Anderson Trucking Service Employee Reviews

Good place to work id your single
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 1, 2018
This is a good company for a single man or woman. Not the idea place for a family man. You can make good money here. Learn alot of things about over sized equipment. They give you the opportunity to travel outside the united states.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Just not. Enough home time
nice trucks
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 12, 2018
lease purchase is a fair deal there is money to be made with hard work. dont expect to be home a lot.Need to out working to pay the truck payment and other espences.
dispatch was easy to get along with
Truck Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN 56301August 3, 2018
always had work, office personal always kind and polite, they gave a place to rest and relax and gave family time as needed, they are big on family, always got treated with respect
Pros
free lunch
Might not be a job for everyone
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working for ATS but can also understand it may not be a job for everyone. You have to be comfortable making cold calls and have a tough skin. You will hear "NO" a lot more than you hear "Yes".
The managers were great at the time I worked there but as the job titles escalated you just become a number and no longer a person. Simply replaceable by the new recruits coming in the next month.
I would consider working for them again but I am also glad I tried something new.
Pros
logistic managers, daily lunch options in cafeteria
Cons
Micromanagement from upper management
Great work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  MNMay 8, 2018
Anderson Trucking is a wonderful workplace. Great experiences and learning opportunities. Employees treated like family and great collaborative workplace. Fun and exciting employee benefits and events to keep workdays enjoyable.
Transportation is a fast paced industry and ATS is one of the leading companies in that industry. Attainable goals and great ways to keep moving forward!
Pros
Fun employee involved events and themed weeks, catered lunch options daily, health and wellness program, family oriented company
Good employer
Fleet manager (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud mnApril 29, 2018
Good employer, competitive wages. Position pays base salary plus monthly bonus/incentives. Great for self motivated individuals as your commitment level reflects in your paycheck
Great starter company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 7, 2018
I have nothing bad to say. They gave me the experience I needed. I learned by job efficiently, while keeping in touch with my trainer. The pay was decent for a beginner just starting out.
Pros
Get you a great dispatcher. I had a great one
Cons
Don;t turn down loads or you'll be sitting
Real good company to work for.
Trucker/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 3, 2018
I would recommend ATS to everyone that’s willing and able to be otr. You’ll make a lot of money. They are pretty straight forward and they have some nice trucks
Pros
Cool company to work for.
Lease Opperator
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 9, 2018
Hi truck repair cost, Low pay. Long hours no home time. At end of lease they make up things that's wrong with truck and send an outrageous bill and tell you that you have to pay it.
Travle is required
Pilot Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 5, 2018
If you love traveling love a fast paced well alert job than this can be a fun job.
map reading skills are a must.
must be able to get out of the vehicle to flag traffic if needed
Great Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 21, 2017
Company drivers are treated with respect and admiration. you are definitely not a number with this company. they have many opportunities for advancement and going from company driver to owner is easy and beneficial.
Anderson Trucking
Operations Consultant and Sales intern (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNNovember 28, 2017
Worked as both Operations Consultant and Sales intern to increase ATS’s client base through cold calling and networking. Skills in customer service, sales, logistics, marketing, problem solving and communications.I finished #4 of 23 interns and was praised on my ethics in and out of the work place.
Independent Contractor
Lease Operator & Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 21, 2017
Anderson Trucking service is a unique place to work. They provide you with lodging and meals at orientation. By day 4 you are in your truck signed in contract to you for 1 year and down the road with your first load. The pros include very good money when the demand for your skill is high. When there's plenty of freight to choose from, prices increase across the board. Usually, a company that has been in business for a while has a good supply of dedicated clients that will have trailers pre-loaded. This is a good thing. It means, you arrive, drop your empty trailer and at their notice, pick up a trailer that was already pre-loaded prior to arrival - which means, you're on your way down the road in no time. However when the freight slows down, several things start to happen; the carrier tries to hire new freight brokers. Some of those freight brokers negotiate freight with the shipper at sub par standards for us independent contractors. If you get enough of those low rates for which they charge and there aren't enough of other good freight to pick from, you can actually have a negative pay check. A negative paycheck basically means that you made no profit and still owe the carrier you contracted with a truck payment or part of it (taken out of next weeks check). This happened all too often at this company which is why many leave in search of other companies with better freight brokers. This is the hardest part of trucking as driver.
Pros
Excellent money, benefits.
Cons
Low rates on linehaul.
heavy haul transportation
Shop Foreman. Diesel Repair Trainer, ATS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
Great, work environment, working with great people, enjoyed working with the drivers and taking care of their tractors, a great bunch of guys, not only In the drivers, but also dealing with the corp. office and dispatch managers, I would recommend working here.
Pros
t-shirts during the summer months, cattered or BBQ' D food once a month for all staff, fun work environment, ans safe.
You really want a paycheck?
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 7, 2017
So, if you enjoy working hard and not getting paid for your work, this job is for you. I could earn $4,000 in a week, and the only thing I would see out of it would be $400-$500, and that only because I requested an advance.I once went 2 weeks without a paycheck while working for this company. I don't recommend it to anybody, they will rip you off, and leave you to fend for yourself to get back home. Stay away, stay very far away from this company.
Pros
I was in a new truck?
Cons
lack of paycheck
To much stress dealing with simple common sense issues
Owner / Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Not a place to consider for long term career. Upper management is not completely involved with the middle and lower management issues that go on in the daily operation. Middle management won't react to driver comments and suggestions that are critical to the safe operation of trucks and safety of the driver. Only interested in how much money they can take from the driver when he leaves.
Pros
Free driver lunches
Cons
To long of hours per day, poor scheduling of drivers time, To much time waiting for the next load, management not able to make decisions on common sense issues.
Not For Me
Regional Carrier Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 30, 2017
Just was not a great fit for me. Poor management, stressful environment, poor pay, long hours, no recognition for working extra, I planned on staying a while but could not stay any longer.
Pros
Nice Facilities
Cons
No breaks, poor pay, poor management, stressful
Thieves
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Everywhere USAJuly 30, 2017
Will work you to the bone, not route you home and will push you till you drop. In addition they will only offer you the cheapest freight around, just enough to pay your bills and keep you struggling
Working for ats
Class A CDL Truck Driver lease operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 17, 2017
This is not a good job at all. They pay lowest rates I have seen. The rates are the same as I received when I started trucking in 1983. They will not send you where you need to go when you want to. No benefits want to keep you on the road for months at a time. The management is no good. The lease rates are over priced. They will tell you there is a $2500 sign on bonus. You will only see in your pocket the 1st $500. After that they figure out a way to take it away from you .There is supposed to be a $4000 dollar lease completion bonus . They only way to collect it is surrender iit to buy a truck through 1 of there dealerships. I have witnessed them pulling a lot of shady deals on other drivers. Not to mention I'm trying very hard to get away from them.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Unsatisfactory
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 4, 2017
Working for Anderson Trucking Service was not satisfactory. The company pays a low percent on the cost of freight. Also the company was giving low paying loads which kept me in the negative as being an Owner Operator.
Pros
Cons
Low paying loads, No benefits, No home time