Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Zero job security
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 18, 2018
I should have known when I showed up for my first day. My trainer/supervisor was 2 hours late. If you are working with someone good luck knowing exactly when they will show up. Hours are meh some days good hours others you show up just to be sent home. Lucky to get a break and to get your work done you typically work thru your break and lunch.
Pros
Local
Cons
Overworked or no work
A good place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Amirillo TxJuly 16, 2018
We had alot of fun. We setup new Walmart stores electronics department. We got to travel so I got to meet a lot of different people. We also worked in sales helping the customer and I liked that.
low pay
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 10, 2018
lowest pay with no raises, can never finish work way overloaded, every week feels like a set up for failure because its way to much work . for 13.25 an hour they expect way to much
Very busy
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, it was stressful at times but it also was relaxing a lot of walking which was good the only part I think like I had to travel from jobs to jobs which was kinda far.
Very Sressful, Wal-Mart management very hard too work with in my stores
TSL (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJuly 6, 2018
Too many projects not enough time, person I worked with was lazy, manager didn't care as long as it got done. I worked between 50-65 a week. I was penalized for doing thing my District Manager trained me to do after he was terminated
Pros
No one watching over you
Cons
not enough time get get projects done in time they allowed, Wal-Mart management and employees are hard to work with to get things done
Often said one thing but turned around on what they said
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 6, 2018
I told this company from the beginning that I needed a job with some flexibility. I only lasted a couple of months bc they went back on their word. And my lead trained me with the frame of mind that we were “equals”. He mostly berated and argued with me via numerous texts. If you’re the kind of person that needs to work and doesn’t mind that kind of atmosphere, then this is the job for you. I don’t know how the company works across the county but I do know it’s poorly managed in Columbia.
Pros
Pay
Run away
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2018
I am on the edge of quitting. Projects keep multiplying without the human power to get them done. While working on one project you will receive incessant texts/calls about why isnt another done. They expect one person to do the work of 4- 5. Dont expect a pay raise; not happening. Territory Sales Leads make ONE whole dollar more than part-timers. They raised their (part-timers/flex) base but not ours. This is blantantly unfair. Ill go to flex part time; still get at least 40 hours and no stress. The benefits (which i pay for) are not woth it. Do not take this job.
Pros
Not a darn thing
Cons
Everything; low pay being the biggest con
Anderson was a wonderfu company that is undergoing many changes
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 26, 2018
Anderson was a wonderful company that is undergoing many changes to survive. Some good but most not very good for the employee.Very poor work/family life balance, Little to no room for advancement,

Pay raises are very minimal and extremely seldom.
Pros
Strong history of good relations in the stores
Cons
Very poor work/family life balance, . Little to no room for advancement, Pay raises are very minimal and extremely seldom. Management is poor.
Workload exceeds actual amount of people working for the company
TSL territory lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 24, 2018
In 5 months I went through 3 district mangers, 2 regional mangers, and got no support to complete assignments. It takes weeks for someone to figure out what's going on or what the actual issues are. I spent more money driving to work locations during the week than i was getting back in per diem.
Pros
Set your own work schedule, no upper mangement hounding you.
Cons
Low pay you can work another job with less work and less stress and Get paid equal if not more.
Provides job advancement
SALES FIELD (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 24, 2018
Anderson promotes hiring from within. They provide in-depth training for their leadership trainees. They follow-up on trainees and ensure they are learning at the correct pace with all the tools necessary to succeed.

Job/work balance is pushed to the limits for field associates. There are simply too many projects and not enough associates/hours to complete. It is causing great stress on their associates.

