Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Pay & Benefits reviews

This was one of the best jobs I ever had!
Administrative Assistant and Geoscience Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 5, 2019
The culture promoted education, collaboration, communication, professionalism, networking, and technology. The administrative and technology support for all departments was impressive.
Pros
Education benefits.
Cons
Really didn't have any!
Great company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Recommend as a great company to work for, if you can get in - lots of applicants for nearly every position means stiff competition. And not many want to leave, so opportunities can be scarce.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, atmosphere.
Cons
Little growth/advancement, no one wants to leave; wait for someone to retire or get fired. Some Mgmt could improve.
Pace varied each day.
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 8, 2019
I implemented several programs while I worked at Anadarko. I was the team lead for the 9/80 Work Life Balance Program. I loved this project because I learned a lot about payroll, other companies, management thinking, etc.

Management was harder to reach because of the many layers in the organization.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
There were always rumors of layoffs!!
Loved working there
Sr. Staff Marketing Operation Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2018
Anadarko was a great company to work for. Loved working for them. Great benefits. Good leadership. They really seemed to care about their employees.
Pros
Compensation above average
Cons
Downsizing and consolidation. Reduces jobs.
Great work environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Good company to work for. Work life balance with 9/80 schedule for most. Compensation and benefits were decent........................................
Good Company to Work For
Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2018
I was a contractor, but I know the employees there really enjoy the company and the benefits the company offers. Great Oil and Gas company and leader in the field.
Productive and Atmosphere
Accountant II - Midstream Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2018
I loved working at Anadarko. Would never have left I didn't have to. My co-workers were like family. The benefits were amazing. And, I didn't feel like I was a prisoner there. It was a very busy atmosphere, but that kept my adrenaline going and I learned a lot. Anadarko taught me how to learn and train and be inquisitive.
Sr. ESS Analyst SAP FI-AA/PS (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 15, 2018
I liked the culture and my colleagues but I was not too keen on management philosophy and the lack of opportunities to advance. My skill set and work ethic demanded better pay and some type of career advancement. I did appreciate the very nice bonuses but I needed a better base salary and I just wasn’t going to get it there.
Pros
Nice people and culture
Cons
Little opportunity for career advancement
Best O&G Job Ever
CONTRACT ANALYTICS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 30, 2018
As a consultant working in analystics/spotfire I have worked for multiple companies all over the Upstream O&G industry. Anadarko is the best location I have been contracted to. I wish I could go fulltime.
Pros
discounted lunches, gym, location, culture, pay
Great Company, Poorly Managed
Custody Measurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COJune 13, 2018
I work as a Measurement Technician working on various Oil/Gas field locations. I have learned a lot of skills working with various types of Meters and learning about the fast pace, ever changing world of measurement.
The culture depends on what part of the company you work for, at the field level we feel there is a big disconnect from the Core Values Corporate preaches about. Office personnel seem to be really happy.
Hardest part of my job is communicating to management the most enjoyable part is all the great people I work with everyday.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Plant Operator II (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 7, 2018
Good Structure, great place to work
Learned a lot while working there. Had good management and bonuses. Benefits were great. Loved coming to work and doing my job.
Great Job. Great opportunities for skill enhancement
Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXMay 16, 2018
Offers great opportunities for advancement, skill enhancement, job challenges, proficient management, great benefits, beautiful offices and surrounding environments
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
ongoing changes to job procedures from management
PTO was nice, Perks available
Senior Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 16, 2018
I was laid off in 2016 along with a lot of people. Prior to the lay-off, I was pleased with the PTO allocation, supplemented café and the work environment. My manager at the time was out of touch with the support staff and could have used some managerial guidance. I am thankful that he didn't micromanage though. I probably would have stayed there if there hadn't been cut-backs.
Pros
Descent benefits
Cons
Poor management
Good place
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 23, 2018
good place to work not very demanding. a little bit of the good ol boys system but if you get over that it the pay is good and there is a good work life balance
Bloated dumpster fire but good place for a young field engineer
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2018
Company is a shell of what is was. APC was always good at field development. It has sold most of its fields. It has retained a big company mentality powerpoint inefficient management structure. It is a development co/managerial processes top heavy company that needs to shrink by half and change its culture.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
has no soul, its DJ assets are alway under political assault
Productive and Fun Place to Work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2018
Anadarko provides IT support service to many customers at various government sites. The workplace is very busy. The lunch hours are short. The employees get the federal government holidays off.
Very good company
Gas Measurement Technician V (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJanuary 15, 2018
Very good company, safety first, well trained, excellent benefits and time off, very good chance for advancement and transfers, cross trained on multiple job titles
Pros
Time off
bad culture
Field Facilities Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CODecember 15, 2017
It's not about the product anymore, it's about how you make yourself look the best to not get fired. Culture is in the toilet and they don't respect DJ Basin anymore.
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
Not keeping up with salary inflation
Good Benefits and Pay, poor management and rampant favoritism
CURRENTLY LACT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CODecember 7, 2017
I think the company is good but the management in the DJ Basin is poor and is running it into the ground. Wasteful spending and poor management. With the layoff of most Colorado employees to make room for the Wyoming ones, I should have seen the direction of the company.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
The management and the favorite entitled employees
Nice fun place.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 17, 2017
Nice fun place to work until you get moved and get a bad boss. Some people are not meant to be in manger positions. They do not have the personality for it.
Pros
Good Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss