Angi
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Angi Employee Reviews

United States779 reviews

homeadvisorsaleangilistdialcallingcoldcontractor

Great sales training, decent first closing role

Featured review

Angi selected this as a representative review
I learned a lot in the training program, much of which I still use today. The job itself is nearly 100% cold calling. Make of that what you will. You will be expected to meet a quota weekly and anything above that goes on your commission check.In my time at HA I made some good money, sharpened my skills and met great people. The office environment eventually became grating with loud music all day and sort of a strange post-college culture to everything.Either way, you're selling leads. It's not an easy sale but not the most difficult either. You'll come out of it a decent salesperson if you give it a chance.

Pros

Reasonable salary and good benefits. Selling can be fun. Cool people

Cons

Commission structure was always changing, earning potential somewhat limited. Few openings for promotion. Monotonous job

I loved it!

I worked in customer care and it was highly rewarding! Great customers, Great managers, Great everything!! Plenty of PTO, plenty of wonderful health benefits, EVEN PET INSURANCE!!!!

Angi insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Great Benefits. OK Hours of Operation. Zoom Meetings Everyday.Fun Giveaways.Fun Environment to be in.Work from Home Anywhere. Build Character new ideas. Makes lots of 💰 money!

Boiler room

Make false expectations they tell you to hang in there it will get better. I'm a grown man the culture is very millennial and left wing reminded me of going to high-school. I felt like I was going back to high-school very informal and immature the whole training process on zoom terrible trendy music and they feed you lines of garbage trying to brainwash and groom you into the nightmare that lies ahead when your out of training. They expect you to get 3 hours of talk time and 200 dials every day with recycled garbage for leads everyone hangs up on you as soon as they hear angi it's a joke when they expect you to keep a contractor on the phone while reading a 5 page script it was deplorable. My manager after two weeks left and I had to learn a new script from a new manager that never worked for the company before. This is why they have new training classes every month most people see the writing on the wall. They know out of 100 new trainees they may keep 5 people that hang on for a year. Terrible experience and waste of time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Liars

Angie’s List Ads etc

There’s 400 sales reps you’re competing with, the leads are usually side gigs started by a full time employee and not an actual business and they didn’t pay me all of my commissions.

Please Don't Take A job Here

Probably the worst sales job and company I've ever worked for. Sales trainers think they are awesome but are punitive and very condescending. Congratulations guys for talking to people feel like they are idiots...You can't even ask a question without being chastised. I've earned a 6 figure income in sales for many years and they treated me like a 5 year old. This company is bad for anyone's mental health. Run!

Pros

Remote

Cons

Boiler room mentality

Poor sales practices

I could not stand the way they coached you to sell at this company. Extremely manipulative tactics. In many cases, you're selling to people with no money, but you're still expected to grill them on the phone and waste your time. The way leads are handled is also very bizarre. For the most part, you're beating up old leads in the CRM. These leads are called basically every week, multiple times by different reps. Net-new leads are typically prospected by your director and handed out on a merit basis (# of dials, longer conversations, sales). You can see how this creates a politics game. I had heard of reps prospecting their own leads, but this was not the norm, even among top performers. You get 1 or 2 inbounds a week, which are mostly given out randomly, as far as I can tell.The variable comp structure is very good, and you can make 6 figures as a top performer and get off the floor in a year, into a manager/trainer position.

Terrible sketchy management, starts at the top.

Cold calling the same recycled leads over and over. Management will steal your accounts without second guessing then you have to fight for them back. No one there really helps you succeed. If you can get in good with the right people, you can make out alright, if you tick the wrong person off, they will give you the worst leads to call and weed you out. Success is handpicked not earned.

Pros

No weekend work

Cons

Pretty much everything is a CON. If you have sales integrity you won’t be happy selling here.

