Anchor Hospital Employee Reviews

Its works
Social Services Counselor-Social Worker (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 29, 2018
The job can be stressful at times however if you are able to build a good network of supportive coworkers you are able to survive. I like it because I am not there everyday and can come in when I am ready to deal with all the other internal issues that are there. I do feel that compensation is not in agreement with COL or education, but again it allows me to work when I am ready and not feel all the pressure of a full time worker. However I do have coworkers that love it. So it really is to each his own
Pros
helping others that are in need
Cons
lots of politics played
Description of job; Anchor Hospital
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fulton County, GAOctober 3, 2018
Shift change consists of the previous staff physically showing me each patient. I supervise adults with mental and/or physical disabilities. I also facilitate groups at a scheduled time, obtain client's vitals, and assist with daily activities. The workplace culture can be intense when altercations breakout, but overall we work together to accommodate the client's. The hardest part of the job is when clients go home that are not quite ready, but Anchor Hospital treatment plan is completed. The most enjoyable part of the job, is helping client's regain a sense of hope and dignity to be able to cope with mental illness on a day to day basis.
Horrible Leadership
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2018
The Hospital is being ran by people who are not seasoned professionals and lack the decorum to maintain good employee relatioships. There have been 5 different CEO's in the past 4 years, just got a COO whose new and has no previous experience. HR is afraid to lose the job, so they are not impartial. 4 different CNO's over 4 years. No one who knows how to do their job in leadership is able to stay there long because this place is concerned about the money, not the patient.
Pros
Good benefits, excellent place to learn all the stuff you don't want to do.
Cons
Poor leadership, amateur leadership, lack of organization, and lack of professionalism.
Anchor
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2018
Very nice establishment to perform clinicals for nursing school. The staff was very helpful and informative and the patients that I provided services to were very encouraging.
the impossible
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2018
This job required you to be n call 24/7. They mainly looked at numbers never the patients. it was a very dangerous lace to work with mental health patents and short staff.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
nevr fe safe at work.
Very stressful environment, limited employee support from mgmt.
Substance Abuse Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 19, 2018
This company does not put employee first at all. Employees are not valued. Focus of the company is their revenue, Management is not supportive of employee concerns.
Pros
It can help people in crisis
Cons
Poor management and concern for their own human resources
Very high acuity and fast paced
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Management needs to interact with the direct care staff. Leadership doesn't know the complexities of the job. There is problem with comminication between departments
The Worst
Social Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2018
Working at this place is the worst and if you are considering it RUN as far away possible. There need to be a new director put in place that can actually lead the team and show true appreciation towards them. No one should be treated like a slave ever.
Pros
Some great coworkers
Cons
Underpaid and overworked, leadership needs Big Help
A typical day at work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  GANovember 29, 2017
A typical day is full of CHAOS. The management team is ineffective. And, employs favoritism in daily duties. Would be a nice place to work under new management.
Busy environment, great people
Social Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2017
It is always busy within the walls of Anchor, but the staff and clients make the time go by fast and keep you focused on the goal of stabilization efforts for the client.
Stressful but fun people to work with
Clinical Counselor Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
Working in a psychiatric hospital can be stressful but the support of the team members was helpful and made the days go by. I would recommend the services provided to a friend.
Groups
Substance Abuse Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2017
I conducted substance abuse groups in a partial hospitalization setting. Working as a team we shared material and techniques. Management was readily available to assist with patients as needed. Workplace culture is fast paced but manageable. The hardest part of the job is finding aftercare placements for continued treatment. Th most enjoyable part of the job is seeing results in the patients.
Pros
Flexibility of material
Cons
Not enough aftercare facilities
New leadership and staff making a difference
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2017
I've worked at Anchor for several years doing both direct care and a quasi-management role, so I've observed the changes (both positive and negative) in hospital leadership, culture, patient care, clinical safety and the overall "feel" of the hospital.

Due to the nature of the work (e.g., caring for a wide variety of patients with mental health/substance abuse needs), it's very challenging. Caring for people who are in crisis and may want to actively harm themselves or even you is definitely not easy, so nurses, social workers and mental health associates (MHAs) are tasked with a difficult job that requires vigilance, compassion, teamwork, skill, and true love for the work.

Balancing all that on day-to-day basis is hard, but speaking from my own experience, it's beyond rewarding when you actually see/help patients get better (e.g., get on the correct meds, become oriented and stable, start processing trauma in groups, learn better coping skills, etc).

Some good changes have already happened (e.g., culture is safer with more accountability) but hospital has not "arrived" yet.

Overall, very glad/encouraged to see new leadership and direct care staff with a renewed focus on upgrading the facility, teamwork, and keeping both patients and each other safe.
Pros
Quality patient care; transformed culture; new leadership and committed staff
Cons
Older facility; inter-dept. communication better but can still improve; long hours
Stressful, non-supportive workplace with great opportunities
Social Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
I had a lot of hope at Anchor due to the amount of opportunities available for advancement. There is also a high turnover rate, which made new jobs available quickly. However, the workplace environment was extremely stressful, non-supportive, hectic, and dangerous at times due to the nature of the individuals we served there. I experienced terrible management from the director of social services, and I feel that I would have remained at this job for far longer if this individual had not been in charge of my department. The most difficult part of the job was the stressful, fast-paced environment that allowed for very little time to make effective and appropriate treatment choices. The best part of the job was my co-workers, who I still greatly miss to this day.
This jobs varied
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2017
The actual job and responsibilities were great but management was very poor. There was never enough support and that is important in a psychiatric setting. The management was disconnected from the staff that provided direct care.
Good
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Thay has good working culture.but the Management is judgemental,
there is discrimination in anchor hospital between African America and Africans, a lot of white patients complain that their bills are higher compared to Black patients.
Pros
Good Workers
Cons
Discrimination
High volume work enviornment.
Assessor (Intake) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2017
The job is very stressful. Sometimes no time for break. Some good co-workers. You will learn how to get precerts and learn the information needed to bill for certain levels of care. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patient. The hardest part of the job is managing the temperament of co-workers. You must have a tough skin
Pros
Steady pay
Cons
Verbal altercations with staff almost daily
Productive and Fast Pace
Assessment and Referral Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2017
Great entry level job for recent graduates learning the assessment and screening process for psychiatric and substance abuse patients. Management was well rounded and helpful in educational moments of the job.
Wonderful place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2017
Great place to work. Staff was always available to address any and every question or concern. Excellent benefits. Safe facility to residents and staff members.
Excellent Place To Work
Manager of Integrated Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2017
It appears the hospital was neglected, however there is a new Energetic CEO and things are quickly turning around. He is making necessary changes to make Anchor a better place to work and care for those in need
Pros
All Pros
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anchor Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7