Andy Frain Services Employee Reviews

I love working for Andy Frain Services because of the training and ability to grow and advance within the company.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 15, 2019
As long as you are trained and understand your training you can do well in this company. Showing your knowledge of what you learn gives upper management a chance to look at your work and request you for future specialist projects.

Room for tuition reimbursement for employment gain is great. Many ways to get awards and incentives from our company.
Pros
Self Determination, good sites, travel, special projects, Great Managers and Directors.
Cons
Time management and pay.
Treated unfairly singled out
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 23, 2018
In the past working 2nd and 3rd shift on the weekends was no problem, now it seems they won't let me get extra hours that don't even come close to advance to overtime, but you let other employees get over time management get overtime, am I being treated fairly or equal, as they would say equal opportunity employee. I think they need to review their policy.

I mean if someone wants to work extra hours, don't you think you should be given that opportunity to work especially on event days, way to single someone out.
Pros
Easy company to work for
Cons
Cut corners, management want to cover their own, and not take care of think about their own employee
Do not work for this company
Full Time Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2019
Work sometimes fast paced but mostly slow. For events the security are just body's they could get to work. They are always short because anybody worth anything would soon move on. I stayed because I was at a fixed contract. The manager for my contract was scheduled to be FT but you hardly saw her. Tell you one thing and tell something different to others. She didn't know what problems or issues employees had because she was hardly there to know how to fix them. You are just a body for this company for events and don't care where they come from as long as they have enough people for the event. Wasn't even wished Merry Christmas for working. Christmas eve and New years either. But all management where home.
Pros
you might see some of an event
Cons
low pay, low hrs, bad managers, they just don't care.
was a security for fedex
Security Guard/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILNovember 29, 2018
it was something different, it had its ups and downs nothing really to say about how andy frain really was they did get me into places really fast, management was very picky, they always made me take a drug test every other week didn't know if they wanted to catch me with drugs in my system but joke was on them i don't do drugs
Pros
placed you fast in a location
Cons
favoritism
It’s the worst place to choose
Event officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2018
If it’s less than one star , definitely I will give 0 to Andy frain. But unfortunately there is nothing less than 1. If want to lake and waste your time and life work at Andy Frain. Worst management I’ve seen in my life. Relationship between management control everything. If you want to make any claim you can’t reach the HR manager you have to leav voice message . Also HR manager will send your (message) claim to the same manager. Houston management the worst Managers I’ve ever seen. Manny problems in payroll . Just because the managers have good relationships and favoritisms with Houston manager and no body can touch them. MMP manager she is so bad, also no one can touch her because she is the favorite person to Houston Manager.
Pros
Cons
Relationship and favoritisms
Overall I enjoyed working there. It's a good company
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
My only problem was lack of hours. Even though I'm not receiving full time I am still working for them. The supervisors for the most part were fair. This is a company I have thoroughly enjoyed working with.
Pros
Meeting new people being able to concerse with fans/guests. The office is easily accessible, you know what your assignment is going to be, good employees
Cons
Too many kids, h poor hourrs, acclimate weather, short break, no time to eat, fans/guests that were rude and/or drunk
Fun
Crossing-Guard (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 24, 2018
Andy Frain Services was a fun job. I crossed middle-aged children in the intersection to and from school. The kids were fun. And I got to meet many of the parents. I was kind of on my own at the intersection. So once trained, I was kind of on my own. I was trusted that way. They must have placed much trust in their employees. That feels good.
Pros
Meeting kids and their parents.
Cons
Weather elements, lack of hours, half an hour in the morning and a half hour in the afternoon, breaks up day too much.
Don’t make my mistake!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 1, 2018
Please if you care about your self don’t work here. You will not get paid correctly. There is always drama. The managers make the drama worse and add on to it. Even the higher up managers. Nothing is confidential even your social security number literally it’s out in a booklet for everyone to take even none Andy Frain employees. I had to work 70+ hours a week at times because people love to no call no show with no repercussions.
Simple repetition and Quiet
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
My work assignment was direct hire by the company on a seasonal contract. I worked as a girl Friday and got support from all departments regarding paperwork submittals, facilitating new hire, Handling emergencies. Good opportunity.
Pros
One person office
Cons
Short term contract
Easy job, poor management
Security Officer/Temporary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIOctober 17, 2018
The site and facility were in a good, safe area. The job itself was easy enough, but the consistently poor management at the site level all the way up to the regional level was incompetent, uncaring, and overworked. This combined with the complete refusal to increase employee wages produces a poor workplace.
Great working environment, very organized and social
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2018
A regular day at work was usually structured where everyone knew their post and duties. On days that I supervised, I'd check on the guards and relieve them for breaks. Most days were usually quiet with no problems, but occasionally we would have disruptive patrons that we either had to escort out, or call the police on. The best part of the job was interacting with coworkers and meeting new people.
Best Part Time job ever!
Guest Services associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2018
I love live events and this job is perfect for that. You're basically just event staff, its super easy and requires little training. You are on your feet for the whole shift though and sometimes the supervisors are less than pleasant. However if you maintain a positive outlook it can be a very fun part time job. One thing to note, almost everyone who works there has a day job so don't go into thinking you're going to make a livable wage.
Pros
fun, fast paced, get to see lots of events
Cons
very short breaks, no lunches, lots of standing
This company does need work but has potential
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2019
This is a sad company to work for they are barely organized the care for the employees stops at management almost anyone I ask about a raise I’m blown off or told they’ll get back to me but a lot of good people do work for the
Working at the varius venues
Securty Guard (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
This is fun PT job to have because of the staff, management and the events.
You never know who you get to see for free! LOL
I have learned that security in our field of work is not easy, especially dealing with people who are intoxicated or just want what they want.
I enjoy my co-workers. They are funny and seriosly get the job done.
Pros
Free Orlando Magic tickes for friends on certain days
Cons
Not enough events to make the job full time
Mall security guard
Overnight retail mail security guard (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 26, 2018
Awesome job if you get the graveyard shift like I worked! Can be stressful at times during the busy peak hours in the late afternoon through closing time.
Pros
Was near where I lived.
Cons
Not for someone who can't be on their feet the whole shift (8hrs).
Andy Frain Services
Site Supervisor/ Commissioned (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Worked at a high society gated community in Pearland, TX as a commissioned site supervisor. I to supervise ten employees, process payroll, and scheduling shifts for employees. I also filled in whe employees called off.
Pros
learned a be a supervisor
Cons
lost contract
A good place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2018
The people you meet at this company are friendly, the work place can be easy or hard, depending on how you make it. you will meet all kinds of people, whether its another guard, or the employees. the shifts are easy to work, and really, 90% of the job is showing up to work on time. The other 10% is doing what is expected of you.
Pros
good hours, meet new people, and easy to work
Cons
unreliable guards, checks get messed up, and lack of regular raises
i would recommend this employer
Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2019
very good company to advance with and a great place to start a professional career. one of the only things i didnt enjoy about this job is the amount of travel included some days.
Pros
all but the travel
Cons
travel
Working in all types of weather is a must
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 19, 2019
Straightforward job responsibilities. Cold weather gear is an important part of working outdoors. Some times we could see part of a show going on during our break.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Working outside
Good job to keep you afloat
SECURITY OFFICER ANDY FRAIN SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2018
I love this job for all the events i get to be aprt of but the hours are crazy and the benefits are not there so if you have a life outside of work you barely get to enjoy it
Pros
Events
Cons
No set hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andy Frain Services. Our community is ready to answer.