Entry Level sales

It is an entry level sales jobs. You are cold calling like crazy selling leads, the company has TERRIBLE reviews. They might sell bogus leads, I don't think so but the leads are hit or miss. If you sell it the RIGHT way (i.e. make sure the contractor knows about the ROI and how they are leads, not guaranteed jobs). The top performers typically try not to say the company name until the prospect is fully engaged if that tells you something. The truth is very massaged to be a top performer. I won President's Club, multiple Sales Person of the Month awards, and then when I started to feel I was selling immorally, my numbers dropped.Bottom line, it is entry level sales and yes you can make good money. You have to dial the phone a LOT. If you can make it in this job, you make it in any sales career. Other sales companies know that, so the biggest perk (unless you are top .5% making 300+k yearly) is that it is a great resume builder.

Great

Great company family oriented. Always had your needs first. Never felt unprepared for the job.I learned valuable sales skills, leadership skills.Management was among the best i have ever had.

So much support & encouragement from your team & management.

Everyone seems to want you to genuinely succeed and there is so much support. Your teammates from your entire region come together to create a United team environment even though working remote from home. Truly is the best of both worlds! Management is super supportive and understanding when life happens or internet fails. As long as you can make the required number of calls per day/sales per week/talk time minimums, but it isn’t easy to hit. Have to constantly dial - dial - dial. It’s a numbers game. I wanted to read as much as I could in previous call notes and research the person before calling, but if you do that, you can’t hit numbers. I was on the fence about this philosophy. Always taught quality over quantity, but you have to throw that out, and just dial blindly and hope for the best. But truly a wonderful group of talented professionals to be part of!

If you're money hungry with no integrity this is for you

This place is the workplace of demons (and I'm not even religious). They only care about how much money you're bringing in. The trainers are so stressed because their pay is based on how many contractors new trainees are signing up.

Pros

great pay, free beer on Fridays

Cons

soul sucking, having to lie to contractors about the service, managers only know how to motivate you by speaking about sports because the office is male dominated

Reputable contractor

Each project was clear cut. If your honest about not knowing a skill you would be thoroughly trained. Customer satisfaction was top priority. Work standard was very high.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No time off

Okay. Flexibility is nice l

Flexibility and benefits are great. Hard to sell something you don’t believe in. Gets your morale down when you do make sales only for them to be denied on background checks and things that are out of your control.

What is the best part of working at ?Very competitive compensation for commission-based positions. What is the most stressful part about working at HomeAdvisor?Disorganization, poor communication, and old operating systems are a challenge. Communication of major product changes, price increases, and other very important elements are either miscommunicated or not at all. Constant technical and product issues. What is the work environment and culture like at Angi?People in leadership are constantly putting out fires, which trickles down to lower-level positions. It's hard to keep up with product and brand changes, and even more difficult to communicate to clients. Clients are unhappy and it makes employees of Angi unhappy as well. What is a typical day like for you at HomeAdvisor Inc?Fire drills and ad hoc issue-management.

Great job if you don't mind making calls all day

You make calls all day and have to go through a lot of rejection, but you also get a lot of sales if you keep at it. The commission and benefits are great

Ok

It’s a one call close sales position. Often times we were expected to take the last few hundred dollars a contractor had. Very combative sales process too

Pros

Wfh, no after hours

Cons

Managers weren’t honest

Not good

Not good because they’re not supportive and give you a ton of used up bad leads. I’ll be forced to call the same person after they told me numerous times they don’t want to work with Angi

Poor communication. Sweat shop mentality.

Reading a script all day and inconsistent direction, depending on the manager of the day. "Turn and Burn." Everyone is super enthusiastic to the point of a cult atmosphere.

A bogus product

Terrible work environment and dishonest management. Absolutely no strategy in how leads are approached. Contractors pay no matter the lead quality. KPIs are way high without results.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Zero value proposition

Cold calling

The entire day is spent cold calling prospects. Many of them don’t want to talk to you. Ethical practices are sometimes not followed by sales reps, so you have to know the policies so you can be sure you are being honest on your calls. Be prepared to grow thick skin because sometimes the phone calls turn hostile. But it is rewarding when you finally get somebody on the phone who answers and wants to talk to you.

Pros

Team, People

Cons

Monotonous work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Angi with

• Angi
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?