Anderson Center for Autism Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you are ready for it
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Working with children with autism can be difficult if you are not ready for it but solid co-workers and a house manager that does not micro-manage really help everyone do their job to the best of their abilities.
Changes you mentally
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYAugust 24, 2018
- Working with really tough kids
- I was fortunate to have a good school staff team
- Residentially was horrible; no support; staff got seriously hurt
- Not compensated enough
- Concerns raised to management never addressed
Anderson
Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYAugust 9, 2018
A good place to work and move up. decent compensation. Downside: Being mandated, a lot of responsibility, high turnover, high stress environment, upper management is not fantastic
Grateful for the experience
Residence Manager Adult Services (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Anderson Center. Although at times you worked countless hours and dealt with many challenges the work was extremely rewarding. The staff that I worked with made the days fly by and we still remain close friends. I loved helping the individuals have the best quality of life possible. We all went on community outings and local events which was so much fun to see the smiles on the client's faces. Anderson Center is truly a special place to work!
Pros
benefits, awesome staff, great client's
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
Tough
Day Habilitation Instructor (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYMay 14, 2018
Low pay for the stressful work environment. You will love working with the participants. However, management and lack of organization can make things hard. It is easy to become burnt out.
Fun place to work.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYApril 30, 2018
Great employee development programs. Great support staff. I would definitely recommend this institution to any job seeker looking to work in the same field.
Very good environment to work at. Great people and great mission
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYApril 29, 2018
I love being at Anderson Center For Autism and love everything they do and the reason behind it. The quality of life mission is great and I stand behind it everyday. The people there are amazing
Benefits
Cons
Wages
Cool Place to Work
Full Time Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYApril 19, 2018
This is a unique environment of special individuals who work tirelessly to assist a difficult population of kids and young adults. What a rewarding place to work!
Overall good place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYApril 10, 2018
Overall good place to work, bu t you have to like the work you do since sometimes it is mentally tiring, You also have to believe in the work you are doing since this field is difficult.
Pros
Free food for DSPs
Cons
No official breaks
Fast paced and exciting
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Every day is challenging and exciting. It takes a special type of person to be able to do this on a day to day basis, but after almost 5 years I still love it and all of my children.
Pros
A good challenge
Cons
The pay could be better
good for transitioning.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJanuary 23, 2018
It is an ok company to work for, staff was nice. Very organized work environment depending on the house and location that an individual is placed in. Training is sufficient.
Teacher Aid
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Morning would consist of getting Kids ready for school dressed n breakfast. Then bring them over to the school reoport to your classroom . Afternoon get ready for them to be picked up.
stressful, good place to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYJanuary 10, 2018
you have to maintain all areas clean (classrooms, bathrooms. etc )
you'll always have something to do ie. kept busy, coworkers were nice . The only real issue is there is little to no room for advancement/ moving up. Wage is not very good
Pros
paid time off/ vacation
Cons
healthcare, benefits wages
proavtive place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYJanuary 8, 2018
I would student with achieving daily goals it was very challenging but it was well worth the experience the staff as very hands on and helpful with everything you could need help with I would love to join the team again.
Productive and meaningful
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYOctober 4, 2017
I have learned so much everyday working. Learning the residents and what autism is all about has been rewarding and a great experience. The work culture is easy to understand and to follow. Hardest part about the job is when SCIP had to be used. The most enjoyable part of the job is when able to reach the resident and see the smile on their face. Management is overall good.
Pros
Great time working with residents
Cons
When SCIP has to be done.
Great Coworkers, challenging work, short staffed
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Great Coworkers, challenging work, short staffed. Its a great place to work with very rewarding work, but it is in constant need of more employees, and management can make some bad decisions.
Pros
Great Coworkers, challenging work
Cons
Short staffed
Great work invironment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYAugust 31, 2017
Anderson center for autism provides a healthy environment for staff and a oppurtunity to build bonds and relationships with clients and peers. ACA also has a great program for those pursuing a higher education
Productive fun rewarding work place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYJuly 22, 2017
A typical day at work involves assisting the students with their daily routines. We work with them on their IEP goals and transitions from one location to the next. We provide the students with assistance preparing meals and hygiene as necessary. I have learned a lot about working with individuals with autism, which has intrigued me to further my career in the field as I currently study Applied Behavior Analysis.
Pros
free lunches, paid time off, sick time
Cons
pay, lack of communication
Great organization to work and grow with
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYJuly 10, 2017
Great job if you are passionate about helping autistic individuals to have a better quality of life. I learned so much and had the opportunity to make a positive impact on several lives.
Stressful work environment
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staatsburg, NYJune 28, 2017
I loved the idea of helping those with autism, however, the management made work like very stressful. It was tough to get a day off when you needed one, and they do not offer personal time, so if you needed a day to decompress, you had to use vacation time, or call out. The clientele are fun and you really grow to appreciate and care for those you serve. It is hard to be able to take a break at any point of the day because they are usually understaffed.
Pros
Making a difference in the individuals lives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Center for Autism. Our community is ready to answer.

Anderson Center for Autism Reviews by Location