Andersen Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

a fun place to work with a rich history
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNJune 25, 2018
a fun place to work with a rich history of innovation and success. each person has the ability to contribute to the success of the company. I like the history and the people.
No life outside of company
Assmebler (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 20, 2018
They treat their employees fairly well. Although they don't allow you to have a life outside of the company. I always felt like I was taking my work home with me when I wasn't even in a leadership position. Little concern for less senior employees when something comes up with children durring work hour and you would have to leave. Not a company I would go back to.
Pros
Different Vendors during break once a week
Cons
Insurance is useless
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 10, 2018
good benefits and pay rate though you do cap out in pay they have a step progression pay raise chart if you keep out of trouble you can get max pay in 3 years
Wasn't there very long but........
Paint Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 6, 2018
I was only there for a short time but I really enjoyed it. The people were nice and helpful, I caught on to things very quickly. A lot of us got laid-off in February for a short time. I had foot surgery and couldn't return when they called me back in after 3 weeks. I was laid up at home for around 8 weeks and just didn't return after that.

I remember being able to wear shorts there anytime but you had to have steel toe shoes or boots. It was air conditioned too but since I was there from Nov to Feb, I didn't get to experience it.
Pros
Very nice and clean break room and bathrooms, people were very nice and management was great
Cons
Got laid off due to lack of work and having to go through a temp agency
Do your job. Get paid. Strict about attendance. Not too pushy or demanding but expect you to do your job.
Crate (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMay 25, 2018
Decent pay per hour. Decent benefits. Good 401k plan. Mostly friendly people. Clean work environment. Very high safety standards. Summers are busy. Winter not so much.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Can be a lot of overtime during peak periods.
Hard Culture Pivot
IT Manager, IT Operations / Applications (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNMay 25, 2018
Be prepared to work with a 100 year old culture, slow, with several technology leaders that have never worked in the IT industry outside of Andersen. It is changing, new blood is being infused, but they are frustrated! The lack of trust and wide spread indecision within the IT leadership ranks - breads dysfunction and it impacts the their teams.
Work pius work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNMay 21, 2018
This job was my first job in the United States where I handled screw drivers and pliers to work. It was not easy but with determination, I learned quickly on the job and became one of the dependable employees on the assembly line.

I didn't know how to handle screw driver or a drill but my supervisor taught me and worked together as a team,
Pros
At times we had free lunch, training session
Cons
We had 15 minutes break before lunch
Great company!
Value Stream Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNMay 20, 2018
Andersen Corporation is a great company that gives you the tools to succeed! The managers are always there to help and will guide you on the right path.
Solid Organization
Director of Enterprise Logistics (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNMay 20, 2018
This company know its direction. Not quick at making decisions, but when it does it moves quickly and fiercely. Need to continue to surround themselves with talent.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Leaderhsip turmoil
New department, poor management
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNMay 16, 2018
100 series is a cheap fibrex window that is manufactured in Bayport and in Texas. But in Bayport you could compare it to a zoo with the management being animals as well. The work is great, simple and anyone can do it. Management is the worst part about this place. So if you don't mind the heat and want good pay with easy jobs, then this is the place for you. But if you can't handle being a slave and guinea pig and aren't level headed enough to not blow up on the management, I would turn elsewhere.
Cons
Short breaks, non paid lunches, not climate controlled
Bypass this company. There are much better companies to work for.
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 23, 2018
Andersen in Lansing, IL is a union shop that forces all production employees to join teamsters 731 in order to work there. Once you're in, you become ineligible for any kind of profit sharing, no 401k participation for union employees either. Pay is low. Supervisors are pressured to meet production goals, which mean treating workers like machines. No Christmas bonus. An annual christmas lunch is 45 minutes long and you stand in line 15 minutes for a serving of chicken and mashed potatoes. Annual company picnic is the same. Its only 45 minutes and is held in parking lot. My biggest disappointment with this company is that it didnt raise wages or acknowledge workers in any way after the big corporate tax break was given to companies. This is one company that does not give a rat's tail about its production employees.
Pros
Can't think of one positive.
Cons
Low wages and a union that does nothing to help
free pizza to increase productions and courage to implement good employment environment
I am a certified QC. (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 4, 2018
I am a QC Check and a Welder and I did the Welder the best to drive the production on at least ten lines at Andersen Window Corp. I am the best of the best producer and you never have someone like me since the production never goes up all these 27 yrs. I came to get it up every lines they used me to put me there at the welder that day; I got every 216 windows as expected 200 windows all the times that I have never let my boss down as most and all the times they all liked me so much to the planning on those lines I would never be forgotten.
Slow paced easy place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 26, 2018
Good work place but lacks hours and better management. Peak hours in spring and summer. Low hours in the fall and winter. Lowest paying factory in Marion Ohio
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Short breaks, lack of hours, bad management
Horrible place to work
Door to Door Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 20, 2018
To be fair I haven’t worked there since 2009. It is very possible things have changed. I was lied to about the progression of my accounts and when I confronted my employer I was fired and re hired in the same ten minutes. It was no where close to a professional atmosphere.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, pay, integrity
It pays well... That's the only good thing.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 20, 2018
Management is kinda garbage. The payout is good, but unfair based on shifts. First shift makes less, but has to do what seems like twice as much work... If on first shift, Expect to come in to many issues and improper setup. Excuses for this are usually "Lack of training". If this is an excuse, Off shift management needs to step up the game with training their employees. Line specific drama is a thing, and you will notice favoritism to an extreme. Absolutely unacceptable. You may question whether or not all of this is worth the money you make, but I have yet to leave. We shall see.
Pros
Decent wages for cost of living.
Cons
It depends on who you are.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNMarch 12, 2018
Andersen's is a great place to work. The people are great, everyone is like family. Downside is the pay. I love what I do and am a hard worker, take pride in my work. Wish I got more compensation for what I do! I believe one should get more compensation for producing more as I can crank out many orders & take several calls throughout the day. Having the many years of experience in my profession has led me to be able to multi-task and be able to produce a higher volume of work daily!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay structure
Lots of opportunity to move around
Operations Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNMarch 7, 2018
Lots of opportunity to move around especially if you are part of engineering or supply chain. There are several facilities to give you options to new choices
Loved the other operators aupervisor and lead were ridiculous
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNMarch 6, 2018
If they had a different supervisor and lead for night shift would of been alot better good luck if youre a woman if the woman lead don't like you or supervisor no matter how good,of a worker you are they will,find,a way to,make,you,lose your,job the lead won't,help you if you don't,know what youre doing,she will just be rude,and walk,away and treat you poorly. Supervisor is inappropriate and if you don't allow him to be you will lose your job the company,itself is amazing,guess,it,depends which crew youre on,
Good pay, good work lift balance, lack of upward mobility
FP & A Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNMarch 5, 2018
Good work life balance
Some issues with management and upward mobility
Decent culture
Good pay
Good Benefits
Finance dept not real solid in regards to management
Hard
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I struggle everyday with lifting windows , door, and guards of trucks and I couldn't stand delivery days because Im not tall and taking product off trucks and putting it back on another truck was stressful and left me beat out of energy and sore
Pros
A lot of breaks
Cons
It was a struggle to move products sometimes and they want people to do some task by self.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andersen Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight