Andersen Tax Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place with knowledgeable people
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2018
The job could be very challenging at times. It matters which manager or partner you are working with. Overall, great place where you will learn a lot.
Great work environment. Progressive leadership. Lots of Diversity. Growing and opening new offices internationally. Very exciting.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2018
Everyday is a learning experience and I enjoy working with brilliant people who stay current with the changing tax legislation and laws. It's all very interesting and I am busy all the time.
Pros
Great Benefit Package, Mentoring, On-Line Classes.
Cons
None.
Growing company with many opportunities for "go-getters"
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2018
If you enjoy preparing tax returns with great people, then Andersen might be the place for you. The day to day is rival to other regional tax accounting firms.
Pros
Busy Season Dinner, some very talented managers, great place to start your career
Cons
Long hours during busy season, some micromanaging managers
productive and fun
Director (Former Employee) –  125 High Street, Boston, MAApril 8, 2018
I has interesting clients at Andersen Tax, I got along with the partners, staff and clients. The good thing about Andersen Tax is that it is all Tax so there are not independence issues to worry about. They laid me off after 4 months without explanations. The company is at 125 High Street in Boston.
Pros
Interesting clients
Cons
sometimes stressful
not a supportive environment
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2018
The days are long and stressful. Very unfair practices with work distribution and mentorship is only existent on paper. Be prepared for seven days per week work weeks.
Managers leave early, associates work late
Assoicate, Private Accounting Solutions (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2018
The PAS practive at Andersen Tax is very... stressful. LONG hours. HEAVY workload. Delusional deadlines. Managers leave early to attend "Kings/Dodger" games. No true leaders that TEACH seeing as all they do is request, request and request but dont actually DO anything. Some managers do not even know how to download a GL and instead, email associate to stop whatever they are doing to do their request.
stressful and isolating
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2018
-small office
-feels like a high-school
-not much diverse work
-managers are difficult to approach
-very poor training process
-not collaborative work environment
stressful and long hours
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I would go in at 6am and started working on whatever I was not able to finish the day before because it was midnight and I was still working and clients documents.
Pros
I was getting paid hourly
Cons
it was too much during busy season
I do not enjoy working for Andersen Tax
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2018
The training opportunities given to staff and seniors are not present. In general management will throw you under the bus. Instead of helping with issues, most partners, directors, even managers will leave for home letting their staff and seniors take care of most problems. Then if the work is not perfect they will yell at the staff or senior.
CPAs, Tax Law, Attorneys, EAs
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
A very good place to work. Highly efficient, advanced systems in excel and pro-systems software, wealth management. Great company with highly effective systems.

Want to know more about Andersen Tax?

Ask a question
My job position was not what I was hired to do.
Tax Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
I was hired to work primarily in the alternative investment practice (primarily partnership.) However, the Partner on a large family group wanted me to work on that engagement since the tax manager on the engagement left shortly after I started. I had worked on that same engagement for that Partner when she was a senior manager at Arthur Andersen. Because of the way she managed the engagement, I didn't have the opportunity to work with the alternative investment group. The partner that I did about 75% of my work with did not provide adequate guidance and did not value by expertise, particularly regarding LLC's, private foundations and issues around allocation of step-ups to the numerous private equity partnerships resulting from the death of the family patriarch.
Pros
Well respected firm
Cons
Employees tended to be very "cliquey."
Okay work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
There is a lot of office drama which really negates your experience here. Otherwise, it is a decent place to work. During busy season there is opportunity for over time, which is nice.
Fun and educational place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2016
Andersen is a wonderful place to work, with great opportunities to learn and grow. They offer great compensation and benefits.
Too much work, not enough employees
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
This is a well established company, but unfortunately does not have enough employees to carry out the work load. 12 hours days normal, 18 hours expected during busy season
Great place to learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
The people you work with are friendly and want to see you succeed. It is an open door policy where the partners talk to you just to see how you are doing. Busy season hours are manageable. I didn't feel they give you enough time to prove yourself. Seems they use you during busy season and get rid of you when you aren't needed anymore.
Pros
Take care of you during busy season
Cons
Work goes from 60 to 0
Working at Andersen
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesFebruary 23, 2016
Pros
-Good work life balance
-Decent PTO / benefits
-Nice, warm culture. Laid back
-Somewhat recognized and recovering name

Cons
-Some stigma attached to name
-Middle market, not a big player
-Pay not very competitive
Great company for tax accountants
Tax Intern (Current Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 4, 2016
I'm currently a tax intern at Andersen Tax. I am a business finance major and have very little experience in accounting. It is a difficult learning curve at first, but a great opportunity and a great place to work. People have been more than willing to help me with my projects and teach me both how and why I am doing what I am doing. You need to have extraordinary attention to detail and be able to focus on a task for large periods of time, otherwise you will make careless errors and have to redo your work, costing both you and the company countless hours. If you're also a non-accounting major but have been extended the internship opportunity, just make sure you are hard-working, detail oriented, self sufficient and have a basic understanding of excel.
Pros
Salary compensation
Cons
Difficult line of work for non-accounting majors
a typical day a Andersen Tax was scanning statements, invoices and bills filling documents, shipping out tax forms to clients of Andersen Tax.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Decent place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2015
If you like compliance work, it is a good place to be. Busy season is like any other accounting firm. I will update more later.
It was great atmosphere to work with good people
Administrative Assistant/ Practical Aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
My typical day involved me preparing tax for high profile clients. What I have learned is how to put taxes together to send to the IRS.There was time management leave jobs decision up to me for me to decide how to get it done. My coworkers was very understanding and very help with things i didn't know. The hardest part of my job involving me dealing with the accountant, sometime they didn't no how to explain themselves. The most enjoyable part of the is Friday, was pizza day for the entire office .