Angie's List Employee Reviews

overall good place to work
Home Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2018
Angie's List was overall a great company to work for .Moral and culture were great. Compensation and Paid time off were well above average. Enjoyable experience being able to build client relationships. Management needed to be more helpful. Hardest part about the job was not enough direction from management
fun environment health and wellness was awesome
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
Typical day was always challenge, but fulfilling.
Enjoyed health and wellness
Management was great gave me opportunity to show case skills
Workplace culture was awesome
Pros
onsite wellness program
Cons
really was none to speak of
Good while it lasted
Senior Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2018
The company always managed to keep a startup mentality as it grew, but eventually it leaned on the we're-still-figuring-this-out approach as competitors fine-tuned their own business models. Collaboration was very important, and feedback was welcome from all parts of the organization.
May 23, 2018

Appreciate the review. It’s nice to know you enjoyed the majority of your time at Angie’s List. Best of luck. Chris Campbell, VP Product, Angie's List

A quick summary.
Client Success (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2018
I have very little to say about working for this company. Nothing nice. Nothing bad. Working for this company will be about as standard and basic as it will get. You will get what you sign up for. You will get paid for working.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management and the Culture
May 16, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and best of luck in your next role. – Cathy Hardin, SVP Sales and Operations Strategy

Fun employees in an unstable environment
Big Deal Sales Representative, New York Tri (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
Typical day at work was calling on new prospects and guiding current clients through their deal. The company was very unstable due to rumors of being bought out due to loss profits every quarter. This created a stressful culture which made this position unenjoyable and difficult to succeed. For example, management made an announcement that commissions were going to be adjusted, but it took 5 months for them to roll out the program, which had many employees looking elsewhere and uncertain about their futures. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting some talented sales employees. Company was recently bought out and many people still lost their jobs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor culture, unstable company
April 11, 2018

Appreciate the review. It’s good to know you felt you were surrounded by talented employees, but I’m sorry to hear that things felt so stressful leading up to the company’s transition. Best of luck. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

Loved Working for Angies List
Online Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
I was a discovery sales representative and AL I loved it and I worked with some amazing individuals on all levels of management. I felt like this company had a really great culture. I `felt really good about work life balance because they encouraged it. I never felt stressed or overwhelmed here. Simply dialing for contact and selling adds to small business owners. However I am sure things have changed because AL has recently merged with Home Advisor.
April 11, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It is wonderful to know that you look back on your Angie’ List career with feelings of happiness and good memories! It’s great to hear you enjoyed the culture as well. Best of luck. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

company culture differs depending on position
Conflict Resolution Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
The member service department was more or less a call center sweat shop for people with college degrees. Employees were treated for what they were : expendable.
April 11, 2018

I’m disappointed to read this review. Your description of our work environment doesn’t reflect Angie’s List culture, values or work ethic at all. I hope you were able to get any specific concerns addressed before you departed. Best of luck. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

Great environment for growth and advancement
Advertising Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
Angie's List has tremendous corporate culture, and it a great job for those looking to advance their sales career. They take care of their people and want you to advance within the business.
Pros
Great culture and benefits
Cons
Recently purchased by IAC, creating new processes that don't benefit the overall business.
April 11, 2018

Thanks for the great review. It’s good to know that you felt supported and set up for success in your role, and that you care so deeply about Angie’s List culture! Best of luck in your next role. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2018
no problems work to get sales, love the job and love talking to people. pay was horrible. its not a regular 9-5 you have to put in more hours to be successful.
March 26, 2018

Thanks for the review. It’s great to read that you loved the job and enjoyed working in sales. Best of luck. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Indy

Current culture is difficult
Senior Client Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2018
Lots of layoffs and difficult to work under conditions. Hours are good however. Good benefits and an appropriate amount of time off. Leaving now because of the culture change.
March 9, 2018

I appreciate your review, and I’m sorry to hear that our transition has affected you in a negative way. Staying true to Angie’s List incredible culture is a main priority of ours, and I hope you were able to address your concerns about change while still a member of the team. Best of luck. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

Diverse and fun workplace
eCommerce Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2018
I loved the people I worked with and the laidback atmosphere of the downtown campus I worked at. The casual dress code as also a huge plus. Overall a fun place to work.
March 9, 2018

Thanks for the great review, and it’s nice to know you had fun while at work and enjoyed some of the perks Angie’s List had to offer. Best of luck! – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

Senior Corporate and Compliance Counsel (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Angie's List and had a great manager. However, the company could never quite figure out which direction to take, resulting in lots o f money spent on things that didn't work.
March 9, 2018

Thanks for the honest review, and it’s great to know you thought highly of your manager. As we continue this period of transition I appreciate your feedback. Best of luck. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

Work here if you only need temporary paycheck
Receptionist, Written Correspondence (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2018
Do not even bother trying to make this a long term career. I should have listened to the reviews before I accepted the position. It's very likely that you will be laid off in what ever position you try.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
everything else
March 9, 2018

While I appreciate the review, it is completely false to say “it’s very likely that you will be laid off in what ever position you try.” I hope you were able to get any specifics concerns you had addressed while you were still on the team. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

eCommerce Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2018
Angie's List has been a great place to work. There is not a lot of micromanaging which I really appreciate. They expect a lot from their employees, but they trust us to get through our daily tasks on our own while providing guidance when needed.

A typical day for me at work would be to come in around 8:00 in the morning. I begin my day with handling any follow up tasks to make sure I stay within service levels. The rest of the day consists of tackling new cases while managing the rest of my in-progress cases.

I've learned a lot in my 6 years here at Angie's List, especially having the benefit of working in multiple departments. Management across the board has been satisfactory, and I feel that everyone does a good job of making themselves approachable.

I honestly think that the most enjoyable part of my job here is the culture. They are firm believers in the adage "work hard/play hard." It provides great incentive. The hardest part of the job would have to be telling customers answers they do not want to hear while trying to provide the best customer service possible.
Pros
Good hours, lot of incentives
Cons
Fairly low salary/not much room for advancement
March 9, 2018

Thanks for the honest and detailed review! It’s great to know you are learning and growing in your role, and that the culture resonates with you. Employees like you make Angie’s List such a great place to work. If you have any specific feedback, we are here to listen and help you overcome any challenges you are facing. Great to have you on the team. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Angie’s List

It was good for a moment.
Advertising Sales, Account management (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisJanuary 29, 2018
Most of the people I meet at Angie's List were good, honest and hard working. The employees are what made working for this company tolerable. At times the pay plan was generous. However, compensation structure was constantly changing. .
Pros
Flexable PTO
Cons
Constant compensation change
A very tough but rewarding job.
Client Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2018
Despite the lack of job security or reliability coming from the training programs I found this job to be very rewarding for those who put in the hard work. I survived 4 different overhauls and potential job cuts and due to my effort was able to stay on top of the rep rankings and was rewarded handsomely during my time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job security
terrible
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2018
terrible, bad environment, poor management, long hours, dirty workplace, low pay, they will fire you in 3 months if you dont hit your goal.............
Pros
Cons
many
Boiler Room
Advertising Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2018
Angie's List has a lot to offer both it's employees as well as it's customers and Service Providers. It's truly intended to be a fun atmosphere. However, in if you are in sales, it's a scene straight out of the movie, "Boiler Room". There's a saying in sales. "It's either you got it, or you don't". If you're able to sell water to a well, you'll do lavishly well at The List. If you can't, you wont last more than 3-4 months as you're written up each time you don't hit your goal.
Sales Environment
PROJECT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2018
Angie's List is now owned by HomeAdvisor. When the merger happened they took most of the sales force to HomeAdvisor to train and adapt them to their world. Angie's List is still a sales environment that has quotas to meet each month.
Pros
Pto, good environment
Cons
Stress, big quotas
Productive and professional and fun place to work.
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 23, 2018
Excellent work/life balance. We worked diligently for our clients and really developed strong relationships. The management team was very strong. The best part about the job was the support that you had everyday.
Pros
work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angie's List. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight