Ancora Education Employee Reviews

Run!
Education (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 18, 2019
Horrible management. Slow in hiring process. HR needs an overhaul. They will go down fast with the management in place now. So glad God had other plans for me.
No Leadership
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMarch 11, 2019
In 20 years of professional experience, this was easily the worst company I’ve worked for. Poor business practices and a complete lack of leadership trickles from the top to the campus level. Turnover rates are higher than I’ve ever seen because of a lack of respect and regard for employees. I thoroughly enjoyed teaching students but was so miserable daily that I had to leave. DO NOT work here.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Miserable workplace environment
bad management, total disregard to student status.
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Working under new management with different views was a waste of my time .
Not trustworthy
Unless your very stable, I do not recommend this Institution. They will leave you in debt.
Pros
Great instructors, great staff
Cons
Bad management
Poor teachers manufacture poor students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 1, 2019
At first glance the job seems promising but thier is little consistancy from mod to mod. It is a for profit and it is run that way vs an educational institution. More interested in the students money than the quality of education they are giving. Instructors brag about the amount of students they fail rather than helping them. The students are told whatever they need to hear to get them in the door and then delivered sub par education in return.
If you love what you do run
Teacher (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 29, 2018
For profit is good for learning certain things but they are not in business for employees that love what they do. Shady practices and if you’re shady you will fit in and they will promote and love you try to stand for something and keep your morals your out the door.
Pros
Students
Cons
Shady people
Awful New Management
Online Faculty Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 28, 2018
This was a good company when run by Delta. Ancora is a terrible organization to work for, no one cares how good you are or how hard you work. Academic management is the worst! Let people go for made-up reasons!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micromanagement
Hard pass
Online Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AzDecember 21, 2018
4 years with this company and almost the entire time upper management was a huge issue. Employees are constantly left in the dark with policy and program changes and then management acts surprised when not everyone is on board/ up to date. Management are in meetings constantly even though nothing ever changes afterwards so we don't know what they're even discussing in those meetings. They're rarely out on the floor so when their assistance is needed there is no one available, then the customer/student gets upset and nothing is resolved quickly, and sometimes it takes days for management to finally address the issue. When concerns are brought up with other departments or issues with a student we are told by management "I'll look into it...." and then nothing ever happens. Management also likes to play favorites. If you are a "top performer" then management is your best friend, but if you're even a little behind your goal for the month then they'll pull you aside in a 1 on 1 to "discuss what you're doing wrong". There is no positive reinforcement here, there is no encouragement, there is no room for advancement. I would not recommend this company to anyone. It is toxic and you will never be as appreciated as you deserve. All of the good managers left long ago for other companies. Enough said.
Pros
Coworkers can be pretty decent
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, no raises or room for advancement
Financial Aid is a learning process
Central Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2018
I enjoy informing students with helpful tips to be successful in their educational and career paths and that is the reason I love what I do every day.
Pros
Assist students make financially responsible decisions.
Cons
Financial aid weekly has call center duties.
Poor mangement!
Career Services Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 15, 2018
Poor management! Management is out for self and self only at Ancora. Along with a very high turn over rate do to the lack of organization. This company only believes in giving raises to the higher up and only look out for themselves. Them being management.
Pros
Cons
Poor management!
Run Now
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 28, 2018
No life, poor management,,,,, I can go on but it's not worth it. I would recommend you seek other locations in which they don't overwork you and underpay.
Pros
Cons
everything
Unorganized and absolute terrible place
Employee (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 9, 2018
Absolutely the most terrible place a person can ever work. They don't pay much, management and CEO just sees you as another trach that he can just throw out the door. You are replaceable as far as they are concerned. Careless about any employee who works there. Bad work conditions. YOU WILL EVER GET A RAISE THERE. Take it or leave it. Would never recommend a person work there . Yea.....maybe my worst enemy sure.
Horrible organization
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 20, 2018
When Ancora purchased Miller-Motte College from Delta the employees & students we're hopeful that change was coming. Not knowing Ancora handled business even worse than Delta. This unethical company is robbing the low-income community. Selling under educated adults a false dream & leaving them in debt they'll never be able to pay off. The culture is very cut throat & it is a hostile work environment. Meetings happen constantly with no actions taken to fix any issues. Management lacks leadership skills & dont deserve the positions they hold. I don't recommend anyone to work for Ancora, you'll regret it if you do!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, culture, management, unethical practices, unsuccesful students, and so much more
Look forward to coming to work every day
Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2018
You have to love what you do before you can love your job. I love being able to instruct the students through written and hands on. Some students are not the highest quality but when you put into them and pull out of them their best qualities, they change into productive amazing people. I love seeing that change it is a wonderful feeling to know you helped in that. I love my job and where I work. It may not always be easy, but its what you make of it.
Pros
Bosses
Run away fast
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2018
The schools in North Carolina that were previously run by the same group of administrators are horrible. You have people in place that shouldn't run a class yet alone run two schools. They play favorites, bully staff, speak down to people, retaliate if you stand up for yourself and make the environment a very stressful and horrible place to be all because they feel as though they are untouchable. There have been many complaints but nothing was ever done. They don't care about the students, all they care about is if they make budget from month to month. They lie to students to get them into the door, and then scold and blame the instructors because the students are not interested in being there. Once all of the people at the top are fired, the school will be on the upturn again. Until then, run don't walk away from these schools.
Pros
Cons
There are too many to list
Never felt so miserable
part time medical instructor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 25, 2018
The faculty where I work are amazing but are overlooked when it comes to the simplest of things like supplies, printers, acknowledgment. They spend countless hours working with adults who are unable to read, write or are barely employable because admissions will let anyone in. No one in admissions has ever been in the classroom to actually see what the instructors deal with every day. A pizza at meetings is not enough. I have only worked there for a couple of years. Maybe this new company can solve the accediting issues. The money is terrible. I stay because I think the students deserve at least a chance. Plus I have additional income. NO way could I make it otherwise.
Pros
teaching staff
Cons
management, the curriculum, LOW attendance, 0 respect
The worst and the shadiest place ever! Stay away
N/A (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 23, 2018
Better business bureau needs to investigate them for sure! It's a revolving door in this company. So many people come and go it's really sad. The team is beyond stressed out with so much to do that they are there till 8pm sometimes longer. They dont hire people they just divide the job duties of someone else's job and no pay increase. If you want recognition forget about it it's too hard to say good job let alone to speak to you unless you speak first. The culture is not friendly at all. President only cares about his money and nothing else. There's no job security for anyone even if you do a good job. If they dont like you then you are gone! So much frustration and tension. The people you work with for the most part are decent but theres snakes all in the grass so trust no-one. It's not even worth your time.
Pros
Co-workers are ok
Cons
Management (2 in particular), pay, culture, benefits, tension
Future
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 18, 2018
To me it is unclear of the future of the Online division. I am not sure that the long term stability is going to sustain my living norms. We were just aquired and alot of bumps
Freedom and Independence
Dean, Allied Health (Former Employee) –  Worked Remotely from Dayton OHJuly 15, 2018
Ancora provided me with the freedom and flexibility of working remotely. They provided me with the freedom and academic independence to develop and modify courses and programs as I saw fit to better meet federal education standards, state education and nursing licensure board requirements, academic accrediting body ACICS and ACCSC as well as third-party accrediting bodies such as AAMA, ARCST/SA, and others. They allowed me to work closely with the various publishers we used for our curriculum.

I spent a great deal of time working with the 18 campuses Ancora absorbed from Delta Career Education and the 12 campuses Ancora had to start with to work with program directors and online instructors to modify current courses to better meet the needs of the students and their partners within the individual campus communities.

The workplace culture was very open to recommendations from the field up to and including the CEO or Ancora. I could contact anyone within the chain of command at any time through email, phone, instant messages and video calls.

The hardest part of the job was more situational than cultural. When we had to switch from meeting ACICS standards to ACCSC standards regarding the qualification for instructors I had to review both the academic and the practical hands-on experience of each instructor ensuring they met the 4 years of practical experience outside of academia. Because I was working remotely I found I had to do the majority of the research and documentation of all of the instructors within the online programs for Miller-Motte, McCann, Miller-Mott
  more... Technical College, and Miami-Jacobs Career College allied health program while those in our office in Tempe AZ did have some help.

The two most enjoyable parts of the job were working with the campus program directors to help them with problems they were encountering locally and assisting them in working through those problems. The other was working with individual students. While I was the Dean of Allied Health I was also an online instructor so I was interacting with up to 30 online students each term.

I was sorry that after their final merger and reorganization that my position was no longer necessary.
Pros
Benefits available very soon after hire.
Very Positive Chage of Pace
Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 9, 2018
I came to Ancora at the recommendation of my first DOA in the industry who was my mentor.
Ancora has its challenges - but EVERTHING is a work in progress. If you come here to roll your sleeves up, bring outside the box thinking, and initiative you will love it!
Pros
Compensation, Opportunity to be a part of the changes, Daily challenges which make you think... Upper leadership actually values input.
Cons
PTO package could be better.
A Nightmare
Executive (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 7, 2018
I worked at an executive level for the Miller-Motte Colleges. I was conned into taking the job, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. No matter what is promised, be assured that if you are hired, you will be on a course of self-destruction. Unless you are criminally-minded, and enjoy cheating, stealing, and lying, run as far away as you can get from this organization.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ancora Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight