ANC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Elected position
ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSIONER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2018
An elected official position that represented the community. Worked on city projects and initiatives. Meet with the mayor and the city council on numerous occasions.
Productive workplace
Fleet Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 29, 2016
This was by far the best place I have worked. Great benefits, pay I would still be working here today had the job not moved away to Tulsa. M
Good Work Family
Sales (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 11, 2016
The work I performed was very tedious. Sometimes made for very long days and hours. I learned a lot about the IT world, which was good and gained certifications with vendors. Always a great resume builder. Everyone that I worked with was nice. However, the company is very small and has a high turnover rate. In a 5 months period of time 10 people came and left. This was due to either layoffs, being terminated or leaving the company on their own. That's over half the fulltime staff. Management could do better with direction. Basically everyone there has too many duties for one person. All I ever heard was we are just trying to survive the season. On a good note management understands having family so it wasn't hard to ask for and get a day off.
Pros
Fun Community Work
Cons
Always Making Bad Business Decisions
sucks the life out of you
rn (Former Employee) –  florence kyMay 13, 2015
constantly working or on call. very poor management, the kind that sits in their office all day eating and takes your complaints as personal attacks on her. weekly meetings were hour long complaint fests. was told id have my area but was an hour away from home every day visiting homes. put 10000 miles on my car in two months. run away from this place
productive
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  CaribbeanSeptember 30, 2014
very interesting place to work, travelling was a plus ..................
Branch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 29, 2013
Another Fortune 500 company, that looks great from the outside. Individual stores are poorly micromanaged, majority of employees are inadequately trained, and upper management is strictly concerned with profit margin. A job, not a career.
Very Flexible schedule
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 13, 2012
I was allowed to work independently with little supervision. I met face to face different voting populations and create charity events to the under served in the community.
Pros
flexible schedule and the charity events
Cons
sometimes you are working by yourself