Andrews Institute Employee Reviews

It's an okay work environment
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 1, 2018
The working relationship between employees is really good. In fact its probably the best part of working there. Management, however, was not the best. The way things were done and tasks to be carried out could change from day to day which gave no real stability.
2 thumbs down
Doctors office (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 22, 2018
It's all about who you know in there. If you have concerns they dont listen and you keep getting treated poorly . It's a popularity contest in there like high school. If you are new to the group they bully you like you should already know the job first day and heaven forbid if you make a mistake. And there's nothing you can do about it. Very "clicky" there. And a lot of gossip. Horrible.
Pros
Looks good on a resume
Cons
Popularity contest, poor management and gossip
Referral Triage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMay 7, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. Working with the best of the best. Great place to advance your career. These physicians are top notch and many are very personable and very easy to work with.
Great team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  RehabilitationApril 19, 2018
Great name to work for. Proud to be a part of this company . Work life balance needs to improve for hourly employees. They offer holidays off in outpatient but you use accrued time. Accrued time includes your holidays, sick days, and paid days off. Never could plan a vacation.
Cons
Poor work life balance, poor pay, unachievable bonus
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 18, 2018
Great place to work, plus an amazing staff of physical therapists and PTAs. I would highly recommend working here if you get the opportunity. I loved every minute of my time here and so will you.
Pros
Great staff
Excellent
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 23, 2018
One of the best jobs I ever had! Loved working here. unfortunately had to relocate back home to help family. I would go back in a heart beat. Close to the beach and a great lifestyle.
Andrews Institute is amazing
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 24, 2017
I get to work and load my computer up and pull up all my programs then proceed to check for all supplies that I'm low on and make sure paper and labels are in printer. then i print schedules out for the next 3 working days then proceed to print all paperwork for each patients chart . I also gather all the doctors offices information that i need to request from each doctor and begin notifying each doctor office.
Pros
free lunches and snacks often
Cons
often no breaks
Expeirence working as an intern
Physical Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Pace, FL 32571June 19, 2017
I learn a lot from interning at Andrew Institute in Pace. Assist the therapist in the treatment and care of the patient, keeping the patient treating area clean,provide encouragement and support to the patient and,transport patients to their treatment area.
Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
Post-op Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FL 32561February 20, 2017
A typical work day is checking patients in to be seen and getting them ready to see the doctor. I have learned a lot from this practice. The surgical experience I receive is amazing. The hardest part of this job is not being able to do more due to circumstances that are beyond your control. The greatest thing about this job was being able to assist in surgical procedure and see the results afterwards.
Pros
Surgical experience
Cons
Not being able to advance further in the practice
Definitely Recommend
Observer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time here as I gained knowledge and experience for the duration of the summer as an intern. I would definitely recommend to anyone planning to pursue graduate studies.
Not loyal to employees
Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 19, 2016
I worked at Andrews Institute for 5 years and then two weeks after returning to work from maternity leave the doctor I worked for laid me off. I was left jobless with a newborn baby at home. The people who work here are very venomous so if you are a nice person I would stay away.
Pros
Looks good on a resume
Cons
Terrible management
SPD Technician
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 9, 2016
Sterilization of instrumentation and assist surgeons. Clean, sterilize, process surgical instruments. Pick supplies for surgical procedures. Restock surgical supplies.
Educational workplace with remarkable staff that displayed patience and aptitude in their designated fields of study
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 19, 2015
Knowledgeable and fun staff that provided an excellent work environment. Hands-on learning opportunities for students to become familiarized with rehabilitation techniques. Ability to assist with rehabilitation in a professional and educational way.
Pros
hands-on learning
Cons
could only assist
excellent
Peri-operative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 19, 2015
A great place to work, very staff oriented and financially secure
Treat a wide variety of perioperative patients and their needs
Friendly staff and co-workers. Beautiful campus.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 9, 2014
Located in Gulf Breeze Florida a beautiful area with lots of places to eat and nice place to walk at lunch. Friendly and helpful staff. High volume of cases.
Pros
Great benefits and free lunches periodically.
Cons
Driving into Gulf Breeze could be complicated, local schools near by causing slow traffice issues.
Referral Triage Coordinator
Referral Triage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FlMay 20, 2014
Great positon for a great company! Baptist is one of the leading hospitals in America and Andrews Orthopedics is world wide recognized organization for sports injuries and orthopedics.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Increase Independence and educate family re: residents level of safety with Independence.
COTA (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 20, 2013
core strengthening, UB strengthening, education re: safety with all ADLs and IADLs.