Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Culture Has Changed, Management Lies
Not giving my title out of fear of retaliation (Current Employee) –  PlanoJune 17, 2018
Culture has changed over the last 3-4 years, we now sell time and people that we do not have to clients that we know nothing about. It seems like when we get a new contract, they go straight to the end of the line until the client is fed up with us before there is a focus on them again. We take on more work then we can and consistently push off until next week. At one point I was going to be a lifer with this company, now I am willing to leave without having a backup plan because of the way things are going.
Not a 100 year old company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 6, 2018
The company is doing a great job growing the business but not taking care of it's employees. The turn over is terrible. they expect you to work 24-7. They take on more work than can possibly be done. They need to pay people more and have workloads that are realistic. The account managers need to really come out to the stores and see how much time and effort is needed to complete the work. Don't take the clients word, as they are looking for cheap labor, and that is what they are getting now. There is no world class anything now. The morale is so bad as no matter what happens, like you have a death in the family, they expect you to get 98% of the work done, by being a bulldog and relentless.
low pay
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, GAJune 4, 2018
very long hours. you have to work not only in the department that you are assigned but you would have to go and help in other departments until the job was completed,
Pros
free damaged goods
Cons
low salary
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2018
Again don't work for this place anywhere that requires a credit card to work there is no good trust me I fell for it and was regretful of the debt it put me in and the recruiters are horrible at communication when you first get the job
Pros
Travel and technology education
Cons
Everything else
Unsatisfactory
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024May 29, 2018
Not a good company to work for as a career. It is a good company to work for to pass the time. They have lost sight of what the company used to be. You will be working extremely long hours. the hours are now ranging from 12am-12am Mon- Sun They have extremely large projects that require numerous individuals to work them and Anderson does not supply the manpower. The pay is not great for what the job entails. There is an excessive amount of travel for supervisors and you et paid the bare minimum for mileage as it falls below the Federal standards.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Competitive yet fun and interesting
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 23, 2018
There are several things to know about this company before applying. Depending on the manager you have, you can have a flexible work schedule. All they need is communication. Tuesday and Friday are mandatory days to work but that isn't too much to ask for. NR Movies come out on Tuesday along with Books; however books can be put out as early as Monday. NR (New Release) Music comes out on Fridays. This is why these 2 days can't be changed. Yes, there are deadlines for everything and YES, there are stressful activities and a LOT of repetition. BUT, I love my job and as long as you aren't afraid of lifting and walking, then there should be no problem with this job. I'm part time and still yet, I can be asked to go to several different stores per week. It's a fun job because of the fact that even though you have repetitive activities each week, you also have new ones. You meet new people, you get to work on major resets and help walmart and other companies, and just because you aren't sitting at a desk all day doing the same thing, doesn't mean YOU can't make it fun. The hardest part of the job is during the holiday season. You get the most hours and you get the hardest and most stressed out store managers griping all the time. So what???? if you think about it, what would happen if you worked somewhere like Walmart or Dollar General or even Costco? Would they let you have the day off last minute just because someone in your family was sick? My District Manager does. He is a family guy and would prefer us be with a sick kid than at work. When I had the flu, I was  more... hesistant to tell him I was sick because it was a Tuesday. He told me to take off and get better and HE COVERED my stores himself. My DM has our schedules done by 12 (noon) on Friday unless otherwise stated. He will sometimes add available hours on Wednesday for the work week, but you DON'T necessarily have to work those hours. I love this job more than any other job. Yeah sure we have had changes but I've been with the company for 4 years and I still get a card each year congratulating me on my anniversary and it is HAND SIGNED by all of our office people. When you work for a company like Anderson Merchandisers, you feel more like a family rather than just another worker. Keep that in mind! And as far as the pay, I make more with Anderson as a Part Time associate than I do as a Certified Nursing Assistant Full Time in a nursing home.  less
Pros
Meeting new people, working with a great group of co-workers, pay, 401K for Part Time, Feels like a family!
Cons
Last minute notification of having to cover a different store (But that still isn't that bad)
good part-time job
Anderson Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 22, 2018
Anderson is a very flexible part-time job. The work is very doable and the pay is decent for the type of work. All work is app based and generally activities are well spelled out.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
work independently work like more interaction
horrible place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2018
Was told I would work only in my local store but then was sent to multiple stores putting over 200 miles on my vehicle in only one day. Not enough help because they could not hire anyone. Was falsely accused of not working when I did multiple weeks working almost 70 hours going anywhere they asked. Manager did not stick up for me at all. Did so much for them only to be unappreciated in the end.
great
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 15, 2018
great a wonderful company to work for. they take great care of us and will as training us for the growth and development with the company. always looking to promote within the company.
Not Hard At All.
Flex Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed the job. The short period of time i worked there. It isn't a hard job to do. The different tasks/jobs are just time consuming. I have nothing bad to say about Anderson
Pros
Hour lunch, nobody hovering over you
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, long hours.
Management was rude
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 14, 2018
Manager was so rude. Did not communicate well at all. Part time turned into full time. Told it was a part time position but management kept scheduling for full time, then got angry when reminded I was part time. You are told that over night resets are a rare occasion not true. I worked over night resets at least once sometimes twice a week or more. Then expected to keep up with my store. insanity.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
everything
A great job but poor leadership
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, MEMay 12, 2018
Was so excited to get this job but realized quickly that my trainer was impatient, rude and make nasty comments about me to others. Liked the job but couldn't handle rudeness
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
not enough hours
Good company
Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAMay 11, 2018
I learned a lot while working for Anderson Merchandisers. I respected both of my assigned supervisors. There is constant change within the job. This might be problematic for some people.
Nice management
Media rep (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAMay 11, 2018
Terrible hours and low pay. Fast paced work. Early morning hours but not enough hours to go around. Expected to do work in an allotted amount of time.
Productive work everyday
iTeam Brand Advocate/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 8, 2018
I was able to gain knowledge about technology and share that information with store staff personal as well as correct all merchandise plan on the floor.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management
Great Part Time position for college student
Part Time Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYMay 7, 2018
Typical day is working with Retail chain stores for building corrugate displays and servicing a multitude of different products for that retailer. Ive learned its a challenging work environment with something new to be built or learn almost every week. The position requires a self starter someone who is given a small amount of directions and able to complete all tasks weekly without direct supervision and able to please the Retailer you are servicing. Overall a great place to work for and very flexible for college students needing a solid job without alot of stress.
Cons
No paid days off for PT, no vacations for PT
Typical dat
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARMay 6, 2018
Very Busy doing many different projects during the day, never boring always something to do.
Very interesting things changing all the time, makes time go by fast.
Pros
Hours
Cons
work on weekends sometimes
Opinion
Territory Retail Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2018
The company is constantly evolving! They are the number one rated company to service huge chains such as Walmart. The biggest downside is fluctuating hours.
Fast paced and constantly changing expectations
WWHY (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2018
Fast paced and constantly changing. Not an awful place and the requests are not ridiculous, while the job security is good there is little to no chance of advancement.
Pros
Job security, pay
Cons
Advancement
Great place to work.
Tech Support _ Level II (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 24, 2018
AMerch is a fantastic place to work. I've been able to grow into an entirely new role without leaving my team. Two levels of managers above me have been going out of their way to help me progress my career, including asking about my career desires, suggesting new projects to build those skills, and giving me time to grow in those skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Merchandisers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight