Anchor Sign Employee Reviews

Never have to look for another job!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 14, 2018
A typical work day is pretty fast paced and always entertaining. Great culture, pretty laid back with dress code and break freedoms. Good team environment as well. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the workload sometimes, but it seems to come and go and is job security I suppose! However, being surrounded by a good strong team has its advantages. Management has been really good, no complaints at all.
Pros
Team lunches here and there, fun coworkers, relaxed dress code, can listen to headphones if you want, nice leaders.
Cons
None yet, it has been pretty nice.
Very Relaxed work place
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 8, 2018
Anchor Sign is a very relaxed work place that honestly lets a person get a way with more than they should. This is a good thing and sometimes a bad thing when others try to take advantage of it. I have worked at Anchor for two plus years. When I first started the Vacation was not great but that has changed this year with increased time of, birthday holiday, etc.
A lot of current workers wish Anchor had a better 401K or profit sharing option but like any job there are the good with the bad. Those that are looking to get a lot for a little will not like working here. Those who look to just get a paycheck will not like working here. But if you do what you are asked things are good.
Pros
Relaxed work place, Management and HR listen to employees now, When I first started here it wasn't always like this. Improved PTO this year, very caring environment
Cons
Could be better pay but all people say this, Needs a better 401K plan or profit sharing.
Fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 27, 2017
A typical work day begins with clocking in and locating your supervisor to be assigned what you'll be working on that morning. I learned how to keep my head down and do my best to stay focused and help out my teammates the best way possible. The management turnover was as high as the employee's. The work place culture has no clear leadership or chain of command. The hardest part of the was to not be distracted by all of the complaints. I enjoyed the work and wished I could continue to work there in peace
Pros
Employment
Cons
Cuastic enviorment
Anchor Sign
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 25, 2017
A poisonous culture. Employess are treated like children. Moral is poor. Turnover is high. Very rigid. Breaks and lunch are down to the minute. People race out the door at exactly 5.
Stable work though not very rewarding
National Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 31, 2017
Good environment, stable growing company. Hardest part of the job is boredom. Culture is very young. Turnover is very high.

Management is on the road and not in the office often.
Pros
stability
Cons
Inexperienced youth rewarded over productive professionals. Very high turnover.
Decent starter full time job
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 12, 2015
During a typical day I usually work on about 100 sites. I have about 60 emails coming in while I coordinate install of signage all throughout the company.
I thoroughly enjoy the team I am on. However the amount of work that is expected to you the pay does not reflect the heavy workload
Cons
Low Pay
Horrible employer, STAY AWAY IF POSSIBLE
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 15, 2015
Worst job I've ever had. The pay is a joke, the management is clueless and cares about nothing except their bottom line, no real advancement for anyone that doesn't suck up to management.

This is the epitome of a dead end job. Unless this is your only option I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no respect, horrible management
Horrible Employer
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 16, 2015
Not a great place to work. Immaturity at all levels. Over-worked and under-paid is an understatement. Too many people joking around and making noises makes for a very distracting work place. Especially when one of the people being a distraction is a team leader. I don't mind joking around every once in a while, but not all the time. No possibility for advancement, only a small annual raise which is determined by your annual evaluation. 3% is nothing when you're making peanuts to begin with. Minimum pay equals minimum effort. No recognition for a job well done ever. People only worry about themselves, even though it's a team environment. Because of the lack of pay and the office environment, the turnover rate is very, very high. Annual parade of people quitting. That should tell you that something is wrong and that you need to change something. They've lost so many good workers because of this, which results in inexperienced people coming in and screwing everything up. Management doesn't care and they aren't doing anything at all. They are oblivious to the fact that a great company has great employees that are happy. This place has no happy employees. Well, except for those who are actually getting paid, those who are content with mediocre, those who are there because they are good friends or family of somebody who is with the in crowd, or people who are just stupid. If you are looking for a job, look else where unless you are very, very desperate.
Pros
Getting a paycheck
Cons
Everything besides getting paid
One of the Largest Sign Companies in the United States
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 1, 2015
Anchor Sign is probably the most organized and full throttle running shop I have seen after 25 years of being in the sign business
Pros
Clean, safe, and most employees are passionate about work
Cons
office team turn over, local job market is good.
Good employees and excellent travel oppurtunities
SENIOR SIGN INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 27, 2015
Typical work day lasted 12 hours with lots of overtime potential. I worked with experienced and professional supervisors that taught me the business so i could train and supervise new hire. I learned light electrical work, use of hand and power tools, using a hydraulic crane with man basket and driving excellence with a small truck and trailer.(up to 40ft) Working outside in all elements with the exception of lightning made the job difficult at times! Traveling the country meeting new people and making friends with customers was a plus!
Pros
learned valuable work skills and paid travel
Cons
Trips normally lasted 2 to 3 weeks
Poor Management
National Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2014
Overall the company has good structure but has poor management as far as knowledge of customer service and relationships.
Enjoy travelling throughout southeast
Welder (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 26, 2013
Enjoy the money and the type of work we did, Anchor Sign was a wonderful employer.