Andersen Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

Good people, overly complex technology.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Years of expansion and acquisition has left the company with an awful mix of software that drains resources and causes confusion.
Good work/life balance.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Confused technology direction.
Good job culture, gives back to communities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 16, 2018
The company is very good at giving back to the communities in which they are located. Strongly encourages employees to give back in one way or another. Employees are kept informed of events, awards the company has received, and successes of different work sites via intranet communications. Fast-pass environment.
Pros
business casual dress
Great job , bad attitudes , limited breaks
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 15, 2018
I loved working there, i loved oushing my skills my work , it sucked only having one break an it was 10 minutes , walking across shop took 3 out already so really i didnt get a break , Lunch is 30 but your only getting 20 sum with walk , they need better trainers to actually show you enst way and help not somebody thats been working there long an just tryig to hurry
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks, people
Terrible company to work with.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILAugust 14, 2018
Poor management, a lot of hours, and the worst of, they pay you every two weeks. Good thing I didn't stay longer. Finally, the pay is way too low. No benefits.
Pros
nothing
Cons
very low pay, and bi-weekly pay.
Manufacturing/Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNAugust 14, 2018
Production warehouse is not air conditioned so you need to be able to withstand the heat. As a seasonal worker it is difficult to get approved time off.
Some good people, management and HR are sketchy
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNJuly 26, 2018
If you have not been with this company for 20 plus years, there is no opportunity and your job is in jeopordy every day. All it takes is for one 30 plus year employee to not like you and they will find a way to get you fired. Not fun going to work looking over your shoulder on a daily basis
Pros
Not many
Cons
Poor seniority, sketchy people
Production job that can be stressful
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNJuly 17, 2018
Andersen Windows is a company that claims to care for each individual employee. However, that is not the case. Andersen does not care about the extrusion line operators and are unwilling to work with them when issues arise in their personal lives. The schedule is the only good thing about working at Andersen. The starting wage isn't terrible but could be better for the stress you deal with on a regular basis at work. The days are long and boring and the people working are always crabby or stressed out.
Anderen is a nice place to work because it is team work.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lansing, ILJuly 9, 2018
Andersen is a good job for me because it's a lot closer to home, it's just i am only a temp trying to get hired or work this until i find something permanent.
Pros
We make rate for the week they reward us the following week.
Cons
Working 10 hours a day we only get 2 ten minute breaks and a 30 minute break.
a fun place to work with a rich history
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNJune 25, 2018
a fun place to work with a rich history of innovation and success. each person has the ability to contribute to the success of the company. I like the history and the people.
No life outside of company
Assmebler (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 20, 2018
They treat their employees fairly well. Although they don't allow you to have a life outside of the company. I always felt like I was taking my work home with me when I wasn't even in a leadership position. Little concern for less senior employees when something comes up with children durring work hour and you would have to leave. Not a company I would go back to.
Pros
Different Vendors during break once a week
Cons
Insurance is useless
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 10, 2018
good benefits and pay rate though you do cap out in pay they have a step progression pay raise chart if you keep out of trouble you can get max pay in 3 years
Wasn't there very long but........
Paint Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 6, 2018
I was only there for a short time but I really enjoyed it. The people were nice and helpful, I caught on to things very quickly. A lot of us got laid-off in February for a short time. I had foot surgery and couldn't return when they called me back in after 3 weeks. I was laid up at home for around 8 weeks and just didn't return after that.

I remember being able to wear shorts there anytime but you had to have steel toe shoes or boots. It was air conditioned too but since I was there from Nov to Feb, I didn't get to experience it.
Pros
Very nice and clean break room and bathrooms, people were very nice and management was great
Cons
Got laid off due to lack of work and having to go through a temp agency
Do your job. Get paid. Strict about attendance. Not too pushy or demanding but expect you to do your job.
Crate (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMay 25, 2018
Decent pay per hour. Decent benefits. Good 401k plan. Mostly friendly people. Clean work environment. Very high safety standards. Summers are busy. Winter not so much.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Can be a lot of overtime during peak periods.
Hard Culture Pivot
IT Manager, IT Operations / Applications (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNMay 25, 2018
Be prepared to work with a 100 year old culture, slow, with several technology leaders that have never worked in the IT industry outside of Andersen. It is changing, new blood is being infused, but they are frustrated! The lack of trust and wide spread indecision within the IT leadership ranks - breads dysfunction and it impacts the their teams.
Work pius work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNMay 21, 2018
This job was my first job in the United States where I handled screw drivers and pliers to work. It was not easy but with determination, I learned quickly on the job and became one of the dependable employees on the assembly line.

I didn't know how to handle screw driver or a drill but my supervisor taught me and worked together as a team,
Pros
At times we had free lunch, training session
Cons
We had 15 minutes break before lunch
Great company!
Value Stream Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNMay 20, 2018
Andersen Corporation is a great company that gives you the tools to succeed! The managers are always there to help and will guide you on the right path.
Solid Organization
Director of Enterprise Logistics (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNMay 20, 2018
This company know its direction. Not quick at making decisions, but when it does it moves quickly and fiercely. Need to continue to surround themselves with talent.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Leaderhsip turmoil
New department, poor management
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNMay 16, 2018
100 series is a cheap fibrex window that is manufactured in Bayport and in Texas. But in Bayport you could compare it to a zoo with the management being animals as well. The work is great, simple and anyone can do it. Management is the worst part about this place. So if you don't mind the heat and want good pay with easy jobs, then this is the place for you. But if you can't handle being a slave and guinea pig and aren't level headed enough to not blow up on the management, I would turn elsewhere.
Cons
Short breaks, non paid lunches, not climate controlled
Bypass this company. There are much better companies to work for.
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 23, 2018
Andersen in Lansing, IL is a union shop that forces all production employees to join teamsters 731 in order to work there. Once you're in, you become ineligible for any kind of profit sharing, no 401k participation for union employees either. Pay is low. Supervisors are pressured to meet production goals, which mean treating workers like machines. No Christmas bonus. An annual christmas lunch is 45 minutes long and you stand in line 15 minutes for a serving of chicken and mashed potatoes. Annual company picnic is the same. Its only 45 minutes and is held in parking lot. My biggest disappointment with this company is that it didnt raise wages or acknowledge workers in any way after the big corporate tax break was given to companies. This is one company that does not give a rat's tail about its production employees.
Pros
Can't think of one positive.
Cons
Low wages and a union that does nothing to help
free pizza to increase productions and courage to implement good employment environment
I am a certified QC. (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 4, 2018
I am a QC Check and a Welder and I did the Welder the best to drive the production on at least ten lines at Andersen Window Corp. I am the best of the best producer and you never have someone like me since the production never goes up all these 27 yrs. I came to get it up every lines they used me to put me there at the welder that day; I got every 216 windows as expected 200 windows all the times that I have never let my boss down as most and all the times they all liked me so much to the planning on those lines I would never be forgotten.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andersen Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight