Andis Company Employee Reviews

Relaxed
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 19, 2018
Great if you’re looking for temporary work. I left early because of maternity leave, but I would definitely refer someone to this job. I was a temp, but I would have loved to be hired on. Getting hired on as a regular employee takes about 3 months & zero attendance issues.
Pros
Relaxing environment
Cons
Pay to low
Toxic
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 13, 2018
Upper Management makes promises on shop floor only to not keep them, management covers themselves at the cost of employees jobs. Six to Seven days a week is a way of life, leaving no time for family. Shop level employees are hunted if they make enough money. Recently the company suffered theft of some hundred thousand dollars. Suggestions by employee are ignored. "Excellence, Integrity, and Respect" is nothing more than their tagline. This is demanded from shop level employees while management disrespects employees and veterans.
Pros
Piece work Pay
Cons
Toxic atmosphere, poor leadership and management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJanuary 3, 2018
Working at Andis was the best job I've ever had, the people were helpful to each other, they cared for their workers and working wasnt boring and exahusting like other jobs. Hands down the best place to work if you're looking for a job!
Pros
The music in the back ground and being able to sit or stand while working
Cons
If you're a temp, you may not be kept
Challenging environment with growth potential
CNC Operator/Setup Person (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 24, 2017
Typical day at work:

Receiving assigned work cell and work to be performed that day. It may be just running production all day but also may include tool changes and or setup changes.

What I learned:

Before working at ANDIS CO. I had never operated a horizontal trigger activated and hybrid, servo-converted mills. With mentor guidance and self-discovery I became proficient with setting them up, and troubleshoot issues most issues common to these two types of mills. They are a very different animal from CNC mills and will prove to be a bit of a challenge at first.

Workplace Culture:

The workplace culture is a fairly laid back union environment. I can’t talk for first or third shifts but second shift is populated with dedicated hard-working operators most of whom are happy to help out a co-worker on a moment’s notice.

Hardest part of the job:

I would say the hardest part of the job is in the beginning when an operator is first becoming familiar with the traits of the machines and our production software system and procedures. After a week or two the most common transactions become second nature to most new employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

The most enjoyable part of the job at ANDIS for me is the same as any other company it comes from working hard to be one of the best operators in the shop knowing I made good quality parts and had higher than average production numbers.
Pros
10 min break, 20 min paid lunch, available health, and dental insurance as well as 401k match.
Cons
Frequent mandatory Saturday overtime shifts.
Fast paced and keeps you busy, yet.....
Production Planner II (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Andis and i miss my colleagues. I was busy from the time I started until the time I left each day. Unfortunately, management makes changes and I became one of the changes.
Pros
Owners/locally owned
Cons
Top management tends to be absent most Fridays
Good company, bad experience.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 9, 2017
Andis is a good company to work for in the sense that they pay decent and offer benefits. I had a bad experience with some of the people around me and I was having trouble keeping up with the work.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and we could listen to music while we worked
Cons
Boring work and bad people
Buen ambiente laboral, muy tranquilo.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIAugust 1, 2017
Buena empresa, el ambiente es bueno, los jefes y compañeros tambien, lo unico que para mi necesita revision... es el sueldo... deben de aumentar a los empleados mas de 25 centavos al año.... por lo demas todo muy bien....
Cons
El salario esta por debajo de las expectativas.
it was fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 27, 2017
it was hard but it was a good company to work for i mean it a lot of people not dong their job so I to pick up the work speed i learn to speak to people when they need help or question i got to help when the new people came in because the line lead had help other people but when working there had to be fast and working really hard
Pros
free lunch
Cons
two break
Productive work areas and everyone is like family.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMay 28, 2017
Everyone at Andis treats you like family on the lines you work on. It becomes a routine of how things are done there, if you have stories to tell as you work it makes time go by so quickly.
Not the best for staying there almost two years
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 24, 2017
I honestly really have no problem with the work, at all. Its all the gossip and the people acting like children when all of these people are adults. Its the high school type drama. Those are the reasons i cant stay at this place. Besides that, its a really great place to work, they are very generous with the holiday time off and we get a dinner served to us right before christmas, they hand out actual hams to the people in the company, and depending on the days they fall on, you get christmas eve through new years paid off. Five stars for the company itself but three stars for the coworkers
Pros
Benefits, hams, dinner, and health risk assessment
Cons
The coworkers, the hours (2nd shift) and the line leads do nothing to help most of the time
Good place for work but poor management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 14, 2017
I learned a lot with working at Andis. I learned how to fix and work with certain machines. I learned how to solder and fix and make clippers. I learned over 5 lines within Andis. I got promoted to being line trainer and then to line lead. I loved the job it was a great experience but the most difficult part was dealing with management and my coworkers. I had problems with management wanting to to help out where it was needed and then my coworkers would feel as if I was being favored. It was a hard situation I had to deal with because I was friends with a lot of people at Andis.
Pros
Coworkers, the work was easy and good, good benefits, and good hours.
Cons
A lot of favoritism going on with elderly, management didn't really handle situations as best as they could, and they don't know how to communicate with there coworkers.
Productive and great place to learn!
Product Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 26, 2017
Working at Andis has been a great opportunity! From working trade shows to working in the office, the atmosphere is great and fast paced! The people in the office are very welcoming!
Pros
Great environment!
Productive Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 5, 2017
A typical day at Andis Co. was never to overwhelming.

the most enjoyable part of the work day was when you make your rate for the product that you are assembling.
Family owned
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 18, 2017
You get a steady 40 hour paycheck weekly with no ot unless it is mandatory. It is the same people every time that get ot management show favoritism there. They should rotate ot sence it is limited. You think you work with adults, but there is a lot of high school drama. People getting other people fired by lieing and conieving beware. Management can be unprofessional in solving problems by taking sides they show favoritism. Benefits seem great it is a good and stable company to get hired in. Andis is a family owned business that's been around for a long time. They seemed to be a down to earth people.
Pros
Benefits, Christmas shut down, Xmas party, give out free hams at Xmas, diversity..
Cons
Managment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJanuary 6, 2017
Andis is a wonderful place to work if you like building things such as clippers, hair straighteners, air dryers and etc. Also excellent hands on training.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, WIDecember 28, 2016
Es un trabajo en equipo los supervisores y lo cerredores de linea muy buenos
Solid decline in management since generational leadership change.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 30, 2015
Andis has declined greatly during the last 5 or 6 years. The company has lost direction, solid management, and the ability to adjust to stakeholders needs. Overall loss of value to employees, customers and general community.
Good place to gain experience, laidback
Lean Technician (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant WIJuly 6, 2015
As a Lean technician, I spent my time creating schedules, training new employees, and dealing with any issues with equipment. I learned how to motivate other employees and how to place people where they work best in order to get the best production. I met with supervisors, engineers, and quality control regularly to express any concerns on behalf of my line(s). I spoke with 1st shift line leads before my shift began to coordinate and to exchange any information about the day's production. Management was for the most part supportive. there were some issues when the long-time second shift supervisor switched to third shift. I think the hardest part for me was the commute when I moved here to Milwaukee. I really did enjoy getting the opportunity to lead others and learn about the manufacturing process.
Pros
employee discounts, health, insurance, 401(k)
Cons
management, no exception policies, mandatory overtime
Wonderful family business that shared 25 years of my life with and gained many close friends
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 7, 2015
I enjoyed my job, most of it, and always had a sense of loyalty to be there and on time. The best part of my job was the people I worked with. You don't find that very many places where you have your close friends at work! A typical day was usually upbeat and we would try to find the good in anything negative that might come up.

I learned to work as a team member. The first few years working there, I was pretty much left to myself to do my job. But as the company grew, we were developing a new culture and it meant depending on others to help me get things done. It was difficult for me at first, but I believe when I left others would verify that I was a good team member.

I have always enjoyed working with numbers so the data entry I think was the most enjoyable and of course when I reconciled the account and it would balance the first time.

The hardest part of the job for me was month end deadlines. I would rather be sure my figures were exact and I didn't always have the extra time to do that at month end. I hated making mistakes.
Pros
Flex hours in the summer, vacation time was easily scheduled, great people to work with
Cons
No breaks the last year I worked there. My last boss was not a people person.
Learned to do new things
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 30, 2014
I learned how to do punch press,grinding, drill press operator. Set up the lines, run the lines, clean the lines
Pros
Learned alot of new stuff
Cons
Hard work