Andersen Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

very stressful place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNNovember 6, 2018
as lower management employee you have to carry everybody the ones under you and the ones above you higher management lacks of experience even whit managing people seems like they are just hiring people to fill holes HR leaves a lot to think about it even if you are been treated poorly and disrespectful they wont help.
personal time yeah right during the busy season you have to forget about your personal life.
the pay rate as an entry label individual is a good pay rate but once you hit lower management you make very few cents more than a top pay operator but you have an incredible amount of responsibilities not only with the people you lead and your own time but everybody else.
the worse part is that if you want a rise you have to beg for a 1 to 3 %
Pros
good pay if you never get to lower management
Cons
management
Manufacturing Engineering Dream
Manufacturing Engineering Support (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 6, 2018
Great Engineering Team, new innovative ideas and opportunities to spec new machines and value streams. Team has members with great experience from being with the company for so long and also good guided paths for learning.
SilverLine by Andersen
Return to Work Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJOctober 23, 2018
I worked in a division of Andersen known as SilverLine and compensation did not align with the cost of living on the east coast especially in NJ. In addition, there was no room for growth in the position I was in. My team was amazing and the culture was fast paced and lively but very old school. Even the tech systems were outdated and everything was mostly manual.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low pay
Numbers driven
Quality Technoligist IV (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 8, 2018
UPP was the business model. Quality took a back seat to quantity. Scrap was built in so production would not be affected. No IQ OQ PQ on any equipment. Plug in and run
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Upp
Sink or swim experience
Value Stream Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 1, 2018
Could be a great place to work. Management leaves a lot to be desired. Seems to be a revolving door of different management teams coming and going. Overall 2.5 out of 5.
Pros
Sink or swim experience
Cons
Poor leadership
it just wasnt for me
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILOctober 1, 2018
wasnt for me, but i met lots of good people, a typical day at work? lots of work!! what did i learn? how to use air tools and work the asemble line, management good..
The best customers you could ask for.
ROUTE DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 18, 2018
As a retiree with over 30 years in the transportation industry, I can tell you this is a well established company with some of the hardest workers. Unfortunately, it is supported with college degreed individuals trying to run a Logistics department with little or absolutely no Logistics experience. Who suffers? The customers and employees that made the company. As recent acquisitions and the sell off of its vinyl division, it has compounded the confusion beyond any normal description. I felt like I was chasing my tail every delivery. Drivers bumping into each other at the same customers on a weekly basis. So sad. I really loved this job, the previous management and especially the customers I faithfully served for 14 years.
Pros
Lots of overtime. Newer equipment.
Cons
Poorly trained Logistics managers. Too many chiefs.
Good people, overly complex technology.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Years of expansion and acquisition has left the company with an awful mix of software that drains resources and causes confusion.
Good work/life balance.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Confused technology direction.
Good job culture, gives back to communities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 16, 2018
The company is very good at giving back to the communities in which they are located. Strongly encourages employees to give back in one way or another. Employees are kept informed of events, awards the company has received, and successes of different work sites via intranet communications. Fast-pass environment.
Pros
business casual dress
Great job , bad attitudes , limited breaks
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 15, 2018
I loved working there, i loved oushing my skills my work , it sucked only having one break an it was 10 minutes , walking across shop took 3 out already so really i didnt get a break , Lunch is 30 but your only getting 20 sum with walk , they need better trainers to actually show you enst way and help not somebody thats been working there long an just tryig to hurry
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks, people
Terrible company to work with.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILAugust 14, 2018
Poor management, a lot of hours, and the worst of, they pay you every two weeks. Good thing I didn't stay longer. Finally, the pay is way too low. No benefits.
Pros
nothing
Cons
very low pay, and bi-weekly pay.
Manufacturing/Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNAugust 14, 2018
Production warehouse is not air conditioned so you need to be able to withstand the heat. As a seasonal worker it is difficult to get approved time off.
Some good people, management and HR are sketchy
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNJuly 26, 2018
If you have not been with this company for 20 plus years, there is no opportunity and your job is in jeopordy every day. All it takes is for one 30 plus year employee to not like you and they will find a way to get you fired. Not fun going to work looking over your shoulder on a daily basis
Pros
Not many
Cons
Poor seniority, sketchy people
Production job that can be stressful
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNJuly 17, 2018
Andersen Windows is a company that claims to care for each individual employee. However, that is not the case. Andersen does not care about the extrusion line operators and are unwilling to work with them when issues arise in their personal lives. The schedule is the only good thing about working at Andersen. The starting wage isn't terrible but could be better for the stress you deal with on a regular basis at work. The days are long and boring and the people working are always crabby or stressed out.
Anderen is a nice place to work because it is team work.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lansing, ILJuly 9, 2018
Andersen is a good job for me because it's a lot closer to home, it's just i am only a temp trying to get hired or work this until i find something permanent.
Pros
We make rate for the week they reward us the following week.
Cons
Working 10 hours a day we only get 2 ten minute breaks and a 30 minute break.
a fun place to work with a rich history
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNJune 25, 2018
a fun place to work with a rich history of innovation and success. each person has the ability to contribute to the success of the company. I like the history and the people.
No life outside of company
Assmebler (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 20, 2018
They treat their employees fairly well. Although they don't allow you to have a life outside of the company. I always felt like I was taking my work home with me when I wasn't even in a leadership position. Little concern for less senior employees when something comes up with children durring work hour and you would have to leave. Not a company I would go back to.
Pros
Different Vendors during break once a week
Cons
Insurance is useless
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 10, 2018
good benefits and pay rate though you do cap out in pay they have a step progression pay raise chart if you keep out of trouble you can get max pay in 3 years
Wasn't there very long but........
Paint Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 6, 2018
I was only there for a short time but I really enjoyed it. The people were nice and helpful, I caught on to things very quickly. A lot of us got laid-off in February for a short time. I had foot surgery and couldn't return when they called me back in after 3 weeks. I was laid up at home for around 8 weeks and just didn't return after that.

I remember being able to wear shorts there anytime but you had to have steel toe shoes or boots. It was air conditioned too but since I was there from Nov to Feb, I didn't get to experience it.
Pros
Very nice and clean break room and bathrooms, people were very nice and management was great
Cons
Got laid off due to lack of work and having to go through a temp agency
Do your job. Get paid. Strict about attendance. Not too pushy or demanding but expect you to do your job.
Crate (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMay 25, 2018
Decent pay per hour. Decent benefits. Good 401k plan. Mostly friendly people. Clean work environment. Very high safety standards. Summers are busy. Winter not so much.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Can be a lot of overtime during peak periods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andersen Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight