Ancora Education

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Just read my review. I will be honest and transparent as possible

This is a company that doesn’t rewards you for your hard work. They don’t provide bonuses or anything. I think they since they allow you to work from home , have a work and life balance their no need for any of that . If you need a job to pay your bills this is place . Not for advancement.

Pros

Work from home due to covid, Work and life balance depending on your boss, Good place to work in order to pay your bills, I would say the people but all best are leaving Work overtime

Cons

Poor training - no cross training between departments, Poor management- everything catered to admissions needs and currently no knows what they are doing, No advancement opportunities unless admissions, No bonuses or raises (no incentives), Took away 401 k match

Good company

Worked here for a few years. Managers and supervisors were very nice. I learned a lot during those years. Management was good and gave me the tools I needed to succeed.

Horrible

Staff does not care at all about students . Diploma mill. This company will hire any person claiming to be an instructor. Students are treated like dirt.

Pros

End of shift

Cons

Rizzo

No support

I did not get the support needed to succeed. Management was only about the numbers and if we didn't meet our numbers, explaining the struggles was ignored. Software system wasn't always working. The teams were not put together well and we did not all get along well, although professional to each other. Too many managers/supervisors to staff.

Pros

Worked from home

Cons

Lack of quality management, lots of changes without notice, no support.

I love going to work everyday.

Every employee has dedicated individuals who will assist in tasks they are not sure of, or not comfortable with. It is a very laid back environment, you are just expected to do your job, everyday, 100% and there is nothing wrong with that. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to interact with the students on a daily basis. I love to see their dedication to their future careers.

Pros

Great place to work, great people to work with, and you always have assistance when needed.

Cons

I spend much time at work so I don't have to take work home, so this is why I gave a 3 star for job/home balance

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great opportunities for advancement

Great company to work for, competitive benefits and pay. Love the students and the impact on the communities we get to serve. Culture of passion for serving students.

Pros

Students

Cons

n/a

The company ….

A great culture, and an opportunity to help students who work hard transition to a career that they love. It’s rewarding. The hours are great and allow for a career and family.

Fever Dream

Now being away from the company, I can truly say it was a fever dream to work there. Unless you're kissing up to management they don't care about you. You're micromanaged and constantly harped on to be "ready" for calls. I had 400+ calls a day and that still wasn't good enough. They try and tell you it's not a scam but it is. You call the same people over and over again trying to get them to an admission rep. When we switched to working from home, they were not supportive at all. Many of us were having a hard time and they didn't do a thing about it. Basically was told to "suck it up". You are only given FIFTEEN MINUTES a day for bathroom time other than that you can not be away from your desk. You have to make sure you follow the script they give you, as the "potential students" MUST NOT KNOW they are calling a call center, they want the illusion of "calling the front desk" which is ridiculous. When you transfer to the admission reps, they are rarely kind and make it hard to even transfer the person. There is no communication, and the advisors have no clue what each dept does. It's the blind leading the blind. They also make it so hard to get a raise, you think you're hitting everything you need to get to the next "tier" but they always change something where you aren't eligible for the raise. The turn over rate is SKY HIGH, which could be helped if they would listen to the reps and change things up. But they won't. If you want to switch to a different dept they act happy for you, until you want to come back and tell you "you'll keep the same pay" and rip it out from under -

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

everything else

Its a private institution...

While employed with Ancora Education, I underwent a lot of changes that negatively affected my mental state and life outside of the company. I felt ashamed to work for a company that calls students 24/7 just so the company can flip a profit. The management team may seem like nice people, but actually, they are deceiving. The education program is not applicable at the moment due to Covid and if you're hired recently they might fire you in a month or two. People are fired on a daily and they go through employees like there's no tomorrow. The only way you can get a promotion is to be friends with the team leads or management. Oh yeah and the kiosk machine is super expensive, I would avoid it.*If you need a job and are strong-minded, then this job might be for you.

Pros

Benefits and Co-Workers

Cons

Short Breaks, Management, Admissions and Expensive Kiosk

Wouldn't recommend

Easy work but very low teacher pay, zero benefits, and poor leadership. Not a supportive or motivating environment for student learning. The students are not prepared for college level coursework. The technology used is outdated.

Pros

Make your own teaching schedule. Remote teaching.

