Angels Care Home Health

Angels Care Home Health: 41 Employee Reviews

United States41 reviews

Angels Care Home Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Company Dedicated To Quality Patient Care

This company branch is dedicated to providing excellent care to its patients. The branch manager at the site I worked for is highly motivated and very compassionate about providing the best care possible to their patients. Very good home health company.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, great co-workers

Cons

Not enough training when hired, high health insurance premiums, frequent schedule changes, must work some evenings, requires redundant patient charting

Very caring work environment and someone is always willing to help with anything.

Every coworker is understanding and willing to work with whatever is going on personal wise. Not once have I known anyone denied time just because, unless of course more than one person is on vacation. I have not had a bad experience there at all and would highly recommend to anyone interested in home health!

Great place

Manager is amazing to work for. Its great hours and pay. Manager always tries to make sure you have what your need to do the best care. Easy to have a balance with life and work.

Awesome company

Angels of care is an amazing company that care for their nurses!! The recruiters are very helpful, they reach out when a new client is available and make sure you know they are working to place you!!

Pros

Pto

Overworked

Overworked-keep admitting the same people over and over again.all about the $$. No skills development just grind away, no concerns over quality. Management only educates on billable behaviors

Pros

Nurses work hard

Cons

Work weekends, holidays, nights -tons of documentation

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

We are a team

Doesn’t feel like work.. no drama .. amazing boss… everyone works together to achieve goals… get PTO.. yearly raises…patients praise our team… we care about our patients… no one gets left behind Every job can be stressful but it’s not too much to handle, Charting can be overwhelming at first but it’s gets easier and u become more efficient after time,you always have someone to help, It’s gets hectic sometimes with a lot of new admits or if we r short staffed, but everyone does their part, doesn’t last forever

Pros

Boss will take patients if needed, works around ur family and personal needs to be off work

Cons

Every job can be stressful but it’s not too much to handle, Charting can be overwhelming at first but it’s gets easier and u become more efficient after time, you always have someone to help, It’s gets hectic sometimes with a lot of new admits or if we r short staffed, but everyone does their part, doesn’t last

Disorganized

I would not recommend working for this company. Everyone is new, including upper and middle management. No one knows how home health is supposed to be run. Horrible start to finish. Scheduling is a nightmare. Nurses are driving 100+ miles/day. Employees are constantly told ‘we’ve hired a bunch. Things WILL get better’ but no one ever stays. All their referral sources got fed up with subpar service and quit referring pts. They recycle same 65 pts over and over. Mgmnt would get angry if u tried to discharge pts. Overall terrible experience. I would not recommend working at this place or using their service.

Pros

Lots of points available and pay is decent

Cons

No staff no leadership

This is a great environment, everyone is willing to help out if needed.

Everyone works great together as a team. Lots of fun contests and great prizes. Very supportive management. Great pay and benefits. The pto is amazing. Management is always available and willing to help out when needed.

Just terrible

Some of the worst people managing the company. Much lower pay compared to peers in the area about 10,000 the 15,000 less annually. Poor reviews of the company most are average for a customer satisfaction so difficult to get additional referrals if you are in the sales department

Pros

None to speak

Cons

High-cost insurance, low pay and low car allowance

Be careful accepting a position with this company

The management at certain branches are not clinicians, but they operate as if they are actual nurses. The actual nursing management are often found at other sites, and not involved like they need to be in the day to day operations of the nursing staff. Branch Mangers should be nurses.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

managers gossip, and keep up drama

Co-workers were great but....

I worked here for 5 years and it changed so much in that time. Corporate micro-managed our every move and we had way too many meetings. My time as Branch manager was spent in the field as a staff LPN because we could not find staff that wasn't ran off by our administrator and other upper management. I did Intake, Scheduling, Branch Manager and field staff all at the same time but ended up losing my position when they hired the administrators friend in my job... With no clinical background. They then wanted me to train my replacement!!

Pros

Field staff, patient care

Cons

Mean girl culture, corporate, upper management, meetings

Godly people, looking out for their community

Angels Care home health was single-handedly the best place I’ve ever worked. They brought me up through the ranks, trained me, and were patient with me, loved me and taught me to grow myself. I watched them do that for many different people along my journey with them. They fought for me and with me, whatever it took to get us to a better place. Their motto is “ we serve patients “ and they did that better than any other home health that I got to see.

Pros

Family, well organized, stable

Cons

Competitive market, pay slightly less than competitors

They treat employees unfair and hire their own friends that are unqualified. lazy.

Sadly a company that plays favorites and does not look out for their patients and family members. They worry more about money and referrals than the patients. They treat employees unfair and promises are not kept. Management is poorly educated.

Pros

Being a good nurse and the flexibility

Cons

Management, male marketing person that has been fired everywhere else he has worked, unkept promises to their employees and more

Home Health Care

Plan on no consistency on a schedule, nor time off in the evening with your family as this time is expected to be spent planning for the next day. Some days, you will drive over 100 miles, and the stipend that they pay with every paycheck does not cover gas, wear and tear on your own vehicle, not to mention all the tires you will go through. You will also be required to use your own cell phone to schedule your visits so plan on having perfect strangers having your personal cell phone number.

Pros

Most of the employees and patients are amazing people.

Cons

Holiday pay is taken from your accrued PTO.

My work is important and satisfactory

1- Arrive to the office and receive doctor's order for hha service2_I have been lucky to know new work knowledge3-With regard to the administration my criteria is that they are very professional4-Work culture is comfortable and dynamic5-The most difficult part of my work is when I receive an rx at 5pm which is my time to finish, and I must stay to complete my work, because the rx have 72 hours to expire6-The most pleasant part is sharing with ammonia my work with my companions, we are really a good team

Very caring about their employees

I enjoyed working for this company. I was treated very well. I worked for them for one year and a half. They were very understanding when I had appointments because of medical issues. I was treated with respect and everyone was kind to me. I recommend this company.

Pros

Treated with respect

Poor management

Horrible work life balance. Unrealistic about schedule. Poor pay system. Bad management. High turnover of staff. No CNA’s so RN giving showers and personal cares along with heavy schedule of nursing visits.

Pros

Cons

The job

Patient centered

Raises are not given, only time there has been a "bonus" is when they are desperate for help. Communication is very disappointing with office staff. When attempting to fill a shift there is rarely an answer. Been on hold for a patient, but there is no communication between the company and myself. The rate I was initially offered was changed last minute, because they made a mistake. I would be paid more to take a last minute case instead of filling an open position.

Pros

Emr

Cons

No raises, lack of communication, low pay

Great patients and staff

Sometimes hard to balance work and your personal life but if you complete most or all of your charting before going home it makes life easier.The staff is great and everyone gets along

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

A lot of driving at times and on call

Clients are okay... some of them

I have nothing good to say about this company besides don't work for them they are the worst people to work for. And they will lie and sell you a dream to work for them and then forget they said it to you.

Pros

You get paid weekly

Cons

They will lie about money they owe you for working for them

To me there was nothing good to work withthis companyThe good part was that I got hired

It was not really good company adding Geno Insurance she was put me to work too hard for the money I was making and when I quit she didn’t pay me my money that I work

– April 9, 2020
Thank you for your review of our company. Your feedback is valued, and it is concerning that you had an unpleasant experience. Please feel free to reach out to us to discuss this further.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angels Care Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Angels Care Home Health with