Anderson Trucking Service Employee Reviews

They will starve you!
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Southeast fleetApril 14, 2019
It stayed out good the first two years. The last two months they starved me,they lost so many customers. There is dispatcher on the southeast fleet that is married into the family and does what ever he want. He harasses intimidates and bullies drivers. I would never recommend this company. I also think he is a racist as well. I did not have a pay check my last 3 weeks with the company they starved me tell my lease was up. If I wouldn't have had savings I would of lost everything. They say they have a open door policy but it is a lie. They will not let you talk to a anderson. All my friends who drive for ats are quitting it's awful here. They brought incompany drivers and are starving the lease operators. They kicked me and several lease operators off of a dedicated acount and brought in company drivers because profit margins where greater. They have a good old boy system
Pros
Cons
Everything about this comoany especially the bully who dispatches on the southeast fleet.
Terrible
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 3, 2019
This company does not stand behind drivers. Bad home time. The steal your escrow and maintenance find at the end. Truck was in shop 1 week before I left and had all problems fixed. Left a week later and the took $4000 from mainframe fund for repairs.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Productive and fun working place
machanic (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSApril 1, 2019
It was a good place for a young man trying to learn different things . It was a fun work site .Different trucks cars . Tires machines a lot of different people came around .But most of all he took me under his wing and showed me how to be come a better young. My biggest part of the day was some one I could talk to and show me the way to the world.
Pros
Free lunches
Lease operator(no money here)
Lease operater (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2019
All they care about is there lease payments getting made and the maintenance fund growing because your not going to get that back by the way.There completely unorganized when it comes to keeping you rolling on and if you turn down a load plan on sitting this company is all about hauling cheap freight and the lease operator cant even pay there phone bill...yeah...that's pretty bad and I haven't been home for 3 months because I cant afford to take time off.If your homeless and need a place to live and make $200 aweek this is your company other then that your wasting your time.Way to much sitting around there costumer service team are about dumb as a box of rocks...oh yea...and they take 35% of your stop pay as well along with the load so you do the math.....talk about doing a driver dirty....
Pros
Cons
Bend over
Stay away
Contract (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 27, 2019
This place doesn't care if you have family. If you are in the lease category they could care less about you and love to keep your bank account in the hole. They have bad fleet managers. I have been in the hole for 3 months because they only give me loads that are 1500 dollars to my truck and that's exactly how much they take out for the truck fees. But who cares I guess as long as they get paid. Never ever work for this company.
Pros
Good for not answering your calls
Cons
Everything you could possibly think of
unfair
Truck and Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 22, 2019
the place had good employees but the main manager did not know what he was doing, but acted like he knew everything and that he was always right. never any compliments when you do a good job and always telling you when you messed up
Great people to work with
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 19, 2019
Worked there long enough to make it to class 2 driver hauling over sized loads. Was injured on the job and had to quit. Was not on a forced dispatch, but take the jobs get the pay
great place
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 1, 2019
Delivering freight from one location to another. great place to work i enjoy driving the hardest part of the job is the changing weather condition. you never stop learning out here driveing for living
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Anderson truck line was a very laid back and enjoyable place to work. I personally would love to have another job like it. I mean it has it's ups and downs but it was one of the better places I have worked and enjoyed it alot.
Pros
Cafeteria 401k benefits
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun work environment
Internship (Sales & Operations) (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Throughout ATS, there is room for growth along with great employees always willing to help you. The opportunity for career advancement with this company can be done as long as you put in the effort.
Terrible place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNDecember 17, 2018
Stressful. Upper management sits in their offices while everyone outside grinds away. Terrible benefits - No maternity/paternity leave for expecting parents. Extremely poor pay scale except if your last name ends in A or if you're a friend of the Anderson's and were given an upper management role. Don't work here
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Way too much to list
good company
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WINovember 1, 2018
terminal manager in Milwaukee, wi was able to manage terminal without any corporate interference and was treated fairly by the entire Anderson family.
Wish it was better
open (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNOctober 17, 2018
Do as I say, not as you are treated. If only management treated the their direct reports with the same respect that they expect us to treat drivers. Management is rarely on the floor yet you need their approval to do things.

I truly enjoy what the company is trying to do.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
middle management
Nice person to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamont, ILOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed this job very much because I am a people person. I spoke to many nice customers over the phone. I also liked the fast paced part of getting loads out on time. My boss was very nice and trained me and let me ask questions about my work any time.
Pros
Nice boss
Highly recommend
Lease Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 16, 2018
Anderson Trucking Service is a good company offering good opportunity. I was able to do well financially at Anderson Trucking Service. They have very strict safety requirements more strict than average industry standards.
Good place to work id your single
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 1, 2018
This is a good company for a single man or woman. Not the idea place for a family man. You can make good money here. Learn alot of things about over sized equipment. They give you the opportunity to travel outside the united states.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Just not. Enough home time
nice trucks
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 12, 2018
lease purchase is a fair deal there is money to be made with hard work. dont expect to be home a lot.Need to out working to pay the truck payment and other espences.
dispatch was easy to get along with
Truck Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN 56301August 3, 2018
always had work, office personal always kind and polite, they gave a place to rest and relax and gave family time as needed, they are big on family, always got treated with respect
Pros
free lunch
Might not be a job for everyone
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working for ATS but can also understand it may not be a job for everyone. You have to be comfortable making cold calls and have a tough skin. You will hear "NO" a lot more than you hear "Yes".
The managers were great at the time I worked there but as the job titles escalated you just become a number and no longer a person. Simply replaceable by the new recruits coming in the next month.
I would consider working for them again but I am also glad I tried something new.
Pros
logistic managers, daily lunch options in cafeteria
Cons
Micromanagement from upper management
Great work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  MNMay 8, 2018
Anderson Trucking is a wonderful workplace. Great experiences and learning opportunities. Employees treated like family and great collaborative workplace. Fun and exciting employee benefits and events to keep workdays enjoyable.
Transportation is a fast paced industry and ATS is one of the leading companies in that industry. Attainable goals and great ways to keep moving forward!
Pros
Fun employee involved events and themed weeks, catered lunch options daily, health and wellness program, family oriented company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Trucking Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Anderson Trucking Service Reviews by Location