Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Employee Reviews

different areas to work in
Sr. Staff Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2018
APC is very large corporate entity. Many changes, many employees. Could transfer to different areas, cities, travel abroad.
Attend college, work out.
Great Company, Poorly Managed
Custody Measurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COJune 13, 2018
I work as a Measurement Technician working on various Oil/Gas field locations. I have learned a lot of skills working with various types of Meters and learning about the fast pace, ever changing world of measurement.
The culture depends on what part of the company you work for, at the field level we feel there is a big disconnect from the Core Values Corporate preaches about. Office personnel seem to be really happy.
Hardest part of my job is communicating to management the most enjoyable part is all the great people I work with everyday.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Fantastic place to work
Gas Scheduling Intern (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 12, 2018
Wonderful company culture- truly unlike any other place I've worked!
The people I worked with helped me grow so much, and just in one summer. I left Anadarko with a professional confidence that I had never had. Working for Anadarko was such a pleasure & a blessing.
Pros
The people!
Cons
It was only for the summer!
Plant Operator II (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 7, 2018
Good Structure, great place to work
Learned a lot while working there. Had good management and bonuses. Benefits were great. Loved coming to work and doing my job.
Fast pace, cut throat, lots of experience to be gained. Must stay on top of your game
Safety Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mentone, TXMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed contractor management but the inspector team isn’t really a team. Keep your head down and don’t make waves and you’ll be alright. Keep your head on a swivel, high stakes, big money, people change.
Pros
Pay, experience, networking
Cons
Stressful, no family time, no job security.
Great Job. Great opportunities for skill enhancement
Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXMay 16, 2018
Offers great opportunities for advancement, skill enhancement, job challenges, proficient management, great benefits, beautiful offices and surrounding environments
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
ongoing changes to job procedures from management
PTO was nice, Perks available
Senior Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 16, 2018
I was laid off in 2016 along with a lot of people. Prior to the lay-off, I was pleased with the PTO allocation, supplemented café and the work environment. My manager at the time was out of touch with the support staff and could have used some managerial guidance. I am thankful that he didn't micromanage though. I probably would have stayed there if there hadn't been cut-backs.
Pros
Descent benefits
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyed my job
College Recruiting Lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 23, 2018
Great place to work, learned a lot in my 6 years from coworkers and my team. There's so many perks you can achieve at both of the buildings and if you take advantage take training.
Pros
gym
Great company
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTApril 11, 2018
Worked on contract, would love to work there again. Did some IT work and helped upgrade systems. Great manager and team members and great job to work on.
Interesting environment
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 8, 2018
... but needs more organization, with time will become a good place to work, a bit far from the city and crowded parking, friendly people, good mix of culture
Pros
growing and expanding
Cons
learning how to deal with a larger organization
It is a great company to learn and to gain oil and gas experience.
Field Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXApril 6, 2018
I enjoy working at Anadarko Petroleum. For the most part the people are great to work with. The work balance is awesome. They work you and your family needs and for the most part it is really laid back.
Good place
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 23, 2018
good place to work not very demanding. a little bit of the good ol boys system but if you get over that it the pay is good and there is a good work life balance
Fun but fast paced
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CO 80651March 18, 2018
Workin here was fun and exciting for the most part. Has it’s up and downs. Downside of it is all the meetings. It’s a good environmental experience to work outside and be home by 4 PM.
Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 7, 2018
Fun place to work with great opportunities for growth and development. Very friendly and accommodating staff, and located in a safe and beautiful neighborhood.
Pros
Growth potentials
Cons
Lots of contract work
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2018
Many challenges if you are willing to put in the work. Anadarko has great individuals as well as not so great individuals. I would recommend Anadarko to anyone wanting a rewarding career.
Great culture, Compensation, Atmosphere
Supply Chain Project Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2018
They had a policy that if asked a direct question in a meeting or whatever you are not allowed to respond that "That's the way it's always been done."
To put it another way, everyone's input matters and logic is more important than ego. That doesn't mean it's perfect, and I'm sure it varies from department to department but my experience was great.
Best company to have worked for
Sr. Staff IT Administrator (E&P Systems) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2018
The best years of my career were my first 15 years at Anadarko. They are a great E&P company and if it was not for the recent oil downturn in 2016, I would have loved to have stayed employed at Anadarko through retirement.
Pros
9/80 schedule
Cons
Good people doing good work.
Systems Consultant/Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COFebruary 5, 2018
The people, both contractors and employees, were wonderful to work for and with. The people were some of the highest quality individuals that I have ever worked with.
good place to work for
Developer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 4, 2018
i am contractor here.
but anyway it is a good place to work for employees.
a lot of things you can learn if you like.
besides, you will have a lot of meetings.
Liked the company until transferred to Texas
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMFebruary 1, 2018
Had to go to other Dept. to find out what new installs were coming up, but my Supervisor had time to ride me about little things and watch me on GPS and satellite. Had over 2 hours drive time no pay everyday. No structured training would have to call coworkers for help.
Pros
Pay, vacation
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.