Anchor Packaging Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hard Work
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARJuly 2, 2018
Anchor Packaging is a very fast paced, hot and loud working environment where lunch breaks were the only real enjoyable part of the day. On a typical day I would clock in a few minutes before the hour of my scheduled shift and head to my manager to be assigned to an operator's machine for the night. After that I would work up until my heat and lunch breaks loading boxes full of plastic pieces from as small as restaurant lids to as large as tupperware containers.
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Excessive heat levels
Backward Mentality, Poorly Managed
Warehouse Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 13, 2018
Anchor would be a great place to work if management and HR treated everyone with respect, rather than playing favorites. Some people are allowed to treat others like garbage and face no negative consequences. Others are treated poorly and are belittled when they complain. Meetings with HR are clearly scripted with decisions being made based on management's preference, without even consulting others who witnessed an event or were part of a situation. While the pay was average and benefits were good, I would not go back to work at Anchor in a million years! I have moved on to another company, where I am treated with respect, and as a member of management myself these days, I take the lessons I learned at Anchor from my managers there and apply them as a great example of how NOT to treat the people who report to me now. In that regard, it was a valuable learning experience, but other than that it was stressful being consistently disrespected by my boss and getting no help after complaining, and I'm glad I don't have to tolerate it anymore.
Pros
benefits, work life balance, paid vacation
Cons
backwards hillbilly mentality
Extremely Fast Paced
Inline Production Representative (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 22, 2018
Extremely Fast Paced; Some Management are not willing to work with you and expect rapid speed day one; they offer a pretty nice relocation package; if you fail to meet speed requirements you will have to repeat entire training class regardless if you pass the written test requirements.
Anchor Packaging
Repacker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 2, 2018
Anchor Packaging Was A good Place To Work, I Had Good Work Hours ,It Was A Simple Job And We Always Had Help. The trainers Was Not Too HArd On Us They Helped Us Catch on Pretty Fast too.
Ok place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 2, 2017
Anchor is actually not a bad place to work. Other than questionable decisions by management and some Supervisors, it’s a pretty stable job. Pay and benefits are above region average.
A good company
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 9, 2017
A fast pace work environment with room to advance its not a hard job yet it was very challenging. Mist nights we stated busy that the time went by pretty fast the only problem I had was a lack of trust with my coworker. The stress team work but its not really team work
Pros
Days off
Cons
I didn't work their very long I was just a temp.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARSeptember 25, 2017
As my summary says I wasn't their very long. I was just temp help. So I really didn't get to experience much in that sense. My little time there was fairly easy I mainly drove a forklift and swept when bored.
high turnover rate, they rarely hire fulltime.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARSeptember 24, 2017
constant movement required, guaranteed to get a disorder such as carpel tunnel and joint pains. low pay no benefits and they very rarely ever hire anyone full time permanent.
Pros
3 breaks.
Cons
no benefits, lack of advancement, joint pains.
Horrible
Blown film (Former Employee) –  Marmaduke, ARSeptember 16, 2017
Bad place to work. They suck you in with decent start out pay but will work you 6 days a week at least. Always short handed no one ever stays long enough. People calling in and missing. Breaks are very short for a shift this long. Management and supervisors do not care about you as an individual. They will cuss and talk bad to you. This place is a horrible place to work. Don't believe go try it. On top of all this it's a very very dangerous place to work. I would rate this zero stars absolutely horrible
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, bad supervisors, veey dangerous
Fast paced and challenging
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARAugust 30, 2017
I loved my job. I hated to leave but personal matters gave me no choice. I was lucky to work with some great people and we all worked together as a team which made the job even better.
Not the best place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Marmaduke, ARAugust 23, 2017
Maybe it was the crew i was with but i really disliked this job. No air or heat in a big metal building. So summers were scorching and winter was freezing cold.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no ac or heat. Bad attitude of other workers.
Simple job
operater/ helper (Former Employee) –  Marmaduke, ARAugust 11, 2017
I would goe to work in shorts due to heat but i handled pallet jacks forklifts an this gave me more experience in my life i cant regreat working here.
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Good pay
Decent place with decent pay
Sr Thermoforming Operator (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARJuly 14, 2017
Anchor packaging is by no means a bad place to work. It's hot in the summer and even hotter when you have to clean the ovens. The work is not hard and the people you work around are all decent. The pay is good... depending on what you are applying for.
Pros
3-4 day work weeks
Cons
Hot working environment
fast paced work
Repack (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 29, 2017
Friendly people, fast paced ,long hours, short breaks,nice's bosses, good benifits, hot warehouse, great and fast production, great work place, large environment
Pros
vacation days
Cons
short breaks, point system
its okay
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMay 25, 2017
I absolutely hated working for Anchor, they have no holidays off and work straight threw Christmas! On the other hand it was a job and a for sure pay check if you like being cussed at 24/7 lol
Pros
Plenty off breaks
Cons
Terrible management
Productive fast paced
Packer (Former Employee) –  ParagouldApril 25, 2017
I worked there in the summer and it was a great job it was really hot and the pace of doing things was very fast paced. The people that I did get to meet was nice and friendly
Pros
Wasn't charged for our lunch
Cons
The heat in the summer
okay work place
In-line packer (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 11, 2017
Easy work. Some Management needs replaced. employees are very relaxed, some need to do a better job. people tend to not follow the rules and think they can do what they want.
Great atmosphere
Temp to Hire (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 2, 2017
Fun and great people to work with. A good atmosphere and great bosses. The pay isn't great at first but it gets a little better plus you have a bunch of friendly people to work with.
My Review
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 25, 2017
I would say working for Anchor Packaging is definitely a job for people that enjoys work and is a good company to work for they take care of there people.
Pros
good brake, good benefits
Cons
people going against each thoer
Fast paced and hardwork
Staffmark Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 16, 2017
This job was fast paced, packing various sized GLADWARE storage containers. I was staitioned at one of two belt lines, and as stated the belts ran at fast paces. This job had times of fun, times of drama, times of stress, but all in all it was a decient job.Though I could no longer work there for a building manager that wanted to sexually harass women
Pros
Lunch breaks, 12 hr work days, good pay
Cons
Mmangement miscon