Anderson Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Adequate
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 18, 2018
I worked at Anderson's for a fairly short period so I am not a good judge of long-term employment with them. My station there was adequate. I was not happy with my hours at the beginning, but I was advanced to a much better shift. The pay was adequate at the time, but would not be near enough at this point in my life.
Productive and birthday parties
Revenue Cycle Clerk (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 5, 2018
Come in early print reports.
I've learned a lot about Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Management at times can be fair.
Everyone is under a lot of stress to get more and more done.
The stress.
Birthday parties
pros and cons
Admissions Clerk/ Financial Counselor-shift leader (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMay 6, 2018
Admissions have its advantages and disadvantages. Very team oriented for the most part. Leadership and communication can be better. Not a terrible place of employment
Hospital
Intern (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSApril 9, 2018
Hospital was fairly maintained. Staff were not all that helpful upon beginning of duties. Surgeries performed were old school method. High turnover of staff in the ER
okay place to work
admissions (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 9, 2018
very stressful, no paid vacations,3 holidays a yr.Most people are nice and easy to get along with. next to impossible to move up the ladder. no extra benefits or pay, just more responsibilities. incentives not worth it.
patient
Receptionist/Medical Record Clerk (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 18, 2018
answering phones, scheduling new patients, taking call records for the nurse to call patient back. Pulling charts for the next day. scanning procedure notes from procedures that day.
Productive fun workplace.
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 16, 2018
Quick paced learning environment that was easy to adapt with fun loving co-workers. Excellent computer software that was easy to learn which made my job stressful.
laughable at best
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 16, 2018
Manager is totally delirious and completely makes things up to fit her narrative. Totally fine until things don't go her way. This attitude extends all the way through to other departments (they refused to verify the time I worked there for the US dept of Education...)

Medicine is practiced in an old school, paternalistic manner, the management could care less - just as long as they can come and go as they please....No wonder the place is struggling financially.
Unit Secretary (telemetry) (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 8, 2018
Busy, fast paced work environment. Opportunity to grow and excel. Always great to work with patients and their families. Different shifts available to fit your need.
Difficult but rewarding job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 13, 2017
Working here gives you a chance to experience multiple levels and degrees of patient care. The staff are helpful and work well together. Opportunities for overtime and a self scheduling program.
customer service
Hospitality specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 8, 2017
I would recommend this position or others to this branch. It provides you to utilize your communication skills and welfare of knowledge. Also provides diversity among your peers.
not a very friendly place
INTENSIVE CARE RN (Former Employee) –  meridian msOctober 31, 2017
not a very friendly place there is a lot of negativity and unrest among staff. the culture was unpleasant.............................................................
Pros
getting paid
Cons
everything
Very fast paced environment and great starting out experience
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 28, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Awesome first place to start career out as a new nurse and get as much experience as possible. Very much recommend this place.
Case Management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 3, 2017
Case management at Anderson's included utilization management of departments, Interqual management of the ER. Enjoyed the variety of work assignments. Pay was below average for position.
high volume in er
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 31, 2017
its not the job it was a good job just the co-workers.dealing with the different people and the hardest part was dealing with someone loved one death
great
RN (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 23, 2017
Great facility to work at. Management is lacking. The facility is always understaffed for the patient census. After furthering my education they did not try to find a position to fulfill my higher education.
Cons
no relief
positive place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 4, 2017
positive place
positive workplace
great hospital
great pay
clean and positive atmosphere
positive role models
great insurance and benefits and vacation
They could do better.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 19, 2017
My unit was frequently short staffed and the nurse to patient ratio was ridiculous and unfair. They are too meticulous about anyone getting overtime.
The employee discount in the cafeteria and the gift shop was a joke, you were better off bringing your meals and buying gifts elsewhere.
On the brighter side, my co-workers were awesome and we had a few nurse managers that were too.
Pros
Great co-workers, Some good managers
Cons
Being called off for low census, No overtime, Employee discount in cafeteria is a joke
Great job
Revenue Cycle/Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 14, 2017
Great place to work. Great management team. Room for advancement. Great job incentives. Pay is good. Great training staff. Over all fun place to work.
Very good learning experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at Anderson. I began my career as a nurse there. Co-workers became family, I cared a lot for my patients. The hardest part was losing a patient to cancer after getting attached to them a and the family. I enjoyed taking care of different types of patients and dealing with their families. I enjoyed this job very much but I was looking at the grass is greener..
Pros
co workers, learning experience
Cons
understaffed