They do ensure associates not work off the clock and that they take appropriate lunch breaks.
Pros
Training
Cons
Too many projects, lack of hours, lack of workers.
Work overload
Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 24, 2018
Too many projects, and not enough time allotted. No work life balance. This company does not care about it's employees. No room for advancement. People go many years without raises.
Pros
Cons
High stress, pleasing Walmart management. You have no life balance.
Culture Has Changed, Management Lies
Not giving my title out of fear of retaliation (Current Employee) –  PlanoJune 17, 2018
Culture has changed over the last 3-4 years, we now sell time and people that we do not have to clients that we know nothing about. It seems like when we get a new contract, they go straight to the end of the line until the client is fed up with us before there is a focus on them again. We take on more work then we can and consistently push off until next week. At one point I was going to be a lifer with this company, now I am willing to leave without having a backup plan because of the way things are going.
great for independent employment
Brand Advocate (Former Employee) –  MississippiJune 8, 2018
This company is great for independent employment. You work on your own with company goals. If you have a large territory, you could get tired of the travel and wear and tear on your vehicle. This company pays well though.
Not a 100 year old company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 6, 2018
The company is doing a great job growing the business but not taking care of it's employees. The turn over is terrible. they expect you to work 24-7. They take on more work than can possibly be done. They need to pay people more and have workloads that are realistic. The account managers need to really come out to the stores and see how much time and effort is needed to complete the work. Don't take the clients word, as they are looking for cheap labor, and that is what they are getting now. There is no world class anything now. The morale is so bad as no matter what happens, like you have a death in the family, they expect you to get 98% of the work done, by being a bulldog and relentless.
low pay
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, GAJune 4, 2018
very long hours. you have to work not only in the department that you are assigned but you would have to go and help in other departments until the job was completed,
Pros
free damaged goods
Cons
low salary
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2018
Again don't work for this place anywhere that requires a credit card to work there is no good trust me I fell for it and was regretful of the debt it put me in and the recruiters are horrible at communication when you first get the job
Pros
Travel and technology education
Cons
Everything else
Unsatisfactory
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024May 29, 2018
Not a good company to work for as a career. It is a good company to work for to pass the time. They have lost sight of what the company used to be. You will be working extremely long hours. the hours are now ranging from 12am-12am Mon- Sun They have extremely large projects that require numerous individuals to work them and Anderson does not supply the manpower. The pay is not great for what the job entails. There is an excessive amount of travel for supervisors and you et paid the bare minimum for mileage as it falls below the Federal standards.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Competitive yet fun and interesting
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 23, 2018
There are several things to know about this company before applying. Depending on the manager you have, you can have a flexible work schedule. All they need is communication. Tuesday and Friday are mandatory days to work but that isn't too much to ask for. NR Movies come out on Tuesday along with Books; however books can be put out as early as Monday. NR (New Release) Music comes out on Fridays. This is why these 2 days can't be changed. Yes, there are deadlines for everything and YES, there are stressful activities and a LOT of repetition. BUT, I love my job and as long as you aren't afraid of lifting and walking, then there should be no problem with this job. I'm part time and still yet, I can be asked to go to several different stores per week. It's a fun job because of the fact that even though you have repetitive activities each week, you also have new ones. You meet new people, you get to work on major resets and help walmart and other companies, and just because you aren't sitting at a desk all day doing the same thing, doesn't mean YOU can't make it fun. The hardest part of the job is during the holiday season. You get the most hours and you get the hardest and most stressed out store managers griping all the time. So what???? if you think about it, what would happen if you worked somewhere like Walmart or Dollar General or even Costco? Would they let you have the day off last minute just because someone in your family was sick? My District Manager does. He is a family guy and would prefer us be with a sick kid than at work. When I had the flu, I was  more... hesistant to tell him I was sick because it was a Tuesday. He told me to take off and get better and HE COVERED my stores himself. My DM has our schedules done by 12 (noon) on Friday unless otherwise stated. He will sometimes add available hours on Wednesday for the work week, but you DON'T necessarily have to work those hours. I love this job more than any other job. Yeah sure we have had changes but I've been with the company for 4 years and I still get a card each year congratulating me on my anniversary and it is HAND SIGNED by all of our office people. When you work for a company like Anderson Merchandisers, you feel more like a family rather than just another worker. Keep that in mind! And as far as the pay, I make more with Anderson as a Part Time associate than I do as a Certified Nursing Assistant Full Time in a nursing home.  less
Pros
Meeting new people, working with a great group of co-workers, pay, 401K for Part Time, Feels like a family!
Cons
Last minute notification of having to cover a different store (But that still isn't that bad)
good part-time job
Anderson Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 22, 2018
Anderson is a very flexible part-time job. The work is very doable and the pay is decent for the type of work. All work is app based and generally activities are well spelled out.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
work independently work like more interaction
horrible place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2018
Was told I would work only in my local store but then was sent to multiple stores putting over 200 miles on my vehicle in only one day. Not enough help because they could not hire anyone. Was falsely accused of not working when I did multiple weeks working almost 70 hours going anywhere they asked. Manager did not stick up for me at all. Did so much for them only to be unappreciated in the end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Merchandisers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight