Android Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
a work that celebrates employee birthdays and holidays with cookouts.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 12, 2018
a typical day includes supervising a group of 20, To ensure on time delivery and quality production. I make sure every thing is running according to plan and schedule.
Pros
paid holiday, paid vacation, benefits
Cons
no retirement
mostly great employees
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 10, 2018
the work wasn't very hard, but you will be moving constantly. the management are good people that try to look out for you. some employees feel like they are entitled to special treatment and do not want to train new employees, thus making it harder to succeed at the job.
Pros
good environment
Cons
some bad employees
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 30, 2018
Employee moral is great. The environment is great there is longevity with the job if the company stays growing. They like to promote within for sure. Loved working there. Benefits are great.
manufacturing job
Shipping/Receiving Dock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vienna, OHApril 20, 2018
manufacturing job good place to work friendly place great hours steady work good working conditions clean fun work supportive management team was very helpful
Pros
fun work place
Cons
closed
high paced work enviornment
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILMarch 21, 2018
was a good company to work for, however company had a very adversarial relationship with its UAW workers. Company paid a competitive was and there was room for advancement in the company
My day at work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 6, 2018
My typical day at work was very busy working on the assembly line making dashboards we had to make sure we were making rate.

When I started the business was new and the pace was slower then when GM got started the pace went faster.
Hard to Deal With Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIFebruary 9, 2018
Worked in a lower performance auto plant and thought that the corporate management needs improvement. It's part of why the turnover at this company for management is rather poor. The specific plant I was at has not had a single manager make it more than 18 months in the position largely due to high stress from the tough manufacturing environment and large lack of support from corporate management who mostly make the job harder.

The place is honestly a revolving door for some of the best talent that comes in. I would advise against working here full time unless you are in a highly stable and well functioning plant in which case you will have minimal contact with upper management.
Grwat place short term employment or those without a family life
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Management consistently attempts to apply white collar office management principles to a manufacturing environment and even though repeatedly failing in the same manner continue to repeat their behavior. This causes constant disruption to employees best work practices resulting in higher stress and injury level.
Okay place for interns
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 18, 2018
If you're a mechanical or electrical engineering intern you get good treatment, any others are treated as secondary and are often left out. Management sometimes purposely misinforms.
Needs work
GM (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2018
They have good hours to start with so you will have a good check.
I learn many about front vehicle like the power-outlet to the wiring componed.
Management was weak causes the shifts are protected which means: if any problems aren't fix by the end of their shrift it will fall on you to do double work.
Pros
hours and paid
Cons
working behind other employees
plant work
GP-12 (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 4, 2018
8 - 12 hour shifts Monday - Friday. amazing coworkers. 42 seconds to complete each job. Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
Pros
pay check
Cons
line beak downs
No time for family.
HELO OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  ARLINGTON, TXJanuary 2, 2018
You have to work 50+ hours in order to have a good income for the week. Long hours equates to no home time or family time. Work every weekend in the year. The Union does not represent the workers. Union is there only to collect Union dues without representing the workers in any fashion. Union only backup whatever the company states. If you are in need of income go to work. But I would not suggest this company for any educated individual.
Pros
Income
Cons
Not enough to live on at 40 hrs
An Assembly Line Job
Assembly-line Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 27, 2017
If you want a job that think-less and repetitive then this is the job for you. Each station was ergonomically fit and made it easy on your body. The tasks were easy and needed to be complete in under 40 seconds.
Pros
Easy
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 19, 2017
nice laid back place to work, team leads let employees have music in ears while working, fast pace environment, not so much of hard work. Good hours..
It was a fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIDecember 13, 2017
Like working there cause everyone got along with each other and help out when needed . The work was easy and the pay was'nt so bad for what you were doing.
Pros
Free lunch every time production is met .
Cons
Really no cons from me.
some fun we had personal celebrations upon the employees and the managers
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 8, 2017
my line of duty at Android was to scan the part make sure I didn't do it twice mark it with a blue and yellow marker also install the arm on it and ship it to the next station for other duties
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
breaks we;re about 30 minutes
Excellent Company
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 4, 2017
Management and employees were great to work with although it was 10 years since I left. Great leadership, management, and a union team that was interested in doing better.
Fast paced and lots of hours
Team Leader, Line Assembly, Quality (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 29, 2017
The job is very fast paced and competitive and they offer lots hours. Its a great job for someone single with lots of time on their hands. The job also offers other incentives for the employees
Pros
Free lunches, lots of hours, school incentive.
Cons
Takes up most of your time
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington TexasNovember 26, 2017
Android is a really nice company actually my first job and I held it down for 5 years with no write ups until some back and forth with my union rep and supervise
Pros
Discount
My Experience with Android
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 8, 2017
Working with engines all day

I've learned how engines are built

Management is fair

The hardest part about the job is being on your feet all day

The most enjoyable part about the job is employee appreciation
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
High Seniority gets day shift