Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Happiness rating is 78 out of 100

Working at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation: Latest Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Reviews

United States362 reviews

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Good culture

there are many good people who work there and it was easy to make friends.They trained people of lower to higher staff as per job requirements to avoid any hazards at job. People become well trained after spend some time in such projects with friendly environment.

Great culture

Great culture - it is a shame the company was bought. Managers were overall supportive and encouraged learning. Communication was important in all areas.

There's a reason it was voted the best place to work in Houston so many times.

Great company as per my experience in offshore drilling with them. They employed good people and, for the most part, walked the talk. Of course, my time with them as a contractor ended just as Oxy was taking over, so I can't say how it is now, though I still hear positive things from friends still with the company.

Great place

Really no complaints other than it was a little slower paced than I would have liked, however that would be a plus for many people. Great culture and sense of community

Fun place to work

Good place to work and attractive compensation. The merger was unfortunate. The company should have been left alone to take care of its share holders and employees long term. I guess immediate gains supersedes....

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Productive work place with good benefits

Our Midland office was an upbeat fun place to work. We had fun Friday with mini golf tournaments where each office set up their own golf course. It was a very family oriented company and everyone was very supportive of each other. It was a sad day when they announced that they were closing the Midland office.

Pros

Nice work space, and great break room.

Cons

No Cons

Great work culture

Nice place to work, great benefits, good location downtown Denver. Management changes often, a lot of political issues ever election

Great Place To Work

Great Place To WorkAmazing work cultureGrowth opportunitiesTop in the class bonus structureSafety orientedFree lunchesGym membershipManagement takes care of their employees

Typical for the industry

Typical for the industry. The pay is fair. Working half the year is great. Long hours.Management is about like what you would expect. Room for advancement. I would recommend.

Productive and fun working there

OverallMy experience working at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation was a great time and experience. I learned everything I know about Division Orders and the Land Department.

My first eight years was great. The last year was tough due to commodity prices and overall company moral took a plunge.

Good project work, safety is important. Seemed to always have a large problem holding the company back. commodity prices like any other oil and gas firm causes ups and downs. When times are they are good.

Pros

Pay and time off

Cons

Some good managers and some not so good.

Welder

● OverallWelder In your west Texas division in the years in Barstow TX was a fabrication welder would repair broken welds would also do allot of welder helper i

Supportive Leadership

Great organization, very supportive leadership providing the ability to learn in other areas of the organization. Unfortunately, however, they are no longer in business.

Pros

Supportive Leadership

Cons

No longer in business

Productive work environment. All kind of tools are provided

Company allow you freedom to identify, propose, communicate and solve issues. Great company lots of openings and opportunities to get training and improve yourself for success.

Not bad

The company grew too fast. Lawsuits prevented company from further prospering. Drop in oil prices forced massive layoffs. Executive leadership was solid.

Great not so great

Whilst working in the field as an inspector I had plenty opportunities to ensure quality and compliance to federal codes and standards. Under different project managers, not all vendors manufactured compliant to engineering and code requirements. Managers and project leads were not appointed to skill sets, but rather as friends or family. Vendor manufacturing was accepted as installed, overriding inspector findings and references. Their lack of understanding required code and specification resulted in inferior quality and reliability. Why upper management tolerated and sometimes supported these individuals is not understandable.

Pros

Great peers

Cons

Under qualified and inappropriate qualified project managers

No longer in business

Was a great company to work for as a third party contractor. Best company to work for in my 27 years in construction. All management and construction teams were very professional.

Get the intern offer before company has been sold. But the company still arrange intern projects very well done. Good mentor and manager, well-established intern program

Anadarko was amazing

Anadarko was an amazing company hands down the best culture and the work environment I could ask for. They were as transparent as possible and walked the walk.

Pros

Safety first, work/ life balance

Cons

Bought out

wonderful company to work for

Anadarko Petroleum was one of the largest independent oil exploration companies headquartered in the Houston area. They provided an amazing and exciting opportunities for all its employees during it's time.

Intern Review

This company was bought out and no longer exists. It was an amazing place to intern and I made some great connections that I continue to follow today.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

4.3
4.4

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Anadarko Petroleum Corporation with

• Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?