Ancora Education Employee Reviews

Poor mangement!
Career Services Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 15, 2018
Poor management! Management is out for self and self only at Ancora. Along with a very high turn over rate do to the lack of organization. This company only believes in giving raises to the higher up and only look out for themselves. Them being management.
Pros
Cons
Poor management!
Run Now
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 28, 2018
No life, poor management,,,,, I can go on but it's not worth it. I would recommend you seek other locations in which they don't overwork you and underpay.
Pros
Cons
everything
Unorganized and absolute terrible place
Employee (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 9, 2018
Absolutely the most terrible place a person can ever work. They don't pay much, management and CEO just sees you as another trach that he can just throw out the door. You are replaceable as far as they are concerned. Careless about any employee who works there. Bad work conditions. YOU WILL EVER GET A RAISE THERE. Take it or leave it. Would never recommend a person work there . Yea.....maybe my worst enemy sure.
Horrible organization
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 20, 2018
When Ancora purchased Miller-Motte College from Delta the employees & students we're hopeful that change was coming. Not knowing Ancora handled business even worse than Delta. This unethical company is robbing the low-income community. Selling under educated adults a false dream & leaving them in debt they'll never be able to pay off. The culture is very cut throat & it is a hostile work environment. Meetings happen constantly with no actions taken to fix any issues. Management lacks leadership skills & dont deserve the positions they hold. I don't recommend anyone to work for Ancora, you'll regret it if you do!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, culture, management, unethical practices, unsuccesful students, and so much more
Look forward to coming to work every day
Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2018
You have to love what you do before you can love your job. I love being able to instruct the students through written and hands on. Some students are not the highest quality but when you put into them and pull out of them their best qualities, they change into productive amazing people. I love seeing that change it is a wonderful feeling to know you helped in that. I love my job and where I work. It may not always be easy, but its what you make of it.
Pros
Bosses
Run away fast
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2018
The schools in North Carolina that were previously run by the same group of administrators are horrible. You have people in place that shouldn't run a class yet alone run two schools. They play favorites, bully staff, speak down to people, retaliate if you stand up for yourself and make the environment a very stressful and horrible place to be all because they feel as though they are untouchable. There have been many complaints but nothing was ever done. They don't care about the students, all they care about is if they make budget from month to month. They lie to students to get them into the door, and then scold and blame the instructors because the students are not interested in being there. Once all of the people at the top are fired, the school will be on the upturn again. Until then, run don't walk away from these schools.
Pros
Cons
There are too many to list
Never felt so miserable
part time medical instructor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 25, 2018
The faculty where I work are amazing but are overlooked when it comes to the simplest of things like supplies, printers, acknowledgment. They spend countless hours working with adults who are unable to read, write or are barely employable because admissions will let anyone in. No one in admissions has ever been in the classroom to actually see what the instructors deal with every day. A pizza at meetings is not enough. I have only worked there for a couple of years. Maybe this new company can solve the accediting issues. The money is terrible. I stay because I think the students deserve at least a chance. Plus I have additional income. NO way could I make it otherwise.
Pros
teaching staff
Cons
management, the curriculum, LOW attendance, 0 respect
The worst and the shadiest place ever! Stay away
N/A (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 23, 2018
Better business bureau needs to investigate them for sure! It's a revolving door in this company. So many people come and go it's really sad. The team is beyond stressed out with so much to do that they are there till 8pm sometimes longer. They dont hire people they just divide the job duties of someone else's job and no pay increase. If you want recognition forget about it it's too hard to say good job let alone to speak to you unless you speak first. The culture is not friendly at all. President only cares about his money and nothing else. There's no job security for anyone even if you do a good job. If they dont like you then you are gone! So much frustration and tension. The people you work with for the most part are decent but theres snakes all in the grass so trust no-one. It's not even worth your time.
Pros
Co-workers are ok
Cons
Management (2 in particular), pay, culture, benefits, tension
Future
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 18, 2018
To me it is unclear of the future of the Online division. I am not sure that the long term stability is going to sustain my living norms. We were just aquired and alot of bumps
Freedom and Independence
Dean, Allied Health (Former Employee) –  Worked Remotely from Dayton OHJuly 15, 2018
Ancora provided me with the freedom and flexibility of working remotely. They provided me with the freedom and academic independence to develop and modify courses and programs as I saw fit to better meet federal education standards, state education and nursing licensure board requirements, academic accrediting body ACICS and ACCSC as well as third-party accrediting bodies such as AAMA, ARCST/SA, and others. They allowed me to work closely with the various publishers we used for our curriculum.

I spent a great deal of time working with the 18 campuses Ancora absorbed from Delta Career Education and the 12 campuses Ancora had to start with to work with program directors and online instructors to modify current courses to better meet the needs of the students and their partners within the individual campus communities.

The workplace culture was very open to recommendations from the field up to and including the CEO or Ancora. I could contact anyone within the chain of command at any time through email, phone, instant messages and video calls.

The hardest part of the job was more situational than cultural. When we had to switch from meeting ACICS standards to ACCSC standards regarding the qualification for instructors I had to review both the academic and the practical hands-on experience of each instructor ensuring they met the 4 years of practical experience outside of academia. Because I was working remotely I found I had to do the majority of the research and documentation of all of the instructors within the online programs for Miller-Motte, McCann, Miller-Mott
  more... Technical College, and Miami-Jacobs Career College allied health program while those in our office in Tempe AZ did have some help.

The two most enjoyable parts of the job were working with the campus program directors to help them with problems they were encountering locally and assisting them in working through those problems. The other was working with individual students. While I was the Dean of Allied Health I was also an online instructor so I was interacting with up to 30 online students each term.

I was sorry that after their final merger and reorganization that my position was no longer necessary.
Pros
Benefits available very soon after hire.
Very Positive Chage of Pace
Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 9, 2018
I came to Ancora at the recommendation of my first DOA in the industry who was my mentor.
Ancora has its challenges - but EVERTHING is a work in progress. If you come here to roll your sleeves up, bring outside the box thinking, and initiative you will love it!
Pros
Compensation, Opportunity to be a part of the changes, Daily challenges which make you think... Upper leadership actually values input.
Cons
PTO package could be better.
A Nightmare
Executive (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 7, 2018
I worked at an executive level for the Miller-Motte Colleges. I was conned into taking the job, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. No matter what is promised, be assured that if you are hired, you will be on a course of self-destruction. Unless you are criminally-minded, and enjoy cheating, stealing, and lying, run as far away as you can get from this organization.
Stay Away
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 4, 2018
Run!! Unless you like selling a dream to low income and the under educated. The students leave in massive student loan debt. The management team believes in micro-management. In addition, there always seem to be shady business going on.
Pros
You got paid every two weeks
Cons
Everything else is terrible
Productive office
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2018
The office is busy. The team works great together.
Just wish there was more communication from upper management.
The enjoyable part is getting to see the end result when students graduate and change their lives.
good people bad business
Classroom Observation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2018
When I left the company was becoming more organized and putting leaders in place that it had previously lacked. It was rocky for a while but seems to now be heading in the right direction.
Run in the opposite direction!
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 6, 2018
Potential employees need to know:
If you absolutely need a job, go in knowing this position is temporary and not an opportunity to showcase your skillset or advance.
The environment is extremely toxic
The office gossip is unreal-Are we in high school or in a professional environment?
Go in, do your job, and go home.

Advice to Management:
The leader sets the tone of the team. You have people in positions of power who "lead" by fear. Implement effective leadership training.
Pros
The students. Love them and I wish them much success!
Cons
Bully environment, heavy office politics, high turnover, high schoolish cliques, miserable staff and the pay is below industry standards. The benefits are ridiculously high.
Unstable and underpaid
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 23, 2018
Constant management shifts and policy updates. Employees kept in the dark regarding changes. Employees are underpaid, they are hired into entry level pay positions and never given a raise because they have a raise freeze from years ago when it was Delta Education.
Pros
No perks
Cons
High stress, unstable
Fun and friendly place to work for.
Dental Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TexasMay 21, 2018
Ancora Education is a very friendly and caring company who really appreciate their emplyees. Our goal to to help our students and fellow emplyees to grow in and advance in their choosen careers.
Pros
Fast pace day goes by very quickly
Cons
Day goes by so quickly
Dysfunctional At Best
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2018
Management from the top down treats their employees like a dime a dozen, no type of recognition based, people are managed and money leads them. I gave everything as a lead instructor for 2 1/2 years starting a program in South Texas and in the end I was dropped like trash.

Management is poor and buddy, buddy or some form of nepotism so don't expect to be promoted just off of merit. If you care about what you do stay away from this company. If you're just looking for a paycheck and don't expect any type of appreciation for going far and beyond your job title, for no extra pay, then have at it.
Pros
Get to make a difference in somebody's life
Cons
Everything Else
Opportunities, Work-Life Balance
FSO (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 16, 2018
The Finance team in Tempe has a lot of opportunity for growth and has really helped me develop. I've had several roles in the financial aid department. I feel like the leadership group is all on the same page and cares about their employees. The culture is diverse, which is good. I've built some close relationships with my co-workers. It can get stressful and seem very fast-paced at times, but that is typical for the position and industry. One of the things I love is that management is always open for feedback from the reps. My Director is always willing to make changes to improve what isn't working or things that could be better. I feel like I have a voice in the company.
Pros
Casual Dress, Opportunity, Diversity, Ot
Cons
Building Could be Nicer, Always Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ancora Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3

Ratings from women

1.1InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight