Andover Subacute & Rehab Center

Working at Andover Subacute & Rehab Center: 35 Reviews

United States35 reviews

careplacemanagementworkingworkemployeefacilityfree

its okay to start out with

I wouldn't recommend this place its okay when you start but than everyone changes the longer you have been there. Its is also a very fast pace work environment.

Productive and fun workplace

I work in packaging in the flower room there isn’t enough words to describe how fun it id and how excited I am to come to work everyday! Everyone is so kind and considerate. I absolutely love working here and its a great company. I feel very welcomes everyday and I honestly love it so much i dont even wanna take my breaks!! Its really a great job and I plan on keeping this job as my everyday job for years to come. We definitely have a great team and we all work amazing together to get the job done and ro reach our numbers everyday!

Andover Subacute & Rehab Center insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Racism and unrespectful from the administration

Very stressful environment,no support from the head. You are the first one to get the blame, while administrators don’t really cares about solving situations. That place is not a nursing home anymore, it is a psychiatric place that you have to watch your back. Not a safe place to work

Pros

Nothing really

Cons

Administrators treated employees as slaves

Security has a great team

Security is by far the best department and also the most undervalued. They have an extremely close team with really kind and down right normal people. Ran by two men who care about thereemployees. However the faculty as a whole

Pros

Strong team

Cons

Disgusting neglected facility

Multi cultural

It is a multi cultural place to work. It doesn't treat its staff or residents well at all. Have all kinds of law suits filed against them from staff and residents. It's a very difficult place to work at.

Good for beginners but no room for growth

It is a good place for those who want to have their feet at the door in the nursing or medical field. If you can work here, then you can work in any nursing home in New Jersey. Not for the faint hearted

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Always short-staffed

this place is not good to work

i hated working at this place they give you outrageous assignments they know it takes two people to do and their time limit they also penalize you for being sick or not feeling well and they are always complaining and their facility is very dirty and smelly

Pros

nothing

The people you work with

I cook I have to prep and prepare meals for over 200 people we have four others who work on different job duties. Plus a manager who doesn't manage. Everyone is very friendly. The hardest part of the job is having everyone show up for work or even on time. I love the people I cook for.

Pros

the hours aren't bad

Cons

No breaks no raises

Poor management, always short staffed

As a nurse, you are expected to care for 30-40 pt's per shift. They have lock down units for dementia patients, which is where they also keep dangerous patient's as well. The med passes are unrealistic to attain. The patient acuity is very poor, and dangerous. High turn over rates, due to such a high stress job. The high patient count makes it very difficult to provide the proper care needed for the patient's.

Pros

MANY different DX to learn about

Cons

Too many patient's for one nurse

Not for everyone

Fast paced job with high demand to detail. Constantly moving and always something that needs to be done. The employees worked as a team, the workplace felt like a local neighborhood where everyone got along. Hardest part of my job was being on your feet for long periods of time with no break.

Pros

Fun atmosphere, free lunch. Reasonable schedule

Cons

Limited breaks, fast paced.

Unproductive place

Talent draining place.hardwork not appreciated.poor management making employee not to stay long esp. The director of nursing not being supportive.dont waste ur talent and time going there.

Pros

No pro

Cons

No room for growth.

Hard work

Place is over crowded! Patients in wheelchairs crowding the halls. As soon as you enter the doors pass the receptionist area a strong smell of urine hits you. The entire facility wreaks of urine.

its diverse and incorporative

the place is unique, it incorporates diverse nationalities with different skills and talents. Andover has almost I believe 600 employees working there to support their families.

Interesting place to work for

Lo can be improved in patient care and condition of the facility is poor , sanitary problem , under staffed , and lack of advanced training to cope with several challenge residents which are work place safety issues .

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Employee protection

Nope

Very depressing work environment. Co-workers are unhappy. There has been no raises in years and even Less help now then there ever was. No matter what the complaint weather it be about how a coworker treated a resident or concerns about anything, management doesn’t care. The only thing you have to show for working there for years is days off paid. Other then that there’s nothing that would keep me there.

Pros

Nada

Cons

Great place, needs team work

Great place to work if they didn’t have the “QA’s” supervising the cna. They make the job very stressful, beside it’s a great place to work at if you want to gain experience in the nursing field.

just a mess of an establishment

DO NOT LET THE HIGH PAY RATE FOOL YOU!!!!!! that place will drain the professionalism, positivity and happiness out of you. Puts you License in jeopardy both professionally and ethically. Just wrong

Pros

Cons

everything bad and unprofessional regarding a nursing care facility

dont waste your time

everybody up there are mean and they drop a load of work on you with little to no help .poor management they over work you one call out is a problem they just not nice at all

Pros

residents

Cons

stress job

Quick pace dietary job

Andover is an easy job to do. It's quick paced and easy to catch on to. Management makes it stressful at times but it's still a workable place to be. I enjoy going in and working. I go in get my job done whether I'm an aide or a desert aid. Where I set up clean up trays in dietary to feed the resident.

Pros

Salaray

Cons

Supervisors

Lost of work

Always short and have to work with what you are given supplies are scarce and it is important to get to work on time because they are under new management

its a nice place to work

I have good and bad days at work. Like any other job. I got to work take care of the pts. Feed the pts. Get ready to go home at 3:00. Talk to he pts. Take tehm to activies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andover Subacute & Rehab Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits