Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
74Above average

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Employee Reviews

United States348 reviews
Get the intern offer before company has been sold.
But the company still arrange intern projects very well done.

Good mentor and manager, well-established intern program
Whilst working in the field as an inspector I had plenty opportunities to ensure quality and compliance to federal codes and standards. Under different project managers, not all vendors manufactured compliant to engineering and code requirements. Managers and project leads were not appointed to skill sets, but rather as friends or family. Vendor manufacturing was accepted as installed, overriding inspector findings and references. Their lack of understanding required code and specification resulted in inferior quality and reliability. Why upper management tolerated and sometimes supported these individuals is not understandable.
Pros
Great peers
Cons
Under qualified and inappropriate qualified project managers
Was a great company to work for as a third party contractor. Best company to work for in my 27 years in construction. All management and construction teams were very professional.
Anadarko was an amazing company hands down the best culture and the work environment I could ask for. They were as transparent as possible and walked the walk.
Pros
Safety first, work/ life balance
Cons
Bought out
Anadarko Petroleum was one of the largest independent oil exploration companies headquartered in the Houston area. They provided an amazing and exciting opportunities for all its employees during it's time.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This company was bought out and no longer exists. It was an amazing place to intern and I made some great connections that I continue to follow today.
I worked for Anadarko almost three years ago and I still have a sting when I think of the way I was treated there. Managers let people run rampant with their territorial behavior, huge lack of collaboration, lack of transparency. I would not go back to work there if they tripled my salary.
Pros
Flex hours, 4/80 schedule
Cons
Workplace Culture
Project engineers were good to work with and provide support to the third-party inspection team. The projects were organized. The company also implemented a safety culture which was well supported in the area I worked in.
I went from having a career to working for a place that people don't matter. Everything for this new company is about the bottom dollar and no one has value anymore
Pros
Pay is decent, benefits and time off are good
Cons
just a number, poor employee moral
loved working here great enviorment and i learned a ton about this place from the day that i started. I also grew in my job really fast and always had help when needed.
Pros
hours
Cons
Anadarko has been a really great place to work, treated like family. The workplace culture is excellent, most enjoyable part of my job is that we are treated like family all the time.
APC was fantastic. I'd have been content to spend the remainder of my career with the company. APC was acquired by Oxy in August 2019. As a result, the company was split, with the headquarters moving to Greenway Plaza with Oxy.
Wonderful place to work and people are awesome. I would recommend APC to anyone wanting to make a job change to apply for a job here. I have been very happy working here the past 2 plus years.
This company no longer exists. It was a very good company and I enjoyed my time there while they were still operating. They were purchased by Occidental and I am no longer sure how the work environment is.
Anadarko was a great place to begin my career. There were great training and on the job learning opportunities. Anadarko has been purchased and no longer exists.
Anadarko was an amazing company to work for because of the people and the opportunities I was given to work of several different areas across the company. I enjoyed tackling and overcoming the challenges that come with compliance and governance.
Good work, great people, excellent benefits. People always willing to teach and help at any given time. You are recognized for the work you do and i myself was always willing to go the extra mile to help anybody. A great company to work for grate benefits and great people. Safety was always first.Everyone worked as a team to make it come together,Maintenance 5&2 with call outs .
The Denver office was great to work for. I didn't have any issues except for the mass layoff they did. The Denver office shut down not too long ago I heard.
Project leadership and politics diluted the productivity of employees as a whole. There was a lot of angling for glory or credit by leadership which eventually permeated through to employee behavior.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight