Andrews Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2018
This is a great company to gain experience. I wouldn't recommend staying long term. You must be Customer Service driven working for Andrews. The work day is very busy with little help from management. You are required to work long hours. A very stressful environment to work in...
Pros
Andrews provides great incentives.
Cons
The company needs to improve it's work enviroment and Management.
Team and community oriented.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 8, 2018
A great place with a supportive company mind set and managers and staff that cared about their members and their jobs.
Managers are involved in team building, motivation of the staff to become more in the job place.
The Culture
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 23, 2018
Pretty good place to work but you have to watch your back. They are all about new process improvements however no one likes to take lead or try to further understand what really needs to be done.
Na
Telephone Sales/Service-Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Good Company to work for. Good pay and nice people. Members are friendly. They work with you and educate to advance your knowledge and skill level. They also promote from within which is always a plus.
Productive and Collaborative
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 12, 2018
I have watched this company evolve over the years of my career with Andrews. It’s is now the best it has ever been. The culture encourages collaboration, ownership of responsibility, bring foward and plan on process improvements. The benefits offered are by far some of the best, as well as the salary options. If it weren’t for my husband’s job relocating, I would have loved to stay until my days of retirement.
Pros
Healthcare, salary
call center
TSSR (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 3, 2018
This job is fun. I work with really great people. The hardest part about this job is that you are on the phone all the time and breaks are very short.
Teller Position
Teller (Current Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDNovember 2, 2017
I am a morning time teller, so I particpate in all opening procedures. Including but not limited to the settlements of the ATMS. Operating drive thru. Doing sit placemnets for my teller line. Make sure that closing procedures were completed and correct from the day before. Go over new products, procedures and promotions with my teller line daily. Make sure there are not any loose ends i need to tidy up for my senior teller. All while completeing my own projects and completeing transactions for my clients.
Has potential but ruined by management
it's immaterial (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDOctober 17, 2017
Self-infatuated senior management with no checks on their decisions or behavior destroy what could be an excellent financial institution.

Senior management demand unwavering fealty but anything that goes wrong results in responsibility being pushed as far away as possible.

Make a few loan account errors and have a loan officer position? Fired.

Waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on unwise purchases/contracts and have a 'C' in your job title? No admonishment or consequences.

Rinse, repeat.

Until they are all replaced this is not a viable employer unless you need a teller/MSR position and are passing through.
Pros
Potential given the DoD customer base
Cons
Any and everything involving management
Great Place to Work
Director of Administration (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDAugust 3, 2017
Excited to get to work early, make the most of the day and have availability to Exec. VP and President as needed. Team work was a top priority at Andrews.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Great experience starter
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDJune 17, 2017
Great to get started in a financial career as a teller. Meeting people daily is very exciting and educational. Working here taught me a lot about corporate america
Room for growth
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MD 20746June 16, 2017
Need better management and room for growth within the company. There is no pension benefits so you must participate in 401k plan. Could be a good company with better management structure
Caring and fun workplace
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ TELLER (Former Employee) –  Belgium, EUROPEApril 9, 2017
At Andrews FCU you are not just another employee, you are family. I miss working with them greatly, they have been by far the best place of employment. Only wish they had more branches that reached the west coast.
my cowoker made each plesent we were like a family
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2016
I did enjoy helping the members even some days where very challenging. I do have some great stories from helping member get their credit straight help and building their credit to purchase cars, homes and approval for a credit card
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice company but small
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDOctober 10, 2016
Andrews Federal Credit Union is a nice company to work for, but sometimes you can be told that you will be doing one thing and the rules change and it may not be what you signed up for. The position did not include sales and then afterwards it was required.
Pros
Great meetings and great gifts, free savings and checking accounts
Cons
Good health benefits.
Great benefits and flexibility
Head Teller/Financial Service Representatives (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 28, 2016
Terrific company as a whole, on the flipside there is very little to no advancement within the company regardless the overtime you put in or members you encourage you generate business to.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Lateral momentum for promotion
Bad for Temporary Employees
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJuly 20, 2016
If you come in as a temp you will wait 6+ month to get hired. The hiring from temp to permanent can take up to a year. For Full time employees they offer good benefits, match up to 6 percent for 401k. Good work/life balance.
creating a fun high energy environment
Teller Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDOctober 8, 2015
Very involved with community outreach as we educate our neighbors on saving for the next season in their life.

We believe that an inform member is in a position to make better decisions for themselves.

Our vision is to be a world class financial institution that serves our global membership through out their lifetime.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
need more professional development programs
I enjoy working with the member and co worker
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB NJFebruary 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping older member. My manager was very helpful, I learned to smile and listen to member
Productive workplace
Telephone Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at work is taking incoming calls from members and non members to answer questions, assist with account maintenance, and take member transactions. My co-workers are very friendly, helpful, and make work enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is trying to calm down irate members. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to successfully assist a member because they really appreciate the effort that is put in to assist them.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Short breaks, no room for advancement
Credit Union
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJNovember 20, 2014
At the Credit Union I was able to learn more about the selling part of banking. It helped me to get a better understanding of Banking as a whole.