revision
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 4, 2018
the human resource department makes up their own policies does not follow protocol and they give you way more work than what you applied for and does not increase your salary
Cons
they deny your days off even when you have time
Terrible, terrible company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 29, 2018
Pay is awful, benefits are ho-hum at best. Management is not great. Lot's of politics and micromanaging. Generally, just a very unhappy place. Definitely would not recommend. Some places understand there is a give and take in a employee / employer relationship. This is one of the places where they only take. Only upside, you get a lot of PTO. You will need it for mental recovery.
Pros
Lots of PTO
Cons
Poor compensation, ho hum benefits.
A good starting place
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2018
AmTrust is a good place for people right out of college to start a career or to take a job while looking for another one. There is almost no opportunity for growth. They laid off 20% of IT in Cleveland in January 2018. The management is terrible and some jobs require you to work both days and nights (with no scheduled time compensation or overtime).

I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Ability to work remotely (depending on job)
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Opportunity
Help Desk Call Center
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2018
The call center is what you think it is; users will call in asking for basic assistance ranging from unlocking an account and setting up a printer, to annoying things like asking to setup their home wifi (Which you dont have to do)

Overall its a mixed bag, good days and bad days.

I personally did not like the managers, they have their favorites and its obvious.
Good benefits
SENIOR PREMIUM AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2018
The company has excellent benefits for employees. Some supervisors and managers provider more professional development then others. Overall good work life balance.
Not a bad place to work in, but the company is going through restructuring causing employees to be constantly worried about their job safety
Software Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 10, 2018
Manage the project and the processes that the team are supposed to follow in the new agile methodology and during their daily activities.
Make sure projects and deployments are being implemented within the agreed timelines.