Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

Fun and diverse workload, with precise instructions
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJanuary 16, 2019
This job will keep you on your feet for the entire workday while taking you all around the store. Activities are a good combination of familiar and diverse, keeping the work from being boring and repetitive .
Pros
Flexible schedule, interesting work with plenty of variety
Cons
Too many associates in one area means less hours
Stocker
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, GAJanuary 15, 2019
This place was a job, it provided me an income for my family and I. They had their picks too. They were slave drivers. They also wanted you to get production even when you were hurt and supposed to be on light duty.
Fun work place
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Portage, INJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work. Always doing something different. Very flexible hours. Great open door policies. Pay is above average and yearly raises. Some opportunity for advancement
Reps are overworked with very little support or understanding by management
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Reps are overworked
Labor does not meet needs of actual work load

District managers have very little work life balance

Like to promote from outside the company too much

Senior level management is not qualified in many cases
I enjoyed the hard working fully employed associates at Walmart. They were polite & friendly & courteous.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chelan, WAJanuary 6, 2019
My trainer had her own hours that she expected trainees to follow. She lead me around the store (wasting time) from one side to the other to get forgotten items for displays. Most of my scheduled hours were running around behind her & many of the projects didn't pertain to me, however she thought I should learn them (just in case?) There were surprise tests which one could not prepare for. In my opinion she should not ever again be a trainer or even work for anyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving, with I did. As much as I'd like to have continued with the part-time job ; I couldn't tolerate the demeaning tactics of the trainer.
Pros
A little extra income
Cons
Bad trainer
My first hour was "off the clock"... ? Nope!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJanuary 4, 2019
I'm not sure if what I'd typed earlier showed up so I'll repeat it here. Manager was 30 minutes late for meeting me on my first day... then after the first hour of listening to her talk and help me complete my paperwork, she tells me she'll now show me how to punch in. Wait... what? Nope... I wasn't being paid for any of that previous time. Oh, heck no! Quit that same day!
Pros
Cons
didn't work long enough to find out anything more
Perfect job if you live and breathe Anderson
Mobile Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 1, 2019
Things started ok. I just wanted part time hours. When the scheduling system changed you would be alerted at 4am that your entire schedule had been changed for the day. Your 5 hour shift was now a 10 hour shift at multiple stores. Sometimes they had you scheduled at 2 stores at the same time. The new system also would not let you punch out until all of your tasks were done. Some nights I was at a Walmart until midnight. And don't get me started on Walmart employees and managers. Most were rude and lazy. They expected you to have everything done on their timeline which in most cases was impossible. I felt like I lived at Wal-Mart most days. I began to really hate it. Finally after months of craziness I moved on to another job. I am so much happier. I do not recommend this job to anyone unless you have no family or friends and like stress.
Pros
Cons
They work you to death
Great opportunity
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 29, 2018
Many great opportunities at Anderson with a great group of people. Opportunity for growth and lots of time to learn skills that will help you in the future.
Would Not Recommend
Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 16, 2018
I loved the company at first.. Until I saw the poor way they choose who to promote and how they really don't care about the employees. I let them know I was going to be moving about 2 hours away from my territory, and I'd need a transfer. I drove the 2 hour commute every day for almost a year, and they seemed to forget about my transfer. So I'd bug them and bug them, still no progress. I was spending over 12 hours every day between working and driving, and 4 of those hours weren't paid because I was driving. If you'd call with any issues, no one would help you. You were thrown to the wolves.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, lack of job advancement, no thought for employees
Blah
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GADecember 12, 2018
I would never advise anyone to work for this company. Management is the absolute WORST!!! People that don't deserve promotions are the ones that get them and then they treat you like you're a nobody after you've worked your tail off!!!!
Relaxed place to work
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2018
Be your own boss, could start the day early or later merchandising store's so long the job was complete for the day. Work at one's own pace. Managers was very nice.
Long hours little gratitude
Territory Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 11, 2018
The actual company (Anderson Merchandisers) is a good company however this company is unwilling to let a client go. So that being said the "field team" is forced to spend not enough time or focus in clients that actually need it
Merchandising
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 11, 2018
Working at Wal-Mart stores was convenient. Traveling between stores was not. Nor was I paid to travel between stores. A reconstruction of the sales areas left no room for me.
Pros
work with the public
Cons
work with the public
Run
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Normal,ilDecember 4, 2018
Was hired over phone never met a supervisor worked with full-time merchandiser.He only works 3rd shift and I was supposed to assist this nutjob.I'd end up working day off. My last day I walked off due to hostile full-time employee.could no longer take his weirdo , manipulative and hostile personality. They take on way too many projects, not enough people, poor scheduling and they don't care about you.
Pros
Local
Cons
No observation from supervisor, ft employee treats u like ur his slave
The job itself wasn't bad
Retail Merchandising Specialist - FT (Former Employee) –  IowaDecember 3, 2018
Working as a merchandiser within various different companies was difficult. Each place you were required to visit and set up a display would have different procedures for checking in with management, or finding your signage or equipment needed. Often they would have misplaced your required information or signage.
absolutely the most unorganized company i have ever seen
part time merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Texarkana TexasNovember 30, 2018
my trainer was a very poor communicator and very rarely gave an intelligent response to any of my questions.

hired as part time but no one could explain what my work schedule would be.

low compensation level for what is required on the job.
Pros
Cons
bad training and communication
Fast paced work environment
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Central City, KYNovember 29, 2018
Overall I believe Anderson Merchandisers is a great company to work for, I just wish the hours wasn't cut in half. I have worked for them for a year..
Pros
flexible hours, fast-paced
Cons
less hours than expected
Understaffed
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2018
Not a bad job if you like being your own boss and don't mind dealing with Walmart staff. But were severely understaffed in Denver and not enough people were consistently working to help cover all that needed to be done in stores.
Too many tasks to do for a small team, overworked and underpaid.
Pros
manage yourself
Cons
underpaid overworked understaffed
Too many changes
Part Time Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 27, 2018
The job would be ok it it didn't have so many changes. They work you for more than what they want to pay you. Also, when you're considered part time you get full time hours but no paid vacation. You never know what store you may end up at the next day until around 4am when the new scheduling system decides to put you somewhere else or adds two more stores for you to service that day when you only had one. Most of the Wal-Mart's you service have very rude management and are very unorganized, which makes it difficult for you to find the product you need to complete your tasks for the day.
Pros
Pay for mileage
Cons
No consistency, management, poor training
Too much work
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 20, 2018
You are definitely over worked at Anderson. They will do anything to get the job done. Management lies. Upper management is constantly breathing down the District Manager neck. If your worn they will do anything to get rid of you and lie.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Merchandisers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight