Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

Low pay high expectations
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NHSeptember 16, 2018
Easy work but the timing of projects is off. A job they list as taking ten minutes is anything but.
Most people their hate the job and whine the whole time they work.
No communication at all.
Unless it’s negative.
They schedule you for more hrs than you agree to at hire.
You’re a vendor in a store and typically vendors are looked down upon in stores. You get the cold shoulder or treated like dirt from the shoe of store management and crew.
Good management, great co-workers, flexible schedule.
Territory Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2018
This company is growing so fast that it can not keep up with hiring enough people and training them thoroughly. They expect their employees to finish all assigned activities each week even if the amount of activities is highly unrealistic. Management and trainers are too busy to actually train and details are left untaught. The flexible schedule is one of the benefits but they are doing away with that.
Pros
Flexible schedule, creative activities.
Cons
Too much work to get done in the week, no training.
Part time merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 8, 2018
I was hired as a part time merchandiser told only 20 hours a week and that's exactly what I wanted. I have yet to have that or for them to follow my availability. This up coming week I am currently scheduled for 10-12 hour shifts not including the drive time
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Lack of respect for workers
Don't plan to have a life
sales (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I took this job under the understanding that I would work 20-25 hours/week and it would almost always be Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. I was told the schedule is flexible and that early mornings I would know about weeks in advance. When I got started, On the first day I asked about my schedule for the week and the person in charge of that said why don't you come in tomorrow at 8 at xyz store. I thought that was just because it was the first day. I quickly found out this is how the company operates. There was no schedule and I never knew what to expect, making everything else in my life impossible. They now have a schedule online but it is changed constantly so still, no planning around work. Your schedule may change on your way to work. Some weeks I would end up working 40 hours, with no prior notification. Other weeks I may get 6-12 hours and still not know day to day if I would work or how long, making planning finances or anything else in life absolutely impossible. If you have nothing in your life to need to plan around and don't care if you get a small or large paycheck, this is the job for you. If you have kids and need childcare, forget it. You may be told the day before that you need to work at 4am. You may not even make enough to cover your daycare bill for the week. Other times you may be working quite a bit. Planning is impossible.
Pros
Cons
lack of schedule, micromanaging
Good Company
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I am still with Anderson. The people are great and you get to meet a lot of nice people. Overall Anderson is a great company and the bosses/supervisors are super. They will never ask you to do something that they wouldn't do themselves. Everyone helps out.
Stressful and chaotic
Retail Media Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Be sure to be a self-starter because training is nearly nonexistent. There's is a lot of favoratism and unprofessionalism from coworkers to management.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Lack of structure and poor management
management cant make up mind what work to do when
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 2, 2018
This used to be a job I liked but now its 100 times more stressful. You never know when you'll work or where till am everyday. It was a job that kept you busy now its a I don't know I should be doing. I am a territory lead that has no say so on how to assign workers jobs to accomplish its done by a computer that doesn't know how to schedule. The job has become overly stressful.
Pros
Cons
to much micro manageing
Too many surveys
Merchandizer (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXAugust 28, 2018
Too many survey questions complete over 100 surveys. With up to 30 questions with in the survey itself. It was exhausting. And no actual support from your district managers due to the fact that everything is done over the phone
Pros
Short days
Cons
No support from you supervisor
productive
Terriory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 27, 2018
the work was constant placing product as well as helping customers with finding items , duties also included stocking, building displays for future sales of product that was agreed upon
Started well, getting worse
TERRITORY SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 25, 2018
Employees used to be able to create and maintain their own work schedules (within reason) as long as the work was completed. Now, they want to assign a start time for each employee, as well as dictate the tasks to be completed daily.
Pros
occasional free movies
Cons
constantly changing schedule
Overall was a good company to work for before auto scheduling.
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MIAugust 25, 2018
Anderson just implemented an auto scheduler system cutting most of the employee hours while taking on all sorts of new clients. As a merchandiser I cannot do a complete job in less than half the hours required. This is a very physical job, which I enjoy, and work is in all departments giving you a variety of projects during the work day.
Pros
Used to have flexible scheduling
Cons
n/a
Run away as fast as you can
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
They dont tell the truth to anyone example: clients, employees, or walmart. There is virtually no work/life balance. Also they just took away schedule flexibilty
Pros
Cons
too much to name on here
It was a stressful place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 21, 2018
There were to many prejudice people in the office.there was an open door police but the issues were never taken care of.It went out of business a few years ago.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Management was horrible.
Horrible place! RUN
Territory sales lead (Former Employee) –  Grand forks NDAugust 20, 2018
Worst job ever. Will lie when hiring . You WILL NEVER have 9 to 5 like promised it’s all hours of the day and night. You WILL BE alone for 5 stores with a manager that can’t manage. Your phone WILL go off 24/7. You will drive an ungodly amount of miles daily for very very low per mile pay. Pay is stupid low for the area. They have crazy turn over rate because of how horrible they treat you, how much they make you work and how little it’s appreciated. They want you to give 100000% while paying u for maybe 0.01% RUN away don’t walk! Don’t even consider it. Grand forks ND is the worst, let go , let down, area out of them all! Not a single thing that they promise or will promise u will ever come true. The worst company ever to work for. Lies lies and more lies! In one word GARBAGE!
good/bad
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  mid MichiganAugust 1, 2018
Weekly changes in what hour you needed to be in the store. Training was nonexistent. I was put in a store that had not been serviced for months. I never had a chance to train and do the job correctly. I was never given the proper tools to adjust the computers in electronics. The trainer was very knowable but no people skills that translated into actual how to information. Promised help that never came. Was required to hire my own help for large sets, and I was under 60 days of hire.

Upper Mgr was great, but was a email or phone call to get help.
They have changed some of the positions to be less stressful.
I was real hopeful that this position would work out. And with their changes I'm sure it:s improved.
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of training.....
Terrible place to work unless one week you want 70 hours and the next 10
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEAugust 1, 2018
They make you do large resets such as chip reset ALONE. Refuse to hire extra help when needed. I had to drive around to three different stores alone to train with no extra pay or anything. never got a raise in the 7 months i was there even tho they threw me on training right after i started. this company is a joke. mandatory overnights and back to days the next day.
Pros
cell phone use
Cons
not enough pay or workers
fast paced, unrealistic expectations
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2018
If hours are already limited, it's hard to complete projects in a timely manner. Overall a great company to work for but, changed dramatically from the time I was hired in 2002 to present
Pros
paid mileage
Cons
pay rate
Self-reliant, self-paced
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 24, 2018
Nearly every day the work activities required were different. Some activities were time sensitive but for the most part I worked at my own pace with and activity list that was for the entire week. Some weeks I would almost put in 40 hrs, while other weeks I was needed 4-12 hours. Merchandising for clients was a very rewarding and interesting job.
A good place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Amirillo TxJuly 16, 2018
We had alot of fun. We setup new Walmart stores electronics department. We got to travel so I got to meet a lot of different people. We also worked in sales helping the customer and I liked that.
fun place to work
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working here. fast pace and friendly and safe environment. great group of guys and staff to work along side of. good hours and opportunity to earn additional money too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Merchandisers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight