Angie's List Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Beginning but Time for a Change
Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2018
I have been with this company for many years. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had and the experience I have gained from working here. I have met so many great people who are now some of my best friends. I have also learned so much from the former leaders of this company whom I have looked up to for many years. I have had some of the best times and also some of the worse times of my adult working life at this company. In the early 2010s, Angie's List was a very special place, it was fast, fun and exciting. The compensation was great and so was the opportunity to advance your career. However, over time all of the things that made Angie's List a great place to work diminished. I suppose this happens as companies grow, which is why it is time for me to move on and seek out new opportunities elsewhere.
Interesting environment, just don't get comfortable
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2018
When I got to Angie's List I was wide-eyed and bushy tailed. The company definitely hyped themselves up as the place to build a career. After the first six months you allowed to apply to other positions within the company.

After the first year, I quickly found out that they were not what they had hyped and they often went with outside people for open positions. I was not able to move from my entry level position even though I had many accolades within my position. They seemed content to keep me where I was because I was a work horse that exceeded well.

The company was not very great at new releases and their focus always seemed two steps behind where they should have been for a growing tech company.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Pay was not up to the ever growing responsibilities added
New company
Client Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2018
Angie's List was sold to Home Advisor and my responsibilities have changed. I went from an account management role to a telemarketing role. I would prefer to not to do telemarketing.
Good working environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2018
This is a Good working place, I learned so many techniques from here, here I gain lot of experience, I worked on different projects and getting good experience.
Cool
Sr. Infrastructure\Storage engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2017
It Rocks, Very clear its changing. There is a great reduction in the IT staff. Location is moving. Site change may occur over 2018. Not a real clear view of tasks.
Good while it lasted
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 16, 2017
Great place to train and learn but not built for long-term. Pay for good sales rep is unreal but to be good there you have to be GOOD to make the big bucks.
Pros
Pay, Pto, Bonuses
Cons
Everything else
Working at the List
Client Success Manager (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2017
I loved the work we were doing and the pay was excellent. I miss being in my old role with the company. The hours were somewhat flexible with a great work life balance. We worked hard and long hours to hit goal and help get our team to goal. My coworkers were more like family and I will forever be truly grateful for my experience and time there.
Pros
Great pay, Management, Pto policy, rewarding work
Cons
long hours at the end of the month, insurance wasn't great
Ok
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2017
The training was poor and the staff was not helpful or very friendly. O enjoyed the job but I didn't enjoy the staff. They were too pushy in making a customer by a package that they didn't want.
Unprofessional
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
Under paid and unprofessional upper management. Everyone was to laid back. Enjoyed most of my peers. Very diverse culture. They did not pay as well as I would of liked.
Pros
laid back
Cons
under paid
Good culture
Neighborhood Expert (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
Great company to work for, they were just bought out by another company and my department was not needed any more. Good work/life balance and great company culture.
Pros
Free gym/work out classes. Campus like setting
Cons
No room for advancement/poor job security
Discovery Rep
Home Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2017
Competitive sales environment. The base salary is nice for only making 90 outbound calls per day. The only major issue is your commission is dependent upon higher paid employees closing deals.
Cool place to work; not sure how the culture would be after merger
VP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
Cool place to work at Angie's List before merger despite being chaotic; not sure how the culture would be after merger. Most of the talented folks are gone.
Great company, great people
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2017
I have enjoyed working with Angie's List. The company fosters a unique and wonderful culture that promotes hard work, innovative thinking, and a results-oriented compensation structure. I have worked with extremely talented individuals who have raised the bar with each project.

With a high growth, fast-paced environment comes a lot of change. In order to be successful in this environment, you need to be adaptable and willing to learn new processes and products.
Pros
Great people, lots of potential
Cons
Healthcare is good but expensive
Zero job security
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2017
I've learned a lot about myself and grown as a person working here. This is definitely a company that will keep you on your toes. Things are always changing, and it seems that they're short term solutions to whatever sends us into crisis mode that week. There doesn't seem to be a well thought out plan to fix something for good. Instead, it's a lot of band-aid fixes and the ones who suffer are the members and service providers. As a tech company, I'd expect our technology to be a bit more reliable.
It was an excellent opportunity
Client Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2017
Overall my experience was a positive one. There will always be things you wish turned out differently, but overall I learned so much. I loved my managers, they were always very supportive and helpful.
I will miss it
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
Due to the merge with Home Adviser, many of us lost our jobs. I loved working for the company and was there for almost 4 years. I would still be there if I had the choice.
Constantly changing workplace
Production Designer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2017
In the 12.5 years I worked at Angie's List it enjoyed tremendous growth, so the workplace changed along with that growth. Currently, the company is in a merger situation, and heavy cuts were being made across the board.
Great work environment
Discovery Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere always learned something new everyday. Management was awesome. There was nothing to me really hard about the job.
Not interested in reviewing
Director of Wellness / Personal Training (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2017
Not really interested in providing a review but it is required. I've enjoyed working for the company over the years and have made lasting relationships during my tenure with the company.
Good work environment
SP Integrity Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2017
Company has been struggling financially and positions do not feel safe. They have been bought by IAC (who also owns Home Advisor) and have cut a lot of positions deemed to be redundancies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angie's List. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight