Analog Devices Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Excellent company
Sustaining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJune 3, 2018
Analog Devices is a world-class company providing world-class solutions. ADI has a culture not only of world-class people but also people willing to go the extra-mile to anyone who asks. I highly recommend ADI as a company to work for a wonderful experience.
Pros
People
Cons
N/a
No direction, leadership or advancement
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 23, 2018
It's a laid back place. The CEO doesn't seem to know what to do with the company. He talks about moving into software, but just laid off 10% of the software engineers and abandoned hit IoT initiative. Most of the people over 57 were offered early retirement or laid off. Raises never exceed 3% and there is little opportunity for advancement, Every division is perpetual understaffed. While having a greater than 40% profit margin, the profit sharing and health insurance were reduced and vision benefits dropped entirely.
Pros
Minimal expectations, laid back culture
Cons
poor management, no accountability, no advancement
Fun, Relaxed Atmosphere
Purchasing/Planning Internship (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 15, 2018
Enjoyed my 6 month Internship with this company, very relaxed and felt part of a family after awhile. Work wasn't too difficult, but certainly had some stressful times trying to get some of it done. Will miss the people for sure, very nice and courteous. I hope the next intern to help the planning department embraces the position like I did.
Pros
Nice people, relaxed
Cons
Lack of communication between subcons and outside ADI staff
Great company to work for
Staff Design Verification Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
* Continue task assignment

* New tools and technologies

* Work and personal life balanced good .

* Very good training and team support structure .

* would like to work again for this company .
Technical with brilliance throughout
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 7, 2018
Analog Devices provided a highly technical and advanced work place. The ability to learn and adapt are paramount in surviving there. That and not being the low man on the totem pole when the next round of lay-offs come around, which is what happened to me after 21 years. My boss, an EE by education, was fair an impartial in his treatment of all his employees. He offered inspirational information when new tasks were introduced and allowed for quick education to become familiar. Definitely a great company to work for.
Pros
5 weeks vacation/year, great pay, and friendly and clean environment.
Cons
Commute.
Analog
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 28, 2018
Analog has a good company culture and is good to employees. They respect the work-life balance and provide competitive benefits to employees. Telecommuting is an option
Big company, a little impersonal
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMarch 16, 2018
My role was very isolated to a small group like most jobs, but there was little room to get to know people outside of my department. My team was strong and my managers were both relatable and supportive.
Think Twice (Legacy LTC in N. Chelmsford)
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  N Chelmsford, MAMarch 6, 2018
The legacy LTC has an engineer-oriented culture, which means HR has no impact on the engineering team and therefore the working atmosphere is mainly determined by the manager. So working atmosphere is different from teams to teams. This review is for LTC in North Chelmsford, MA.

Pros

Compensation is above the average in the industry. You can become wealthy working for Linear if you have a hide thick enough to handle the abusive treatment.

Cons

There are some very mean, shameless, incompetent and insecurity managers. So do your homework and think about it carefully before your decision.

Confrontational, threatening atmosphere. Management uses threats to control and "motivate" employees. Seniority is sneeringly referred to as "longevity".

If you are a decent engineer, think it twice before your decision.
Pros
Good compensation package
Cons
terrible working atmosphere, employee may be treated unfairly and unprofessionally, some shameless and insecurity manager
great company to work for
Project Manager & Sr. System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 4, 2018
I learned a lot at Analog Devices, Inc.
had many positive experiences. I enjoyed my job and I learned a lot.
The people were wonderful and always willing to help.
Pros
great people
Great company to work for
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 4, 2018
I loved working at Analog. Great teamwork and opportunities for advancement. Great benefits.
Great company for engineers to work.
Annual technical seminars.
Pros
Great benefits
ADI bought Linear Technology
Associate Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Chelmsford, MAFebruary 20, 2018
Before it was ADI, Linear Technology was the best place I've ever worked. Amazing management, right from the top. I learned a lot, did a lot and worked with very talented and competent peers.
productive and progressive place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA 01887February 15, 2018
I support design and product Engineers, with bench characterization.: using test instruments to collect data on how a chip functions and also why it may not be functioning.
a great learning environment, where everyone is learning and growing..
This is a Top Notch Company
Database Architect (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 15, 2018
As you would expect from a billion dollar company, this is a great place to work. They treat their people well - men and women equally and respectfully. Once you get hired at ADI - expect to stay for your entire career.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
No Cons at all
Great people
Current member (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 12, 2018
Being with the company for over 20 years, I have seen it go through numerous changes. Some good and some not so good. But, I wouldn't have stayed with a company if they didn't treat you with respect. They have a lot to offer people.
Stressful but par for the course
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 10, 2018
Former employee- As far as companies, it is no different than others.. Same stresses and issues just different.. Engineering always has stresses associated with it.. Nature of the beast.. Semiconductor business is very competitive and time to market is always key and hence the stress. In the new technology realm, stress comes when product does not quite work as liked. Leading edge technology has challenges, never been done before in most cases so need to invent and solve problems. That being said, once problems are solved it is very rewarding.. That is the nature of engineering. Those who love engineering are able to thrive and excel under stress.. Analog does have many lay offs, at the same time there are many people with many years in the company.. As for outsourcing, current model is to have everything manufactured oversees.
Pros
Flexibility with work, strong technology company, allows employees to apply for other jobs internally.
Cons
Lay offs, not sure how safe state side jobs will be in future.
Cutting Edge Tech
Trim Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Cutting Edge Technology. But this company has more lay-offs over the years that they hire. They tend to lean more towards out-sourcing to overseas than anything else
Pros
Cutting Edge Tech
Cons
Out-sourcing
cafe was open at night for dinner
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 6, 2018
analog was a great place to work, co-workers were great.
pay was good. work was easy. learned a lot about the semiconductor business.daily meetings to keep you updated on the company needs.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
nothing i can think of.
Great Company to Work for
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Great Company to Work for. Love my time here. Upper management encouraged their employees. Great pay great schedule, awesome benefits. Very hard to become a permanent employee but once you get on board stay as long as you can.
Excellant place to work
Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Dynamic, with a strong team culture. Respective of each person's ideas and work. Each member of our group had project and other responsibilities. We were expected to meet these requirements in a well defined time frame. As long as the schedule was met , we had minimum supervisory interaction.
Pros
treated employees as adults, did not try to micromanage projects
Cons
slow to make personel decisions
Fun Workplace
Post Silicon Validation Engineer, FY2010 (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 2, 2017
Great working environment. Easy to learn things as collaborative system is in place. New projects are very challenging but very helpful in developing new skill.