Cons

Everything else. Library is horrible. Building feels like an old abandoned asylum or something.

Look elsewhere

Students are best thing about the job. They are why you get up everyday and continue to assist them in their journey. That’s all. No comment otherwise.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Lack of appreciation

Poor Management

Things were always changing without notice and rarely thought through before they were implemented. Students are just seen as a number. Micro managed always

Pros

Coworkers, remote work

Cons

High stress, poor management, no structure

Management is horrible

All they care about is transfers. They will have you call the same person 20 times and get mad you weren’t able to get them to an advisors. If you don’t follow their script to a tee, they dock you points. The people who do QA’s will dock you for anything they can. They say they care about the students but they don’t at all. They want their numbers and that’s it. Nothing else.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Managers, non stop calls

Run

Toxic, childish behavior from staff. Students where not treated with any kind of respect by some of the staff. The good instructors were treated as a number. Split shifts for instructors.

Cons

Pay, home life balance, insurance.

Poor training program for new employees, and no continuing support

They throw you into unwinable situations and abandon you. Regional managers are untrained as well as corporate managers not knowing what Human resources is doing. very aggressive growth plan without the staff to plug into even current positions.

Pros

Nothing comes to mind

Cons

Struggle to get support and follow up. Highly disorgaized

no support, if you are not in their little circle

Very poor management, preach about student satisfaction, yet offer little support, and just toss you to the side, especially if you try to make it better. You are better off driving a truck instead of teaching how to, no advancement opportunity, and its cdl program is just a mill, not an educational based program, constant travel, and petty problems are treated like major crimes, I had more experience doing my bosses job than he did

Pros

Cons

10 1/2 hour days, being constantly micro managed

Disappointing place

So your basically fishing for prospects all day and your taking inbound and outbound calls. For 15.39 per hour. Your getting cursed at by people because they repeatedly call the same people who are not interested with the very minimal that are. You will be on you Ready status on your soft phone all day. 30 min lunch and constantly "coached" while you do not know they are listening to your calls waiting for you to make a mistake. They Micromanage and train you in different areas without increasing your pay. They expect more while there are no incentives to do any better. They promise and don't deliver. They go postal and write you up in meetings that blindside you. I stayed a lot longer than most do as they have a high turn over. The admissions dept thinks they are gifted and can be condescending. You must remember a lot for 26 campuses and the people who work at them. Your an information board for inbound and outbound callers. You can use this as a stepping stone job not as a career. The training is like 3-4 days and then your on your own. Everything is communicated through google chats with upper management. They also Switch processes at the drop of a hat. You are expected to quickly change and remember things like nick names and you work for 26 campuses as a call center information center but you have to be careful to stay to the script and not personalize conversations or you will be written up. You'll need a double monitor because you have to have aprox 13 pages up per day. They could be so much better if they would be less robotic. You will not get a stipend for internet -

Pros

Home Office

Cons

Short breaks, no pay increase

Fun and productive

We work hard to acheive our goals We are currently working remotely but I am looking forward to when we can get back in the office and see each other and have more fun.

Pros

Educational opportunitiws

Cons

Working remotely right now

Its a job

It is a job and that is how everybody views it. Upper management scrutinizes you and things change at the drop of the hat. This company could be so much better if management listened to the employees. Pay is mediocre compared elsewhere. Overworked, Underpaid, not appreciated.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Too much

Pros and Cons

The company had both pros and cons. Good pay and opportunity to advance. Senior management seemed to put profitability above successful student outcomes.

Pros

Pay and opportunity to advance

Cons

Poor Management

Look somewhere else!

Management is horrible and clueless at every level.In Allentown they have achieved a level far above their abilities. The pay is horrible and increases were non-existing until a year ago. They gave one increase in over ten years. If you take a day off for any reason then you are expected to get coverage for it. Only one week of vacation can be carried over and that was just started. Vacation is expected to be taken during their two weeks Christmas vacation. They treat staff like children. They enable students and put the fox in charge of the hen house. Should you hold a student accountable for attendance or plagiarism then you will be instructed to accept both under the threat of termination. They are a diploma mill.

Pros

The students, the good teachers.

Cons

Horrible experience, the company chases the good teachers away or fires them.

Common questions about Ancora Education

Answered by current and former employees at Ancora Education

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ancora Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

InHerSight Score
1.5Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
1.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight