Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Employee Reviews

Corporate machine
Staff Division Order Analyst ~ Wattenberg Field (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2019
Big corporations have their role in the world. This cookie didn't fit the cookie cutter. My boss didn't like my ideas especially when they were out of the box.
Best company I've ever worked for!
Sr. Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 14, 2019
APC cares greatly about the employee, the work level can be intense but the perks are incredible.
They are also very involved with community which is important.
The people are dynamic and always looking to work smart, not hard.
Pros
Flex time
Excellent Company to grow with
Foreman (Former Employee) –  FieldFebruary 21, 2019
Work environment fast passed but yet collaborative. We worked as a team but yet given the freedom to make decision, fail but yet learn from them. Company was changing prior to my departure.
Pros
Bennifits
good/ well organized establishment
Dishwasher/ Cook (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Fast paced environment, really pretty building structure and interior, filled with hard working people who have a vision of being successful, would definitely look into a job here.
Pros
health/ dental benefits, free food
Cons
stressful at times
This was one of the best jobs I ever had!
Administrative Assistant and Geoscience Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 5, 2019
The culture promoted education, collaboration, communication, professionalism, networking, and technology. The administrative and technology support for all departments was impressive.
Pros
Education benefits.
Cons
Really didn't have any!
Good team environment.
Facilities Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Managers provided training and Always helping new hire Ops.

Tough locations in the Permian Basin. Company took extra steps to be sure we had what we needed for the job
Great company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Recommend as a great company to work for, if you can get in - lots of applicants for nearly every position means stiff competition. And not many want to leave, so opportunities can be scarce.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, atmosphere.
Cons
Little growth/advancement, no one wants to leave; wait for someone to retire or get fired. Some Mgmt could improve.
Workforce and fun
Supply Base/Logistics Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2019
I have got a wonderful experience with the company and learned a lot in the logistics operations. had online training with insider network sessions.
Sheared experiences and faced challenges with specifics works.
Cordinated jobs with clients and suppliers.
I was located in the West Africa drilling operations precisely in Ivory Coast.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Coffee breaks
Great place at first
Consultant (Contract) former employee (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Loved working for Anadarko until a change in management.
This guy is still there, and treats people very badly. They are all scared of him. Would go back today if that guy was gone.
Pros
coworkers are great
Cons
Boss the very worst
Senior Land Analyst
Senior Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Reviewed and interpreted lease provisions and contract terms. Analyzed various leases, deeds, mineral records, operating agreements, and title opinions.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Politica
It wasn't what I expected
Senior Right of Way Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 15, 2019
There was never any feedback about my performance or any guidance to know exactly what was expected. Local management was all male and the only other woman in the office was a troublemaker who disliked me.
Pros
The office was close to where I lived.
Cons
Too many to explain
Pace varied each day.
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 8, 2019
I implemented several programs while I worked at Anadarko. I was the team lead for the 9/80 Work Life Balance Program. I loved this project because I learned a lot about payroll, other companies, management thinking, etc.

Management was harder to reach because of the many layers in the organization.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
There were always rumors of layoffs!!
Loved working there
Sr. Staff Marketing Operation Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2018
Anadarko was a great company to work for. Loved working for them. Great benefits. Good leadership. They really seemed to care about their employees.
Pros
Compensation above average
Cons
Downsizing and consolidation. Reduces jobs.
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 12, 2018
Kept busy supporting general manager and his direct reports.. I learned a lot of geography with people traveling around the world. The people I worked with were very professional and highly educated.
Pros
9/80 work week with 7 weeks of paid vacation annually
Cons
Constant insusty change
Great work environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Good company to work for. Work life balance with 9/80 schedule for most. Compensation and benefits were decent........................................
Great work place if you don't mind being away from family
Offshore Mechanic/Operator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 5, 2018
Long days while you are working in the Gulf but the time off is amazing. Two weeks on and two weeks off with PTO. I knew nothing going to the production side but the people i worked with took the time to show me the ropes and hoe things flowed. Great group of people on the platform i worked on for five years.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Being away from your family for two weeks at a time
The best company to work for!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. Since I left, I have worked for several other companies, and this is still by far the best company I've worked for. However, from what I understand since leaving there, the management style has changed, and this has negatively affected the culture and employee morale. Even with that, I would still say this is one of the premier companies to work for, and I would definitely recommend this company.
Great employer
Senior Geoscience Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
Anadarko Petroleum provided many opportunities for advancement and varied work assignments. They provided a company sponsored gym and provided an in-house cafeteria. The 9/80 work program was an added benefit. At the time of my departure I was able to work 4 days a week which provided me a great transition to retirement.
Pros
9/80 and part time employment
Cons
Several company layoffs with the declining O&G industry
muy bueno
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mentone, TXOctober 25, 2018
todo excelente muy buen ambiente trabaje muy agusto ahi sin ningĂșn problema com nadie
Pros
no ahi
Cons
ninguno
Good Company to Work For
Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2018
I was a contractor, but I know the employees there really enjoy the company and the benefits the company offers. Great Oil and Gas company and leader in the field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss