AmTrust Financial Employee Reviews

Needs to pay fairly
Underwriter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2019
Amtrust is not a terrible place to work. The company does not value its employees. It is a flexible place to work and the comradery is good. I've worked here for a long time now and I would love to see changes soon.
October 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It is important to us that our employees feel supported, please reach out to us at AmTrustEmployeeCenter@amtrustgroup.com.

Good place to work.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2019
It was a very nice place to work. However, there was no job security unless you knew someone. Unreasonable goals were set making it a little stressful in trying to meet your monthly percentage rate.
October 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. As you may know, we have recently undergone a restructuring, resulting in an efficient framework of management with clearer accountabilities. We are reviewing the entire organization to ensure we are aligned with our strategic vision and have the right structure to deliver on it. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. Thank you again and we wish you all the best in your future.

Great company, poor management team.
SharePoint Architect (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2019
Amtrust was a very aggressive company, and the people were very skilled and at times overworked. Management team was not very focused on their people only the financial bottom line. Caused many to jump ship to other companies.
October 4, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to transparency -- providing information as it becomes available. AmTrust Forward is an organization-wide program to sharpen AmTrust's focus and leverage our unique strengths to be a leading provider of specialty commercial P&C products and services globally. It is also about simplifying our organization's structure, which will empower people and improve the decision-making process. We are reviewing the entire organization to ensure we are aligned with our strategic vision and have the right structure to deliver on it. We wish you all the best in the future.

Good forward vision
AVP - A Technical Department (Former Employee) –  unknownSeptember 19, 2019
The company has a solid forward vision . They started as a small WC underwriting company and grew exponentially through acquisition into a large multi-national. They have decided to re-focus on its roots and work hard on developing their small WC accounts.
Pros
solid forward business plans
October 4, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As you may know, we have recently undergone a restructuring, resulting in an efficient framework of management with clearer accountabilities. We are reviewing the entire organization to ensure we are aligned with our strategic vision and have the right structure to deliver on it. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. Thank you again and we wish you all the best in your future.

It started off well...
Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2019
I worked for the company for a couple of years. I was able to watch all of the changes that were made as management changed. Not all of the changes were good. Due to many of those changes, the company lost a lot of employees, especially in the Chicago office. The benefits were not all that great. You pay a lot for insurance (PPO & HMO... I had both during my time there). They expect a lot from you with very little reward. In the beginning, we had great staff morale and activities. Over the years it declined as they took away the few perks we had.

Overall, great learning company but I would not recommend planning to stay. You will certainly get the experience.
Pros
Great place for learning
Cons
Healthcare costs, company events are trash now, poor management
September 16, 2019

Change
Business Systems Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2019
Constantly changing environment. Several layoffs. I was laid off when IT was outsourced. 30 minute lunches. Jewish holidays observed as well as National and Christian.
September 16, 2019

No room for growth or advancement
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 26, 2019
I do not have anything nice to say about this place. There are a few minute details that I can say were a nice advantage of working there but other than that they shouldn't even be in business!
August 27, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. We have recently undergone a restructuring, resulting in an efficient framework of management with clearer accountabilities. We are reviewing the entire organization to ensure we are aligned with our strategic vision and have the right structure to deliver on it. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. Thank you again for sharing. It is important to us that our employees feel supported, please reach out to us at AmTrustEmployeeCenter@amtrustgroup.com.

If you are into business Amtrust is the job for you
Mail Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDAugust 24, 2019
Always dress for business in any business type job. Make sure you ask them does this job advance, also make sure they give raises/increase every year.
August 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. We wish you the best in the future.

Overall great place, but very stressfull depending on the dept.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2019
Great place overall as far as benefits and location, but get ready to be stressed out and work long hours depending on department. It helps if you have a laptop to work from home.
Pros
Plenty of free coffee, tea, coco, ect....
Cons
Winters can be very harsh downtown Cleveland
August 26, 2019

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your experience at AmTrust. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. It is important to us that our employees feel supported, please reach out to us at AmTrustEmployeeCenter@amtrustgroup.com we’d like to know more about your concerns.

Great company and great benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2019
I have worked for AmTrust for 4 years and I have enjoyed my time there. I have received a raise every year and a promotion after I worked there 3 years. Love the work environment and flexibility.
August 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It means a great deal to hear feedback from our employees. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort.

Was alright, laid back
Claims (Former Employee) –  UsaAugust 16, 2019
Claims are claims. Good work life balance here but then again, I suppose it depends on which dept you're in. Coworkers are nice/friendly for the most part. However, the company went through a "change" and it effected everyone even though they assured everyone initially that it wouldn't.
Pros
Dress down, Schedule, work life balance, decent start pay, nice coworkers
Cons
No free lunches or events like norm insurance jobs, Due to company changes, things got a bit "shaky" for lack of a better word, Also no advancement
August 20, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We encourage all feedback and sincerely appreciate your perspective. AmTrust Forward is an organization-wide program to sharpen AmTrust's focus and leverage our unique strengths to be a leading provider of specialty commercial P&C products and services globally. It is also about simplifying our organization's structure, which will empower people and improve the decision-making process. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. We wish you nothing but the best in the future.

It began as a fun place to work, but then restructuring took place and it was no longer enjoyable.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2019
When I first started it was a great place to work. Over the past two years there has been restructuring and the whole atmosphere changed. It was very stressful.
August 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to transparency -- providing information as it becomes available. AmTrust Forward is an organization-wide program to sharpen AmTrust's focus and leverage our unique strengths to be a leading provider of specialty commercial P&C products and services globally. It is also about simplifying our organization's structure, which will empower people and improve the decision-making process. We are reviewing the entire organization to ensure we are aligned with our strategic vision and have the right structure to deliver on it. Thank you again for sharing and we wish you the best in the future.

Ok workplace
Mail Room Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHAugust 6, 2019
Its a great job depending on the department your shooting for. By the way, Job advancement is not guaranteed. Expect new Hires to get paid more than you as well.
August 9, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s reviews like this that help us become a better company.

Great advancement opportunities
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2019
This is a great company to work for if you want to advance, but you have to do your part and work hard to get there. The people and atmosphere is great, someone is always willing to help. We received several extra days off through the year and if you are salary you will have the option to either work from home 3 days a week or do the 10/4 schedule.
August 9, 2019

Poor poor company to work for. Glad I’m out,, poor poor management.
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 1, 2019
Workload is awful. Managers who don’t know what they are doing and play favorites. This is for the Liability Managers in Concord CA. Don’t waste your time or career here.
August 9, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. We have recently undergone a restructuring, resulting in an efficient framework of management with clearer accountabilities. We are reviewing the entire organization to ensure we are aligned with our strategic vision and have the right structure to deliver on it. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. Thank you again for sharing and we wish you the best in the future.

Productive IT Environment with highly skilled Systems Engineers
Global IT Director of System Engineering (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job at Amtrust is my team and peers. Everybody is always willing to jump in and help when needed which has built an excellent workplace culture in our environment. We recently went from public to private which brought layoffs and attrition in the environment which has shaken a lot of great people but we are doing everything possible to retain good talent.
Pros
Highly skilled employees and peers and always available to assist
Cons
Recent layoffs has affected employee trust in leadership
August 9, 2019

Nepotism, Nepotism and lots of it.
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 27, 2019
No room for advancement due to management hiring friends and families who are less qualified for positions. This company is a sinking ship! Look elsewhere!
July 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to transparency -- providing information as it becomes available. AmTrust Forward is an organization-wide program to sharpen AmTrust's focus and leverage our unique strengths to be a leading provider of specialty commercial P&C products and services globally. It is also about simplifying our organization's structure, which will empower people and improve the decision-making process. We are reviewing the entire organization to ensure we are aligned with our strategic vision and have the right structure to deliver on it. It is important to us that our employees feel supported, please reach out to us at AmTrustEmployeeCenter@amtrustgroup.com.

Decent place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2019
Company has great vacation time, but that is where the positivity ends. No training or career advancement. A lot of young people with little to no people skills. Our benefits package isn't very good. Overall a decent starter job but for seasoned and experienced job seekers wouldn't recommend.
July 29, 2019

I do like working for AmTrust
Claim Adjuster III/ General Liability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 24, 2019
I do like working for AmTrust, work life balance is a big plus. My direct supervisor is fantastic. I work from home most of the week. The work is challenging and diverse. My pending is appropriate. I am respected.
July 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. Its reviews like this that help us become a better company.

Many changes on the rise
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2019
Mgmt has revamped, restructured, and cleaned- house. Amtrust will likely become more efficient as a result. Mgmt is rather cold, and provides the mentality that everyone is replaceable.
July 22, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We encourage all feedback and sincerely appreciate your perspective. AmTrust Forward is an organization-wide program to sharpen AmTrust's focus and leverage our unique strengths to be a leading provider of specialty commercial P&C products and services globally. It is also about simplifying our organization's structure, which will empower people and improve the decision-making process. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. It is important to us that our employees feel supported, please reach out to us at AmTrustEmployeeCenter@amtrustgroup.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmTrust Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AmTrust Financial.

Powered by Comparably