Andrews Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

This is a great place to work.
Data Analyst/Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MD 20746August 20, 2019
Guided by our vision, our mission is to deliver innovative products and world class service to help our global membership realize their financial aspirations. We take pride in providing financial solutions to help dreams come true.
used to be a really nice place that looked out for the employees and members
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDApril 17, 2019
I worked in the data center of the credit union. My duties consisted of but not limited too the daily actives that kept the credit union going as back office staff. Monitored computer related equipment such as, consoles, tape drives, printers, scanners, faxes ect.... I learned to do a number of help desk related responsibilities; which included resetting passwords, downloading new software and helping other employees understand new software.
The hardest part of the job was our "end of year" process that we had to perform at the end of every year. Consisted of long hours(sometimes over night hours).
The best part of the job was my co-workers. And I loved learning new things.
Pros
nice break rooms and usually got an hour for lunch.
Cons
data center was freezing cold all year long
Lack of interest in employee satisfaction
Marketing Financial Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDApril 17, 2019
This organization suffers from poor integrity in senior management and the trickle down effects are very apparent. If you are looking for a relaxed, team friendly environment where employees and management support each other complete a task or goal than this is not the place for you. You will shine and advance here if you are willing to bend your values, use others for self gain/advancement, and don't mind a lack of accountability among peers. HR drops anyone like a hot potato if they try and disrupt the corporate culture. I found the enviroment very toxic, employees were unsatisfied and complained often but were afraid to talk about it with management. I tried to speak with HR about unfair management practices and within 48 hours was dismissed for gross misconduct and denied unemployment (but always scored outstanding on employee evaluations.) The pay is higher then other CUs in the area but it comes at a cost. It would be a great place for some who enjoy the shallow competition of the corporate world, that's just not my style.
Loved this job
Member Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJApril 9, 2019
It was very exciting helping people better there financial needs. In addition figuring out which loan or service best fit the customer. Andrews was a very family oriented job at the branch and we all enjoyed have a customer leave with a smile on the face.
Pros
Enjoyed helping people
Great Group of Management
LEAD CARD SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDMarch 31, 2019
Worked at Andrews Federal for approximately 15 years and the management team has always been great with all employees. Providing guidance and assistance to succeed in one's current position with help to excel to other positions through the Credit Union.
Pizza treat from the Manager,
User Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDMarch 27, 2019
Started at 8.00 am.,. I am happy when I can help people. Management was very helpful and professional,. work place culture was as anywhere else on the planet. hardest .
Pros
paid for college classes
Cons
I saw favoritism at the work place. This is normal.
Poor Management/No Working Support From Supervisors
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMarch 21, 2019
Unfortunately this position was purely a waste of my time. In coming into this company I expected to have a fair and equitable experience but quickly realized that they just wanted a new face to “change things” in which that was not part of my job. In turn, I ended up being hired as a part time employee working full time hours with no additional benefits. When I started with this company it became an issue that I had personal obligations that needed to be met which is why I only needed a part time position. It was difficult and frustrating working with the management team to work less than full time because it didn’t fit their schedule. This company did not provide the best support to their employees through their Human Resources division either. There were many cases where I needed to get in contact with the HR team, leaning numerous voicemails with no return calls. The only time I was able to speak with HR was during my exit interview on my last day.
Despite all of the negative attributes that I had experienced I did connect well with my direct team. It was just an overall issue with the management team not being willing to work with their subordinates and not having an openness to understand the team issues.
Pros
Good working relationship with those of similar job description. Occasional free lunch
great job for a younger person without a lot of bills
Teller (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDAugust 20, 2018
this was a great work experience , but not a job to raise a family on unless there is a 2nd income. very secure work place since its part of the military.
Pros
free banking and credit cards for employees
Cons
pay
Enjoyable Place to work
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDJuly 2, 2018
I love my co-worker. It is like a family. The CEO has an open door policy and all the SVP's and VP's of the organization are well known amongst the staff. This is not an organization in which the executive team does not have a face and is rarely seen interacting with staff.
Great Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 26, 2018
Andrews FCU has a great culture. I enjoy the company events including the Annual Gala, Health Fairs, and Employee Appreciation Days. Employees are recognized for their hard work.
Ice cream social
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDApril 30, 2018
What I like about working at Andrews Federal Credit Union was the social events we had, such as Ice cream social, the annual company picnic, the annual Christmas Party, and the health fair.
Fun competitive between branches
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJApril 18, 2018
While working at Andrews there were good days and bad days. I got along with my co-workers and enjoyed getting to know them as well as our members. Supervision at times didn't get along or weren't on the same page. One of my favorite parts about working at the CU was our potlucks, us ladies loved to eat.
Stressful environment
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2018
This is a great company to gain experience. I wouldn't recommend staying long term. You must be Customer Service driven working for Andrews. The work day is very busy with little help from management. You are required to work long hours. A very stressful environment to work in...
Pros
Andrews provides great incentives.
Cons
The company needs to improve it's work enviroment and Management.
Team and community oriented.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 8, 2018
A great place with a supportive company mind set and managers and staff that cared about their members and their jobs.
Managers are involved in team building, motivation of the staff to become more in the job place.
The Culture
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 23, 2018
Pretty good place to work but you have to watch your back. They are all about new process improvements however no one likes to take lead or try to further understand what really needs to be done.
Na
Telephone Sales/Service-Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Good Company to work for. Good pay and nice people. Members are friendly. They work with you and educate to advance your knowledge and skill level. They also promote from within which is always a plus.
Productive and Collaborative
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 12, 2018
I have watched this company evolve over the years of my career with Andrews. It’s is now the best it has ever been. The culture encourages collaboration, ownership of responsibility, bring foward and plan on process improvements. The benefits offered are by far some of the best, as well as the salary options. If it weren’t for my husband’s job relocating, I would have loved to stay until my days of retirement.
Pros
Healthcare, salary
call center
TSSR (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 3, 2018
This job is fun. I work with really great people. The hardest part about this job is that you are on the phone all the time and breaks are very short.
Teller Position
Teller (Current Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDNovember 2, 2017
I am a morning time teller, so I particpate in all opening procedures. Including but not limited to the settlements of the ATMS. Operating drive thru. Doing sit placemnets for my teller line. Make sure that closing procedures were completed and correct from the day before. Go over new products, procedures and promotions with my teller line daily. Make sure there are not any loose ends i need to tidy up for my senior teller. All while completeing my own projects and completeing transactions for my clients.
Has potential but ruined by management
it's immaterial (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDOctober 17, 2017
Self-infatuated senior management with no checks on their decisions or behavior destroy what could be an excellent financial institution.

Senior management demand unwavering fealty but anything that goes wrong results in responsibility being pushed as far away as possible.

Make a few loan account errors and have a loan officer position? Fired.

Waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on unwise purchases/contracts and have a 'C' in your job title? No admonishment or consequences.

Rinse, repeat.

Until they are all replaced this is not a viable employer unless you need a teller/MSR position and are passing through.
Pros
Potential given the DoD customer base
Cons
Any and everything involving management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andrews Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.