Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

No time at home
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDNovember 12, 2018
It was very busy. I had 3 days of training before I set out on my own... big resets, and that with little help, I have a baby, not new born and not a toddler, it was very hard to see my son on a weekly basis, I asked for time off and it was hard to get during the week, weekends were almost mandatory to get things done regardless of whether I asked for it off or not. I was asked to train someone when I didn’t feel comfortable doing so
Benefits
Cons
Work to life ratio
Productive work environment
Sales Merchandiser/District Manager (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 11, 2018
Anderson Merchandisers is a challenging and exciting place to work. I have worked there for over 11 years and feel that the company has treated me well from the beginning.
Used to be a great place, not any more.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 8, 2018
Anderson Merchandisers used to be a great place to work until around August 2018 with their new scheduling system.

You're given tasks that you never expected to do and that you were never trained for, which makes you look like an idiot to Walmart's department managers.

Your schedule changes every morning at 3am so you never really know when you'll start or finish for the day.

You will be required to regularly lift boxes in excess of 50 lbs and Walmart's warehouse workers are bullies and refuse to help you move anything that they put in your way. You'll have to climb ladders just to check to see what's actually in those boxes that no one ever marks for you.

You will spend most of your time searching the warehouse for your materials and then having to move Walmart's freight out of the way so you can get to them.

People are leaving in droves. You are given activities that you will never finish in the time allotted. I felt like a slave.

Lastly, upper management does not give a darn about you as a person AT ALL. If you call to complain about ANYTHING AT ALL, they will tell you that you can turn in your resignation if you don't like it. This has happened to me twice now so I know what I'm talking about.
Cons
I enjoy this job more so than anything else I have done.
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 1, 2018
Tuesday and Fridays are the early morning start days. Sometimes I have to be there at 6 am, sometimes I have to be there earlier than that. It all depends on the size of the store, and what needs to be done by a certain time. I have noticed where a lot of people are complaining about no communication, no notice for early shifts, and a lot of random shift changes at the last minute. Let me say this, your boss will eagerly communicate with you. If your having issues taking days off, which are not being approved, then know that your district manager will let EVERYONE know at least three weeks in advance when there will be a block on vacation days on less it's an emergency. As far as no notice for early shifts, we are all given a two week pre-awareness activity to take which lets us know what day we will have to be in the store early to set modulars. So you do get two weeks advanced notice. The new schedule is terrible, but once again, if you communicate with your TSL and Distric manager, they will let you know of any adjustments that can be made to better benefit your ability to have a home life. The job is veryhands on and fast paced at times, which makes the day fly by. I like working alone and this job is perfect for that. I have been with the company for over a year now and i have gotten a raise so dont be fooled into thinking you will not get one peing part time. you just have to earn it.
Pros
Seasonal free products, hands on activities, great people to work with
Cons
Schedule issues(which can be worked around with good communication with your bosses), some store management is very hard to deal with.
This job is for people with no family responsibilities
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 30, 2018
This job is not for everyone. I am only suppose to work part time from 8am to 12pm daily but the job turned into an early a.m. start to late afternoon with OT. I know that most people would like the hours but not if you have kids to take and pick up from school.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Family and work balance leans a lot more to the work side
Hard work, long hours, but good opportunity to gain experience.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 29, 2018
low pay for hourly workers
huge seasonality shifts in work volume

solid culture
decent management team
good opportunity to gain work experience
Love the work
Territoy Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 28, 2018
I loved the work I did with this company. However, When I left I had advanced as far as I could go, and my family was growing. The work I did for them helped me to cultivate some great business relationships that, to this day I keep in contact with.
Pros
Exciting at times
Cons
Must be self driven, self starter, lack the fear of the word No, be able to smile through muddy days, and be 100% self reliant. Willing to do whatever it take to get your job done
can be fun
Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 24, 2018
can be fun but most of the time its like running around trying to get everything done in a timely manner but you just dont have time to finnish and there is no one to help
Pros
flexible
Cons
reset seasons
I enjoyed working there
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAOctober 23, 2018
Working with Anderson was great flexible work hours and I still was able to spend time with my son. I was able to travel and get to work with different people and I learned new things.
Pros
Paid travel time
Cons
Sometimes you work late hours
You can work your self to death! Part-time people don't get pay raises!
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2018
Go full time because, you work full time hours anyway! At least you are more likely to get pay raises and paid vacation pay. However, you are still responsible for your territory to be completed while you are on vacation!
Pros
Cons
Work yourself to death!
Loved the job... not so much the management
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New Boston, OHOctober 17, 2018
No real training. It was amazing being able to work alone most of the time. The only thing that really made this job stressful was the massive amount of back stock. I reported countless times that the companies were sending way too much product and the items just weren’t selling but the boxes just kept coming.... anyway, if you have a good regional sales manager then things should run much more smoothly for you.
Pros
Working alone
great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntington WVOctober 15, 2018
an excellent company to work for. loved the hours the pay was great. management was fantastic I liked the vatiety of things to be merchandised and the flexible schedules
Pros
pay
Cons
no breaks part time
I enjoyed working for Anderson
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Anderson Merchandisers. They helped me grow into a very successful employee. It was a fantastic experience that will be hard to follow for future employers.
It is what you make it
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAOctober 8, 2018
I really liked this job... That is until they changed scheduling. With the new system it is impossible to know where you are supposed to be and what you are supposed to do when you get there. That being said, there really are some amazing aspects to this company.

You will really work hard. There is not a day that will go by where you are not multi-tasking. It is very challenging. That is what I liked. The hours flew by and before I knew it, the day was over. You will have to have retail knowledge in order to perform some of the tasks, but you can learn it along the way.

The perks to this job include free movies, saving points to use to buy items from the company and you can always look forward to a Christmas present in the mail. They also offer 401K, health insurance, a savings plan and several other benefits that are valued by employees. These are for full-time associates, but there are a couple for part-time employees as well. Part-time employees do not get raises, but full-time employees get them every year.

The people you will meet and form professional relationships with are INCREDIBLE. These people are always just a phone call away. It is what you make of it though. You need to stand out and perform your job well in order to get others to assist you: you get what you put into it. Management can be under-performing at times. You can sometimes call them for help and nobody will ever call you back. However, when they do call back, they will be very informative. It's not the MANAGER that is the problem. It is the amount of work they have that makes it hard to get
  more... the time to return your call. This can be detrimental to your service to a client if you need immediate help.

All-in-all, Anderson was a great place to be employed. You will travel but you will get paid WELL to do it. The bad thing about the job is that it is not well coordinated. You will be told one thing, and then you will be told to do another instead. You can never fully understand a process because the leaders are never in sync. Also, the scheduling process the company has just adopted is new to them. You will never know where you are supposed to be until THAT day. You get your schedule every Sunday for Monday-Friday activities. There is really no room for family time. On Monday your schedule may say you have to work 5 hours at a store. Then at 7am it will change and you may have to work 9 hours at a different store. You never know what will happen or what to tell the store managers or what you can personally plan for that day.

Other than scheduling and some management issues, the atmosphere is very busy and it takes a TON of communication. I worked for the company for 3 years as a territory sales lead and loved it. If it was not for the scheduling issues I never would have left.
Pros
free movies, wonderful people to work with
Cons
Scheduling, poor company management
anderson was a great job 3 years ago before micromanaged
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 7, 2018
clock in Walmart from company cell phone ,complete activities for clients tasks, inventory,,stocking, signing,pricing, solicitation ,bulid displays organizing product and signing back stock interface with management daily to report spotlight for the week
Pros
week end off
Cons
hours and work load do not match
Horrible place to work..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALOctober 7, 2018
They give you a work phone to use and that's where you find your schedule, pay slip, etc.. Well anyway, you will get a schedule at night then in the morning it will be totally different from the previous one. On top of that when you get to the store you had to work, they would tell you that the schedule changed and you were supposed to be in another store across the county an hour ago. The management is horrible to say the least, he never backs you up regardless if you were even involved or not, he will NOT help you with the schedule any, he also will never accept days off that are truly needed as well. I was going on vacation and he never accepted the days and i told him 6 months in advance. The work hours are trash as well. I worked an average of 4 hours a day and when i got a raise it went down to 2 or 3 a day. They will punish you if certain things are not set correctly and half the time, in Jasper, AL, they wont let you set it where its actually supposed to go. The punishment usually was that you had to work at midnight or work weekends, and when i say work at midnight I mean they scheduled you in the middle of the night and made you go in to release like a movie or two for like a month or so. They will NEVER take your word for anything even if they were standing right there when it happened. Every time you get a raise they will cut your hours, sure you will make $13 an hour but you only work 6 hours a week. The work load is horrible too, I worked there for nearly two years and the first year and a half i had no help, just constant stress about how I'm going to get all  more... the work done this week. Jasper Walmart management will yell and scream at you and never listen to your explanation on anything, they will also report you for things you didn't even do and cant even control. In my true honest opinion, its probably the worst company anyone can work for. I will NEVER go back to work for them no matter what.  less
Pros
Meet new people
Anderson Merchandisers
Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCOctober 3, 2018
Things started out fine when I was part time, not many problems, 1 store, no biggie - until they started giving me full time hours under part time.
Got promoted, having 6 stores with little to no help so things just started going down hill. Due to too many clients and not enough employees to please the clients, I was putting in 70 hour work weeks with little to no time off.

Then comes their new computer schedule system which they thought would improve efficiency but it did just the opposite. Now a computer generates your schedule daily between midnight and 4 a.m. so you never know where you're going or what your doing till the very last minute-kiss any personal plans goodbye. Flexibility got tossed when this new system came into play.

I was with Anderson for a year and didn't receive a raise, they told me I would have to wait another year because of promotion.
If you must join Anderson, be sure the territory you work has reps at each store with no plan to quit.
Ok
Territory Sales (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OhOctober 2, 2018
Use to be better. Now they throw too many projects at you and you are not prepared. They don’t reward the people that excel very well. They give raises but they seem trivial for the amount of effort that the true leaders put forth.
Pros
Some free movies but those are less and less
Cons
New scheduling, they overlook too many things
Company has lost is way
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2018
This company no longer practices is values and 10 Rules. It once felt like family, now it feels like any other company that does not treat it's employees like family.
It is a very fast paced, extremely busy company.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 1, 2018
It is a great company, but can be very stressful. In the call center department, we all work from home. The scheduling is great and we sometimes have optional and mandatory overtime.
Pros
Great schedule, work from home.
Cons
Very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Merchandisers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight