Anderson Trucking Service Management reviews

Lease operator(no money here)
Lease operater (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2019
All they care about is there lease payments getting made and the maintenance fund growing because your not going to get that back by the way.There completely unorganized when it comes to keeping you rolling on and if you turn down a load plan on sitting this company is all about hauling cheap freight and the lease operator cant even pay there phone bill...yeah...that's pretty bad and I haven't been home for 3 months because I cant afford to take time off.If your homeless and need a place to live and make $200 aweek this is your company other then that your wasting your time.Way to much sitting around there costumer service team are about dumb as a box of rocks...oh yea...and they take 35% of your stop pay as well along with the load so you do the math.....talk about doing a driver dirty....
Pros
Cons
Bend over
Stay away
Contract (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 27, 2019
This place doesn't care if you have family. If you are in the lease category they could care less about you and love to keep your bank account in the hole. They have bad fleet managers. I have been in the hole for 3 months because they only give me loads that are 1500 dollars to my truck and that's exactly how much they take out for the truck fees. But who cares I guess as long as they get paid. Never ever work for this company.
Pros
Good for not answering your calls
Cons
Everything you could possibly think of
unfair
Truck and Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 22, 2019
the place had good employees but the main manager did not know what he was doing, but acted like he knew everything and that he was always right. never any compliments when you do a good job and always telling you when you messed up
Terrible place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNDecember 17, 2018
Stressful. Upper management sits in their offices while everyone outside grinds away. Terrible benefits - No maternity/paternity leave for expecting parents. Extremely poor pay scale except if your last name ends in A or if you're a friend of the Anderson's and were given an upper management role. Don't work here
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Way too much to list
good company
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WINovember 1, 2018
terminal manager in Milwaukee, wi was able to manage terminal without any corporate interference and was treated fairly by the entire Anderson family.
Might not be a job for everyone
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working for ATS but can also understand it may not be a job for everyone. You have to be comfortable making cold calls and have a tough skin. You will hear "NO" a lot more than you hear "Yes".
The managers were great at the time I worked there but as the job titles escalated you just become a number and no longer a person. Simply replaceable by the new recruits coming in the next month.
I would consider working for them again but I am also glad I tried something new.
Pros
logistic managers, daily lunch options in cafeteria
Cons
Micromanagement from upper management
Good company overall but needs better management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augusta, MNOctober 25, 2017
Great work environment. Company did a lot for the community through charities each month. Promotes personal wellness. The company needs better management.
Not for everyone
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at ATS but it is not a place for everyone. There is a lot of turnover within the Logistics side of this business. Good news for them though is everyone is replaceable from day 1. There are good managers that fight for their team but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of respect above them. Like I mentioned, everyone is replaceable and the customers/prospects stay with the company so its a win either way for them.
I understand the bottom line numbers are those that matter most but if they could find a way to retain employees, that number would increase even more. By doing this, they would have to listen to what the employees want and I don't anticipate that happening.
Pros
Team managers
Cons
Flexability
To much stress dealing with simple common sense issues
Owner / Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Not a place to consider for long term career. Upper management is not completely involved with the middle and lower management issues that go on in the daily operation. Middle management won't react to driver comments and suggestions that are critical to the safe operation of trucks and safety of the driver. Only interested in how much money they can take from the driver when he leaves.
Pros
Free driver lunches
Cons
To long of hours per day, poor scheduling of drivers time, To much time waiting for the next load, management not able to make decisions on common sense issues.
Not For Me
Regional Carrier Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 30, 2017
Just was not a great fit for me. Poor management, stressful environment, poor pay, long hours, no recognition for working extra, I planned on staying a while but could not stay any longer.
Pros
Nice Facilities
Cons
No breaks, poor pay, poor management, stressful
Working for ats
Class A CDL Truck Driver lease operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 17, 2017
This is not a good job at all. They pay lowest rates I have seen. The rates are the same as I received when I started trucking in 1983. They will not send you where you need to go when you want to. No benefits want to keep you on the road for months at a time. The management is no good. The lease rates are over priced. They will tell you there is a $2500 sign on bonus. You will only see in your pocket the 1st $500. After that they figure out a way to take it away from you .There is supposed to be a $4000 dollar lease completion bonus . They only way to collect it is surrender iit to buy a truck through 1 of there dealerships. I have witnessed them pulling a lot of shady deals on other drivers. Not to mention I'm trying very hard to get away from them.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Average Company
Owner Operator Dry (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN 56301June 14, 2017
Company is average. Pay is not what is promised. A typical day is sitting at customers for hour waiting to get loaded. Management is very helpful but don't want you to go home. The hardest part is not being able to go home and at the end not having much money for your trouble. The best part is being on the open road and my fleet manager.
Challenging environment with little support
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 23, 2017
If you love being thrown under the bus, this is the place to be. Finding blame is easier than finding solutions and the unrealistic expectations ever seem to get easier.
Horrible company. Don't expect to be paid.
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 14, 2016
First year was amazing. Then this year little to no pay even with driving 2,500 to 3,250 miles in a week. We have had to contact a lawyer and they are still refusing pay. Do not work for this company!! Very rude management from the top down. Poor response time to any issues that come up and they have a tendency to lie. Go somewhere else for employment.
Pros
Cons
Horrible work ethics, horrible insurance, horrible home time, little to no pay
I enjoyed working at ATS and the people that I worked with.
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud MN USAJuly 7, 2016
I would prospect and cold call new customers as well as meeting with customers face to face. I also worked to managed and cultivate business from existing accounts. I learned to have excellent communication and business development skills. I respected the management team and particularly enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was negotiating between clients and carriers to make sure that the deals where as fair as possible to all parties. I most enjoyed communicating with my customers and developing new business.
Great Place to work
Regional Carrier Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 23, 2016
Very awesome culture and very easy going. Somewhat repetitive workload. Great management but not a ton of room for growth except in the long run.
Pros
Cons
Room for growth
Harsh verbal enviroment with no punishment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 15, 2016
Need to improve the atmosphere in which employees work. How they talk to drivers and one another. Verbally abusive, language
Pros
Cheap catered lunches
Cons
No support, lack of bonuses
Great Family owned company
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 20, 2016
Day was busy from onset to end,
Great supportive management for the claims department
Family -owned, so had access to the "Big Boss" and he was there to see his staff in action
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Pay was low
I like everything about ats inc,you control your destanation
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 19, 2015
Pick up load and proceed to destination.Every day on the road you learn things about your job and yourself,you stay in touch with management everyday,for me there were no hard parts to the job.The most enjoyable part...Getting paid'
Management only worries about themselves!
Lease Purchase Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 23, 2015
They say they care, but they don't. They aren't interested in anything that you have going on in your life. They don't care if you don't make a paycheck, as long as they are making money. They play favorites. Your deductions per week are super high with this company. The only good thing is they have a walk away lease after one year. Dispatcher named Mark is the worst fleet manager I've had since I had been driving trucks! Stay away from them. Bait and switch professionals!!
Pros
Walk away lease program
Cons
High weekly deductions and low paying freight in regional work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Trucking Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Anderson Trucking Service Reviews by Location