Anaheim Union High School District

Anaheim Union High School District Employee Reviews

United States45 reviews
I enjoy working with students and staff. Great atmosphere, everyone has so much energy its a fast pace job.. loved helping students and teachers. Great place to work.
I have enjoyed working with students. Every year is different and I still continue to work here because I enjoy what I do. I have met great co- workers
The work itself is quite easy and most of the people are friendly. However, being able to move up positions is really challenging and very little to no feedback on promotions are given.
I am a teachers aid at Cypress High School. I work with kids in the autism focus center. I assist them with math and English. Also, we teach them interactive skills
Anaheim Union High School District is a highly competitive school district where many teachers end up making a life-long career. It is very diverse, both in student population and teacher population. As a small school district, it is easy to get an appointment with human resources and/or get in touch with anyone who may be of service to you, a rarity in larger school districts.
Pros
High teacher morale
Cons
Highly competitive
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Everyone at the school is nice and friendly, they are seem to care for the students education. The environment is also a great, a great place to work.
I was a student many years before I became a teach for the district. I found the job as a teacher to be a great experience. I loved teaching these students because I could see their growth.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Administration was not always supportive.
The benefits and the pay are good. You get medical and dental, and your pay goes up until you reach the final step. The administration varies depending on which site you work at.
Not really sure why I'm required to do this. I have no interested in rating AUHSD. It had some good and some bad, but obviously the kids were great if you're into that.
A very profesional place to work, made many friends here! It was a real pleasure to work with middle school programs I enjoy helping kids on their daily assignments.
Pros
Very profesional environment
Cons
Parta time hours.
For any future teachers, the Anaheim Unified High School District is fantastic to gain classroom management skills and network with school and faculty. Teachers give detailed sub plans and teachers nearby are friendly and offer to help out with equipment.
Anaheim Union High School District is a great district with a great superintendent. They are definitely thought leaders and forward thinking with the newest educational strategies.
Pros
Lots of professional development, great colleagues
Cons
student discipline still needs a solution
I believe Management could be more involved,willing, caring more.
They kind of throw you in and the a that.

Offer classes maybe o how to get more of a feel on tasks at hand or future.

They do not promote often and hard to get in and up the ladder.

It's a who likes whom/teachers pet if you will,

type move up.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Referrals, promotions, advancement, kindness, carring lack of
I do a small part time job and I'm happy with the way I've been treated. They've been a little confused when I've asked how much I'll be paid and when.
I was an instructional assistant at a special education school at Anaheim Union High School District. I started out as being a temp and then became permanent. I was moved around to different classrooms assisting teachers.There were days that seemed different, and other days that seemed similar to others. While I do not want to end up working in special education, I do feel that it gave me great experience. The only thing was that a lot of staff could not be trusted. Depending what you told them in confidence, it would eventually make its way up to upper management. It also felt like other staff members were observing you to make sure you were doing things correctly, almost to the point of micromanaging.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
some management issues
A good place to work but union care for the worker only the money, upper management didn't care for students as much they should or got rid of the trouble makers and bullies. pros working with the kids
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
Management and union
Staff helps parents [new and returning] with up to date concerns regarding school policies, class requirements, student and parent concerns and responsibilities throughout the school year.
decent substitute pay, hard to get benefits, plenty of substitute jobs, difficult to earn benefits as a substitute, phone system not as easy/intuitive/streamlined as it could be
Care for up to 8 kids or young adults for 6 hours a day
You have to help them eat, take them to the bathroom

Sometimes you have have change them if they are unable to change themselves

Teach them everyday life skills (how to use a crosswalk, how to fold towels, brush their teeth, tie their shoes, etc...)
Fun, Engaging, Creative Workplace. I love working with people and having the flexible to incorporate new ideas in the classroom and on campus. I am always excited for work/ school.
Working as an Avid Tutor at Savanna High School is very easy and non stressful. Working with high school students was fun as you get along with them all and get to know them. Easy hours two days a week, fun job. If you are not able to show up it's perfectly fine just let the teachers know.
Pros
easy hours, early mornings, easy second job.
Cons
monthly pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anaheim Union High School District. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2