Andritz Employee Reviews

exciting place to work
Mill Wright/Welder (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2018
hardest part of the job was working for my last boss. He played favorites and was never really at work. most enjoyable part was actually doing my job. General contracting with lots of manual labor. face paced and really and awesome job! Better management is definitely something that it needs
Pros
hands on, gain lots of knowledge
Cons
feild service reps are bad to work for
Great People but lacking Management
Electrical Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 13, 2018
My typical work day was long, and my work/life balance was completely unacceptable. Direct management was clueless, and was unable to see the workload. Everyone else was fantastic to work with. Understanding, friendly and positive. I was hired for my skillset, but ended up never using any of it, due to an inability of direct management to understand my skillset or how it would be utilized at the company.
Enjoyable place to work, made many friends
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Provided administrative support to sales department and other areas when needed. My computer/software knowledge was improved over the many years I was able to spend at Andritz. Andritz is a global company therefore we had many employees relocate from other countries. It was beneficial and also fun to be able to interact with these people, learning their culture along with the knowledge they brought regarding Andritz. The day to day vibe was always relaxed however within any company, there were stressful days along with deadlines to meet which could cause for a lot of frustration. I quickly became acquainted with the situations and was able to make the best of each of those days & help others as I could. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the people I worked with and the willingness of all to be able to come together to make the company stronger.
Pros
Occasionally free lunches and holiday parties
Cons
People being too protective of their jobs
A great employment oppertunity to advance and learn.
Laborer/ Coil Winder (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MAJanuary 14, 2018
Working for Andritz Hydro was a great learning experience. The labor force as well as the Foreman and Supervisors were equally involved in daily tasks which made it a great environment acquiring new skills and knowledge in regards to generator rewinds. I
Pros
Overtime
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 30, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of first piece and final inspection. Learned about the paper mills that we produced parts for. Management was good and helpful.
Shorted pay by recruiter
Electrical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2017
My recruiter told me I was being paid the max Andritz quoted. I found out from Andritz HR rep that that was not true. Andritz quoted 30 per hour and I was paid only 19 per only. I found out after I excepted another contract.
Excellent experience
Biochemical Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 1, 2017
As part of a new division within the company it was a great and rewarding experience. I enjoyed the type of assignments and freedom for innovation. Out of the box culture and fast paced R&D, pilot plant systems and technical support .
Pros
Conferences and travel
Cons
Job security
Overall a great workplace.
Journeyman Millwright (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work was rarely ever the same as the day before. Every day you have the potential to learn something new if you have the ability to retain loads of new information. Most of the management here interacts with the actual work employees and relay the info to the upper management so the issues were communicated quite well with not mych communication break down along the way. The hardest part about this job was being away from my family for such lengths opf time. The most enjoyable part of my job an Andritz Hydro was the guys I had the pleasure of working next to, the everchanging work environment, and going all over the country and seeing so many new places.
Pros
Exceptional Wages
Cons
No Paid Time Off
High turnover in my final days.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 12, 2017
Though flexible hours were a benefit, certain staff willing to teach me and mentor me. However, sometimes false promises based on the culture. Redirection of research was heading in a different direction.
Pros
Monthly staff lunches. Clean work environment. Good available health care benefits available, and retirement plans.
Cons
Atmosphere of false promises and I was receiving instructions from abroad, sometimes second hand.
Less than adequate teamwork- Do it yourself
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 2, 2017
Management can not or does not give support to field service personel. THen will question your actions after the fact. Many questions asked shows their lack of uderstanding about the obstacles posed by customers or electrical or mechanical issues.
Nice place, the pay is not good
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 11, 2017
It's not a bad place to work. There is just no room to grow. The pay is on the very low scale. Been there 20 years and still making under 15.00 an hour.
Good Job
Supplier Quality Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXJanuary 23, 2017
They build and repair liquid and solid separation equipment. Machine shop, Fab shop, and assembly. Hardest part is the diversity of equipment and styles.
Overall a good place to work,
Accounts Payable Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I would rather not. I do my job that is expect of me. Need little supervision and do not cause proble within the group. HAve many year sof experience so I do not need to ask questions
Worked for a very, very short time
Administrative Assistant-Contract (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Worked as Temp Administrative Assistant basically editing documents and presentations, copying, scanning and putting notebooks together for Proposals. Job was easy. Co-workers nice and supervisor great to work for.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
N/a
Andritz Separation is a European based company which creates unique business situations.
Product Specialist/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Arlington TexasNovember 13, 2016
Job responsibilities are not ridged and there is a good deal of freedom to act.

There is plenty of opportunity for internal and field sales interaction.

Supervision is not strict.

Company goals are highly sales driven and results oriented.

The difficult part of the job is handling the workload while getting timely responses from Andritz Product Homes overseas.
Pros
time available for personal business during work hours.
Cons
poor performance review structure
Tough place for a woman to work
Inside Sales Coordinator Aftermarket Sales (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PANovember 9, 2016
Very fast paced
Change was constant
Had to juggle a multitude of tasks
Everything was based on money
Huge difference in the way some employees were treated
Way to much was expected.
Good benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PANovember 7, 2016
Limited to shifts no room to change for availability, had some issues while working and was let go while on a doctors note
Fun but needs management
Logistics Coordinator - Warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 13, 2016
Fun workplace however no policies in place in a lot of important areas made Work very stressful as employees did not have a written job description and because of that workloads would pile up.
Pros
Company phone, paid vacation/holidays
Cons
No polices or systems in place to help the employees grow.
Multi Functional Company
Procurement Buyer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 4, 2016
Each day is very different from the day before. It is non stop, especially with the additional projects we have been awarded. My day can range from: invoicing processing, PO or CO processes, conducting RFQ's, resolving issues pertaining to purchasing, invoicing, etc.
Great company and compensation
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 6, 2016
Very professional environment. Great healthcare coverage. The company is environmentally concerned. I enjoyed working with various employees oversees and listening to their field adventures.
Pros
Great healthcare coverage
Cons
in 2010 laptops were not provided for job continuity in case of inclement weather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andritz. Our community is ready to answer.